PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State Routed By South Carolina State

superman7515
August 31st, 2012, 07:16 AM
Atlanta Journal Constitution (http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/08/31/s-c-state-33-georgia-state-6-quotes-notes-and-observations/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_state_sports)

Georgia State was routed by South Carolina State 33-6 on Thursday at the Georgia Dome.

It was at a loss at all levels.

The new hurry-up offense was undone by an offensive line that couldn’t stop South Carolina State’s rush (six sacks). As a result, neither quarterback Ben McLane nor Kelton Hill had much time to do anything. The offense finished with 229 yards, or 82 yards less than Matt Hubbard had in punts. (An 80-yard punt he boomed, leading to a 62.2-per kick average).

The new 4-2-5 defense gave up 488 yards, starting when Isaiah Howard fell down covering a receiver in the first series that allowed a 72-yard touchdown pass.

The special teams were once again inconsistent. Matt Ehasz missed two of his four field goals, none worse than a 24-yard attempt that would have cut the Bulldogs’ lead to 7-6.........

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wish I could say I was surprised...

BluBengal07
August 31st, 2012, 07:38 AM
looks like South Caroline State is back to taking names.

AshevilleApp2
August 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Glad to see it.

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2012, 07:42 AM
What happened to those Georgia State fans that used to post here? Man they were out of touch. Now at least I think they realize that their team isn't very good.

henfan
August 31st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Too bad this garbage will sully the CAA for a season.xnonono2x

UNH Fanboi
August 31st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Whats the worst record a team has had in the year before moving from FCS to FBS?

ButlerGSU
August 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
Whats the worst record a team has had in the year before moving from FCS to FBS?

I'll let you know after Georgia States last game...looks like 0-11.

BluBengal07
August 31st, 2012, 08:06 AM

3-8 in 2011 and 9-13 since started. GSU should be a top contender. UTSA is 4-6 from one season.

but Incarnate Word is 0-0. skipped FCS to go straight to the FBS.

superman7515
August 31st, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'll let you know after Georgia States last game...looks like 0-11.

This season for GaSt is what happens when you yell no cops and the other guy actually shows up for lunch.

GSUsTALON
August 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
What happened to those Georgia State fans that used to post here? Man they were out of touch. Now at least I think they realize that their team isn't very good.

Georgia State fans don’t care about the garbage teams in FCS. They are moving up to the SunBelch where they will become an FBS power.

Eagle22
August 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM

Buffalo went 4-7 in 1998 ... that is probably one of the worst .... a while back on their messageboard, I compared Georgia State to Buffalo, and they scoffed at the suggested similarities.

In retrospect, I see why. I seriously doubt Georgia State gets four wins this year ;)

GSUsTALON
August 31st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Buffalo went 4-7 in 1998 ... that is probably one of the worst .... a while back on their messageboard, I compared Georgia State to Buffalo, and they scoffed at the suggested similarities.

In retrospect, I see why. I seriously doubt Georgia State gets four wins this year ;)

Comparing Georgia State to Buffalo is Bison bashing!

Apphole
August 31st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Can't wait for the mirror image to take the field in similar fashion.

Tribal
August 31st, 2012, 08:26 AM

Nope...they stopped posting here and CAAzone because they didn't want to read the truth. Now, they post on Panther Talk where any dissenting opinion will quickly get a poster banned.

They talked a big game until last night; now, they're in meltdown mode.

Tribal
August 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
This season for GaSt is what happens when you yell no cops and the other guy actually shows up for lunch.

LMAO...nice one.

813Jag
August 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
I'm sure they're getting 50K in the dome, am I right?

The Eagle's Cliff
August 31st, 2012, 08:29 AM
The folks at Ga State truly believe being in Atlanta makes them relevant. The Sunbelt Conference will love pitching Atlanta's rooftop count to potential advertisers (more power to them), but Atlanta is a transportation hub city where half the population is from another state. Ga Tech has over a century of tradition and averaged 47,000 (85% capacity) in 2011. I've said many times before that the best Ga State can hope to be is UAB.

Tribal
August 31st, 2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sure they're getting 50K in the dome, am I right?

Reported attendance under 19k but their fans claim that GA St students bailed by halftime and SCSU had as many fans in the 2nd half. Sounds like around 11k with students and 8k after they left.

GSUsTALON
August 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM
After last night I now understand why G-State wants to play in the Sunbelt so badly. Since FCS competition has been a little rough on you a fresh start in an inferior conference will suit you nicely. GaSt gets a fresh start with 85 scholarships in a conference that is no better than FCS, the “Dome” to play in & 50,000 fans and STUDENTS to play in front of. Wow, the future looks bright for the Panthers. I’m glad you guys made the transition before GaSo. We can use you as a model on how to successfully transition.

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2012, 09:06 AM
This just keeps getting yummier and yummier...

blueballs
August 31st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Isn't this the same SCSU that was routed in the 2010 playoffs in Statesboro???

I find it quite interesting that the Georgia State faithful have been constantly bashing the REAL GSU- you know, the one with all the CHAMPIONSHIPS- and they been in this and just about every other related FCS forum bashing the REAL GSU an thumping their chests and they are routed by a team that ....

Wow................

klak
August 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Following this game last night was probably the best way I could have kicked off the season. Many lulz were had. :D

superman7515
August 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Isn't this the same SCSU that was routed in the 2010 playoffs in Statesboro???

Apples to oranges. Different year, different team.

JMUNJ08
August 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM
This just keeps getting yummier and yummier...

Soooo agree. So there only real chances for wins this year are UTSA and UR at home then URI on the road. Each should be favored against the GSU imposters. I'm going to say double digit losses is a must AND requirement for the Sun Belt

GATA_Eagles
August 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Jeff Schultz ‏@JeffSchultzAJC
Talk about bailing -- almost entire Georgia State student section left before the fourth quarter.

asu3peat
August 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Following this game last night was probably the best way I could have kicked off the season. Many lulz were had. :D

Really enjoyed your post over on PantherTalk. I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

"Well at least you've still got that awesome media market, eh?" Klak

asumike83
August 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
I wish no ill will on Georgia State but that Tennessee game next week is going to be very, very ugly. Hopefully, their kids' spirits won't be completely crushed after week two because the CAA is not going to do them any favors. If they can't beat UTSA or URI, a winless season is not out of the question unless they really pick it up.

blueballs
August 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM

I know but y'all have to work with me here :-)

blueballs
August 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Well................... I guess the bright side of this is nobody's likely to be throwing bricks through Curry's window like they did in Tuscaloosa.

CID1990
August 31st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Next on deck for the Great Fizzle: UNCC.

asumike83
August 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
SC State is not a bad team but it is still a bad loss. There is no shame in losing a game to SCSU but when you get dominated by 27 at home, it is a big problem. We played SCSU in the playoffs in 2008-2009 and they showed out well, especially in 2009.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM
Good seats still available for Georgia State @ Tennessee!

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/wkly-schedules/week-2-2012

UNH Fanboi
August 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
URI is a decent team and will be the clear favorite over this team. I don't know much about UTSA. It's looking like 2-9 may be the best-case scenario for Ga. St. The games against the top CAA teams could get really ugly.

eaglemachine
August 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM

I'd argue that SC State had a better team in 2010 when Georgia Southern mauled them in the playoffs then the did when they played Georgia State last night at the first game of a season.

Cocky
August 31st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Do they get to play future SunBelt foe Middle Tenn this year? It might would be a chance at a victory?

ysubigred
August 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM
Do they get to play future SunBelt foe Middle Tenn this year? It might would be a chance at a victory?

xeekx MTSU has to be the worst team in 1FBS period!! So Go ST would have a chance xawesomex

813Jag
August 31st, 2012, 11:19 AM
xeekx MTSU has to be the worst team in 1FBS period!! So Go ST would have a chance xawesomex
I'm not sure about that, remember Lambuth?

Tribal
August 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM

Idaho?

ysubigred
August 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
xsmhx Lambuth sucked so bad they voted not to exist anymore in 2011 xnodx

ysubigred
August 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Idaho?

Vandals?? They were once an 1AA power house xoopsx

Truefan
August 31st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Wow, to get critize by everyone and was picked to lose by 3 to10 points. Now everyone says GA State is a bad te
* 2 wide receivers with over 100y yards
* 6 sacks
* 300 yard passer
* on the opponents homefield
I like being the underDOG, we will see whomever in the playoffs

813Jag
August 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM
xsmhx Lambuth sucked so bad they voted not to exist anymore in 2011 xnodx
Actually Southern got an all conference Linebacker and a coach from Lambuth after they shut down

cbarrier90
August 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM
Idaho?

This. And it's not close...

GaSouthern
August 31st, 2012, 12:36 PM
SC State is an ok team

Ga State is a TERRIBLE brand of football

citdog
August 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Wow, to get critize by everyone and was picked to lose by 3 to10 points. Now everyone says GA State is a bad te
* 2 wide receivers with over 100y yards
* 6 sacks
* 300 yard passer
* on the opponents homefield
I like being the underDOG, we will see whomever in the playoffs

nice win by the little pups from orangeburg. ga state got whipped in every facet of the game. worst defeat in atlanta since peachtree creek.

Tuscon
August 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hey! I still post over here every now and again. Tribal, you chose to ignore it when I called out your prediction. No lies, that was a terrible showing last night. I'm not really understanding why all the GS folks are on here talking about their win over the same team. Most Georgia State fans agree we'd lose against GS if we played them anytime soon. Not a lot of "chest thumping" goes in that direction.

We absolutely have to get it together by UTSA and get a win there to boost confidence for some of the harder games. I'm really hoping last night was a wake up call for the entire team.

PS That's 5 pages in a Georgia State thread before a fan of the program even commented. Way to go guys.

realgsu
August 31st, 2012, 01:16 PM
I don't think any of us thought that we would be world beaters in the beginning, though I'd admit I didn't think we'd be this bad. But the truth is that it doesn't matter. We are essentially playing exhibition games until 2014. This is the time we take our lumps, go through growing pains and establish our traditions. But the good news is that we are moving forward. The bad news for some of y'all is the realization that you are stuck where you are, that is until FCS becomes Div 2.

eaglewraith
August 31st, 2012, 01:20 PM
I love how someone can come in here and talk **** after getting taken to the woodshed.

Hey Ga State....how's that #StateofShock feel?

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Honest question: why do you really hate GA St's football program?

Is it because their fans on here are jerks or is it because they're moving up to I-A and you know your programs (for the most part) will never have that opportunity?

Which is the one that really steams you?

eaglewraith
August 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Honest question: why do you really hate GA St's football program?

Is it because their fans on here are jerks or is it because they're moving up to I-A and you know your programs (for the most part) will never have that opportunity?

Which is the one that really steams you?

My problem with them started way before they ever announced a move to FBS.

When they came to the FCS world and acted like they were God's gift to football and would run this whole thing with nothing to back it up, they pissed me off.
When they have done horribly against weak competition and continually thrown their rented facility and the fact they're in Atlanta in our face, they pissed me off.
When they crowed about being featured on ESPN the magazine and all that crap because "Look how much people are interested in us" when it was really because they hired Bill Curry, they pissed me off.

I come from the school of thought that you put up or shut up. Ga State has yet to learn how to be humble....but it might be a lesson they learn very quickly.

Compare that to ODU. Yea they're arrogant...but they can play. My hat was off to them after they lost to us last year although they talked a ton of trash. They came very close and were a mess to deal with. They know how to win and actually have a good team. I can respect that.

Ga State has done nothing in the eyes of the college football world to deserve any respect, yet they demand everyone consider them a legit program. THAT is why I can't stand them.

ysubigred
August 31st, 2012, 02:00 PM
My problem with them started way before they ever announced a move to FBS.

When they came to the FCS world and acted like they were God's gift to football and would run this whole thing with nothing to back it up, they pissed me off.
When they have done horribly against weak competition and continually thrown their rented facility and the fact they're in Atlanta in our face, they pissed me off.
When they crowed about being featured on ESPN the magazine and all that crap because "Look how much people are interested in us" when it was really because they hired Bill Curry, they pissed me off.

I come from the school of thought that you put up or shut up. Ga State has yet to learn how to be humble....but it might be a lesson they learn very quickly.

Compare that to ODU. Yea they're arrogant...but they can play. My hat was off to them after they lost to us last year although they talked a ton of trash. They came very close and were a mess to deal with. They know how to win and actually have a good team. I can respect that.

Ga State has done nothing in the eyes of the college football world to deserve any respect, yet they demand everyone consider them a legit program. THAT is why I can't stand them.

xeekx Gooose fabra Gooose fabra.....................xnodx

eaglewraith
August 31st, 2012, 02:07 PM
xeekx Gooose fabra Gooose fabra.....................xnodx

Oh I'm completely cool. All the laughter I had last night has me totally evened out :)

Gringer1
August 31st, 2012, 02:15 PM
PS That's 5 pages in a Georgia State thread before a fan of the program even commented. Way to go guys.

Sorry guy, but *** holes like this:

I don't think any of us thought that we would be world beaters in the beginning, though I'd admit I didn't think we'd be this bad. But the truth is that it doesn't matter. We are essentially playing exhibition games until 2014. This is the time we take our lumps, go through growing pains and establish our traditions. But the good news is that we are moving forward. The bad news for some of y'all is the realization that you are stuck where you are, that is until FCS becomes Div 2.

Are the reason people like to see you lose. Some G-State fans have been slinging **** at the entire FCS since you announced the formation of a team. Even when you get the snot beat out of you by a mediocre team, some of your fans still claim that you're only a couple seasons away from being a legitimate FBS contender. If your fanbase would collectively stop showing such a delusional face to the football world and admit that your program isn't anything to brag about yet, people would like you a lot more. When you get beat by FCS teams and then some of your guys try to talk down to the division, it just makes you look like jerks. Nobody blames G-State for taking their lumps, but we do blame you for acting like you're something to be feared.

Tuscon
August 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Sorry guy, but *** holes like this:

Are the reason people like to see you lose. Some G-State fans have been slinging **** at the entire FCS since you announced the formation of a team. Even when you get the snot beat out of you by a mediocre team, some of your fans still claim that you're only a couple seasons away from being a legitimate FBS contender. If your fanbase would collectively stop showing such a delusional face to the football world and admit that your program isn't anything to brag about yet, people would like you a lot more. When you get beat by FCS teams and then some of your guys try to talk down to the division, it just makes you look like jerks. Nobody blames G-State for taking their lumps, but we do blame you for acting like you're something to be feared.

Having a program is something to brag about. Remember, we didn't have one 3 years ago. It didn't look like we were ever going to get one, so yeah, we brag about it. The upside associated with our program is great(with the right leaders in place). You can't fault a fan base for wanting and expecting the best.

phoenix3
August 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
I have no love for App St. But what was the Sun Belt thinking in taking Ga. St. over app. They have now solidly placed themselves in the sub cellar of FBS. Too funny.

gsu2583
August 31st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Having a program is something to brag about. Remember, we didn't have one 3 years ago. It didn't look like we were ever going to get one, so yeah, we brag about it. The upside associated with our program is great(with the right leaders in place). You can't fault a fan base for wanting and expecting the best.

You have NOTHING to brag about. Your school has a football team? Great, no need to brag about it. It doesn't make you special. I have a Nissan. Want me to brag about that?

Gringer1
August 31st, 2012, 02:38 PM

You can certainly be happy to have a team, but when you show irreverence for the programs that have already been there, done that, and done it better, people are going to get pissed off. Like I said, if your fans would admit you aren't any good right now and talk about your efforts at building something, people would leave you alone. When your guys talk about your very average runningback being a WP Award candidate and how you're already more prestigious than the programs with winning records, you don't endear yourselves to others. Show some respect for the people that have already built great programs and we will show respect for your efforts to build your own.

Tuscon
August 31st, 2012, 03:17 PM
You can certainly be happy to have a team, but when you show irreverence for the programs that have already been there, done that, and done it better, people are going to get pissed off. Like I said, if your fans would admit you aren't any good right now and talk about your efforts at building something, people would leave you alone. When your guys talk about your very average runningback being a WP Award candidate and how you're already more prestigious than the programs with winning records, you don't endear yourselves to others. Show some respect for the people that have already built great programs and we will show respect for your efforts to build your own.

Not everyone associated with our program is showing irreverence for the programs that have already been there. Sure, you have some that come around and act like that, but don't bash my school because a couple of internet message board posters come and say bad things about your school. I personally get sick of GS people because they act like I'm not allowed to have an opinion until my program starts winning meaningful games.

And to be fair, Donald Russell had 120 yards on 12 carries last night. That's a damn good game.

jmufan
August 31st, 2012, 03:27 PM
How true is it that SCST is considering dropping to D2 because of a budget shortfall? Yeap, here you go http://www.hbcudigest.com/facing-6-million-deficit-sc-state-considers-cuts-to-academics-move-to-div-ii-athletics/

Big Dawg
August 31st, 2012, 03:28 PM
The MEAC is 1-0 against the CAA this year *runs* LOL

Gordon Shumway
August 31st, 2012, 04:27 PM
The MEAC is 1-0 against the CAA this year *runs* LOL

Is Ga State even technically in the CAA this year?

Tuscon
August 31st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Is Ga State even technically in the CAA this year?

Pray to god we didn't paint the CAA logo on our field if we're not. It seems like people are a little confused as to where we stand right now. Rightfully so, it's confusing. My understanding is that we are FCS Transitional in the CAA for the sports that the Sun Belt couldn't accommodate. Next year we will be FBS transitional in the Sun Belt. Both years we are ineligible for titles in either conference and the NCAA.

Weird thing about last night is Hubbard actually broke the single game punting average in the FCS and FBS, but due to our status, it's not an official record. He averaged 62.2 yards over 5 kicks.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
What's frustrating to me is that clearly App. State and GSU are ready to compete and win Sun Belt championships (BTW, the SBC dropped another game to an SLC team) yet for some reason they would rather have G State and Texas State. Why?

Tuscon
August 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM
What's frustrating to me is that clearly App. State and GSU are ready to compete and win Sun Belt championships (BTW, the SBC dropped another game to an SLC team) yet for some reason they would rather have G State and Texas State. Why?

Based on your screen name I would assume you were in the group of people that are content to stay in the FCS, right? So what's it matter?

I do have an answer though, and no one here likes it, but it's that we are in a top 10 market. I think they also took Texas State in order to keep a foot in the door in Texas. When and if we can get our **** together, our program has tremendous upside. It's a big if, but I feel like the powers that be have decided they'd rather take chances on unproven teams that have more POTENTIAL eyeballs than to bother getting teams that are performing on the field now. Plus, as you all know, winning in the FCS does not translate to success in the FBS. Just look at Western Kentucky.

Friend of Pounce
August 31st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hi all! I decided to check out AGS today to see what nice things y'all were saying about us. I predicted the thread to go like this:

1. Someone posts that we lost. Badly.
2. There is much rejoicing.
3. There is much jerking each other off in celebration of not being us.
4. Tuscon comes on and says reasonable things.
5. It doesn't make a difference because man our fans are jerks and who do we think we are and we're all the same and why should be support GSU if we haven't even established ourselves as a good football program even though there are many of us who simply love our school and are proud of who we are as an institution but what does that matter the sun belt made a mistake.

Guess I was pretty much right. Glad to see the hate is still going strong. Won't stop me from Bleeding Blue.

Cue the "Shut up until you accomplish something on the field" reactions now.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Based on your screen name I would assume you were in the group of people that are content to stay in the FCS, right? So what's it matter?

I do have an answer though, and no one here likes it, but it's that we are in a top 10 market. I think they also took Texas State in order to keep a foot in the door in Texas. When and if we can get our **** together, our program has tremendous upside. It's a big if, but I feel like the powers that be have decided they'd rather take chances on unproven teams that have more POTENTIAL eyeballs than to bother getting teams that are performing on the field now. Plus, as you all know, winning in the FCS does not translate to success in the FBS. Just look at Western Kentucky.

1) I like playing in the FCS. There are many things I'd miss about the FCS if we moved up. But I also don't like watching teams Southern could maul play on ESPN while our semifinal game is only on the internet or premium sports channels.

2) WKU was the clear number 2 team in the SBC and very nearly beat Ark. State to win the title. And their success in FCS was actually pretty sporadic ... not as consistent as Southern's and App's.

cbarrier90
August 31st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hi all! I decided to check out AGS today to see what nice things y'all were saying about us. I predicted the thread to go like this:

1. Someone posts that we lost. Badly.
2. There is much rejoicing.
3. There is much jerking each other off in celebration of not being us.
4. Tuscon comes on and says reasonable things.
5. It doesn't make a difference because man our fans are jerks and who do we think we are and we're all the same and why should be support GSU if we haven't even established ourselves as a good football program even though there are many of us who simply love our school and are proud of who we are as an institution but what does that matter the sun belt made a mistake.

Guess I was pretty much right. Glad to see the hate is still going strong. Won't stop me from Bleeding Blue.

Cue the "Shut up until you accomplish something on the field" reactions now.

That's interesting. I actually checked this thread expecting Ga. State posters butthurt that FCS fans are mocking them for getting run off the field by an FCS opponent. Typically, their stance ends with "Oh yeah, well we're FBS and soon you'll be irrelevant, etc." which is hi-larious coming from a team that has been irrelevant for virtually its entire existence.

Lucky for you guys, you can still catch some halfway decent college football as NC State and Tennessee battle it out on "your" home field, followed by Clemson and Auburn. Heck, you could even scout for that beatdown you want to give GSU so badly by watching Paul Johnson's TO over at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

The possibilities are endless!

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:45 PM

I think you know the answer and it may not sit well with you. The simple answer is TV sets in close proximity to those programs.

Now fact of the matter may be that more TV sets are tuned into GA Southern and App St games than will be tuned into GA St and TX St games.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:47 PM
1) I like playing in the FCS. There are many things I'd miss about the FCS if we moved up. But I also don't like watching teams Southern could maul play on ESPN while our semifinal game is only on the internet or premium sports channels.

2) WKU was the clear number 2 team in the SBC and very nearly beat Ark. State to win the title. And their success in FCS was actually pretty sporadic ... not as consistent as Southern's and App's.

And here's just the darn truth of it: how good the team is actually doesn't matter in terms of how many people will watch on TV. I know, makes zero sense. But that's not how it works.

The TV execs don't really care if your team is any good. They care about how much money they can make by having your game broadcast. And right now, the *potential* revenue for GA St games on TV is much higher than GA Southern games. At least, I deduce that by the fact that GA St was invited and GA Southern wasn't.

SpeedkingATL
August 31st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Give SC State a little credit. It's a program that has earned some respect the last few years and it will be a damn shame if they have to drop down a division because of finances. I am a little surprised that Ga State is still so bad in year 3 considering all the talent in the Atlanta area.

CID1990
August 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM
In the past there were a lot of GaSt fans in here talking trash, do nobody should be surprised that they are taking a message board beating. Blaming jealousy is just lazy. Most FCS schools have not, nor will ever have the desire to move up into FBS. It is a cesspool of professional athletes posing as student athletes; money ruined it decades ago.

I love FCS football. That is why when I see a GaSt fan claiming that their time in FCS is just an "exhibition" before moving up on magical moonbeams right on the heels of an a$$ whooping by an FCS team that is middle of the road MEAC.... it makes me want to laugh my a$$ off and post smack. It is only natural.

Next up? UNCC fans, who are arguably worse than the GaSt fans could ever be. Consider this: they fully expect to be "elite" when compared to FCS teams once they start playing with those magical FBS scholly numbers. How's that working out for FAU at the moment? It is very simple: don't talk smack unless you are prepared to eat crow. It has nothing to do with whether it not someone wishes their team had the opportunity to move up, because despite what many people believe, moving up to FBS is not a widely held desire among most FCS schools.

CID1990
August 31st, 2012, 09:06 PM
Weird thing about last night is Hubbard actually broke the single game punting average in the FCS and FBS, but due to our status, it's not an official record. He averaged 62.2 yards over 5 kicks.

Awesome!

A "our punter had a great day" post!

eagle07
August 31st, 2012, 09:10 PM
33-6, good times good times......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2012, 09:18 PM
I think you know the answer and it may not sit well with you. The simple answer is TV sets in close proximity to those programs.

Now fact of the matter may be that more TV sets are tuned into GA Southern and App St games than will be tuned into GA St and TX St games.

Being in a big city does not mean you are going to have good attendance. IF that was what mattered Clemson would never fill their stadium.

Likewise, the Atlanta metro area has so many people from out of state, has Georgia Tech, and on top of that UGA pretty much monopolized the Georgia college football fandom in the state.

seantaylor
September 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
More people would watch Georgia Southern 100 times out of a 100 times than Georgia State. Market means nothing when the school in question has zero percent of that market.

Tuscon
September 1st, 2012, 01:38 AM
In the past there were a lot of GaSt fans in here talking trash, do nobody should be surprised that they are taking a message board beating. Blaming jealousy is just lazy. Most FCS schools have not, nor will ever have the desire to move up into FBS. It is a cesspool of professional athletes posing as student athletes; money ruined it decades ago.

I love FCS football. That is why when I see a GaSt fan claiming that their time in FCS is just an "exhibition" before moving up on magical moonbeams right on the heels of an a$$ whooping by an FCS team that is middle of the road MEAC.... it makes me want to laugh my a$$ off and post smack. It is only natural.

Next up? UNCC fans, who are arguably worse than the GaSt fans could ever be. Consider this: they fully expect to be "elite" when compared to FCS teams once they start playing with those magical FBS scholly numbers. How's that working out for FAU at the moment? It is very simple: don't talk smack unless you are prepared to eat crow. It has nothing to do with whether it not someone wishes their team had the opportunity to move up, because despite what many people believe, moving up to FBS is not a widely held desire among most FCS schools.
We claim the FCS as an exhibition because we've never been nor will we ever be eligible to win ANY FCS postseason titles. That's why you're seeing that word thrown around.

More people would watch Georgia Southern 100 times out of a 100 times than Georgia State. Market means nothing when the school in question has zero percent of that market.

That's a ridiculous statement. 19k folks turned out to watch our home game. I know SC State brought a boatload of folks in, but I can disprove your point by saying I'd rather watch Georgia State than GS. Next time, try to provide meaningful content to the conversation at hand.

seantaylor
September 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
We claim the FCS as an exhibition because we've never been nor will we ever be eligible to win ANY FCS postseason titles. That's why you're seeing that word thrown around.

That's a ridiculous statement. 19k folks turned out to watch our home game. I know SC State brought a boatload of folks in, but I can disprove your point by saying I'd rather watch Georgia State than GS. Next time, try to provide meaningful content to the conversation at hand.

You reported 19K. Everyone knows there was nowhere near 19K in that building.

penguinpower
September 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM

Looks like there is a little bit of in state rivalry here too.

It can take decades to build tradition where winning championships is expected by the fan base. Once those expectations are out there the university AD and FB coaches are under high pressure to win. Fans do want to see anything but championship caliber. When you said the Ga State FB program has been around for 3 years and you expect to win, I would say that you should be pleased if you are competitive. I am sure that GA State does not have a fan base like GA Southern, App State, NDSU or Y-town State. These schools have built their programs to a point where their fans expect winning. (I mention NDSU because they were a D2 powerhouse even though they have only been in the FCS for a short time.) Their fans know what a championship team looks like.....and Yes there is a certain look. I know what it looks like, but it is difficult to spot the differences between a great team and a championship team and it is only noticeable when your team is winning IMOP.

Doesn't sound like GA State has the talent or the coaching staff to make noise because of how they lost. It will take a lot to fix how they lost. The lack of tradition could hurt you during your transition. Growing up in Ohio there were only 3 schools that could legitimately compete for championships: Ohio State, Youngstown State, and Mount Union (D3). Teams like Kent State and Akron have no tradition and no fan base, however they have had FB programs for many years. They stopped scheduling games against us because we would go into their place and beat them. Now they need to average 15,000 per game and they want to schedule us again to get the fans because our fans will travel there and bump the attendance. They were so concerned that we would out-recruit them that they voted us out of the D1 transition and took Buffalo and Marshall instead of us in 1997. I am happy that we stayed at the FCS level. The only successful school to leave the FCS was Boise in my opinion. They had a plan and they have the $$$. GA State will be competing for $$$ against GA Tech in Atlanta. IF GA Tech can't sell out then why would GA State sell out? I think moving up for you guys is a mistake.

blueballs
September 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM
Just to put this whole pissing match in perspective:

In its third year in FCS Georgia State has their punter to be proud of.

In its third year in FCS (1-AA) Georgia Southern had their first national championship to be proud of.... that is until the end of that season when they had their second title to go along with it.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
now I admit I have not read the entire thread... but congrats to the 1 GSU fan that had the cajones to show up here

JazzyBulldog05
September 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM
How true is it that SCST is considering dropping to D2 because of a budget shortfall? Yeap, here you go http://www.hbcudigest.com/facing-6-million-deficit-sc-state-considers-cuts-to-academics-move-to-div-ii-athletics/

SC State will NOT be going to D2. That was an option brought up by a board member, but it will not be happening anytime soon

SpeedkingATL
September 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
SC State will NOT be going to D2. That was an option brought up by a board member, but it will not be happening anytime soon

I hope you're correct. Congrats on a nice victory against GaState.

UNHFan
September 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hows that "Moving Up" thing going!

GoldandBlack
September 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Interesting discussion- observations:

1. SC State has a solid program with an established coaching staff- no real surprise they won here.
2. I saw Ga. State play Jacksonville State last year, and watched part of the loss to SC State- what
jumped out at me in both cases was sloppy play. Not what I expected from a Bill Curry team. No
idea what the problem is there.
3. While winning in the FCS doesn't necessarily translate to success in the FBS, losing definitely doesn't.

kdinva
September 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
SC State will NOT be going to D2. That was an option brought up by a board member.....

maybe S C St. can "trade" that Board Member to Emory Univ........ ;) or any D-2 or D-3 School.

MplsBison
September 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
Being in a big city does not mean you are going to have good attendance. IF that was what mattered Clemson would never fill their stadium.

Likewise, the Atlanta metro area has so many people from out of state, has Georgia Tech, and on top of that UGA pretty much monopolized the Georgia college football fandom in the state.

Well first of all, I'm pretty sure I was talking about TV - not stadium attendance.

But nonetheless, you're absolutely right. Both in general and for the specific situation in Atlanta.

Yet it still happened...

MplsBison
September 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM

Of course.

But that's now these people think about it. The people who negotiate new TV contracts always think like "well if GA St is a winner, then maybe they'll capture 20% of ATL and that's worth ____ dollars and blah blah blah".

That obviously must be the way it is, simply given the fact that GA St was selected and GA Southern was not. I'm mean surely, if attendance, product on the field and tradition were what mattered then anyone can see GA Southern is head and shoulders above GA State.

ejjones
September 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
SC State: middle of the road MEAC? Hmmm, don't think so. However, the jury is still out on our offense. If the QB & OC get it together we have potential to be solid. Young and a lot of weapons. Score really didn't do any justice as we threw some ill-advised interceptions.

Big game next week (Bethune Cookman)...tune in tape delayed on ESPN.

JazzyBulldog05
September 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
maybe S C St. can "trade" that Board Member to Emory Univ........ ;) or any D-2 or D-3 School.

Lol i'd be fine with that

superman7515
September 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
http://th988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/eroula24/th_chihuahua-humping-pink-panther-plush-toy.gif

FormerPokeCenter
September 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Ya know, this thread positively SCREAMED for me to come post here, for obvious reasons....but...really, after reading through 10 pages, my work here is done without even venturing an opinion!

And by the way, Lambuth did NOT suck. They were awesome! 645 total students and the bludgeoned a powerhouse like Georgia State. That, my friends, takes moxie!

TheRevSFA
September 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
When is Lambuth joining the Sun Belt?

Tribal
September 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hey! I still post over here every now and again. Tribal, you chose to ignore it when I called out your prediction.

No, I responded to you "calling me out" on the correct thread (CAA week 1) and then you responded to it. Remember?

superman7515
September 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
The real question is, is it black people's fault that Georgia State has low attendance?

Panther Talk - Uncomfortable Question (http://www.panthertalk.com/community/threads/uncomfortable-question.6013/)

Do you think we struggle with attendance due to our large minority alumni and student body?

If you look around college football, the stadiums that have packed houses seem to be predominately white.

I'm not trying to be racist, controversial, or any of the above but is it somewhat correlated? And please don't bring up an HBCU, no HBCU puts 90k in the seats.

Cultural diversity makes GSU great and I'm proud of it but I think will hurt in athletic support.

Never mind the fact the largest attended FCS games every year are majority "black" schools and that just this week 2 of the top 4 FCS games and 5 of the top 15 were HBCU's. Clearly, black people don't understand football, and will continue to hold back Georgia State athletics.

Tribal
September 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
GA State should be better and it has nothing to do with their media market. They're in a college football recruiting hotbed and they have the financial resources but they've had issues with keeping players on the team and they can't seem to spur alumni interest. They've spent 3 years bragging about playing in the Georgia Dome but they've recently realized that the dome actually makes their gameday experience seem lame. It's risen--or declined--to the point where panthers fans are asking if they can be uninvited. Their "all-world" coach took the decision to leave the minute his contract expired but that's probably a good thing for the panthers. Basically, everything they touted for three years is now meaningless but they'll get a fresh start in a poor FBS conference. It's really what's best for all concerned parties and I'll be glad when they're gone. Tuscon should not be compared to every other GA State poster and I've yet to read a post where I found him unreasonable. I predicted that they would win 5 games this season and I expected SCSU to be one of them. I thought the game would be close (OT) and expected the panthers to rally late...maybe a 3 point difference in the game either way. What I didn't expect is that their RB (who I think ran for a bunch of yards against the Bulldogs last year) would be the only player to account for any offense. If they fall to UTSA, it will be a long year but I still see them beating a couple of CAA teams. Not because they should.

You won't find many GA State fans here because they enjoy the protection afforded them at Panther Talk...where any dissenting opinion, especially by an outsider, quickly leads to a ban. They actually refer to Panther04 as "not a GSU fan" because his posts don't jive with theirs. We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't.

Tribal
September 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
The real question is, is it black people's fault that Georgia State has low attendance?

Panther Talk - Uncomfortable Question (http://www.panthertalk.com/community/threads/uncomfortable-question.6013/)

Never mind the fact the largest attended FCS games every year are majority "black" schools and that just this week 2 of the top 4 FCS games and 5 of the top 15 were HBCU's. Clearly, black people don't understand football, and will continue to hold back Georgia State athletics.

General Lee would be proud.

UNH Fanboi
September 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM

Statements preceded by the phrase "I'm not being racist, but..." or a variation thereof always end up being racist.

seantaylor
September 3rd, 2012, 11:32 PM
I still have no idea why anyone would brag to play in the Georgia Dome. Worst pro facility I've ever visited in any sport.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 4th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Can't wait until Georgia State comes to Harrisonburg and gets to see how a real 4-2-5 defense is run. Gonna be U-G-L-Y!!

UNHWildCats
September 4th, 2012, 03:15 AM
lol

813Jag
September 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
When is Lambuth joining the Sun Belt?
Sadly Lambuth is no longer with us..........

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Sadly Lambuth is no longer with us..........

That was the Jo....eh nevemind

Tribe4SF
September 4th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Georgia State will have new hope when Curry leaves after this season. Very nice man, but this team has been characterized by underachievement, sloppy play, and off field issues. Player development seems to be lacking. All these shortcomings rest in the head coaches office. Maybe they'll turn it around this season, but the third year looks to be establishing clear patterns.

Humble Steward
September 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
SC State: middle of the road MEAC? Hmmm, don't think so. However, the jury is still out on our offense. If the QB & OC get it together we have potential to be solid. Young and a lot of weapons. Score really didn't do any justice as we threw some ill-advised interceptions.

Big game next week (Bethune Cookman)...tune in tape delayed on ESPN.

We know for sure that SCSU is not a middle of the road team in the MEAC. Not looking forward to traveling to Orangeburg on a short week. I hope my Wildcats are ready. We definitely can not spot South Carolina St. a 21 point lead like we did Alabama St. I will be watching this game on ESPN3 live at 6 PM. This is going to be another good one.

Laker
September 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM

05, Do you think this story is an attempt to get boosters to donate more money? I see that they cut some sports and need to make up six million bucks.

WileECoyote06
September 4th, 2012, 08:47 AM
http://th988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/eroula24/th_chihuahua-humping-pink-panther-plush-toy.gif

Man what the hell? LMAO

WileECoyote06
September 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM

I think I could rock with this controversial topic had he included something about females. Black females tend to enjoy basketball more than football, in my humble opinion. But hey, I'm just adding a sexist comment to the cluelessly racist comment. *shrug*

JazzyBulldog05
September 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
05, Do you think this story is an attempt to get boosters to donate more money? I see that they cut some sports and need to make up six million bucks.

I would like to say yes, but I don't think the board member thought about that when this was brought up. A lot of our $$$ issues are with this incompetent board, but this is a sports forum so I'll leave it at that. Just know that if ANY changes are made to our athletics, it will happen within the Division 1-aa world

813Jag
September 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
That was the Jo....eh nevemind

I got it, I made the Lambuth joke a few pages back xlolx

Laker
September 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I would like to say yes, but I don't think the board member thought about that when this was brought up. A lot of our $$$ issues are with this incompetent board, but this is a sports forum so I'll leave it at that. Just know that if ANY changes are made to our athletics, it will happen within the Division 1-aa world

xthumbsupx Understood. And congrats on the win.

realgsu
September 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM

In its third year in FCS (1-AA) Georgia Southern had their first national championship to be proud of.... that is until the end of that season when they had their second title to go along with it.

Hey am I supposed to be impressed with a division of football where a team with no black athletes like NDSt can win a national championship? FCS is the bizarro world of sports where teams with 240 lb o linemen can win national championships, where the best running back in its history (Peterson)can barely make the 3rd string on a Bad Chicago Bears team. Where a Jax St team can beat an SEC team one week, then the next have to go overtime against us, playing our 3rd game ever. Hell even FAMU has an FCS title. You all can clown us all you want for our growing pains but the truth is that I am happy to be out of that silly *** faux Div 1.

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hey am I supposed to be impressed with a division of football where a team with no black athletes like NDSt can win a national championship? FCS is the bizarro world of sports where teams with 240 lb o linemen can win national championships, where the best running back in its history (Peterson)can barely make the 3rd string on a Bad Chicago Bears team. Where a Jax St team can beat an SEC team one week, then the next have to go overtime against us, playing our 3rd game ever. Hell even FAMU has an FCS title. You all can clown us all you want for our growing pains but the truth is that I am happy to be out of that silly *** faux Div 1.

And the FCS level teams are happy to spank that *** like Ga State was a two dollar hooker.

Schedule SFA. We could always use the win.

TheEagleWay
September 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Growing pains is being used way to much. This indicates you are growing. Growing where and how?

Peterson's issue was not his ability, he got over 100 yards his first start(when 1st & 2nd string were injured). I believe his severe speech impediment is what really held him back. You might laugh at that, but RB's in the NFL are very public figures for a team.

JazzyBulldog05
September 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM

No you're not, you're supposed to be impressed when a sorry FCS team from the lowly, sorry MEAC can go to your home, have its will with what you call a football team, take over your stadium, and beat you like you owed something. That's when you can be impressed. Hope you enjoyed your parting gift, and have fun being the low level w#ore of the FBS. Make sure you take some lubricant so it wont hurt as bad

FormerPokeCenter
September 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
"beat you like you owed something".....

I love that phrase....I don't care who you are, that phrase right there begs for reputation points....

WileECoyote06
September 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Which is one more national title than Georgia State will ever claim at football.

dbackjon
September 4th, 2012, 06:52 PM

So you are saying that a team without blacks can't be any good?

Ever been to North Dakota? Not a lot of black high school athletes to recruit from.

Enjoy the cellar of a conference that is the worst in I-A

Tribal
September 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Curious about the part about the best FCS running back not panning out in the NFL. I'll start (you guys add on) a list of 1-AA/FCS athletes (or lower divisions) that never did much in the NFL:

Terrell Owens
Darren Sharper
Tony Romo
Brian Westbrook
Jerry Rice
London Fletcher
Walter Payton (so much for your best 1-AA/FCS running back argument)
Darryl Green
"Mean" Joe Greene
Andre Reed
John Randle
Charles Haley

slycat
September 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Your President said you're aren't ready.

GSU1-A
September 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Man what the hell? LMAO

Looks like Smokey's play toy - A pink Panther LOL

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Curious about the part about the best FCS running back not panning out in the NFL. I'll start (you guys add on) a list of 1-AA/FCS athletes (or lower divisions) that never did much in the NFL:

Terrell Owens
Darren Sharper
Tony Romo
Brian Westbrook
Jerry Rice
London Fletcher
Darryl Green
"Mean" Joe Greene
Andre Reed
John Randle
Charles Haley

Larry Centers
Jeremiah Trotter....

813Jag
September 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM
So you are saying that a team without blacks can't be any good?

Ever been to North Dakota? Not a lot of black high school athletes to recruit from.

Enjoy the cellar of a conference that is the worst in I-A
but if they ever get good enough they can play in the New Orleans Bowl xlolx

SpeedkingATL
September 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Terrell Owens
Darren Sharper
Tony Romo
Brian Westbrook
Jerry Rice
London Fletcher
Darryl Green
"Mean" Joe Greene
Andre Reed
John Randle
Charles Haley

Add Dexter Coakley

eaglesrback
September 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Betcha SCSU makes the playoffs before Ga.St goes to a bowl......

Apphole
September 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Larry Centers
Jeremiah Trotter....

Joe Flacco
Dexter Coakley....

eaglesrback
September 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This pretty much sums it up sports fans.
It's gonna be a weak stream of an argument from the Ga.St. folks......................

superman7515
September 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM

I was defending SCSU, so why would I take that bet?

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joe Flacco
Dexter Coakley....

Kurt Warner

Tuscon
September 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM

SCSU is going to make the playoffs this year.... They made a lot of mistakes on Saturday, but that's a solid football team. You guys can all trash talk all you want. Georgia State fans know that was a piss poor showing. We have to hope that beatdown was a wakeup call to the guys and they can bounce back against UTSA, another team that doesn't seem to be very consistent at this point.

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
SCSU is going to make the playoffs this year.... They made a lot of mistakes on Saturday, but that's a solid football team. You guys can all trash talk all you want. Georgia State fans know that was a piss poor showing. We have to hope that beatdown was a wakeup call to the guys and they can bounce back against UTSA, another team that doesn't seem to be very consistent at this point.

You dont need to tell us that. FCS fans know that.

People are trash talking Ga St, because, like when I predicted on the SB board that Ga St had a very large possibility of going winless, and would at best escape with 2 wins, we got attacked for Ga St bashing. It was a very fair assessment, but the majority of Ga St fans have no idea what kind of competition they are up against, and have failed to show the proper respect to the programs on their schedule, and at the FCS level. Your fans, and not all of them, brought it on themselves.

BluBengal07
September 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM

good luck on that. UTSA did put up a good fight with USA to be such a young program, 2nd year i believe. i see a bounce back, but a win.... we'll see.

Tuscon
September 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
You dont need to tell us that. FCS fans know that.

People are trash talking Ga St, because, like when I predicted on the SB board that Ga St had a very large possibility of going winless, and would at best escape with 2 wins, we got attacked for Ga St bashing. It was a very fair assessment, but the majority of Ga St fans have no idea what kind of competition they are up against, and have failed to show the proper respect to the programs on their schedule, and at the FCS level. Your fans, and not all of them, brought it on themselves.

That's not accurate at all. We have been saying since well before this season that it's going to be rough. I think half our schedule is in the Top 25. You get attacked for Georgia State bashing because that's what most of you do. Go back and look at this thread if you need help understanding.

good luck on that. UTSA did put up a good fight with USA to be such a young program, 2nd year i believe. i see a bounce back, but a win.... we'll see.

If there's one thing I've learned about my team over the first 2 years, is we are not consistent in any form or fashion. We'll be seeing a completely different team every frakin week. Last year we beat USA and barely lost to UTSA. USA beat UTSA in the same season. Just like the site says, Any Given Saturday.

JazzyBulldog05
September 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
That's not accurate at all. We have been saying since well before this season that it's going to be rough. I think half our schedule is in the Top 25. You get attacked for Georgia State bashing because that's what most of you do. Go back and look at this thread if you need help understanding.

If there's one thing I've learned about my team over the first 2 years, is we are not consistent in any form or fashion. We'll be seeing a completely different team every frakin week. Last year we beat USA and barely lost to UTSA. USA beat UTSA in the same season. Just like the site says, Any Given Saturday.

I looked at you guys' fan site before the SCSU game, and about 95% were confident that you guys were going to easily defeat us. Many posters on there had y'all winning by at least 10 points. Heck, someone even said that nothing had changed in Oburg while a lot had changed in Atown. That's your board.

Where I post regularly, over on MEacFansZone (which y'all are free to join us lol), the lone GaSt poster was bashing our team, our conference, and the FCS constantly before gameday. He has not been heard from since the debacle your team put up at the dome. So yeah, expect a lot of trash talking from us FCS-ers when the lowly team (as some of your folks called us) from the sorry MEAC put a beating on y'all

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I looked at you guys' fan site before the SCSU game, and about 95% were confident that you guys were going to easily defeat us. Many posters on there had y'all winning by at least 10 points. Heck, someone even said that nothing had changed in Oburg while a lot had changed in Atown. That's your board.

Where I post regularly, over on MEacFansZone (which y'all are free to join us lol), the lone GaSt poster was bashing our team, our conference, and the FCS constantly before gameday. He has not been heard from since the debacle your team put up at the dome. So yeah, expect a lot of trash talking from us FCS-ers when the lowly team (as some of your folks called us) from the sorry MEAC put a beating on y'all

Any delusional fake-GSU fan, which has been dwindling with the rise of other delusional fan bases, is usually pretty easy to shut up. Just mention Lambuth and they slither away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambuth_University

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM

It is accurate. Since Ga St ANNOUNCED a football team, Ga St fans have been running their mouths, and disrespecting other programs. After the SB invite, they did it again. Thats why no one cares for Ga St. As soon as Ga St started football, their fans have been writing checks their team cant cash.

First it was Ga St is in talent rich Atlanta, they'll dominate quickly. Still waiting. Then, we play in the Ga Dome, our stadium is one of the best! Despite being 75% empty, and now Ga St fans complain $20 tickets are too high. Then after the invite, it was, oh we're going to get all these FBS transfers, and dominate, and we're better because we got an invite! Well no, you've got an invite in hand and suck as bad as ever, if not more.

JazzyBulldog05
September 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Any delusional fake-GSU fan, which has been dwindling with the rise of other delusional fan bases, is usually pretty easy to shut up. Just mention Lambuth and they slither away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambuth_University

By GSU, do you mean Georgia Southern or Grambling State? I refuse to give GaSt those initials

CID1990
September 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
It is accurate. Since Ga St ANNOUNCED a football team, Ga St fans have been running their mouths, and disrespecting other programs. After the SB invite, they did it again. Thats why no one cares for Ga St. As soon as Ga St started football, their fans have been writing checks their team cant cash.

First it was Ga St is in talent rich Atlanta, they'll dominate quickly. Still waiting. Then, we play in the Ga Dome, our stadium is one of the best! Despite being 75% empty, and now Ga St fans complain $20 tickets are too high. Then after the invite, it was, oh we're going to get all these FBS transfers, and dominate, and we're better because we got an invite! Well no, you've got an invite in hand and suck as bad as ever, if not more.

Hey, at least they have a team, I guess. Charlotte hasn't played a snap and their fans are identical if not worse.

eaglesrback
September 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
By GSU, do you mean Georgia Southern or Grambling State? I refuse to give GaSt those initials

"Any delusional fake-GSU" (Georgia State)

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
"Any delusional fake-GSU" (Georgia State)

Correct. The "real-GSU" would be a reference to Georgia Southern. No disrespect intended towards Grambling.

Tuscon
September 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Of course we had us winning, we barely lost last year and were on a preseason high. Most of the posts I saw were not by 10 points though. It was generally less than that. We have our share of delusional fans though(Some are saying we score multiple touchdowns against UT-K).

Which fan was it? Just curious.

There was no reason not to be optimistic about our team. It's only been two seasons and a lot of that stuff we bragged about SHOULD be true. Somehow or another, our coaches and Athletic Department don't seem to be getting it done. Not everyone has been running their mouths or disrespecting other programs, but we do expect our team to be in a much different place. The other thing to note is that Georgia Southern fans have basically been bashing our program since the beginning causing some Georgia State fans to become hostile.

JazzyBulldog05
September 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Correct.

Overlooked that part xthumbsupx

Tuscon
September 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Why is that? It's an acronym.... Grambling State University - GSU, Georgia Southern University - GSU, Georgia State University - GSU. Have trouble spelling?

JazzyBulldog05
September 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Of course we had us winning, we barely lost last year and were on a preseason high. Most of the posts I saw were not by 10 points though. It was generally less than that. We have our share of delusional fans though(Some are saying we score multiple touchdowns against UT-K).

Which fan was it? Just curious.

Understood.

Fan on our site or your site?

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hey, at least they have a team, I guess. Charlotte hasn't played a snap and their fans are identical if not worse.

True that.

Its not even so much about Ga St's football program. Its their fans. Its no coincidence that no one cares for Ga St's fans. Theres alot of respect between most FCS fans, even fierce rivals, but not with them.

Apphole
September 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
True that.

Its not even so much about Ga St's football program. Its their fans. Its no coincidence that no one cares for Ga St's fans. Theres alot of respect between most FCS fans, even fierce rivals, but not with them.

Two words: Entitlement and ignorance

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
The other thing to note is that Georgia Southern fans have basically been bashing our program since the beginning causing some Georgia State fans to become hostile.

I never posted ill of Georgia State until hostilities began here and on our board. I'd never even heard of your board until we were flooded with people talking **** to us.

I'm not sure who started it, but the attitude still persists, no matter how much I've tried to be reasonable. There are a few Ga State fans who see the truth and are willing to admit it. There are also some who are respectful of who we are and what we've accomplished as well as respectful of the rest of the FCS world.

There's a lot of talk that has to be balanced. So all you're really going to get from me going forward is troll mode, except for the people who come on here or in any conversation are reasonable and carry on good conversation. I will refrain from being a jackass to you since you're manning up and taking what everyone is dishing out, but that list has very few Ga State fans on it.

JazzyBulldog05
September 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Why is that? It's an acronym.... Grambling State University - GSU, Georgia Southern University - GSU, Georgia State University - GSU. Have trouble spelling?

Not as bad as you guys have trouble winning xpeacex

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
There was no reason not to be optimistic about our team. It's only been two seasons and a lot of that stuff we bragged about SHOULD be true. Somehow or another, our coaches and Athletic Department don't seem to be getting it done. Not everyone has been running their mouths or disrespecting other programs, but we do expect our team to be in a much different place. The other thing to note is that Georgia Southern fans have basically been bashing our program since the beginning causing some Georgia State fans to become hostile.

There is a difference between optimism and arrogance. Optimism doesnt go forth and down other programs, which your fans have perfected, as evident by all the testimonials.

And no, that stuff SHOULDNT be true. That remark illustrates just ow out of touch your fan base is. Even at the FCS level, you dont build an above average program in 2 years, and you certainly dont do it by beating up on the Campbell Camels and Lambuths of the world, oh wait...

And before you claim it, ODU is an anomaly, not the standard.

Apphole
September 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
There is a difference between optimism and arrogance. Optimism doesnt go forth and down other programs, which your fans have perfected, as evident by all the testimonials.

And no, that stuff SHOULDNT be true. That remark illustrates just ow out of touch your fan base is. Even at the FCS level, you dont build an above average program in 2 years, and you certainly dont do it by beating up on the Campbell Camels and Lambuths of the world, oh wait...

And before you claim it, ODU is an anomaly, not the standard.

And ODU fans didn't condescend to JMU in GaSt/UNCC fashion. Coincidence?.....

superman7515
September 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Of course we had us winning, we barely lost last year and were on a preseason high. Most of the posts I saw were not by 10 points though. It was generally less than that.

DJlaysitup = 41-18 Georgia State
GaStateChris = 31-14 Georgia State
GSUtimes2 = 38-13 Georgia State
rawdawgGSU = 27-17 Georgia State
BSCSc05 = 31-13 Georgia State
J-WallGSU = 28-17 Georgia State
GSUPanther96 = 24-7 Georgia State
GSU is in Atlanta = 31-17 Georgia State (side note: It's humorous to me he feels the need to tell people where the school is.
LexWasp = 30-20 Georgia State
sinematiks = 34-14 Georgia State
PantherCJ = 27-17 Georgia State
GO PANTHERS = 31-10 Georgia State
dGSU = 31-21 Georgia State

I stopped typing them at the end of page 2 but it continues, it's over half the predictions by GaSt fans. If you didn't see them, you didn't look.

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM

I think not.

I get a kick out of Panama on the SB board.

He posts all these GSU threads, that nobody responds to or cares about, the mods in response post a thread asking for all threads about specific schools that the conference as a whole wouldnt care about, to be posted on their specific school's board, and this was like 2 months ago, and yet still today, he's still posting that BS.

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I stopped typing them at the end of page 2 but it continues, it's over half the predictions by GaSt fans. If you didn't see them, you didn't look.

Nice job illustrating the point.

TheEagleWay
September 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I think not.

He posts all these GSU threads, that nobody responds to or cares about, the mods in response post a thread asking for all threads about specific schools that the conference as a whole wouldnt care about, to be posted on their specific scool's board, and this was like 2 months ago, and yet still today, he's still posting that BS.

I have noticed that as well.

Most of those get torpedoed by one of our fans and sent to smack, some of which is obvious trolling.

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I have noticed that as well.

Most of those get torpedoed by one of our fans and sent to smack, some of which is obvious trolling.

Which I honestly wish would stop, both on the Sun Belt board and on their board. It's beyond the point of being ridiculous, now it just looks dumb and childish.

Apphole
September 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I think not.

He posts all these GSU threads, that nobody responds to or cares about, the mods in response post a thread asking for all threads about specific schools that the conference as a whole wouldnt care about, to be posted on their specific school's board, and this was like 2 months ago, and yet still today, he's still posting that BS.

He's the 49erfootballnow of GaSt. The similarities between the two schools is alarming.

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
He's the 49erfootballnow of GaSt. The similarities between the two schools is alarming.

At least the SB guys have better sense than to make him a mod.

Tuscon
September 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
panama is a good guy and he cares a lot about football and Georgia State. Hell of a fan and person. The funny thing is, he's a bad example of a person belittling FCS football. The guy watches ALL levels of football. There are a lot of reasons Georgia State doesn't fit at the FCS level though. One, we're part of the CAA, which goes all the way up to Maine. Two, our budget is already better than most Sun Belt teams.

Apphole
September 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
At least the SB guys have better sense than to make him a mod.

+1 But they had to pick somebody from UNCC. I guess he's sort of classy and knowledgeable compared to the rest of them.

GlassOnion
September 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
panama is a good guy and he cares a lot about football and Georgia State. Hell of a fan and person. The funny thing is, he's a bad example of a person belittling FCS football. The guy watches ALL levels of football. There are a lot of reasons Georgia State doesn't fit at the FCS level though. One, we're part of the CAA, which goes all the way up to Maine. Two, our budget is already better than most Sun Belt teams.

I didnt say Panama was one of those belittling FCS football.

Its like this:
Most football fans (FBS and FCS) are content to acknowledge Ga St exists, and let that be it. Ga St fans feel the need to bring up Ga State in relation to everything, yet have no real good basis to do it because A.) the team doesnt win, and B.) your program really has no distinguishing accomplishments to talk about. So, they either smack talk, attack and belittle, or in Panama's case, post crap that no one cares about. Alot of his posts dont even deal with football. Im sorry, but nobody cares if Ga State is repaving a sidewalk this week.

Eaglesrus
September 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Which I honestly wish would stop, both on the Sun Belt board and on their board. It's beyond the point of being ridiculous, now it just looks dumb and childish.

Totally agree!

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM

Terrell Owens
Darren Sharper
Tony Romo
Brian Westbrook
Jerry Rice
London Fletcher
Darryl Green
"Mean" Joe Greene
Andre Reed
John Randle
Charles Haley

Darryl Green "the NFL's fastest man" played at Texas A&I, which was and is Division II, not FCS...

superman7515
September 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Darryl Green "the NFL's fastest man" played at Texas A&I, which was and is Division II, not FCS...

So your saying it fits the "(or lower divisions)" part of his statement...

PaulsonStadium
September 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I like seeing GA State's jimmies being rustled.

Tribal
September 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
So your saying it fits the "(or lower divisions)" part of his statement...

Thank you.

Tucson, Panama has made it his life's mission to degrade FCS-level football. Geeze, how many times has he called it "pee wee football" or claimed that the FBS is "big boy football?" That said, no logical person would ever say that he lacks passion or that he doesn't thoroughly love football, particularly GA State football. Let's just leave it at that.

Appfan_in_CAAland
September 7th, 2012, 05:42 AM

In the grand insult committed by the CUSA and SBC this summer, where three of top FCS programs were passed over for bigger market startups from the same states, is it any suprise that the one fanbase that has not been condescending jerks is the one startup that has succeeded on the field?