PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Playoff Predictions

Milktruck74
August 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
So who will represent your conference in the Playoffs this year. Remember we are expanding to 24.

I'm gonna say the SoCon gets 4.

GSU

App state

Chattanooga

and the surprise pick...... Furman.

uofmman1122
August 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
24 Teams starts next year.

This year is still 20.

Milktruck74
August 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for calling it our. I knew that didn't sound right in my head.....This year has been so bad on me, I just want to skip the rest of it. ha. I'm still going with 4 from the SoCon....

Professor Chaos
August 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Big Sky: Montana St, Eastern Washington, Montana
Big South: Stony Brook
CAA: James Madison, Old Dominion, Delaware, Towson
MEAC: Bethune-Cookman
MVFC: North Dakota St, Youngstown St, Northern Iowa
NEC: Albany
OVC: Eastern Kentucky
Patriot: Lehigh
SLC: Sam Houston St, McNeese St
SOCON: Georgia Southern, Appalachian St, Chattanooga

TheRevSFA
August 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Big Sky - Monty State, Montana, EWU
Big South - Stony Brook
CAA - JMU, Towson, ODU
MEAC - Norfolk State
MVFC - NDSU, YSu, UNI, ISUb
NEC - Duquesne
OVC - TTU
Patriot - Lehigh
SLC - Sam Houston State, SFA
Socon - Appy State, Ga South, Furman

ST_Lawson
August 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
MVFC - My guess, Youngstown State narrowly beats out NDSU for the autobid, Northern Iowa also makes it in, and Indiana State is on the bubble, depending on how other teams around the FCS are doing.
So, YSU, NDSU, UNI, and maybe ISUb.

chattownmocs
August 22nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Chattanooga, Georgia Southern, Wofford. App State is on the bubble for me. I'm starting to warm up to their receiving corps. Also, Montana is looking weaker and weaker. That could be the decisive game for them.

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Out of the CAA:

JMU (auto-bid)
UNH
Towson
Maine

skinny_uncle
August 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Knowing the nature of the meat-grinder known as the MVFC, I won't even attempt to hazard a guess.

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Knowing the nature of the meat-grinder known as the MVFC, I won't even attempt to hazard a guess.

What fun is that though?

skinny_uncle
August 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
What fun is that though?

The line is just too fine in the league. It is a case of "parity gone wild". Co-champs NDSU and UNI beat seventh place SIU by 6 and 7 respectively last year. A lucky bounce a week can make all the difference. How do you predict a league like that?

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
The line is just too fine in the league. It is a case of "parity gone wild". Co-champs NDSU and UNI beat seventh place SIU by 6 and 7 respectively last year. A lucky bounce a week can make all the difference. How do you predict a league like that?

You can't predict with complete confidence, but like you said, you just don't know. A prediction is nothing more then a guess based on any perceived facts or opinions for fun really...at least on this thread.

darell1976
August 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Big Sky:

Cal Poly
Montana State
Montana
North Dakota

Cal Poly or MSU with the conference title

LeadBolt
August 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
My prediction for William and Mary, we will fall short of the national championship.

frozennorth
August 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
big sky:
cal poly
msu
ewu
um

mvfc:
ndsu
ysu
isub
isur

UNI takes third in conference at 6-2, misses playoffs. luls had by all.

alvinkayak6
August 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Are you saying ODU doesn't make it....or just that you are not counting them as CAA.

Out of the CAA:

JMU (auto-bid)
UNH
Towson
Maine

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Are you saying ODU doesn't make it....or just that you are not counting them as CAA.

I am going on a limb and saying they won't make it.

frozennorth
August 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
I am going on a limb and saying they won't make it.

i am also on this limb

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
i am also on this limb

I also think it's crazy for people to leave UNH out of their predictions. UNH is a system...they roll QB's in and it works, plus their defense is vastly improved from 2011. Coach Mac will prove 'em all wrong! Second place finish in the CAA.

alvinkayak6
August 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
But you are saying JMU wins the conference and there are only 4 bids? I think there is a lot of respect for the CAA and 5 teams is the best bet. Remember how many top 25 teams there were last year? The fact that we are not even mentioning Delaware or William & Mary is just wild to me.

BEAR
August 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
I not sure Sam makes it this year. Why? Road games galore! 10 division I games. One against Baylor and one against Texas A&M. If they lose one on the road to an SLC team, that puts them at 7 D1 wins but with no more room for error. So walk that fine line Bearkats!

So who goes: McNeese or SFA.
Who could go: Sam or UCA.

Just my opinion.

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I not sure Sam makes it this year. Why? Road games galore! 10 division I games. One against Baylor and one against Texas A&M. If they lose one on the road to an SLC team, that puts them at 7 D1 wins but with no more room for error. So walk that fine line Bearkats!

Agree with this. SHSU has a schedule that will work against them.

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
But you are saying JMU wins the conference and there are only 4 bids? I think there is a lot of respect for the CAA and 5 teams is the best bet. Remember how many top 25 teams there were last year? The fact that we are not even mentioning Delaware or William & Mary is just wild to me.

Yeah, my prediction is a bit different then most. I think ODU will finish 5th, followed by UD & W&M somewhere in at 6/7. People have really underrated Maine. If there is a 5th bid I can see ODU getting it, but I just don't think it will pan out this year...

BEAR
August 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sam Houston Schedule
Win Sat, Sept 8 vsIncarnate Word 7
Loss Sat, Sept 15 @Baylor TBD Tickets
Win or ???? Sat, Sept 22 @Central Arkansas 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Thu, Sept 27 @Texas Southern 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Sat, Oct 6 vsStephen F. Austin* 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Sat, Oct 13 @Nicholls State 7:00 PM ET Tickets
??? Sat, Oct 20 vsMcNeese State 3:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Sat, Oct 27 @Lamar 4:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Sat, Nov 3 vsSoutheastern Louisiana 3:00 PM ET Tickets
Win Sat, Nov 10 @Northwestern State 7:00 PM ET Tickets
Loss Sat, Nov 17 @Texas A&M TBD Tickets

* Game played at neutral location.

7 road games. If they go 7-4 with that schedule they should at least get in.

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Sam Houston Schedule

If they go 7-4 that would mean 6 DI wins and they will not be getting in more than likely. Lets not forget that teams with 7 DI wins were left out this last year.

WrenFGun
August 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
I also think it's crazy for people to leave UNH out of their predictions. UNH is a system...they roll QB's in and it works, plus their defense is vastly improved from 2011. Coach Mac will prove 'em all wrong! Second place finish in the CAA.

Disagree. They are starting a QB who has ZERO FCS Snaps. I think the rest of the team is as good as it has been in some time, but QB's drive the ship. I think they can make the playoffs but there is ample reason not to select them. That said, there's probably better reason not to select, say, Delaware or JMU.

BEAR
August 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hey TwentySix, I need a sig line like yours... ;.)

WrenFGun
August 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sam Houston Schedule

7-4 in the Southland with 6DI wins? 0% chance of making the playoffs.

NHwildEcat
August 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Disagree. They are starting a QB who has ZERO FCS Snaps. I think the rest of the team is as good as it has been in some time, but QB's drive the ship. I think they can make the playoffs but there is ample reason not to select them. That said, there's probably better reason not to select, say, Delaware or JMU.

I think my bigger point is that no matter the QB, the program has shown the stabilty to handle changes at that position without a drop in production from the aspect of wins. I think the offense will be cautious until the season gets going and ease into the new guy.

BEAR
August 22nd, 2012, 02:51 PM
7-4 in the Southland with 6DI wins? 0% chance of making the playoffs.

Am I missing something? Only losses to Baylor, Texas A&M, one SLC loss...oh...wait...8-3...not 7-4...nevermind I caught my mistake...let's try that. LOL

Sammy94
August 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
8-3 and with 2 of those losses to A&M and Baylor, Kats get in.

McNeese is homecoming at Bowers so I like the chances of a win. The way I see things, if we beat UCA, McNeese, and SFA the Kats will run through the SLC undefeated again. 9-2 if they win those 3 games, so either way I think the Kats will be a playoff team.

WrenFGun
August 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
8-3 and with 2 of those losses to A&M and Baylor, Kats get in.

McNeese is homecoming at Bowers so I like the chances of a win. The way I see things, if we beat UCA, McNeese, and SFA the Kats will run through the SLC undefeated again. 9-2 if they win those 3 games, so either way I think the Kats will be a playoff team.

Oh yes, 100% yes. 7-4, no chance. 8-3, almost definitely (have to imagine you get the AQ).