PDA

View Full Version : FCS Over FBS Game Predictions

penguinpower
August 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I know that we are still out a couple of weeks, but does anyone want to go out on a limb and make some predicitons on FCS "upsets" this season?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Realistically there's only a dozen or so that are possibilites.

PS, Nova scares me

Bearkat-Backer
August 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Sam Houston over Baylor on 9/15/12.

penguinpower
August 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Sam Houston over Baylor on 9/15/12.

That is going to be an interesting game, especially with Baylor breaking in a new QB.

No_Skill
August 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
If NDSU loses to Colorado State, I would be disappointed. I'm thinking 24-10 herd.

BisonBacker
August 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I know that we are still out a couple of weeks, but does anyone want to go out on a limb and make some predicitons on FCS "upsets" this season?
I think you are a little late to the party....
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?111222-FCS-vs-FBS-Week-one-potential-upsets-who-do-you-think-has-the-best-shot

344Johnson
August 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
EWU

Jiggs
August 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Samford beats Kentucky on 11/17.

penguinpower
August 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?111222-FCS-vs-FBS-Week-one-potential-upsets-who-do-you-think-has-the-best-shot

Didn't see that. Sorry about the redundancy.

lionsrking2
August 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Southeastern Louisiana over UAB is a possibility ... it's during the middle of the season so you never know what the injury situation will be at that time, but we can definitely play with them.

PAllen
August 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Lehigh over... Oh wait. Nevermind. xbangx

HailSzczur
August 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Realistically there's only a dozen or so that are possibilites.

PS, Nova scares me

Still way to young to do much more than scare Temple. Best case scenario we go into half time down 21-17 and hope no one gets injured in the 2nd half while Temple piles on.

While we finally hammered down the passing game and the WR positions is very strong, we lost our starting RB to suspension and our O-line is somewhat a patchwork affair. On D we are strong up front but Temple should be able to beat us in the air all day. I hope atleast if they do it comes through Alderman since he's from my High School

darell1976
August 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I think UND will keep it close with San Diego State, and maybe a hail mary or a trick play could give UND their first ever FBS win.

darell1976
August 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
If NDSU loses to Colorado State, I would be disappointed. I'm thinking 24-10 herd.

I don't see NDSU losing to CSU. Unless they really turned that program around. CSU is a bottom feeder of the MW (no more than 3 wins and a winning record since 2008).

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 16th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Still way to young to do much more than scare Temple. Best case scenario we go into half time down 21-17 and hope no one gets injured in the 2nd half while Temple piles on.

While we finally hammered down the passing game and the WR positions is very strong, we lost our starting RB to suspension and our O-line is somewhat a patchwork affair. On D we are strong up front but Temple should be able to beat us in the air all day. I hope atleast if they do it comes through Alderman since he's from my High School

We had a ton of turnover from last year so we will also be extremely young. I have a feeling Talley will have your guys ready to play with the belief they can win.

UNDColorado
August 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, last year was painful to watch CSu games, and CU for that matter. They do have a new coach that seems to be pointing them in the right direction and I know they are focusing on the NDSU game as it will provide a sense of how far they have come since last year (NDSU would have killed them last year). This one is 50/50 IMHO.

ElonFirefighter
August 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Calling it now Elon over UNC. Well after the final is reversed do to NCAA violations

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM

This here 100%

They will have a new offense and our defense could be better than last year. Recipe for Bison success.

The Bison offense might struggle some but the defense will keep us in the game and I fully expect a win.

GO BISON

CID1990
August 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM
If we dont turn the ball over more than once we will keep it close (within10 points) with NC State.

TSU86
August 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Towson at Kent State should be a real possibility

coover
August 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Cal Poly, 21 point underdogs to Wyoming, will surprise!

frozennorth
August 17th, 2012, 01:38 AM
EWU and NDSU are probably heavy favorites in their games.

All the others listed are strong possibilities, though i think CP v UWy is a bit of a long shot. I think ISUb pulls it out against indiana. UNI v iowa and sdsu v kansas are a pair of games to look out for.

and dare i say it:

ysu over pitt is one i really like.

Someone from the caa or socon shoudl fill us in on their games.

WrenFGun
August 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM
It's really tough to go into PITT and win, as UNH found out. Tough atmosphere.

I think UNH has at least a shot against Minnesota given what has happened previously there. I'll be making the trip and I'm hoping for a fun atmosphere ... not expecting much.

PaladinFan
August 17th, 2012, 06:57 AM
If we dont turn the ball over more than once we will keep it close (within10 points) with NC State.

Same gameplan for Furman. The Paladins generally play Clemson tough, but it'll be a blowout if Furman kicks the ball around like they did in their last visit to Death Valley.

skinny_uncle
August 17th, 2012, 08:16 AM

That thread was for Week One. I think this one is meant for the season.