PDA

View Full Version : Site may have some issues for a short time over the next 24-36 hrs.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Got a message from our good friend from GSU that his site was hacked and that he and I were running the same version of this software and I heeded his experienced and well versed advice that an upgrade should happen ASAP.

I am not sure exactly what the upgrade will entail as far as any time down or anything like that but it is what it is so just roll with the punches peoples.

Seems like every couple of years the football sites start getting hacked right before the season so I am doing all I can to try and keep that from happening.

A big thanks to Paul from GSUFANS.com for taking the time to warn me. Go visit his site and say thanks if you get the chance.

I-16Bandit
August 23rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Go visit his site and say thanks if you get the chance.

But wait! :D

I sure hope AGS and GSUFans isn't down at the same time. I might actually... have to go outside!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:25 AM
But wait! :D

I sure hope AGS and GSUFans isn't down at the same time. I might actually... have to go outside!

I believe it's already over so we may be in the clear at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Well, it looks like there is gonna be some back panel adjusting to get things back to normal cuz there are some new features that are cool like the activity stream but the forum list is not showing on the main page.

Jesus Christ, I didn't need this right now...

List anything that's gone/changed that would be more useful the way it was and I'll get to it when I can.

Tribe4SF
August 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Posted pictures in 8 days thread and got only thumbnails.

eaglewraith
August 23rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
Posted pictures in 8 days thread and got only thumbnails.

Did you do them as attachments or did you use [img] tags?

ElonFirefighter
August 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Nothing make you feel like your site is important that it being hacked

AppAlum2003
August 23rd, 2012, 07:15 AM
Site was definitely hacked...

All of my rep is gone. Somebody give me some rep so I can see if it'll come back or not. It could just be a bug.

Apphole
August 23rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Woah! Reppies all stuck together

asumike83
August 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ursus: One thing I noticed is that the star link where you can click on your own posts to see if you've been repped is no longer there.

I actually like the way the new rep bars look!

ElonFirefighter
August 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
new rep shows who youve given rep as well as who rep you

Gringer1
August 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
I am not sure exactly what the upgrade will entail as far as any time down or anything like that but it is what it is so just roll with the punches peoples.

Seems like every couple of years the football sites start getting hacked right before the season so I am doing all I can to try and keep that from happening.

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/jurassic-park/ukQj2bt27htmb/

Tribe4SF
August 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Running a test of the image icon.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/15871967938868998252.jpg

Ok. You've got to uncheck the little box under the url window.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Ursus: One thing I noticed is that the star link where you can click on your own posts to see if you've been repped is no longer there.

I actually like the way the new rep bars look!
Well, I didn't notice that one last night and don't use it very often but it was handy so I'll look into and see how to fix that. Did you guys notice the post box now autosaves as well? That is very handy for me as I frequently start a post then have to do something else and come back an hour later to it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Running a test of the image icon.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/15871967938868998252.jpg

Ok. You've got to uncheck the little box under the url window.

Thank you 4sf. You may have just saved me 4-5 hrs. of frustration with Grizo trying to help him post an image. Of course he'll read this and ask how to do it again tomorrow anyway.

Grizo406
August 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you 4sf. You may have just saved me 4-5 hrs. of frustration with Grizo trying to help him post an image. Of course he'll read this and ask how to do it again tomorrow anyway.

No I won't! Because I don't think I'm gonna' talk to you anymore!

I don't like using tough love, but it this case it's a must! For convenience sake and piece of mind for me, consider yourself dead to me...until I need a refresher course in how to post pics!

You're welcome...for me not using cyber air-quotes!

dungeonjoe
August 23rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
I can't see Grizo, does that mean the site has been hacked or (insert joke here).

It's been a while Grizo; it is good to see you stay around despite the Montana-iacs abuse of you. There is therapy for that, you know!

Enjoy you time in the Carolinas!

Tribe4SF
August 24th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Image posting is messed up again. Posting a url picture using the image icon allows only thumbnails (attachments), and rejected my second pic as too large (114 KB). When I unclicked the box below the url address the ok button disappeared.

Eagle22
August 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Got a message from our good friend from GSU that his site was hacked and that he and I were running the same version of this software and I heeded his experienced and well versed advice that an upgrade should happen ASAP.

A big thanks to Paul from GSUFANS.com for taking the time to warn me. Go visit his site and say thanks if you get the chance.

Eh, no thanks necessary ... just didn't want you to have to endure the pain I just went through the last two days.

Our site is back up and cleaned up, and hopefully sometime today we'll get the clean bill of health from the Google experts ... until we have a site review performed by them, we'll still be on their 'bad' list if you are using Chrome to visit the site ... but I took the extra effort to completely offload my server and scan every file before uploading it back to the server ... I wasn't content to trust my host for a couple of reasons ... but we should be good now.

BisonBacker
August 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Eh, no thanks necessary ... just didn't want you to have to endure the pain I just went through the last two days.

Our site is back up and cleaned up, and hopefully sometime today we'll get the clean bill of health from the Google experts ... until we have a site review performed by them, we'll still be on their 'bad' list if you are using Chrome to visit the site ... but I took the extra effort to completely offload my server and scan every file before uploading it back to the server ... I wasn't content to trust my host for a couple of reasons ... but we should be good now.

I miss BisonSports.net but it's times like this that when I read these comments I don't. For those who have never put a site like this together or had to maintain it you have no idea the amount of time and work that goes into them. Its most certainly a labor of love. Thanks to those who do from me.