PDA

View Full Version : I-AA needs a national radio network

Cat79
July 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I would love to hear games that Texas State plays away. I made all of the home games but one last year. I think it would be great for I-AA to have a radio network that covers a game of the week. They could rotate to various conferences. What do you think?:hurray:

July 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I would love to hear games that Texas State plays away. I made all of the home games but one last year. I think it would be great for I-AA to have a radio network that covers a game of the week. They could rotate to various conferences. What do you think?:hurray:It already exists on satellite radio. Otherwise there are a ton of I-AA Internet audio games every week. Get your desktop/laptop/car wired and listen.

Cat79
July 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Ralph,

I get tired of hearing the Big 12 game of the week on radio when driving. I do not have satellite radio.

Texas Southern has a radio station covering them in Houston.

I usually listen to the internet radio of our away games if they have the audio feeds.

ButlerGSU
July 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM
TSU-SM should start a program similar to EagleVision at GSU, they broadcast our local announcer along with video via the internet for all GSU football games. For more information visit www.georgiasoutherneagles.com

blukeys
July 16th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I would love to hear games that Texas State plays away. I made all of the home games but one last year. I think it would be great for I-AA to have a radio network that covers a game of the week. They could rotate to various conferences. What do you think?:hurray:

Ever hear of Podcasting? Just about every school is doing it. You can get Delaware's games on podcast but you will have to suffer through their announcers, which is the reason I buy season tickets. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Most other schools offer online Internet service. Southern Illinois has excellent quality for a live broadcast.

On most computers you can record a game you are not listening to if they don't podcast.

If there are games you want to listen to why not ask someone on this board to record it and send it or give you a link to the podcast?

The only thing that limited my ability to listen to I-AA games last year was TIME!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

Calif_Colonial
July 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM
sports.yahoo.com

I've only been to 4 games in 12 years. But I have listen to all the other games on the net. :D

July 16th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Cat outta the bag time... I-AA WAVES was going to be scheduled for a nationwide radio and satellite broadcast every Tuesday night and get this... a SIX HOUR GAMEDAY broadcast on Saturdays in 2006 patterned after the I-A ESPN show. The folks pitching it fell through but we will attempt it again next year. The sponsors are interested...

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Ralph, what satellite radio service are we talking about here???

trojan5588
July 16th, 2006, 01:33 AM
wat about a 1-AA television station??? That would be AWESOME...completely dedicated to just 1-AA then other sports in the offseason. If not that how bout a Gameday package for 1-AA games??

July 16th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Ralph, what satellite radio service are we talking about here???sirius

There will be lots of cool things on satellite radio this fall though... just not I-AA WAVES and the full I-AA GAMEDAY. :(

walliver
July 16th, 2006, 08:51 AM
what about a 1-AA television station??? That would be AWESOME...completely dedicated to just 1-AA then other sports in the offseason. If not that how bout a Gameday package for 1-AA games??

I-AA Football Network:

Year 1 - I-AA football in the fall - ratings plummet in the offseason
Year 2 - I-AA game in the afternoon, Prime Time game with SunBelt
Year 3 - Sunbelt in afternoon, MAC/C-USA game Primetime, I-AA tape delay late Saturday
Year 4 - Full I-A schedule, occasional HBCU "classic"
Year 6 - What's I-AA?

Personally, I would be satisfied with a "I-AA week in review" show showing highlights of games shown on a Tuesday or Wednesday night on cable. It would be more entertaining than the MTSU Coaches show.

lambertjr
July 16th, 2006, 09:08 AM
It's surprising that CSTV wouldn't jump at this.
I was able to watch a majority of the Navy games last year on CSTV.
Watch a Navy game than catch a couple of 1-AA games after that, or vice-versa?

skinny_uncle
July 16th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I-AA Football Network:

Year 1 - I-AA football in the fall - ratings plummet in the offseason
Year 2 - I-AA game in the afternoon, Prime Time game with SunBelt
Year 3 - Sunbelt in afternoon, MAC/C-USA game Primetime, I-AA tape delay late Saturday
Year 4 - Full I-A schedule, occasional HBCU "classic"
Year 6 - What's I-AA?

Personally, I would be satisfied with a "I-AA week in review" show showing highlights of games shown on a Tuesday or Wednesday night on cable. It would be more entertaining than the MTSU Coaches show.
Good idea. Just get it on one of the ESPN channels and replace one of those poker shows with something worth watching.
:thumbsup:

Retro
July 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
1. I have XM radio and when I-AA teams play teams from the ACC, Big ten and Pac 10, those games are on xm radio. A couple of years ago i listened to Northern Arizona nearly knock off Arizona coming back from a Mcneese Road game.

2. CBS recently purchased CSTV.. As of now, no real changes have been made, but CBS has at least 4 additional seldom used channels on Direct TV, so if they expand their college options on TV maybe they will do a few more I-AA games there.. They do have much more money and resources than CSTV had...

3. I have mentioned in the past to the SLC commissioner about talking to XM about having a I-AA football channel for either all teams so a few games could be done each week or the SLC working a deal.. This was 2 years ago and at the time XM wasn't interested, but if the right sponsors or enough I-AA conferences get involved, there is no reason it can't work.. XM has many channels not used year round, like NHL, MLB, etc...

4. What we desperately need is a weekly I-AA TV Highlight show either on ESPN, CSTV, ESPNU or syndicated via the FOX Sports networks.. These could easily be sold to advertisers, if we could get some higher ups to just present it.

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2006, 11:25 AM
sirius

There will be lots of cool things on satellite radio this fall though... just not I-AA WAVES and the full I-AA GAMEDAY. :(

Im glad that Im a sirius subscriber.
I know that alot of mid-major basketball games were on during the bball season, and im looking forward to hearing the i-aa games this fall.

sirius seems to be more appealing than xm when trying to listen to i-aa & midmajor games.

GSUhooligan
July 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Can someone expnad on the Sirius I-AA thing. I know all the major conferences (except the ACC Big 10 and Pac-10) are on it, but the website doesn't say anything about I-AA schools. Can someone shed some light?

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I have only had Sirius since Christmas, so i dont know about the football season. However, during the basketball season they featured teams that are considered "mid-major" or on the i-aa level.

I think xm only broadcasts games on those three large conferences, just an assumption since i dont have xm.

here's a link to sirius' page about college sports broadcasts. it will be updated with a schedule of games when the season approaches.
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1096483195628