PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Have This

P2TheB
July 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM
This isn't a coaches show, which I think most schools that participate in 1-AA football have. This is an all-sports show focusing on UNI athletics, while school is in session. This show will air in 3 of the top media markets in Iowa (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls) on the WB. Check out the video discussing the show.

So, do any other schools have this type of all-sports show on tv?

http://www.panthersportstalk.com/main.html

Click on "View/Buy" to check out the free preview of what the show will look like.

DUPFLFan
July 17th, 2006, 01:27 PM

We can't get our SID or the Register to admit there is a football team at Drake, let alone an all-sports talk show. :(

Rob Ash does have his weekly show....

cosmo here
July 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM
We can't get our SID or the Register to admit there is a football team at Drake, let alone an all-sports talk show. :(

Rob Ash does have his weekly show....

I was just checking out your website . . looks like there's a lot of timely football information on there :confused: How would you improve Drake's coverage ?

chrisattsu
July 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM
You mean the Quad Cities isn't a major media market?:eyebrow:

Go...gate
July 17th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Lehigh and Princeton have such programs.

cosmo here
July 17th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Lafayette does not . . but the Leopards use the money they could have spent on a weekly half-hour show to broadcast every football game live, along with most of the home men's and half of the home women's basketball schedules, along with other selected sports (soccer, field hockey, lacrosse).

TheBisonator
July 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM
NDSU has a football coaches show that lasts during football season, and then a Mens/Womens combo basketball coaches show that takes over after football is done. These shows are broadcast statewide throughout ND. But I don't think there's any all-sports show.

Hell, I lived in Minneapolis for many years, and I don't even recall an all-sports show for the Gophers. Must be an exciting thing UNI is doing.

P2TheB
July 17th, 2006, 04:15 PM
You mean the Quad Cities isn't a major media market?:eyebrow:

I do not believe the Quad Cities market is covered by the two stations that will be airing this programming. That is why I didn't include them, or Sioux City, or Council Bluffs.

golionsgo
July 17th, 2006, 04:37 PM
This isn't a coaches show, which I think most schools that participate in 1-AA football have. This is an all-sports show focusing on UNI athletics, while school is in session. This show will air in 3 of the top media markets in Iowa (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, and Waterloo/Cedar Falls) on the WB. Check out the video discussing the show.

http://www.panthersportstalk.com/main.html

Click on "View/Buy" to check out the free preview of what the show will look like.

We have two such shows (The Big Game, Lion Tracks) that focus on the entire athletic program, only they don't air on broadcast television. We have our own cable channel (The Southeastern Channel) that is delivered to between 90 and 100 thousand households (240-250 thousand people total) around southeast Louisiana on Charter Cable. This is not your typical campus TV station...

http://www2.selu.edu/thesoutheasternchannel/