PDA

View Full Version : Idaho and MTSU are the first two FBS scalps. Next!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Congrats to McNeese and Eastern Washington!

grayghost06
August 30th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Great win McNeese fans!!...I wasn't surprised though.

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2012, 11:21 PM
There's also Georgia State if you want to count transitionals.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 30th, 2012, 11:23 PM

I don't think GA State has started adding additional scholarships yet, but I might be wrong on that one.

NDSUstudent
August 30th, 2012, 11:36 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=205&f=2664&t=9284474

taking it well

I-16Bandit
August 30th, 2012, 11:37 PM

They won't be an upset for many years.

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I don't think GA State has started adding additional scholarships yet, but I might be wrong on that one.

From what I read, GSU is considered an FBS transitional this year while ODU won't be one until next year.

The CAA decided to punish them both anyway, but I believe ODU is still playoff-eligible while GSU is not.

T-Dog
August 30th, 2012, 11:50 PM
From what I read, GSU is considered an FBS transitional this year while ODU won't be one until next year.

The CAA decided to punish them both anyway, but I believe ODU is still playoff-eligible while GSU is not.

Correct. CAA policy is that an outgoing program is ineligible for any conference titles and they decided to stick with it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Nice wins but nothing really of note. I don't see FCS finishing with more than 6 or 7 scalps.

bonarae
August 31st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Nice wins but nothing really of note. I don't see FCS finishing with more than 6 or 7 scalps.

This week or the entire season? In the future years and beyond, this might be going to be true, or even less than that number may happen. xsmhx

grayghost06
August 31st, 2012, 12:04 AM
Nice win for EWU... Now in the future, you guys have no business lowering yourselves by playing only AT Idaho. Home & Home or no dice.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM
This week or the entire season? In the future years and beyond, this might be going to be true, or even less than that number may happen. xsmhx

Total

The disparity between the two divisions is much bigger than many on here want believe imo.

cbarrier90
August 31st, 2012, 12:16 AM

taking it well

The game thread is absolute gold.

Montana better polish off the Stein, although I don't think it will be in Moscow anytime soon.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Total

The disparity between the two divisions is much bigger than many on here want believe imo.

I don't know if anyone watched some or all of the game yesterday, but EWU was better than the Vandals in basically every aspect. Having said that, Idaho would struggle in any FCS league they might find themsleves in.

I think objectively Idaho and MTSU are two of the worst FBS programs this year, and this was known going in.

darell1976
August 31st, 2012, 07:41 AM
EWU just proved why Idaho should be in the Big Sky. Good win for the Eagles...very embarrassing for the Vandals.

813Jag
August 31st, 2012, 07:50 AM

xlolx xlolx

LeadBolt
August 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM
Congratulations to EWU & McNeese State! Way to go guys!

GGASU
August 31st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Total

The disparity between the bcs schools and DI-FCS is large. The disparity between the bcs schools and DI-Non bcs is large.

The disparity between the top three DI-FCS conferences and the DI- non bcs is tiny.

Catatonic
August 31st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Nice win. Congrats. Your first real test is up next vs mighty McMurry :D

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Nice win for EWU... Now in the future, you guys have no business lowering yourselves by playing only AT Idaho. Home & Home or no dice.

Why? Short trip, easy game, and pays like an FBS game.

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Here's to hoping SFA can knock off SMU

NDSU_grad
August 31st, 2012, 09:08 AM
The disparity between the bcs schools and DI-FCS is large. The disparity between the bcs schools and DI-Non bcs is large.

The disparity between the top three DI-FCS conferences and the DI- non bcs is tiny.

I would say the disparity between the upper half of DI BCS and FCS is large, the upper echelon FCS teams can hang with any team in the lower half of the BCS conferences.

GGASU
August 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
I would say the disparity between the upper half of DI BCS and FCS is large, the upper echelon FCS teams can hang with any team in the lower half of the BCS conferences.

I agree with that.

The main point that everyone seems to miss is that the FCS team is ALWAYS on the road against the bcs team. It is hard to win football games on the road in college football. For comparison I just looked at East Carolina on the road against bcs teams in the last 10 years. They are 1-18. This is a good non bcs team.

JMUNJ08
August 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
I agree with that.

The main point that everyone seems to miss is that the FCS team is ALWAYS on the road against the bcs team. It is hard to win football games on the road in college football. For comparison I just looked at East Carolina on the road against bcs teams in the last 10 years. They are 1-18. This is a good non bcs team.

Very good point. I was just reading JMU is about .750 winning % at home last 10 years but below .500 away. Maybe we can get those GSU world beaters in Atlanta to come to our places since we'll have more fans?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 09:41 AM

Pays like an FBS game, but doesn't play like one! Ask EWU! xlolx

Redbird Ray
August 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty confident my Redbirds can get another FBS scalp at Eastern Michigan next week.

AmsterBison
August 31st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Only thing that surprised me from the three FBS v FCS games was that Towson got beaten so handily. I thought they'd win.

On the other hand, the Tigers went -6 in turnovers so the score was closer than it would have been against a good FCS team.

BisonBacker
August 31st, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty confident my Redbirds can get another FBS scalp at Eastern Michigan next week.
I hope you are right Good Luck to you and get the "W"

UNDColorado
August 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Congrats to Mcneese St and EWU for the wins. Always love to see the "little" guys on top. Keep em coming FCS teams!

TTUEagles
August 31st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Anytime MTSUX loses, is good with me...thanks McNeese!

dgtw
August 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM

I wonder how much Idaho paid for this game. I doubt Idaho pays as much as a major BCS team does. Although the payoff is offset by the fact it is a very winnable game, along with transportation costs being much lower than when they play Montana.

Cocky
August 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM

The three should be six or seven. Last night Southland and Big Sky won, who is number 3 OVC, CAA, SOCON, MVC, or Patriot? SEMO almost beat a MAC team last night.

Hammerhead
August 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM
It's too bad McNeese state had to postpone their game at Oregon State due to hurricane Isaac. It sounds like they might try to play in December.

crossfire07
August 31st, 2012, 11:17 AM
McNeese did not cancel their game and they do not play Oregon State .

gotts
August 31st, 2012, 11:19 AM
It's too bad McNeese state had to postpone their game at Oregon State due to hurricane Isaac. It sounds like they might try to play in December.

Nicholls State...

Tribal
August 31st, 2012, 11:24 AM
UNI over SMU and UNH over Minn...bank on it (just not my bank).

Catbooster
August 31st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Congrats McNeese and Eastern - love seeing those FCS over FBS wins.

dbackjon
August 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM

This

The Sunbelt, MAC, WAC are just barely above the best of the FCS.

Sam_Kats
August 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM
...if at all

grayghost06
August 31st, 2012, 12:06 PM

No matter how bad an FBS team, an FCS will be at a disadvantage due to the scholarship differences and always playing on the road.

So why do FCS teams play these games? Exposure and money seem to me the main draws of such a game.
Idaho is widely considered FBS only in name...beating them does very little on a national scale. Sure, we here on the boards appreciated it- we follow FCS ball. I doubt it caused much of a stir elsewhere mainly because the rest of the country doesn't recognize Idaho as big boy football.

Our FBS teams go on the road to play these games because FBS teams draw more fans, allowing for a large payday for the visiting team. It wouldn't make sense to play at the small FCS stadium. While that may be the case most of the time, Idaho averages a very FCSesque 12,700 per game. They can't pay any more than an FCS team. EWU averaged 8900 (100% capacity) fans last year and could easily accomodate the extra fans for an Idaho game with temporary bleachers. Or if demand were higher, Move the game 15 miles away to Spokane's Joe Albi Stadium ( they've played this series there before Idaho reclassified). To continue to bend to the ridiculous notion that all games must be played at Idaho is ludicrous. Other than the short trip, the series offers very little benefit when all games are played away. If the game was played as a home & home, I would think it beneficial.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 12:25 PM
I watched significant chunks of the EWU game. A good part of that attendance was a sea of red and black on the left-hand (from the camera view) side of the stands. I'd very conservatively guess more than 2,000, perhaps more. It could have been 4,000.

You could argue that FCS games give an attendance boost to the FBS home games, especially money losers like Idaho. How many Minnesota fans would have traveled to Moscow to watch them play Idaho? Fewer than the number of EWU fans that made the trip, I'd bet.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 01:16 PM
I watched significant chunks of the EWU game. A good part of that attendance was a sea of red and black on the left-hand (from the camera view) side of the stands. I'd very conservatively guess more than 2,000, perhaps more. It could have been 4,000.

You could argue that FCS games give an attendance boost to the FBS home games, especially money losers like Idaho. How many Minnesota fans would have traveled to Moscow to watch them play Idaho? Fewer than the number of EWU fans that made the trip, I'd bet.

Any program that has to count on visitor attendance to get them over the financial hump should drop football.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 01:18 PM
EWU just proved why Idaho should be in the Big Sky. Good win for the Eagles...very embarrassing for the Vandals.

When NDSU beats Colorado St next week, does that prove CSU should be in the MVFC?

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Good win for EW.

Keep in mind, Western Kentucky had a rather embarrassing loss to Indiana St last season and that sparked them into a very nice performance the rest of the season. Perhaps this is the wake-up call Idaho needs to compete?

dbackjon
August 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Good win for EW.

Keep in mind, Western Kentucky had a rather embarrassing loss to Indiana St last season and that sparked them into a very nice performance the rest of the season. Perhaps this is the wake-up call Idaho needs to compete?

Actually, it was getting to Sunbelch conference play that gave WKU a breather. WKU was 0-4 OOC, 7-1 in the SunBelch. Most likely scenario is that the SunBelch sucks, really, really sucks.

ndsubison
August 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM

So am I. Good luck, but if ISUr plays like I think they will, you won't need it. Go Valley! GO BISON!!

ndsubison
August 31st, 2012, 03:34 PM
When NDSU beats Colorado St next week, does that prove CSU should be in the MVFC?

I've been looking at the trash you've been posting for some time and have never spoken up until now. I am now convinced that you are either some troll trying to make the rest of us NDSU fans look bad or you have some serious mental health issues. Give us a break and give it a rest. At least try to contribute something insightful or of use to the boards you creep on. Wow dude.

ndsubison
August 31st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Good win for EW.

Indiana State was a pretty good team last season. I expect to see them even more improved this year. Do you even do your homework on some of the teams you smack on or claim to know so much about?

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 03:45 PM

Kind of. Don't get me wrong, getting paid to beat the crap out of another team is nice and all, but $150k is nothing.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Congrats to Mcneese St and EWU for the wins. Always love to see the "little" guys on top. Keep em coming FCS teams!

You were rooting for Idaho!? ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Cougs are next. xsmashx

Tod
August 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Kind of. Don't get me wrong, getting paid to beat the crap out of another team is nice and all, but $150k is nothing.

Nothing? What were you travel expenses, maybe $1,000?

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Nothing? What were you travel expenses, maybe $1,000?

Compared to the typical $400-600k?

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 04:40 PM

taking it well

808Vandal is my favorite.

Before the game:

With our without Blackman, we should be able to win on Thursday. Our D should be bigger, faster, and stronger, and we should be able to significantly slow down their O.

If it takes a little more effort for us to score on offense, that shouldn't prevent us from winning the game. If we can't beat EWU with a back-up QB, we are totally screwed for the rest of the season. What happens when Blackman tweaks something of if he gets hurt and misses some playing time?

We need to have enough faith to know that we have somebody, anybody on the roster that can set in and get the job done. Period.

I'm revising my score estimate. Instead of 45-17, I'll say it goest to 45-10. Our D steps up and we win by even more.

And this is him after the game:

Eastern might go .500 in this years WAC with wins over..both Texas schools, Idaho, and NMSU..

I'm done.

I might not be back ever. I can't stand this chit.

Good luck all.

A couple of great posts, from other posters:

Worse yet, now I'm a EWU fan.

I think this Padron is someone to watch this year. xmadx

Because of what is at stake, this might be the lowest point of the program I have ever witnessed. Ugh.
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gifhttp://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif
Congrats to the Eagles, they kicked our asses. Like their fans predicted.

My dad, mom, sister, and boss are all Eagles... http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/banghead.gif

xnodx xrotatehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM

Ill State defense is good......EMU is a crappy FBS team. Redbirds will win.

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 04:59 PM

4 or 5 teams in the Valley could probably beat CSU this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cougs are next. xsmashx

Idaho completely sucks but that doesn't take away a good win for EWU. Idaho still has 22 more schollys. Every FCS team has to play on the road at a 1A team every time they play. I'm sure if the game was played on EWU's home field the score would have been worse.

Good win.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM
Idaho completely sucks but that doesn't take away a good win for EWU. Idaho still has 22 more schollys. Every FCS team has to play on the road at a 1A team every time they play. I'm sure if the game was played on EWU's home field the score would have been worse.

Good win.

If Padron had been on the same page as our WRs and vice-versa, we would've won 40-3. There were a lot of dropped/tipped balls by the WRs not named Brandon Kaufman. Overall, our passing game was poorly executed and very sloppy. Same with the OL.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM
If Padron had been on the same page as our WRs and vice-versa, we would've won 40-3. There were a lot of dropped/tipped balls by the WRs not named Brandon Kaufman. Overall, our passing game was poorly executed and very sloppy. Same with the OL.

I'm sure you expected the Eagles to win just like I expect the Bison to go Colorado State and beat them next week. Padron will only get better as the season goes on. EWU will be tough to beat for everyone on their schedule.

Washington State will be a winnable game also.

What is EWU getting for these two games? Money-wise for these 2 FBS games?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'm sure you expected the Eagles to win just like I expect the Bison to go Colorado State and beat them next week. Padron will only get better as the season goes on. EWU will be tough to beat for everyone on their schedule.

Washington State will be a winnable game also.

What is EWU getting for these two games? Money-wise for these 2 FBS games?

150K from Idaho and probably 300-350K from WSU. It is one hell of a good job of scheduling by the AD though due to proximity and the fact that these are close enough to almost count them as home games by the fans. In my mind this is great money considering the lack of travel and the ability for all involved to get immediately back in the swing of the normal day to day stuff.

it's about 250 miles round trip for both of these games combined. Hell, that's just a little further than Montana or MT state have to go one way for a game against each other.

Tod
August 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Compared to the typical $400-600k?

I know, but Idaho is winnable, and close enough for fans to go. And $150K is probably more (or about the same) as you make for a home game. It's not "nothing".

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Indiana State was a pretty good team last season. I expect to see them even more improved this year. Do you even do your homework on some of the teams you smack on or claim to know so much about?

That it was an embarrassing loss had nothing to with how talented IN St was. Yes, they were talented last year.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM
808Vandal is my favorite.

Before the game:

And this is him after the game:

A couple of great posts, from other posters:

xnodx xrotatehx

That sounds very much like a fan base ready to halt payment on checks to the Idaho football booster club and simply throw in the towel. Not sounding like a bunch of fans who are gung-ho ready to give the Big Sky a chance.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:37 PM
4 or 5 teams in the Valley could probably beat CSU this year.

I don't disagree, but I do disagree that it proves CSU should be in the MVFC because of it. The concept is preposterous.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM
Cougs are next. xsmashx

Wow, that's great scheduling by your AD! Good luck to EW.

That would be something to have EW beat both Idaho and WSU in back to back weeks to open the season.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2012, 06:49 PM
thank you EWU and McNeese

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2012, 06:54 PM
I don't disagree, but I do disagree that it proves CSU should be in the MVFC because of it. The concept is preposterous.

I'm trying to find where I said CSU should be in the MV. They are annually a poor FBS team that any good quality FCS program has a chance to beat.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm trying to find where I said CSU should be in the MV. They are annually a poor FBS team that any good quality FCS program has a chance to beat.

You didn't say that.

Yes I agree, I-AA teams do beat I-A teams each year.

bobcathpdevil56
August 31st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Just talking about FCS-FBS games.

How funny was the wrong way punt coverage in the Kent State-Towson game.

That is good stuff. Plus the towson guys tackled him:D

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM
How good is the Sun Belt? Try Wagner 3, FAU 0, halftime.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Do people actually judge conferences by how bad the least competitive team in the conference is?

Never heard of that one.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Do people actually judge conferences by how bad the least competitive team in the conference is?

Never heard of that one.

Generally. Unless you're the CAA.

MplsBison
August 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM
Which professional college football journalists publish such ratings of conferences using that method? I guess it's just unpaid bloggers.

I'd like to see Wagner (or Lehigh for that matter) take on Arkansas St. I guess that would be like "picking on someone of your own size" ? xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2012, 12:07 AM
That sounds very much like a fan base ready to halt payment on checks to the Idaho football booster club and simply throw in the towel. Not sounding like a bunch of fans who are gung-ho ready to give the Big Sky a chance.

Well according to one poster, those who are against moving back to the Sky are in the minority. I received this PM from a fan this morning:

Big Sky is where we belong
First, congrats to EWU, that's a good team. Don't let a handful of fanatics on a message board fool you. I'm a Vandal fan, born and raised, and virtually every Vandal friend and every Vandal fan I know want ALL athletics, including football, back in the Big Sky. Please keep this private, I don't wish to be torn asunder on the Vandal board. Best of luck to your Eagles the rest of the way....

MplsBison
September 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Well according to one poster, those who are against moving back to the Sky are in the minority. I received this PM from a fan this morning:

Yep, the old "everyone I know" bit. Guy must know a lot of people.

Must be why they're going I-A independent for two years and hoping something shakes out for an I-A conference invite.

Don't get me wrong, non-football sports in the Big Sky makes terrific sense unless they can get an invite to the Mountain West.

MplsBison
September 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Big Sky fans: anyone catch the San Jose - Stanford game last night? I did not, but just watched the highlight bit on espn. So I don't really have a clue if Stanford is way down or if San Jose is way up.

In any case, how do you think you'd stand up to either of THOSE schools? Anyone playing SJ this season?

Laker
September 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM

You are right. There wouldn't have been many other than parents and relatives. Minnesota doesn't travel well, but I think they had a bunch going to Vegas to see that triple OT win. I haven't heard any numbers from that- but more because it was Vegas than anything else.

darell1976
September 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yep, the old "everyone I know" bit. Guy must know a lot of people.

Must be why they're going I-A independent for two years and hoping something shakes out for an I-A conference invite.

Don't get me wrong, non-football sports in the Big Sky makes terrific sense unless they can get an invite to the Mountain West.

You actually think Idaho is going to survive being an Indy team? I know they are trying to buy some time hoping (and praying) a conference takes them, but after 2 years and no one wants Idaho then do they drop football, stay in the Indy league or move back to the Big Sky?

grayghost06
September 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
150K from Idaho and probably 300-350K from WSU. It is one hell of a good job of scheduling by the AD though due to proximity and the fact that these are close enough to almost count them as home games by the fans. In my mind this is great money considering the lack of travel and the ability for all involved to get immediately back in the swing of the normal day to day stuff.

it's about 250 miles round trip for both of these games combined. Hell, that's just a little further than Montana or MT state have to go one way for a game against each other.

I don't know how Idaho could afford to pay 150k. They drew 11k for the game. Let's just say for discussion they have 3k in freebie student tickets. Their ticket prices range from 20-35 dollars. Since there are more cheap seats than good ones, we'll say 8000 tickets at $25 per pop. That's 200k in gate receipts. After factoring in game day costs, they might have lost money on that deal.

I know there is parking and concessions to factor in, but seriously Idaho....you belong in FCS ball.

dgtw
September 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
According to their website, general admission for their games are $10 and $20. Reserved seats are $25 and $35. They get a little more for season tickets because you have to make a donation. So they might have made a profit on the game, but not much.

Of course, that's not even taking into account coaches salaries, scholarship expenses, etc.

GoAgs72
September 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
Big Sky fans: anyone catch the San Jose - Stanford game last night? I did not, but just watched the highlight bit on espn. So I don't really have a clue if Stanford is way down or if San Jose is way up.

In any case, how do you think you'd stand up to either of THOSE schools? Anyone playing SJ this season?

UC Davis plays San Jose State next Saturday. We beat them last time we played but they are much improved since then. Also Stanford is without Luck at QB. The Stanford/SJSU game used to be very competitve and may return to that mode. UC Davis will need to play their best game to win or stay close. If we get blown out by San Jose State it may be a long year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Pitt just got absolutely manhandled by Youngstown State. There might be others. Next!

apaladin
September 1st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Pitt just got absolutely manhandled by Youngstown State. There might be others. Next!

Looks like Pitt will fit in nicely in the ACC!!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2012, 11:47 PM
UT-Martin just beat Memphis on a last-second FG, 20-17. Next!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
UT-Martin just beat Memphis on a last-second FG, 20-17. Next!

What does next weeks slate look like? Everyone is going to jump on NDSU VS CSU but I'm not so sure. FT. Collins will not be a fun place to play.

DJKyR0
September 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
NDSU over CSU. Book it.

bojeta
September 2nd, 2012, 12:12 AM

I believe UC Davis plays San Jose State

bonarae
September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
OK, here are the next round of FCS-FBS (September 8):

*bold means that the FCS team has a chance to upset the FBS team*

UNH at Minnesota (The Gophies survived UNLV but they needed 3 OT's)
Maine at Boston College
Illinois State at Eastern Michigan (toss-up I guess...)
Southern Illinois at Miami Ohio
Austin Peay at Virginia Tech
Weber State at BYU
Southern Utah at Cal Berkeley
Sacremento State at Colorado
Eastern Washington at Washington State (WSU still a cellar-dweller in Pac-12)
Missouri State at Louisville
Howard at Rutgers
Georgia State at Tennessee
Morgan State at Buffalo
Savannah State at Florida State (I think a repeat of 84-0 will happen, possibly a 3-digit game for the Noles)
Western Carolina at Marshall
NDSU at Colorado State
Presbyterian at Georgia Tech
Texas Southern at North Texas
UT Martin at Northern Illinois (I'm not sure about the Skyhawks' outcome, but it's a toss-up)
Florida A&M at Oklahoma
Grambling at TCU
Eastern Illinois at Western Michigan (toss-up?)
UC Davis at San Jose State (the Spartans are too strong for UC Davis to handle...)
Stephen F. Austin at SMU (Mustangs won't play until tomorrow)
Northern Arizona at UNLV
Nicholls State at South Alabama

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
OK, here are the next round of FCS-FBS (September 8):

*bold means that the FCS team has a chance to upset the FBS team*

UNH at Minnesota Gophs by atleast 12. Marquis Gray will be considerably better than when we played. I dont think UNH wins this one. Perhaps they would win at home.
Maine at Boston College
Illinois State at Eastern Michigan I can agree with this one
Weber State at BYU
Eastern Washington at Washington State (WSU still a cellar-dweller in Pac-12) Perhaps, less likely than ISU-r EMU
Howard at Rutgers
Morgan State at Buffalo
Savannah State at Florida State (I think a repeat of 84-0 will happen, possibly a 3-digit game for the Noles)
NDSU at Colorado State NDSU by 14, 17-3 that is.
UT Martin at Northern Illinois (I'm not sure about the Skyhawks' outcome, but it's a toss-up)
Florida A&M at Oklahoma
Grambling at TCU
Eastern Illinois at Western Michigan
UC Davis at San Jose State
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Northern Arizona at UNLV

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
What does next weeks slate look like? Everyone is going to jump on NDSU VS CSU but I'm not so sure. FT. Collins will not be a fun place to play.

Not to mention they beat CU tonight.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Bold = Feasible
Bold red = Best chance

UNH at Minnesota
Maine at Boston College
Illinois State at Eastern Michigan
Weber State at BYU
Eastern Washington at Washington State
Howard at Rutgers
Morgan State at Buffalo
Savannah State at Florida State
NDSU at Colorado State
UT Martin at Northern Illinois
Florida A&M at Oklahoma
Grambling at TCU
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Northern Arizona at UNLV

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
If Minn's QB can find any kind of accuracy, New Hampshire won't stand a chance. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

But the Gophers have quite a good history of beating themselves.

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
I like ILL St and NDSU for wins. East Wash and EIU next best chance. Maybe Maine and Southern Illinois after that.

I don't give anyone else much of a chance. NAU has no chance against UNLV, from what I saw of them against Minn. They have a decent squad and I like their big QB.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
If Minn's QB can find any kind of accuracy, New Hampshire won't stand a chance. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

But the Gophers have quite a good history of beating themselves.

Boy, I actually agree with you here. Gophers, IMO, will have no trouble with UNH.

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Il St over EMU sounds like a good call.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Either Minnesota is still bad or UNLV has improved greatly since last season. Gophers QB is a lot slower after gaining weight in the off-season, but tougher to bring down. If UNH gets the INT's they win, otherwise lose close. Gophers media are basically writing off UNH as a win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Il St over EMU sounds like a good call.

That game will be close but I'll favor the Eagles by a whisker. EMU dropped a tough road conference game against a pretty good Ball State team to open the season so the they should be pretty amped to right the ship. English is a darn good coach.

I'm telling ya, the solid MAC teams are tough outs....just ask Florida, PSU, Iowa and Arizona.....

Laker
September 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Either Minnesota is still bad or UNLV has improved greatly since last season. Gophers QB is a lot slower after gaining weight in the off-season, but tougher to bring down. If UNH gets the INT's they win, otherwise lose close. Gophers media are basically writing off UNH as a win.

Sid the Idiot Hartman on WCCO just referred to New Hampshire as a D2 team. He did say that they are supposed to be better than UNLV.

darell1976
September 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sid the Idiot Hartman on WCCO just referred to New Hampshire as a D2 team. He did say that they are supposed to be better than UNLV.

He probably said that about NDSU and South Dakota before they beat the Goofs.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Maine should have a legitimate shot against BC.

I-AA Fan
September 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM

Nice thought, but I think the MAC, MW, and WAC all have policies prohibiting away sub-division games.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Nice thought, but I think the MAC, MW, and WAC all have policies prohibiting away sub-division games.

Yeah, but WAC won't be in existence after this year, and Idaho looks like they will have no choice but to drop down in the very near future.

grayghost06
September 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM

I'm sure the MWC conference has that policy and they should. They can provide a decent payday and offer the prestige of beating a respectable team. Plus, there is no way most FCS teams could match their attendance. The WAC may have had that policy, but the two teams that are left average 12k and 15k. That could be matched by a lot of respectable FCS programs. There is no real upside in prestige or pay for always playing at their home stadium. And after this year, there won't be a conference left to have such a policy.

The MAC obviously doesn't have that policy. JMU was in discussions w/ Ball St. for a home & home till we beat VA Tech. BSU did wind up signing a home and home w/ Illinois St. Here is Ball State's 2014 OOC schedule.
•08/28 - at Illinois State
•09/06 - at Iowa
•10/04 - at Army
•10/25 - Colgate

You simply can't talk the talk without walking the walk. In a lot of these schools' cases- they can't do it. No way should an App St., Montana, UD or JMU ever agree to a one & done with a team from the MAC, WAC, or Slum Belt. They draw less crowds, offer measely paydays and no real upside if you win. Makes better sense to schedule an additional home game.

JMU is latched into an away game against Akron in 2013. It was arranged several years ago before we rebuilt our stadium. The absurdity of playing an away OOC game against a "higher up level" that we outdraw by 65% is staggering.

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, but WAC won't be in existence after this year, and Idaho looks like they will have no choice but to drop down in the very near future.

In 2015, Idaho will be faced with one of four possibilities:

- continue playing as an independent
- drop football altogether
- receive invitation to join Mountain West
- join Big Sky for football

clenz
September 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Ball State and NIU both reached out to UNI for home and homes

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

DoubleE
September 2nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
YSU has winning records against both Kent State and Akron. Both Refuse to play at YSU anymore

crossfire07
September 5th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Will not exist in football ONLY.

MplsBison
September 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Will not exist in football ONLY.

Unfortunately if Idaho goes to the Big Sky and Boise does indeed get into the Big West (why wouldn't they go Big Sky in non-football too????) that leaves the WAC with New Mexico St, Denver and Seattle as basketball members. They'd need to find four additional DI members.

BisonHype!
September 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hopefully CSU will be next to fall to NDSU!

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
UNH at Minnesota
Maine at Boston College
Weber State at BYU
Howard at Rutgers
Morgan State at Buffalo
NDSU at Colorado State
Florida A&M at Oklahoma
Grambling at TCU
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Northern Arizona at UNLV

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
georgia state over Tennessee! LOL

MplsBison
September 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
UNH at Minnesota
Maine at Boston College
Weber State at BYU
Howard at Rutgers
Morgan State at Buffalo
NDSU at Colorado State
Florida A&M at Oklahoma
Grambling at TCU
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Northern Arizona at UNLV

I'm gonna say no to UNH, Sac St, and EIU for sure. IL St, EW and NDSU are no guarantees.

JSUBison
September 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322522199

Illinois State gets the win over Eastern Michigan. Next!

bisonboone11
September 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM
How many FCS over FBS is that now?

NDSUDude23
September 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Both Colorado schools fall to FCS opponents today. Sac State over Colorado and NDSU over Colorado State

Screamin_Eagle174
September 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Think the total is at 7, with 3 more falling today. CU, CSU, and EMU.

JMUNJ08
September 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Sounds correct sir. Going for double digits this year?

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna say no to UNH, Sac St, and EIU for sure. IL St, EW and NDSU are no guarantees.

I'll take 3-3 against FBS

bonarae
September 9th, 2012, 12:15 AM
And another goes down! UNLV loses to NAU!

bonarae
September 9th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Round 3 of FBS-FCS: (all September 15)
Bold is a predicted FCS upset, which is unfortunately only one for this round.

Charleston Southern at Illinois
Bethune-Cookman at Miami (FL)
Presbyterian at Vanderbilt
Furman at Clemson
Tennessee Tech at Oregon
Morgan State at Akron
UNI at Iowa
Stony Brook at Syracuse
Portland State vs. Washington (in Seahawks' stadium instead of Husky Stadium)
JMU vs. WVU (in Redskins' stadium)
Cal Poly at Wyoming
SHSU at Baylor
Delaware State at Cincy
NC Central at Duke
Nicholls State at Tulsa
Northwestern State at Nevada Reno
Western Illinois at Iowa State
S.C. State at Arizona
Lamar at Hawaii

DJKyR0
September 9th, 2012, 12:28 AM
NDSU over CSU. Book it.

Woot.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Round 3 of FBS-FCS: (all September 15)
Bold is a predicted FCS upset, which is unfortunately only one for this round.

Charleston Southern at Illinois
Bethune-Cookman at Miami (FL)
Presbyterian at Vanderbilt
Furman at Clemson
Tennessee Tech at Oregon
Morgan State at Akron
UNI at Iowa Not that unlikely, although UNI could suck pretty bad and we just don't know it yet.
Stony Brook at Syracuse Possible
Portland State vs. Washington (in Seahawks' stadium instead of Husky Stadium)
JMU vs. WVU (in Redskins' stadium)
Cal Poly at Wyoming Maybe
SHSU at Baylor
Delaware State at Cincy
NC Central at Duke
Nicholls State at Tulsa
Northwestern State at Nevada Reno
Western Illinois at Iowa State
S.C. State at Arizona
Lamar at Hawaii

Quote taken from bonaera

clenz
September 9th, 2012, 12:37 AM
What the **** is with the disclaimer with the UNI/Iowa game?

MTfan4life
September 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM
UNI at Iowa Not that unlikely, although UNI could suck pretty bad and we just don't know it yet.
Stony Brook at Syracuse

I have been wrong about the FBS before, but Syracuse is taking names on offense this season. They may be 0-2, but their losses are to USC and Northwestern, both 2-0 teams. They have racked up 1000 yards of offense already this season. Stony Brook will probably need to win a shootout to take down the Orange.

The Big Ten almost as a whole has shown that it is EXTREMELY overrated so far this season. UNI should have high hopes for the Iowa game, but the Hawkeyes will be pissed after losing yet again to a rival they've gotten used to dominating. I can't imagine that game will be very high scoring.

clenz
September 9th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I have been wrong about the FBS before, but Syracuse is taking names on offense this season. They may be 0-2, but their losses are to USC and Northwestern, both 2-0 teams. They have racked up 1000 yards of offense already this season. Stony Brook will probably need to win a shootout to take down the Orange.

The Big Ten almost as a whole has shown that it is EXTREMELY overrated so far this season. UNI should have high hopes for the Iowa game, but the Hawkeyes will be pissed after losing yet again to a rival they've gotten used to dominating. I can't imagine that game will be very high scoring.In the last 15 games Iowa actually trails the series with Iowa State 6-9.

Iowa could come out pissed....I'm going to be that if UNI jumps out early (like they did in 09) the Hawks will fold rather quickly. Things in Iowa City aren't pretty.

Farley is also still extremely pissed about how the game in 09 ended, and with players on the team still who played in that game, UNI will be jacked for it.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2012, 01:13 AM
I won't be overly surprised to see UNI win something like 7-6 or 14-10.

It means UNI's close loss in week one could mean alot less in Week 3+ because Wisconsin could be/is being revealed as pretender.

Iowa also doesn't look like a world beater. I don't see how you have any more evidence to think they are a good team than I have to think they likely just aren't.

danefan
September 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM

8 now.

NAU over UNLV.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM

The Big Ten almost as a whole has shown that it is EXTREMELY overrated so far this season. UNI should have high hopes for the Iowa game, but the Hawkeyes will be pissed after losing yet again to a rival they've gotten used to dominating. I can't imagine that game will be very high scoring.
michgan state and osu look pretty good. Michigan state looks like a title contender through 2 games. I think michigan will improve over the course of the year, both lines are struggling, now that the last of carr's recruits are gone. Alabama and lsu are built to shred teams with bad lines.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 04:49 AM
8 now.

NAU over UNLV.

banner year with several more good teams getting good shots over the next few weeks. shsu get shots at baylor and a&m, stony brook at army, uni at iowa, among others.