PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 drills

MACHIAVELLI
July 14th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Does your team conduct 7 on 7 drills during the summer? Do they involve other area college programs? THE ICON has played La. Tech (5 miles away) and NLU/ULM (35 miles away) routinely. We recently played ULM there on Wednesday and they come to us Sat or Sun. After what Bruce did to La Tech in 2005, Techs coach Jack Bicknell won't allow 7 on 7's against THE ICON. It is good to have our players working out against D1-A caliber (??) talent. We beat ULM 16-2 (TD=1 point, turn overs and stalled drives=2). All I will say is that ULM got an interception on the last series of the workout, our players intercepted ULM 3 times, our QB's threw 6 td's.

Ronbo
July 14th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah,this year we're hearing that the entire Griz team except two players have been in Missoula the entire summer working out. In case some of you don't know that is voluntary and can really help the coaches out come fall if much of the team was working together the entire summer. I'm told the two players that went home are due back this coming week. In addtion to 7 on 7's, the guys work on alot of timing drills between the QB's and the receivers. The weight training should be winding down, we have a new weight coach from Syracuse. He's got the guys lifting huge weight and I hear the linemen are 15-20 lbs heavier.

GannonFan
July 14th, 2006, 08:48 AM
UD does (and I imagine almost all programs do these days) - I don't think they involve other colleges though - could always be wrong.

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Every Monday and Wed nights, our guys come togethor for 7 on 7. Last summer UNC got togethor with Colorado State (30miles away), not sure if it happened this summer.

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 14th, 2006, 11:41 AM
We played UT last summer. I don't know if that's the case this summer.

Freightliner
July 14th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Cats were up in Austin a few weeks ago going up against UT. Dont think they have been back since.

GoBears
July 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Every Monday and Wed nights, our guys come togethor for 7 on 7. Last summer UNC got togethor with Colorado State (30miles away), not sure if it happened this summer.

Yes, they are still doing 7-on-7s with CSU this year.

LBPop
July 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Georgetown will have five this summer. Most recent was vs. Maryland and Towson is on tap for the last Saturday of July. They're fun to watch, but a 4 second clock for the QB is a lot different than a 280lb DE about to crush you. Also, it's easy to go across the middle for a pass when the worst that will happen is a two-hand touch. Still, it helps with timing and breaks up the monotony of summer workouts.

datruth4u
July 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Does your team conduct 7 on 7 drills during the summer? Do they involve other area college programs? THE ICON has played La. Tech (5 miles away) and NLU/ULM (35 miles away) routinely. We recently played ULM there on Wednesday and they come to us Sat or Sun. After what Bruce did to La Tech in 2005, Techs coach Jack Bicknell won't allow 7 on 7's against THE ICON. It is good to have our players working out against D1-A caliber (??) talent. We beat ULM 16-2 (TD=1 point, turn overs and stalled drives=2). All I will say is that ULM got an interception on the last series of the workout, our players intercepted ULM 3 times, our QB's threw 6 td's.

Not bad Gram, not bad at all..........:bow:

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, they are still doing 7-on-7s with CSU this year.

Let me know when this is going to happen, last year it was in Ft. Collins, what about this year? Would be cool to see.

TXST_CAT
July 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM

7on7 between TXST and UT has become an annual event over the last three or so years. Game location often rotates between TXST and UT.
We may not play them in the regular season but the fact they are willing to come to our house and scrimmage over the summer IMO speaks volume for the direction our program is headed.