PDA

View Full Version : Latest Colgate Scoreboard Picture

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 08:43 AM
http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/images/gen/2006/7/17/FBscoreboardWEB.jpg

Still small...

I thought I would be able to get out this weekend to take some better pictures, but I wasn't. I hope to maybe later this week.

I think it's looking real nice! :)

ngineer
July 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hey 13, is this all because of the short circuit the Mountain Hawks gave it last year? :smiley_wi

Sorry, couldn't resist that one...my bad:asswhip:

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Hey 13, is this all because of the short circuit the Mountain Hawks gave it last year? :smiley_wi

Nope, it's in preparation for the room we're going to need to hoist a National Championship Banner in a year or two. ;)

GannonFan
July 18th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Nope, it's in preparation for the room we're going to need to hoist a National Championship Banner in a year or two. ;)

Hey, once again Colgate's star rises about the same time UD's star is on the rise - we look good right now, but should be positively stacked in 2007 - maybe we can meet up again? ;)

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/images/gen/2006/7/17/FBscoreboardWEB.jpg

Still small...

I thought I would be able to get out this weekend to take some better pictures, but I wasn't. I hope to maybe later this week.

I think it's looking real nice! :)

Small? That thing looks gaudy large... I think it seems out of place for Colgate. And, are there enough advertisments on that thing? Is this your cash cow?

GeauxColonels
July 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I think it looks fine. Nicholls State's scoreboard is similar. Is that screen going to be able to show game-footage (ie instant replays) or just computer-generated graphics like the one at Nicholls?

I do think the screen could be a little bigger given the size of the rest of the scoreboard.

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hey, once again Colgate's star rises about the same time UD's star is on the rise - we look good right now, but should be positively stacked in 2007 - maybe we can meet up again? ;)

We might just miss - I think we're peaking in 2008. Whew. xlolx

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Small?
The picture, P4L! The picture is small! :p

That thing looks gaudy large... I think it seems out of place for Colgate. And, are there enough advertisments on that thing? Is this your cash cow?

Having driven by it, it doesn't look guady, but rather kind of shocking in that it makes Andy Kerr look more legit. It compliments the home side stands. I hope an upgrade to the visitor side (not in capacity but form) is on someone's desk to really complete the look.

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I think it looks fine. Nicholls State's scoreboard is similar. Is that screen going to be able to show game-footage (ie instant replays) or just computer-generated graphics like the one at Nicholls?

I do think the screen could be a little bigger given the size of the rest of the scoreboard.

All of Colgate's home games are shown on TV in the immediate region, so we're told that instant replay of game footage will be shown. :nod:

The screen size is quite large when you're actually on the field. I hope to get some better pictures to ilustrate. I'll share when/if I do!

ngineer
July 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM
All of Colgate's home games are shown on TV in the immediate region, so we're told that instant replay of game footage will be shown. :nod:
The screen size is quite large when you're actually on the field. I hope to get some better pictures to ilustrate. I'll share when/if I do!

What's the League rule on showing penalties? The MLB doesn't allow replays of close plays called by the umps. Not sure about the NFL or NCAA rules on this. But I imagine replays of 'questionable' pass interference and holding calls, which many times are subjective, might be verbotten?

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
What's the League rule on showing penalties? The MLB doesn't allow replays of close plays called by the umps. Not sure about the NFL or NCAA rules on this. But I imagine replays of 'questionable' pass interference and holding calls, which many times are subjective, might be verbotten?

Good question. I don't know that answer!

GeauxColonels
July 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Not really sure. I do know that at a LSU/Alabama game a few years back in Baton Rouge, the refs made a pretty bad call and the scoreboard operator kept replaying the play over and over again. I'm not sure if that has been addressed since then.

Marcus Garvey
July 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM
colgate13:

Do you have any pictures of the grass growing too? How about the paint drying? xlolx xlolx

Seriously though, nice scoreboard. Is that an honest to god video display in the middle, or is it some sort of animated display like Brown Stadium has?

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 02:59 PM
colgate13:

Do you have any pictures of the grass growing too? How about the paint drying? xlolx xlolx

Seriously though, nice scoreboard. Is that an honest to god video display in the middle, or is it some sort of animated display like Brown Stadium has?

Honest to god, live video. What is showing live on Time Warner's cable station, can show live on the screen. AWESOME!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Honest to god, live video. What is showing live on Time Warner's cable station, can show live on the screen. AWESOME!

That's great. Next year, you'll be able to watch the Lehigh/Lafayette game on the diamondvision for the PL championship while attending Colgate/Bucknell! :D

LBPop
July 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
That's great. Next year, you'll be able to watch the Lehigh/Lafayette game on the diamondvision for the PL championship while attending Colgate/Bucknell! :D

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Go...gate
July 18th, 2006, 10:55 PM
The board also looks like it has some perforations or openings for wind, which really whips through the Chenango Valley and down that football field at times.

mainejeff
July 18th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Sweet scoreboard!

Griz Grunt
July 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Daktronics - 12' x 21' video screen, 64' x 43'4" overall. Now that's a scoreboard, and I really like the color. Congrats!

TheValleyRaider
July 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to see it when I get up there in August :nod: :bow:

LBPop
July 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Can't wait to see it when I get up there in August :nod: :bow:

Same here...will be there in late September. I'm betting that the fall colors really kick in about that time.

Andy
July 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=colgate13]Nope, it's in preparation for the room we're going to need to hoist a National Championship Banner in a year or two. ;)
[/QUOTE

Jeez, 13. Can you at least get a glimpse of the future QB of the team before declaring them champions? BTW, who is it? Is he on the roster, has he transferred in, is he about to transfer in, still in high school? Or will the juggernaut around him make his skill level irrelevant? :)

(Meyers, I guess?)

colgate13
July 19th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Or will the juggernaut around him make his skill level irrelevant? :)

Yes. :rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::rotateh::rota teh:

Seriously though, IMHO it's a two horse race between Pitcher and Meyers.

Go...gate
July 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I like the idea of a QB named Pitcher at Colgate, for many reasons.xprost2x

ngineer
July 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
The board also looks like it has some perforations or openings for wind, which really whips through the Chenango Valley and down that football field at times.

That's for breaking wind...:smiley_wi