PDA

View Full Version : CSJ: Joe Glenn Comes Home To Coach Against the Griz

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 04:18 PM
Lance Berndt of the CSJ profiles the career of Joe Glenn, whose Coyotes are facing off against Montana this weekend.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/275-joe-glenn-comes-home-to-coach-against-the-griz

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Nice, short little read. Good job Lance.

I could have given some nice little trinkets for that one btw.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Glenn is not going to have a 'happy' homecoming for this game.

Grizz win by 3 TDs.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Glenn is not going to have a 'happy' homecoming for this game.

Grizz win by 3 TDs.

I hope you are right but we traditionally struggle early so I don't share in that prediction and will be happy with the ol' one pointer if it comes down to it.

But as I say, I'm rooting for ya!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:11 PM
I hope you are right but we traditionally struggle early so I don't share in that prediction and will be happy with the ol' one pointer if it comes down to it.

But as I say, I'm rooting for ya!

I'm not buying into the 'talk' about how the Grizz are going to be down this year. Montana is not your 'typical' 1AA program. They have probably the best fan support in all of FCS and they always put a good team on the field. Ya, the defense has to replace a lot of starters and all of the other turmoil this offseason but I can almost bet that the 2nd and 3rd stringers last year were pretty darn good.

Montana is a favorite for the Big Sky and will be there in the end. I'm hoping the Grizz and Bison play in the playoffs this year......the smack on here would be "classic".

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'm not buying into the 'talk' about how the Grizz are going to be down this year. Montana is not your 'typical' 1AA program. They have probably the best fan support in all of FCS and they always put a good team on the field. Ya, the defense has to replace a lot of starters and all of the other turmoil this offseason but I can almost bet that the 2nd and 3rd stringers last year were pretty darn good.

Montana is a favorite for the Big Sky and will be there in the end. I'm hoping the Grizz and Bison play in the playoffs this year......the smack on here would be "classic".

I don't disagree with anything you say. I have on many occasions over the last few months said that same thing...especially about our defense. They are young but will end up being as good as last year I think.

Setting that aside. Even with an experienced team we normally roll up to speed pretty slowly so I'll be happy with a simple victory of any sort and would not be at all surprised if it were an ugly, low scoring affair.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM
I don't disagree with anything you say. I have on many occasions over the last few months said that same thing...especially about our defense. They are young but will end up being as good as last year I think.

Setting that aside. Even with an experienced team we normally roll up to speed pretty slowly so I'll be happy with a simple victory of any sort and would not be at all surprised if it were an ugly, low scoring affair.

I just wish the Fargodome was built to the original capacity (26K or so). I really believe we could ave 25K fans / game if the FD was bigger. Wash-Grizz stadium is the best 1AA college FB atmosphere but the FD is right there also.

I'm definitely looking forward to the home/home series with the Grizz. They should be great games.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 05:27 PM
I just wish the Fargodome was built to the original capacity (26K or so). I really believe we could ave 25K fans / game if the FD was bigger. Wash-Grizz stadium is the best 1AA college FB atmosphere but the FD is right there also.

I'm definitely looking forward to the home/home series with the Grizz. They should be great games.

I'm trying to find a way to disagree with ya but I can't do it.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm trying to find a way to disagree with ya but I can't do it.xthumbsupx

As a FCS fan, there is nothing a guy can really say that is negative about Montana. Ya, some players have made some bad choices but from just a football viewpoint the Grizz are a 'model' that most 1AA teams try to "reach to", IMO. Institutional support, great fan support, community support, great facilities, tradition.....on and on.

There are only a few 1AA teams that can come close to this......Appy State-Georgia Southern-Delaware-NDSU. Smack wise there is always time to give Grizz fans some crap but there is no doubt that, football wise, the U of Montana is one of the best in 1AA...period. But now there is NDSU on the block also. It is going to be a fun ride.....xthumbsupx