UNDColorado
August 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Well that didn't work so here is the link: http://instagram.com/p/OcRcdAtcMl/

Walkon79
August 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Those are Sweet!!

WeAreNorthDakota
August 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I think they knocked the design out of the park but is there any concern that they look too much like Portland State's home unis? Any PSU fans or Big Sky folks have any thoughts?

Walkon79
August 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
They look exactly like PSU.

dgreco
August 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
they look sharp.

mmiller_34
August 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
They look great! Top notch! Top notch!

Ginsbach
August 17th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Looks good.

I'd love to see a UND uniform with their two official colors on it, though, hahaha.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Good combo....looks good.

darell1976
August 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I love it!!!

MplsBison
August 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Well...where's the black helmet? That would complete UND's obsessive compulsive disorder with a non-school color being a mainstay component of the football uniforms.

Can't stand em. Green and white. Those are the school colors.

darell1976
August 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well...where's the black helmet? That would complete UND's obsessive compulsive disorder with a non-school color being a mainstay component of the football uniforms.

UND has had black in their unis for a while now. They had black hockey jerseys back in the 90's. Now its the football team's turn. As a Bison fan we could care less if you don't like them.

bisonwest
August 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM

I think they look pretty good. Wonder if going back to the silver helmets would good with that.

MSUBobcat
August 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Can't stand em. Green and white. Those are the school colors. Wrong. Per UND's Graphic Identity Style & Standards webpage (http://und.edu/university-relations/branding/standards.cfm), "In most contemporary applications, green, white, and black are used as the UND colors."

UND has had black in their unis for a while now. They had black hockey jerseys back in the 90's. Now its the football team's turn. As a Bison fan we could care less if you don't like them.

I have one of the black hockey jerseys. It's awesome! Their record wearing them is ridiculous (22-1-2 from 2007 to March 2011 - couldn't find anything more current).

MplsBison
August 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Wrong. Per UND's Graphic Identity Style & Standards webpage (http://und.edu/university-relations/branding/standards.cfm), "In most contemporary applications, green, white, and black are used as the UND colors."

I have one of the black hockey jerseys. It's awesome! Their record wearing them is ridiculous (22-1-2 from 2007 to March 2011 - couldn't find anything more current).

Thanks for that link, which - literally the sentence before the one you quoted - confirms that black is not a school color.

I don't care. Black shirts and pants with green helmets looks awful.

Ginsbach
August 18th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks for that link, which - literally the sentence before the one you quoted - confirms that black is not a school color.

I don't care. Black shirts and pants with green helmets looks awful.

You're wrong on another level. What's the obsession with white? Look at the heading of that paragraph: "The official colors of the University are green and pink."

MplsBison
August 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
You're wrong on another level. What's the obsession with white? Look at the heading of that paragraph: "The official colors of the University are green and pink."

Yes, I was wrong. White is not one of their official colors.

But green helmets with green shirts and white pants looks just fine.

Tod
August 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, I was wrong. White is not one of their official colors.

But green helmets with green shirts and white pants looks just fine.

Scroll down a bit more and there's a graphic showing "official" colors. They are green, pink, orange (when needed for flame) black and white.

Hammerhead
August 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
The photo of the football uniforms makes the black look more like navy blue.

I generally don't like black uniforms for teams that don't use black as a primary color, but the hockey jerseys look sharp.

http://sioux-jersey.com/communities/5/004/009/036/705/images/4557383335.jpg

MplsBison
August 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Scroll down a bit more and there's a graphic showing "official" colors. They are green, pink, orange (when needed for flame) black and white.

http://und.edu/university-relations/branding/standards.cfm

"The official colors of the University are green and pink."

jmufan999
August 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Really like it. The helmet is what makes it work. Looks awesome.

Tod
August 18th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Jesus Christ. I just gave you the colors and told you where to find them. WTF else do you need?

darell1976
August 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM

It is green and pink for academic uses only. It was chosen after the Prairie Rose (the ND State Flower). But I have a UND "black" hockey jersey with the old Indian head logo (the geometric Indian head) from around 1997. So wearing black is nothing new. UND used to have gray helmets back in the 1970's. Teams change colors it happens look at the pros, Denver, Atlanta, St. Louis.

UNDColorado
August 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Here are some more pics: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/photogallery/id/903/

dakotadan
August 19th, 2012, 12:05 AM
New uniforms, new turf, new conference and we are playoff eligible. More importantly it is looking like we have our strongest, deepest team since we started the transition. It's a good time to be a NoDak football fan.

(And it is commonly accepted that our athletic colors are kelly green, white and black.)

Twentysix
August 19th, 2012, 02:30 AM
New uniforms, new turf, new conference and we are playoff eligible. More importantly it is looking like we have our strongest, deepest team since we started the transition. It's a good time to be a NoDak football fan.

(And it is commonly accepted that our athletic colors are kelly green, white and black.)

Sure is, the team that represents North Dakota (NoDak) Just won a National Championship and is looking to start the repeat in less than two weeks.

dakotadan
August 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Sorry, I should have remembered that there can not be a single post about UND on this site without prefacing it with "all hale duh bizon."

Thanks for the input, Jan Brady. xrolleyesx

mgbison
August 19th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I do like the uni's. Its a huge improvement over the green and white ones. I'd make the black jerseys the permanent one and use the green ones as an alternative. It seems the current green ones look cheap, they seem way to baggy, or maybe its the shade of green in the current ones seem different from the 90's.

However, I don't care for UND's black hockey jerseys, but think their green ones look pretty sweet.

In regards to UND's team being deep and talented. I'm gonna reserve my judgement on that comment until you guys actually beat a good football team. As of right now, I'd say your team isn't deep or talented.

frozennorth
August 19th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Wrong. Per UND's Graphic Identity Style & Standards webpage (http://und.edu/university-relations/branding/standards.cfm), "In most contemporary applications, green, white, and black are used as the UND colors."

If UND starts using purple, then purple would then be a "contemporary application" as well. Your quote is useless.

Also, hockey sucks balls.

darell1976
August 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I do like the uni's. Its a huge improvement over the green and white ones. I'd make the black jerseys the permanent one and use the green ones as an alternative. It seems the current green ones look cheap, they seem way to baggy, or maybe its the shade of green in the current ones seem different from the 90's.

However, I don't care for UND's black hockey jerseys, but think their green ones look pretty sweet.

In regards to UND's team being deep and talented. I'm gonna reserve my judgement on that comment until you guys actually beat a good football team. As of right now, I'd say your team isn't deep or talented.

Since UND has beaten 3 ranked teams during their transition...what is your definition of a good football team?

UNDColorado
August 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I find it funny that Bizon fans, who just won it all, seem to always have to chime in; even if they have no relevance to the conversation. Jan Brady is the right call because I don't know of any group of people could be more insecure. Humorous and sad at the same time really. Fan hat aside, this is the best UND team I have seen in quite some time and I can't wait to prove you wrong.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Jesus Christ. I just gave you the colors and told you where to find them. WTF else do you need?

Apparently you aren't capable of reading your own link. I am correct.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
It is green and pink for academic uses only. It was chosen after the Prairie Rose (the ND State Flower). But I have a UND "black" hockey jersey with the old Indian head logo (the geometric Indian head) from around 1997. So wearing black is nothing new. UND used to have gray helmets back in the 1970's. Teams change colors it happens look at the pros, Denver, Atlanta, St. Louis.

I know it's nothing new. UND has had black pants with green shirts for a while.

That doesn't mean black shirts and black pants with green helmets is justified or somehow makes it un-ugly.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Here are some more pics: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/photogallery/id/903/

Still as ugly as before.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing how UND does this year in the Big Sky!

UNDColorado
August 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Still as ugly as before.

And you are still the biggest tool in the shed...

darell1976
August 19th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how UND does this year in the Big Sky!

I am sure all Bison fans are.:D

darell1976
August 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I know it's nothing new. UND has had black pants with green shirts for a while.

That doesn't mean black shirts and black pants with green helmets is justified or somehow makes it un-ugly.

Its something new. UND is now full DI members (meaning playoffs baby!!) a new conference, so its time to leave DII UND in the history books and open a new chapter called DI UND football.

darell1976
August 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I find it funny that Bizon fans, who just won it all, seem to always have to chime in; even if they have no relevance to the conversation. Jan Brady is the right call because I don't know of any group of people could be more insecure. Humorous and sad at the same time really. Fan hat aside, this is the best UND team I have seen in quite some time and I can't wait to prove you wrong.

Its cause its boring on BVille. Not enough UND fans over there to argue with. Thats why they pop up on every UND thread here and show up now in "herds" at SS.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
And you are still the biggest tool in the shed...

Mmmm....don't you know it?

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Its something new. UND is now full DI members (meaning playoffs baby!!) a new conference, so its time to leave DII UND in the history books and open a new chapter called DI UND football.

Agreed.

But the way to do that is not with ugly uniforms.

slostang
August 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Agreed.

But the way to do that is not with ugly uniforms.

That's why they are going with new very sharp looking black and green uniforms.

bojeta
August 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Those are Sweet!!

They do look good, however, I'm begining to wonder if every team in college football will someday switch to all black uniforms!!! It's really getting out of hand. Nearly every school's official colors are not only designated by name, but more specifically by Pantone code. I say stick to your true colors. The whole black uniform thing is a bit like every kid in high school wanting to dress like a gang-banger.

bojeta
August 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
The photo of the football uniforms makes the black look more like navy blue.

I generally don't like black uniforms for teams that don't use black as a primary color, but the hockey jerseys look sharp.

http://sioux-jersey.com/communities/5/004/009/036/705/images/4557383335.jpg

I have to concur with this. Those black hockey jerseys are SICK (as my students would say in a good way)!!!

bojeta
August 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM

Obviously, the pink pantone is listed for consistancy in the Sioux image's flesh tones (correction, flower as noted by Darell earlier) . Nearly every school will have black and white listed as accents. Cal Poly has black and white as well in addition to Cream for accenting in the Mustang logo. Accent/highlight colors in logos should NOT be considered "school colors"... otherwise.... UND could also bust out a RED uniform... Right???

Ginsbach
August 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Obviously, the pink pantone is listed for consistancy in the Sioux image's flesh tones (correction, flower as noted by Darell earlier) . Nearly every school will have black and white listed as accents. Cal Poly has black and white as well in addition to Cream for accenting in the Mustang logo. Accent/highlight colors in logos should NOT be considered "school colors"... otherwise.... UND could also bust out a RED uniform... Right???

No. UND's official colors are green and pink. It has nothing to do with accent colors on the Sioux logo.

bojeta
August 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
No. UND's official colors are green and pink. It has nothing to do with accent colors on the Sioux logo.

You failed to read my entire post. I corrected the point regarding pink. I stated that black and white are typical accent colors and that accent colors should not be considered "school colors".

344Johnson
August 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
That's why they are going with new very sharp looking black and green uniforms.

I don't think they are sharp looking when you take into account that black is not one of their colors. There are wayyy too many teams jumping on this bandwagon lately. Breaks my heart. Hopefully NDSU stays away from that.

Hammerhead
August 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Some better photos of the black jerseys are posted at http://www.undsports.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=472644&DB_OEM_ID=13500. I still like the kelly green better.

MSUBobcat
August 19th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I don't think they are sharp looking when you take into account that black is not one of their colors. There are wayyy too many teams jumping on this bandwagon lately. Breaks my heart. Hopefully NDSU stays away from that.

xrolleyesx Well if black isn't one of their "official" colors, and is only used in contemporary applications per the schools Graphic Identity Style and Standards, then they shouldn't use white uni's either, as white is not an official color either. Guess they should only have all green or all pink uniforms using your definition of "their colors".

bojeta
August 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
xrolleyesx Well if black isn't one of their "official" colors, and is only used in contemporary applications per the schools Graphic Identity Style and Standards, then they shouldn't use white uni's either, as white is not an official color either. Guess they should only have all green or all pink uniforms using your definition of "their colors".

Spurious argument. White is the traditional AWAY color for all teams. Its use is universally accepted.

mgbison
August 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM

I don't follow you. This is a thread on anygivensaturday about UND's uniforms. Why can't Bison fans chime in? It seems there are some that like the black uniform concept and some that don't. I think black looks sharp on teams that have white as a primary color. For example, USD, Michigan State, etc would be schools that could add black and I would like how it looks.

I added the comment about UND being talented and deep in response to something Darrell posted, so I thought it was relevant since he started the thread. I don't think a team can say they are talented and deep unless they've done something in games to prove it. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks right now, we'll know the answer in a month or so.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM

White is required by the NCAA unless both teams agree that a solid color is acceptable for both (like USC & UCLA).

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Spurious argument. White is the traditional AWAY color for all teams. Its use is universally accepted.

Total agreement.

I can't stand the black uniform fad. Although I also hate white shirts with white pants (and a white helmet just makes it worse).

No_Skill
August 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I don't follow you. This is a thread on anygivensaturday about UND's uniforms. Why can't Bison fans chime in? It seems there are some that like the black uniform concept and some that don't. I think black looks sharp on teams that have white as a primary color. For example, USD, Michigan State, etc would be schools that could add black and I would like how it looks.

I added the comment about UND being talented and deep in response to something Darrell posted, so I thought it was relevant since he started the thread. I don't think a team can say they are talented and deep unless they've done something in games to prove it. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks right now, we'll know the answer in a month or so.

What don't you follow? It's a fan attempting to insult and berate a rival fanbase while at the same time attempting to appear superior.

MSUBobcat
August 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM

White is required by the NCAA unless both teams agree that a solid color is acceptable for both (like USC & UCLA).

Holy christ, of course it was spurious - it was a tongue-in-cheek comment. It seems ridiculous to me that UND using black prompts such a whine about "but its not their official colors". xbawlingx UND has been using black in uniforms for a long time in hockey (don't know about other sports). Now the football team is too. Who cares. The thread was started to show their new uni's. Most people seem to like them. MPLS doesn't and he's never wrong so obviously they are hideous and must go.

If you are going to take my comment that seriously, I'm certain that not one hosting opponent would object to UND wearing pink instead of white so maybe MPLS can get in touch with the powers that be and DEMAND they use only official colors in their uniforms.:D

darell1976
August 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Actally UNDColorado started the thread not me, and DakotaDan brought up about the team being deep, again not me. I know you guys aren't used to so many UND fans posting on a UND thread.:D

Twentysix
August 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Actally UNDColorado started the thread not me, and DakotaDan brought up about the team being deep, again not me. I know you guys aren't used to so many UND fans posting on a UND thread.:D

The world will restore order and you will be the only sioux fan left around Oct 7.

P.s. lol @ UNDcolorado and his grey rep.

UNDColorado
August 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The world will restore order and you will be the only sioux fan left around Oct 7.

What's is a "grey" rep anyway? If you are referring to the green bars I have two after something like 40 posts; you have 8 after 2,800 posts...

UNDColorado
August 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Also please don't try to refute the fact that everytime UND is mentioned in a thread, NDSU fans come stumblng in to have their say, take, or spin on the matter. It happens every time. Example- on this very thread some Bison fans simply came in said they either like the unis or not; which is fine, that was the idea of the thread. Then someone had to start an argument about the official school colors and then **** hit the fan from there. That happened and, oddly enough, it was a Bison fan. It happens on every thread. It also happens on almost every thread on our board siouxsports.com and I am sick of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM
What's is a "grey" rep anyway? If you are referring to the green bars I have two after something like 40 posts; you have 8 after 2,800 posts...

He's referring to the fact that you may have tried to neg rep him. There's a big difference between 8 bars and 2 bars.

Here's a tutorial. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84101-REP-point-screen&p=1804726&viewfull=1#post1804726

Until you have sufficient rep you cannot rep someone and affect their score, that's why it shows up grey instead of red or green. If you did try to neg rep him, be warned neg repping is not for some you disagree with and gets returned - lots of people on here with red rep scores.

darell1976
August 20th, 2012, 08:08 AM

You mean when UND is 3-2 in DI games?

Twentysix
August 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
You mean when UND is 3-2 in DI games?

1-5 I mean. With that 1 win being over a non counter.

darell1976
August 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
1-5 I mean. With that 1 win being over a non counter.

Wishful thinking for you and most Bison fans.

MSUBobcat
August 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
And yet another UND thread degradation by NDSU fans. Starts off as topic on new unis (which some deem ugly, perfectly acceptible and on topic) to "those aren't your colors" to you'll have 1 win over a non-counter after October 7. xeyebrowx xsmhx

MSU and UM fans may harbor alot of resentment for the other team, especially in late November with the Brawl of the Wild looming, but our relationship with each other is downright cordial compared to our neighbors to the east.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
And yet another UND thread degradation by NDSU fans. Starts off as topic on new unis (which some deem ugly, perfectly acceptible and on topic) to "those aren't your colors" to you'll have 1 win over a non-counter after October 7. xeyebrowx xsmhx

MSU and UM fans may harbor alot of resentment for the other team, especially in late November with the Brawl of the Wild looming, but our relationship with each other is downright cordial compared to our neighbors to the east.

I was trying to understand why Montana St fans, of all schools - the exactly similar land grant just one state west of NDSU - was coming to the aid of UND.

But of course it makes sense, still bitter about getting throat stomped in Bozeman by the Herd and now UND is a conference member. Makes sense, carry on with your troll posts.

Hammerhead
August 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Which is why it's such a shame that two of the biggest rivals can't play each other. Before I forget:
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/048.jpg

MSUBobcat
August 20th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I was trying to understand why Montana St fans, of all schools - the exactly similar land grant just one state west of NDSU - was coming to the aid of UND.

But of course it makes sense, still bitter about getting throat stomped in Bozeman by the Herd and now UND is a conference member. Makes sense, carry on with your troll posts.

xrotatehxxrotatehx MPLS calling someone else a troll?!?!? That is rich! xlolxxlolxxlolx I've said before (numerous times) that I am a ND native, and therefore feel that gives me some license to comment on NDSU and UND topics. Being that I have ties to 2 states, both with small populations and only 2 FCS teams each, I want success for all 4 programs, except of course when they meet head to head. I wouldn't exactly call noticing that NDSU fans (usually a troll named MPLS) derail UND threads coming to their aid, but your reading comprehension (or at least memory) fails you. In one of my posts in this thread that YOU quoted, I mentioned having one of the black Sioux hockey jersey, which anyone with any ability to reason would infer that I have at least some interest in UND. This did not preclude me from rooting for the Bison to win the NC last year however, as I don't see one being mutually exclusive of the other. I just find it odd that Bison fans seem to have nothing but animosity towards UND. I understand the in-state rivalry is something (the Brawl has been going on longer and still continues), but for the most part Bobcat and Griz fans are at least civil to each other on AGS.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Which is why it's such a shame that two of the biggest rivals can't play each other. Before I forget:
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/048.jpg

I was more of a fan of this one.... :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/blowus.jpg

darell1976
August 21st, 2012, 04:15 AM
I was more of a fan of this one.... :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/blowus.jpg

Why don't you two keep the Sioux Suck shirts confined to the thread on BVille and not here on an actual UND thread. How come there are no Jacks Suck shirts or a Panthers Suck shirt, I mean some Bison fans claim they are your rival not UND. But all I see on BVille is 300 threads dedicated to UND. If that's not obsession I don't know what is.

DJKyR0
August 21st, 2012, 04:35 AM
Also please don't try to refute the fact that everytime UND is mentioned in a thread, NDSU fans come stumblng in to have their say, take, or spin on the matter. It happens every time. Example- on this very thread some Bison fans simply came in said they either like the unis or not; which is fine, that was the idea of the thread. Then someone had to start an argument about the official school colors and then **** hit the fan from there. That happened and, oddly enough, it was a Bison fan. It happens on every thread. It also happens on almost every thread on our board siouxsports.com and I am sick of it.

> implying UND fans don't do the exact same thing

Heh heh.

UNIFanSince1983
August 21st, 2012, 07:00 AM
There is so much sexual tension between the NDSU and UND fans. You just need to smash and get it over with!

BTW I love those uniforms. I don't care if it is a school color or not the green goes very well with the black. Which is another thing that UND green on the helmets is awesome.

mgbison
August 21st, 2012, 07:24 AM
1. Is Mplsbison really a bison fan. It doesn't matter if he comments on a UND thread or a thread about any other team, he's gonna take the opposite stance and waste 3 or 4 pages arguing.

2. There isn't anymore UND chatter on bisonville, than NDSU chatter on siouxsports. Both schools are gonna talk about each other because we are rivals, whether we play each other or not.

3. I was lucky enough to get a Sioux Suck shirt my freshman year in college before they started cracking down on them, but I like the Blow Us shirt. Sioux Suck just flows smoothly, whereas Jacks or Panthers suck doesn't have the same flow.

4. Back to uniform talk, UND should get white helmets like UNI is doing. I llke the all white look.

mgbison
August 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM
There is so much sexual tension between the NDSU and UND fans. You just need to smash and get it over with!

BTW I love those uniforms. I don't care if it is a school color or not the green goes very well with the black. Which is another thing that UND green on the helmets is awesome.

The green in the helmets does look cool, but it seems like UND uses many different shades of green.

UNDColorado
August 21st, 2012, 07:51 AM
The green in the helmets does look cool, but it seems like UND uses many different shades of green.

You are correct, in the past the helmets have been a darker shade of green than the jersey; which is pretty tacky imo. This year they painted the helmets a lighter shade of green (helmet in the pictures) and I like the way they have turned out as well. Helmet matching the jersey color, what a crazy concept! Anyway, it is probably tough to tell the difference unless you could find pics to compare side by side.

darell1976
August 21st, 2012, 08:12 AM
1. Is Mplsbison really a bison fan. It doesn't matter if he comments on a UND thread or a thread about any other team, he's gonna take the opposite stance and waste 3 or 4 pages arguing.

2. There isn't anymore UND chatter on bisonville, than NDSU chatter on siouxsports. Both schools are gonna talk about each other because we are rivals, whether we play each other or not.

3. I was lucky enough to get a Sioux Suck shirt my freshman year in college before they started cracking down on them, but I like the Blow Us shirt. Sioux Suck just flows smoothly, whereas Jacks or Panthers suck doesn't have the same flow.

4. Back to uniform talk, UND should get white helmets like UNI is doing. I llke the all white look.

All white?? With or without numbers on them. I think UND did that way back in the day (like 1950's or 60's) before the gray helmets. If UND went white with a green UND that could look good too.

moosbah
August 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
This is a lot of talk about a simple cosmetic uniform change.

They look decent and now trend with most of their other mens sports. Super.

Next topic.

Twentysix
August 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Why don't you two keep the Sioux Suck shirts confined to the thread on BVille and not here on an actual UND thread. How come there are no Jacks Suck shirts or a Panthers Suck shirt, I mean some Bison fans claim they are your rival not UND. But all I see on BVille is 300 threads dedicated to UND. If that's not obsession I don't know what is.

Cause for the most part we like and respect SDSU(its a sports rivalry thats it). And we hate UNI, but that doesn't mean we don't respect them(Athletically). UND can go eat dirt(Family Feud).

Their are 3 Sioux fans that don't drive me nuts and you are one of them.

moosbah
August 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM

Got a pic?

SDFS
August 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
I like the new uniforms! Look sharp - New Conference, New Field, New Uniforms - looking forward to the season..

SDFS
August 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Cause for the most part we like and respect SDSU(its a sports rivalry thats it). And we hate UNI, but that doesn't mean we don't respect them(Athletically). UND can go eat dirt(Family Feud).

that seems a bit high ... I would have said 0 or maybe 1.. but 3 - I call bull****.

darell1976
August 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM

Ahhh I'm touched.xhandshakex

BisonFan02
August 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM

Ditto, and Darell, you know my post was just some good natured ribbing as far as the shirt. I'm usually more than fair with UND on AGS, and I don't see a problem with poking a stick at UND every once in awhile. :D

darell1976
August 22nd, 2012, 01:34 AM
Ditto, and Darell, you know my post was just some good natured ribbing as far as the shirt. I'm usually more than fair with UND on AGS, and I don't see a problem with poking a stick at UND every once in awhile. :D

The shirts are creative. I don't mind some good humored ribbing but some things posted (mpls's posts about the school colors) are annoying.

UNIFanSince1983
August 22nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
Got a pic?

https://p.twimg.com/A0cvVieCEAAXmy_.jpg

Hambone
August 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM

I would love a white helmet with the green ND. I believe someone somewhere has an avatar with a white helmet and green ND. I really like the all white look (not a fan of white jersey and black pants).

Also, 26, I hope I'm in the club of 3 UND fans you don't mind....... :)

TheRevSFA
August 22nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Let me ask you something Bison fans...if NDSU came out with a black jersey, would you go nuts over it and love it, even if black isn't one of your school colors?

mgbison
August 22nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't mind the black. However, I'd hope we'd only wear it once because I don't think it would look that good. The green, gold, white and black is too many different colors. If anything I would like to have white pants, and mix and match the uniforms like Florida does.

At least with the yellow jerseys, we wear them a couple times a year now. I didn't like the yellow at first, but they have grown on me.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Let me ask you something Bison fans...if NDSU came out with a black jersey, would you go nuts over it and love it, even if black isn't one of your school colors?

Hell to the no. I love the white jersey. I'm not super crazy about the yellow jersey, I think they wore it out last year. That said, they just announced all the games they are going to wear it this year. I like it less and less every time. Looks like a god damn MEAC team.

AmsterBison
August 22nd, 2012, 08:48 AM

Ugh, I hate to admit I even visited this thread.

In the last 30 years, I can't remember NDSU ever getting excited about changes to uniforms or helmets. Based on posts on Bisonville, which only covers a fraction of that time), people seem to fall into two camps: Pissed off or indifferent. Heck, there are probably more than 500 posts complaining about a very minor change to a helmet sticker and two other logos that nobody liked when they replaced the 1972 helmet sticker (which a Grizzly fan memorably pointed out looked like a goat in a shawl.) In addition, plenty of people hated the all yellow uniforms that they trotted out last year, but apparently winning some big games in it has made them acceptable.

Personally, I figure it's football not a fashion show. Cripes, NDSU's school colors are green and yellow. Green and yellow - not a lot of those two colors in peoples' closet unless they are part of a uniform.

Do I care about UND wearing black? Nope. I only come to this thread to view the trainwreck.

BisonBacker
August 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
https://p.twimg.com/A0cvVieCEAAXmy_.jpg

I like the looks of the new helmet.
for the record on the uni's for UND I'm not a fan of the black colors and wouldn't be if NDSU did the same thing but that's just my xtwocentsx which wouldn't even get ya a cup of coffee xcoffeex. If they want to use them more power to them.

TheRevSFA
August 22nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ugh, I hate to admit I even visited this thread.

In the last 30 years, I can't remember NDSU ever getting excited about changes to uniforms or helmets. Based on posts on Bisonville, which only covers a fraction of that time), people seem to fall into two camps: Pissed off or indifferent. Heck, there are probably more than 500 posts complaining about a very minor change to a helmet sticker and two other logos that nobody liked when they replaced the 1972 helmet sticker (which a Grizzly fan memorably pointed out looked like a goat in a shawl.) In addition, plenty of people hated the all yellow uniforms that they trotted out last year, but apparently winning some big games in it has made them acceptable.

Personally, I figure it's football not a fashion show. Cripes, NDSU's school colors are green and yellow. Green and yellow - not a lot of those two colors in peoples' closet unless they are part of a uniform.

Do I care about UND wearing black? Nope. I only come to this thread to view the trainwreck.

FYI my house is green and yellow, but I have an old victorian house in a beach town so it works.

I just wanted to put out food for thought. SFA put black in it's trim, however we kept our uni's to Purple and White..not sure how I'd feel about black coming in.

It sure as hell beats the red though.

Ginsbach
August 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM

No. I would not like it at all. UND's contemporary athletic colors are green, white, and black. A black jersey works perfect for them. NDSU's contemporary athletic colors are yellow, green, and white. Adding black to the NDSU list of colors doesn't make much sense to me, as we have three colors already.

For the record, I love the yellow jerseys NDSU wore last year.

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
I would love a white helmet with the green ND. I believe someone somewhere has an avatar with a white helmet and green ND. I really like the all white look (not a fan of white jersey and black pants).

Also, 26, I hope I'm in the club of 3 UND fans you don't mind....... :)

Yes you are.

NDSU sells a fan style black jersey, its fking ugly as hell.

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2012, 08:20 PM
No. I would not like it at all. UND's contemporary athletic colors are green, white, and black. A black jersey works perfect for them. NDSU's contemporary athletic colors are yellow, green, and white. Adding black to the NDSU list of colors doesn't make much sense to me, as we have three colors already.

For the record, I love the yellow jerseys NDSU wore last year.

UND's contemporary colors didn't used to include black.

Why was it ok at that time for UND to add black to its contemporary colors but not ok for NDSU to do it now?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
UND's contemporary colors didn't used to include black.

Why was it ok at that time for UND to add black to its contemporary colors but not ok for NDSU to do it now?

Because black is trendy and stupid. Kind of like teal in the 90's. The black NDSU jersey they sell is ugly as ****. Nobody cares what colors UND has, I care what colors NDSU has and black should not be one of them.

UNIFanSince1983
August 23rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
For certain teams the black works, and I think UND is one of them. I absolutely HATED when UNI used to have black pants. I was also not a fan of the Black Out we have had twice. I am looking forward to the White Out I was not happy with the design chosen for the helmet, though. And I really think NDSU would also look bad with the black. But we must remember many people have many different views of fashion so some will hate and some will love.

darell1976
August 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
For certain teams the black works, and I think UND is one of them. I absolutely HATED when UNI used to have black pants. I was also not a fan of the Black Out we have had twice. I am looking forward to the White Out I was not happy with the design chosen for the helmet, though. And I really think NDSU would also look bad with the black. But we must remember many people have many different views of fashion so some will hate and some will love.

Ours is rumored to be during the UND-Montana game. Should be interesting.

UNDColorado
August 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
From the chatter I am hearing I would bet that we use the blacks at home for the entire year. In terms of quality and functionality the greens are garbage compared to the black unis.

darell1976
August 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
From the chatter I am hearing I would bet that we use the blacks at home for the entire year. In terms of quality and functionality the greens are garbage compared to the black unis.

I hope they use them in the SDSoM game that way people can debate if they look good on the field before the real game starts on Sept 8th.

MplsBison
August 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM

Green helmets with black shirts and black pants is god awful. I wouldn't wish it on a broke-dick dog.

MSUBobcat
August 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Green helmets with black shirts and black pants is god awful. I wouldn't wish it on a broke-dick dog.

Well since, from what I've gathered from your posts, you are yourself, in fact, a broke-dick dog, you don't want to wear these unis. Luckily, you don't play football for UND so it's a moot point.

UNDColorado
August 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM

WTF is wrong with you? Do you read what you post?

This post was geared towards the functionality, not the colors. You knew exactly what I said. Get a life, you sad little man.

MplsBison
August 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
WTF is wrong with you? Do you read what you post?

This post was geared towards the functionality, not the colors. You knew exactly what I said. Get a life, you sad little man.

You mean, these green Nike uniforms:

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/XJ/XJASLRPOKEPMFCU.20101021163008.jpg

and these white Nike uniforms:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/bismarcktribune.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/56/65692e84-dc15-11e0-9b69-001cc4c002e0/4e6c0ecfa3d24.preview-300.jpg

are less functional than these black Nike uniforms?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/media/full/jpg/2012/08/17/uniform3.jpg

BS.

In honor of the biggest and best state fair in the nation: BS on a stick.

You don't have a clue about anything related to uniforms. Please don't embarrass yourself any further.

UND uniform color rankings:

1) green shirts and white pants - classy, looks just fine with the green helmet
2) white shirts and white pants - looks acceptable with green helmet (avoids all whites)
3) green shirts and black pants - still looks good, just nonsensical in terms of the black pants

(50 feet of crap)

192308912) black shirts and black pants - god awful

UNDColorado
August 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
As I said I was talking about the functionality of the new jersey because they fit much better; clearly a different design and I am not talking about colors. The greens are all baggy in the shoulders and the players don't like them. Yet you go off on a tangent about the colors again. This is quite funny because it seems that you care a great deal about a team that you apparently despise. Closet UND fan?

darell1976
August 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
As I said I was talking about the functionality of the new jersey because they fit much better; clearly a different design and I am not talking about colors. The greens are all baggy in the shoulders and the players don't like them. Yet you go off on a tangent about the colors again. This is quite funny because it seems that you care a great deal about a team that you apparently despise. Closet UND fan?

I started thinking the same thing. You have an "NDSU" fan who is throwing every kind of fact he thinks is right on why UND (a rival school) shouldn't wear that colored uniform. Why? Who cares!!! Do you MPLS think anyone that cheers for UND, cares what you think? If NDSU got uniforms that Bison fans like and I or any UND fan said they shouldn't wear it, do you think they would take my opinion in a good way? No. Now, you said you didn't like it. Fine...now drop it. Some like it some don't, you can't please everybody but then again everybody doesn't come on here and try to change people's minds in a very idiotic way.

MplsBison
August 24th, 2012, 02:43 PM

The greens aren't baggy, are you blind? I just posted the picture. The black might be a different design, but only in the appearance. Until I see a quote in the newspaper from the equipment manager, I am not going to trust you on matters of uniform technical specs.

I do care about UND. I want them to win. Every game, actually, unless they're playing NDSU. Then I want NDSU to win. I want the state of North Dakota to win every year. I've explained this before and it's a perfectly reasonable philosophy.