PDA

View Full Version : Any FCS Schools on the upset list by DII or NAIA?

Gil Dobie
August 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
We have the FCS upset over FBS thread. Any upsets on the radar?

bisonnation
August 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
We have the FCS upset over FBS thread. Any upsets on the radar?

If UND was playing NAIA University Of Sioux Falls they would be on the list. Should have done the last 2 years. Are the South Dakota Mimes any good? Sorry I couldn't resist. UND will be solid this year.

Grizalltheway
August 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I'd laugh in Jalmond's virtual face if Carroll beat PSU, but it ain't gonna happen.

TheRevSFA
August 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I'm sure Lamar will get McMurried.

Tuscon
August 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Thank god, we're finally not playing any of those behemoths.

Sycamore51
August 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Valpo plays DII St. Joe's. I think St. Joe's beats them nearly every year.
Not DII but still Pioneer league, but I could see INST losing to Drake

Bearkat-Backer
August 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'm sure Lamar will get McMurried.

According to Masseys it is a coin flip.

I-16Bandit
August 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Thank god, we're finally not playing any of those behemoths.

:D :D :D

darell1976
August 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
If UND was playing NAIA University Of Sioux Falls they would be on the list. Should have done the last 2 years. Are the South Dakota Mimes any good? Sorry I couldn't resist. UND will be solid this year.

Nope...Mines isn't any good. It should be a solid blowout for UND. A good warmup for Braden Hanson and UND's air attack.

CID1990
August 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
CSU and VMI have no shot this year, so no.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 16th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Chadron St over Montana State?!?! The entire Gallatin Valley would be put on suicide watch if that happened!!

bobcathpdevil56
August 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Chadron St over Montana State?!?! The entire Gallatin Valley would be put on suicide watch if that happened!!

They dont have Danny Woodhead this time. He freakin killed us. That was a low point in my life

Seawolf97
August 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM
StonyBrook is safe. We host D2 Pace University on 9/8. Look for our bench to play early and rest our starters. We travel to Syracuse on 9/15 we need all our bodies healthy for that game.

UNH Fanboi
August 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Delaware??

melloware13
August 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM
While I expect West Chester to play a lot more "up" than even the usual game up a level for the end of the series, I don't see Delaware having any issues with them (figuring that even if any QB questions are still in the air, Andrew Pierce should be enough). That being said, I think that West Chester might be Delaware's most difficult OOC opponent this year.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
While I expect West Chester to play a lot more "up" than even the usual game up a level for the end of the series, I don't see Delaware having any issues with them (figuring that even if any QB questions are still in the air, Andrew Pierce should be enough). That being said, I think that West Chester might be Delaware's most difficult OOC opponent this year.

The reports from those who saw today's scrimmage are that Hurley is looking very good at QB, bringing a bit of the scramble back like Andy Hall had. Plus, Delaware is set to have what could be the best defense in the CAA this year. I'm sure WCU will be playing their hearts out since this is the last game in a series that goes back virtually unbroken to 1968 (the exception being the game originally scheduled for 9/15/01, for obvious reasons) but I don't see West Chester as being a serious threat.

dystopiamembrane
August 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I'd laugh in Jalmond's virtual face if Carroll beat PSU, but it ain't gonna happen.
Don't know this Jalmond fellow, but Carroll won't be a pushover in our post Kavanaugh/McCaffrey era.

TheEagleWay
August 17th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Thank god, we're finally not playing any of those club football team.

FIFY

Tuscon
August 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
FIFY

xsmileyclapx

MSUBobcat
August 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM
They dont have Danny Woodhead this time. He freakin killed us. That was a low point in my life

Ugh. My liver was angry with me following a night of heavy drinking after that game. Was hoping no one would bring that game up. xnonono2xxbangx

Don't know this Jalmond fellow, but Carroll won't be a pushover in our post Kavanaugh/McCaffrey era.

As a PSU fan who has been a member of AGS since 2006, its surprising you don't know JALMOND. He's a very classy PSU fan who starts the weekly BSC power rankings and predictions threads.

dystopiamembrane
August 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ugh. My liver was angry with me following a night of heavy drinking after that game. Was hoping no one would bring that game up. xnonono2xxbangx
Hadn't you beaten Colorado the week prior?

dystopiamembrane
August 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
As a PSU fan who has been a member of AGS since 2006, its surprising you don't know JALMOND. He's a very classy PSU fan who starts the weekly BSC power rankings and predictions threads.
Right. Thanks.

MSUBobcat
August 17th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Hadn't you beaten Colorado the week prior? If I remember correctly, Chadron went on to win the walnut and bronze that year.

Yes. It was a year of ups and downs. Beat FBS team. Lose to D-II team. Get destroyed by UC-Davis at home. Go on to make playoffs and win in first round v Furman. Lose to eventual champs ASU. Hard to know which team would show up on any given week.

MSUBobcat
August 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Right. Thanks.

No problem. xthumbsupx

jpincince
August 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I remember a couple games in back to back seasons, about oh a dozen years ago maybe, when then-D2-independent New Haven went down to Elon and played them really close twice but lost. Chris Pincince (my brother) was OC at New Haven at the time (I think, or at least QB/WR coach) and I, admittedly, had never heard of Elon; now he's OC at Elon. I don't think Elon will have similar trouble with W. Va. St. this year.

moosbah
August 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I can see Carroll College beating Portland State.

Grizalltheway
August 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I can see Carroll College beating Portland State.

Carroll is a great NAIA program, but the size and speed differential will be way too much for them to overcome, IMO.

Silenoz
August 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Team ____ over Northern Colorado...

Silenoz
August 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Looks like Davis plays Azusa Pacific. They're pretty decent, so that one wouldn't surprise me

crusader11
August 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Lock Haven over Fordham? Probably not--actually definitely not since "The Haven" is a combined 0-21 the past two years--but, recall that Assumption defeated Fordham two years ago.

JALMOND
August 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM

You can bet if they beat us, more people in Helena will be clamoring for that game with the Cats or the Griz.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Valpo plays DII St. Joe's. I think St. Joe's beats them nearly every year.
Not DII but still Pioneer league, but I could see INST losing to Drake

I'm happy to be saying this: not a friggin' chance.

Drake would finish in the middle of the Northern Sun standings.

uofmman1122
August 20th, 2012, 05:28 AM
You can bet if they beat us, more people in Helena will be clamoring for that game with the Cats or the Griz.
This is pretty much why I'm rooting for PSU. I like Carroll just fine, but holy hell my relatives would never shut up if they pulled it off. I have a cousin who is convinced Montana is scared ****less to play them, and that "Carroll consistently has 10+ guys who would start for the Griz". xrolleyesx