PDA

View Full Version : Which School Will Win the Big Sky Conference in 2006?

GaSouthern
July 14th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I figured the BSC needed some love too.

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 07:12 PM
You forgot UNC. How could you!

JMU Duke Dog
July 14th, 2006, 07:37 PM
The Montana Griz will be a true national title contender in 2006 in my opinion.

Mountain Panther
July 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
You forgot UNC. How could you!

Yes he did. Hopefully he can revise it!

MplsBison
July 14th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Have to go with the ag school.

Montana State all the way.

Gil Dobie
July 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
D1B says Montana, so I go with Montana.

D1B
July 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
D1B says Montana, so I go with Montana.

That's sweet Gil. But I've changed my mind. I'm goin with Weber State.xcoffeex

igo4uni
July 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I voted Montana. Don't know why, but I did it!:cool:

Gil Dobie
July 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM
That's sweet Gil. But I've changed my mind. I'm goin with Weber State.xcoffeex

DIB says Weber State, I'll go with Montana. :cool:

slostang
July 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I think the real question is who will take second place in the Big Sky. That is where the real battle will be.

GaSouthern
July 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM
WhoNC?

j/k yeah it did slip past me, they were not on the official webpage of the conference that I looked at. my bad guys

TheValleyRaider
July 14th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Montana

They look loaded, especially if Swogger at QB works out

RabidRabbit
July 14th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Hope UNC can avoid the cellar, and get back to being like they were in '96 & "97:hurray: But won't win the auto bid this year. xlolx

So will another fluffy get in to beat back the Griz this year? If so, I suspect it'll be a road opponent. But other than Poly, I'm not hearing or reading about a likely STRONG challenger to MT.

MT, and the rest.

SochorField
July 14th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Its hard to say who will be better between Northern Colorado and Slacramento State....Slac has some talent coming in, and UNC is improving.
I think Northern Colorado keeps Slac in the cellar. Sorry, Hornets.

kats89
July 14th, 2006, 11:19 PM
If you are going to do this poll for Big Sky then you need to do it for all conferences. There are 100+ other teams in I-AA and the Montana talk is getting a little ridiculous. Again, let's just wipe out the season and give them the trophy.:rolleyes:

Tailbone
July 14th, 2006, 11:40 PM
If you are going to do this poll for Big Sky then you need to do it for all conferences. There are 100+ other teams in I-AA and the Montana talk is getting a little ridiculous. Again, let's just wipe out the season and give them the trophy.:rolleyes:

kats-
can you read?
The polls you suggest are here, and have been for a couple of days.
This poll was started by a GaSU fan (you can tell by reading the upper left corner of the post - It lists the post author :rolleyes: )
If there is a poll you would like to see that isn't already on the board - start one.
Boy, the Montana thing really bugs you huh? Your vision appears to be clouded by a healthy dose of antipathy.......Griz envy? xidiotx

CatFan22
July 15th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I think the real question is who will take second place in the Big Sky. That is where the real battle will be.

I disagree.

SeattleGriz
July 15th, 2006, 01:33 AM

xcoffeex C'mon dude. Its as if you are implying our beliefs carry over to the field. If that were true, then the Lakers, Yankees and Green Bay would win every year. We are just fans talking crap. Relax Francis.

Aggie71
July 15th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Ummm, I slewed the voting by picking Sac State. This will probably be the only time I have ( and in the future, would have done). Just because. They need help.

Us Aggies have to give a little bit sometimes.

Beat Poly

'71

GaSouthern
July 15th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I voted Webber state (after street and smith's hyped them up so much), but I expect Montana to go farther in the playoffs.

GrizFoo
July 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I don't get the love for Weber this year. Sure they have a real good coach who did a great job last year. But they lost some serious talent and I don't see how it is being replaced. I was on the Weber bandwagon last year after seeing them play, I'll need to see them this year before I believe again.

ISU doesn't need my first hand account to call them contenders. They return all kinds of offensive play-makers, and pick up a QB who will be able to get them the ball. Dangerous, could be real dangerous.
Defensively they do loose Charleston, but still have Togafu, good secondary, and a couple good looking transfers. If they don't have an "incident" they will be loaded, I think.
The consistency they've lacked, even when good, in the past is the only thing that I think could haunt them other than the Griz.

I think it will be a UM/ISU battle for #1.

The Griz have some weak spots, but I suspect every team does when you follow them the closest. A few guys on the bubble as far as eligibility that could impact things. Another QB who will be starting, without ever having played a down in I-AA. But a QB who is learning everything fast, and getting to throw to WR who do, now, have some experience...unlike last year.

It is impossible to gauge PSU, for me. Too many transfers to compute anything in my head. :eyebrow:

MSU is hard to figure too. They always seem to loose to someone they really shouldn't loose to, look at last year, once again they choked, and in a year where the stars seemed to be aligned for them to do something in the playoffs...and they didn't even make it. If I were a cat fan, and I have nothing against Kramer and actually like hime, I'd be asking some questions and start asking for more.

EWU seems to have had some real good H.S. talent come in the past few years. I'm wondering if that will pay off, in a year where they are comming in without two staples of their exciting offense.

NAU can always sneak up on you. I hope they do well, but not too well. Murietta could have a bit more talent at WR and launch them into something like they had his frosh year.

Sac I quit following.

UNC I have yet to start following much.

touchdown
July 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM
sac has every bit as much talent coming back as any team in the conference outside of montana. In fact cal poly and uc davis have more returning talent then do most of the other bsc schools and that was hard for me to say!
If you dont think they do then do some research. Find a better d-lineman then dallas mauga and an olineman matt Russell. they have others but with all the hype on swogger and guiterrez these two have slipped thru the cracks because they are lineman. This race will be exciting a very unpredictable at best!

AZGrizFan
July 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I voted Montana. Don't know why, but I did it!:cool:

Oh, deep down in your heart, you KNOW. Get used to saying "2006 I-AA National Champion" in front of "Montana Grizzlies"....start working on it now, and by December it'll seem like second nature! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

AZGrizFan
July 15th, 2006, 12:33 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That's some funny **** kats. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: xidiotx xidiotx

dbackjon
July 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I did the homer pick and made sure NAU had at least ONE vote :), but the conference is Montana's to lose this year.

Go...gate
July 15th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Montana.

catbob
July 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I bet if an identical poll had been run in previous years (the last 5 at least), the voting would've all come out exactly how this one is. Every year it is the Griz's to lose, but when was the last time they got the autobid?

2000 - ??
2001 - I believe NAU won it
2002 - MSU
2003 - MSU
2004 - EWU I think
2005 - EWU

I don't really remember for sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Point is every year people think UM is going to run the table, but they haven't managed to do so for years.

And Weber has plenty of talent returning, if they can replace the McQuistan brothers with someone even half as good, this team is going to be as good if not better than last year.

A better vote would have been "which three teams will tie for the BSC champsionship". :D

Ronbo
July 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM
2000 we were 13-2 and 7-0 in the BSC.

2001 we were 14-1 and 7-0 in the BSC.

2004 we were 12-3 and 6-1 in the BSC.

Three trips to the Chattanooga in 6 years, what else would you like to ask Bob? http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

catbob
July 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
So 2001 was the last time you won the BSC outright?

Playoff discussion is irrelevant in this thread, so thanks for being a typical Griz fan and making sure everyone could gawk at your accomplishments, even though they weren't called for.

Nobody has won the BSC outright since 01. I don't see that changing this year, but if anyone can do it I would say the Griz have the best shot.

ncbears
July 15th, 2006, 07:32 PM

Playoff discussion is irrelevant in this thread, so thanks for being a typical Griz fan and making sure everyone could gawk at your accomplishments, even though they weren't called for.

Nobody has won the BSC outright since 01. I don't see that changing this year, but if anyone can do it I would say the Griz have the best shot.

Just ignore Ronbo, he's too arrogant.

JohnStOnge
July 15th, 2006, 07:35 PM
You're kidding, right?

AZGrizFan
July 16th, 2006, 11:59 PM

It's good to see Griz envy still exists, even before two-a-days have even started.....:smiley_wi :smiley_wi

catbob
July 17th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I said the Griz have the best shot to win the BSC outright, what more do you want from me. :P

Tailbone
July 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I said the Griz have the best shot to win the BSC outright, what more do you want from me. :P

Concede the conference crown, face the west (northwest) and bow to Mecca. :smiley_wi

biobengal
July 17th, 2006, 10:37 AM
SAC gets more votes than PSU, NAU, and EWU combined. Explain!!

I have Sac in the 9th slot:
Montana
Idaho State (MSU is at ISU)
Montana State
Northern Arizona
Portland State
Eastern Washington
Weber State
Northern Colorado
Sac State

AZGrizFan
July 17th, 2006, 12:09 PM
SAC gets more votes than PSU, NAU, and EWU combined. Explain!!

I have Sac in the 9th slot:
Montana
Idaho State (MSU is at ISU)
Montana State
Northern Arizona
Portland State
Eastern Washington
Weber State
Northern Colorado
Sac State

I'll bet you a night out on the town in Pocatello that UNC goes 0-fer the conference, and Sac State gets 2 wins. UNC and NAU. :twocents: :twocents:

AZGrizFan
July 17th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Concede the conference crown, face the west (northwest) and bow to Mecca. :smiley_wi

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

SactoHornetFan
July 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I think we will be 4-4 in conf. play. UNC and NAU are wins are MSU and WSU come to Hornet Stadium and they never play well here...see MSU two years ago.

dbackjon
July 17th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I think we will be 4-4 in conf. play. UNC and NAU are wins are MSU and WSU come to Hornet Stadium and they never play well here...see MSU two years ago.

I like how you are already chalking up a "W" for NAU - since Sac St has never beaten NAU two years in a row....

catbob
July 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Sorry I'm Lutheran.

Cap'n Cat
July 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM
2000 we were 13-2 and 7-0 in the BSC.

2001 we were 14-1 and 7-0 in the BSC.

2004 we were 12-3 and 6-1 in the BSC.

Three trips to the Chattanooga in 6 years, what else would you like to ask Bob? http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

But, it's a one-team conf, Ron.....

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

SactoHornetFan
July 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I like how you are already chalking up a "W" for NAU - since Sac St has never beaten NAU two years in a row....

True, but we have won three of our last four trips to Walkup Skydome. Sorry DBackJon, but unless Souers pulls a rabbit out of his hat, its going to be another long year for the Jacks.