PDA

View Full Version : VMI completes 2.8Million annual fundraising

vmisport
July 12th, 2006, 05:19 PM
VMI finished the year with 2.8Million annual fundraising. This along with the 14-15Million that is being invested into the expanded and renovated football stadium reflects its commitment to football and its new coaching staff. Now we need to work on more wins.

walliver
July 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Impressive. The national champions, a major university, are celebrating reaching $1M. The six flags people cannot even reach that goal.

Does this total include any one-time drives or gifts?

vmisport
July 12th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Impressive. The national champions, a major university, are celebrating reaching $1M. The six flags people cannot even reach that goal.

Does this total include any one-time drives or gifts?
It is only annual cash gifts received during the fiscal year. Yes, now we would like to get a better W/L return on the money, but the school does graduate some very good cadets each year.

vmisport
July 12th, 2006, 06:02 PM
sorry, I may not have answered your question. This is just the typical annual fundraising, no special drives or emphasis on pledges. The school has steadily increased its annual contributions from alumni by about 10%+/year.

rokamortis
July 12th, 2006, 06:37 PM
sorry, I may not have answered your question. This is just the typical annual fundraising, no special drives or emphasis on pledges. The school has steadily increased its annual contributions from alumni by about 10%+/year.

Does the amount reflect pledges at all, or is everything in the bank?

gasoutherneagle
July 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
VMI, good job! I'm glad to see one of college football's older powerhouses getting on board and making a commitment to improve the current incarnation of Keydet football.

The six flags people cannot even reach that goal.

What? :eyebrow: Did it, done it, got the T-shirt.
http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=854

vmisport
July 12th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Does the amount reflect pledges at all, or is everything in the bank?
these are not pledges, though there are certainly contributions received in that year on pledges. The school does a phenomenal job in fundraising. The alumni are extremely loyal.

Go...gate
July 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
That is a great year-to-year fundraising job. The giving percentage of the VMI alumni body must be in the 40% range (average for most independent colleges is in the 20's).

vmisport
July 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
That is a great year-to-year fundraising job. The giving percentage of the VMI alumni body must be in the 40% range (average for most independent colleges is in the 20's).
Thanks, yes, I believe VMI giving rate is in the 40's. Not sure, but when you characterized it as "independent" college, I assume that is "private", but VMI is state-supported.

catamount man
July 12th, 2006, 09:12 PM
VMI finished the year with 2.8Million annual fundraising. This along with the 14-15Million that is being invested into the expanded and renovated football stadium reflects its commitment to football and its new coaching staff. Now we need to work on more wins.

Kudos! Hoping you guys can get back in the SoCon some day. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Green Cookie Monster
July 13th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I was on campus two weeks ago. The current construction looks great! VMI is located in a fantastic part of the country, good to see them investing in football. They were just starting the new locker rooms when I was there. Turf looked new also.

Linehawg
July 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
...the Class of '56 alumni just handed the University a $15.1 million check a few months ago. (Not sure of how much may filter into athletics). VMI's alum are probably the most loyal and open with their checkbooks on a per a per capita basis than any state school. I only hope VMI gives Coach Reid and a great new staff the flexibility and resources to actually start producing winning athletes.

vmisport
July 13th, 2006, 01:35 PM
...the Class of '56 alumni just handed the University a $15.1 million check a few months ago. (Not sure of how much may filter into athletics). VMI's alum are probably the most loyal and open with their checkbooks on a per a per capita basis than any state school. I only hope VMI gives Coach Reid and a great new staff the flexibility and resources to actually start producing winning athletes.
I understand the goal for Keydet Club for fundraising next year is 500K higher than this year, 3.25Million, so dig deep!

Umass74
July 13th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I only hope VMI gives Coach Reid and a great new staff the flexibility and resources to actually start producing winning athletes.

Reid took UMass to conference championships three of the six years he was head coach here. His reward was getting his scholarships cut.

He took Richmond to playoffs and promply got his scholarships cut.

If VMI supports Reid he will do an excellent job for you. I understand that VMI's recruiting universe is different from most schools so I don't know if VMI should be thinking about national championships, but VMI will get more competitive quickly.

rokamortis
July 13th, 2006, 02:43 PM
these are not pledges, though there are certainly contributions received in that year on pledges. The school does a phenomenal job in fundraising. The alumni are extremely loyal.

Congratulations - that is awesome.

DTSpider
July 18th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Once again the VMI number is just awesome. UR announced the athletic booster total today. $1 million is great for us as it doesn't include the new stadium drive. However, still just shows how great the folks at VMI are doing.

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/genrel/071706aaa.html