PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Blog: Looking Ahead to Week #1

mmiller_34
August 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Week 1 is coming up fast. I just couldn't help myself. Enjoy.

http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/08/looking-ahead-to-week-1.html

skinny_uncle
August 16th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Only 2 weeks to go.
xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
August 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Only 2 weeks to go.
xthumbsupx

I just want it to be this weekend!! I'm losing my mind, its going to be a long 2 weeks.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Good preview.

SDSU has a chance against Kansas, IMO.

eiu1999
August 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Nice.

THE HERD
August 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
If SDSU can play a little D, they have a chance. If they play D like last year its gonna get ugly.

mmiller_34
August 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
If SDSU can play a little D, they have a chance. If they play D like last year its gonna get ugly.

They also need something called a run game. When your top rusher averages 48 yards per game, you know its a bad year. We'll see if the O-line made any progress over the offseason.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2012, 06:37 PM
They also need something called a run game. When your top rusher averages 48 yards per game, you know its a bad year. We'll see if the O-line made any progress over the offseason.

Very true. But Sumner is going to sling it around a lot this year. He'll probably go over 3K yards passing. You are right though, a running game that keeps the defenses 'honest' is a must.

If the Jacks defense can get back to the way it was in '09 then look-out.

MplsBison
August 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Week 1:

Western and Ill St should roll, both have Pioneer teams.

I don't see any blowout losses for Northern Iowa @ Wisconsin, SDSU @ Kansas, IN St @ Indiana, Youngstown @ Pittsburgh or Missouri St @ Kansas St. I'd like to see two wins from that group, but will settle for one. And yes, I do believe MSU will keep it within 3 touchdowns of KSU given that they'll rest a lot of starters after halftime (up something like 24-3).

And as for MVFC teams vs. scholarship I-AA teams, Southern vs. Eastern should be a MVFC conference game soon, I hope. I'll go with Southern for the win. NDSU will roll over Robert Morris and South Dakota will be competitive with Montana but will lose.

underdawg
August 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
SIU a Sub Par Team? You'll find out when we meet this year

MplsBison
August 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
By the way, good article!

I think it would've been just fine if said "Montana is facing some challenges already in 2012 with their starting QB, Jordan Johnson, being dismissed from the team earlier this summer."

My $0.02.

skinny_uncle
August 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
SIU a Sub Par Team? You'll find out when we meet this year

He did say "presumed".