GreatAppSt
May 26th, 2005, 03:10 PM
:) :) ASU #99 George Carr DL 6-2 315 So. Charlotte, N.C. West Charlotte

The Competition.

SHSU #99 Ed Jackson DE 6-3 240 Jr-2L LaMarque

MSU #99 Papich, Aaron DE 6-2 251 Fr Great Falls, MT/Great Falls High School

LBPop
May 26th, 2005, 03:55 PM
When I saw the title of your thread I thought you were counting down to the first game of the season. According to I-AA.org it's only 97 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes...wait, it's now only 97 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes, 32 seconds...wait.....

Hey, I'm probably as old as anyone on this board and I'm wasting time thinking about the upcoming season when I should be doing my job. Just another football sicko. :p

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2005, 05:41 PM
:) :) ASU #99 George Carr DL 6-2 315 So. Charlotte, N.C. West Charlotte

The Competition.

SHSU #99 Ed Jackson DE 6-3 240 Jr-2L LaMarque

MSU #99 Papich, Aaron DE 6-2 251 Fr Great Falls, MT/Great Falls High School

What?!?! What are you talking about? :confused: :)

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Is the number 99 a rare occurance? I still dont understand. :rolleyes: :o :(

JMU Duke Dog
May 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
JMU's #99

Kyle Zehr
Place Kicker
http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Players/2_161_Bio.asp?TeamID=2

Mr. C
May 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately for ASU, big and talented George quit the team during spring practice. The Mountaineers could have used his size inside, but he had struggles in the classroom and kind of lost heart on the field after sitting out his sophomore year.

catamount man
May 26th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Here's our #99, rising senior Rico Reese. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

http://catamountsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/reese_rico00.html

chattanoogamocs
May 27th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Ok, I admit that I have totally ripped off G.A.S. and I am doing the same thing on Mocfans this year (after losing 8 players, I need to find something "positive"). Since our 99 was one of the players (...and there are always some unassigned numbers...and I am an historian). I decided to fill in the gaps with other interesting "number" facts.

(BTW--G.A.S...I gave you full credit yesterday on Mocfans as where I got the idea...though I did not have quite all the upfront verbage you did...man, you should write contracts, your rules and disclaimers are longer than an actual list of players ;) )

Here is my "99 days"...

No number currently assigned to player.

http://www.lib.utc.edu/services/special_collections/images/scrappy.jpg

In a rebuilding year, Hall of Fame Coach A.C. "Scrappy" Moore wins his 99th game as head coach of the Mocs in a 41-6 thrashing of Louisville at Chamberlain Field on October 30th, 1953 (after beating the Cardinals 47-14 the year before).

While the Mocs only won 3 games that season, against s7 losses, they also picked up Scrappy's 100th win as coach two weeks later against Xavier (16-6).

Close games on the season included a 7-6 loss to Memphis (at home) and a 21-14 loss to Alabama (at Tuscaloosa).

Moore is the only football coach in UofC history to win more than 100 career games...though he would argue that he never won a game in his career...his players did that.

(photo: Scrappy Moore is carried after his last, 170th, win as head coach of the Chattanooga Mocs. A 51-0 win over Jacksonville State, November 18th, 1967)

WCU LawCat
May 27th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Unfortunately for ASU, big and talented George quit the team during spring practice.
The countdown hits a major SNAG in only its second day! I don't doubt that App has tallent...but I wonder about depth with the lack of signed players the last 2 or 3 years.