PDA

View Full Version : Nova Reciever depth in question

HailSzczur
August 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
The veteran receiving core was supposed to be one of the Wildcats's biggest strengths going into this season. But 2 key seniors have picked up injuries in camp. Sr. Kevin Miles suffered a jones fracture (right where the pinky toe connects to the base of the foot) that will keep him out 8 weeks and 5th year Sr. Dorian Wells also is out with a foot injury. Dustin Thomas, last years starting QB turned WR, also suffered a concussion and is awaiting clearance by the team doctor for Friday's game.

If I'm Andy Talley, I would be on the phone with Sprinturf and have them come check out the field and make sure everythings okay. It seems odd all the injuries that have occoured involving players legs on that field since they put it in in 2010.
2010: WR Matt Szczur goes down with a high ankle sprain
2011: OL Chidozie Ekweozer tears his ACL in Spring practice
2011: WR Norman white fractures a bone in his foot during camp
2012: C Dan Shirey blows out his Achilles
2012: WR Dorian Wells injures his foot
2012: WR Kevin Miles suffers a Jones fracture
.....And those are just some of the starters

HailSzczur
August 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
And speaking of depth, here is our newly released depth chart:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HLhj4zz4wII/UDvT5zw-HBI/AAAAAAAAAXE/MdRdklhaR7o/s1600/villanova+depth+chart.png

bluehenbillk
August 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Nova has their eyes set on 2013 & beyond. 2012 will be another throwaway year to forget. At least Monmouth isn't on this year's schedule :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I had no idea Villanova was still that young across on both sides of the ball. It might be a longer year on the Main Line than I originally thought

HailSzczur
August 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I had no idea Villanova was still that young across on both sides of the ball. It might be a longer year on the Main Line than I originally thought

This is exactly why I said Temple shouldn't be all that worried about an upset this year. I'm optimistic though, hoping that with most of the guys having a full season to gel we pull a .500 season this year. Alot of it depends on how bad some of these injuries actually are, and if they try to come back this year or just sit the whole year out and redshirt