PDA

View Full Version : 5 SLC players on Sports Network preseason All American squads

blackfordpu
July 12th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Five Southland Conference Players Recognized by The Sports Network as I-AA All-Americans

Northwestern State's Tory Collins named to first unit.

July 12, 2006

FRISCO, Texas - Led by Northwestern State defensive lineman Tory Collins on the first team, five Southland Conference football players have been recognized as All-Americans on the 2006 preseason squads released by The Sports Network.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071206aaa.html

JoshUCA
July 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Quick question...I know that the UCA teams are not eligible for postseason play and such, but are our individual players eligible for post season accolades such as All-American and All-Conference squads and such during our probationary period?

GeauxColonels
July 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Quick question...I know that the UCA teams are not eligible for postseason play and such, but are our individual players eligible for post season accolades such as All-American and All-Conference squads and such during our probationary period?
I would think so since the NCAA doesn't give out the individuals accolades. They come from completely independant entities.

JoshUCA
July 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I would think so since the NCAA doesn't give out the individuals accolades. They come from completely independant entities.
Good Point!