PDA

View Full Version : GSU's Curry to retire see AJC link

whoanellie
August 14th, 2012, 11:45 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/08/14/legendary-curry-to-retire-after-2012-gsu-season/

the coaching carousel seems to never stop

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 14th, 2012, 11:50 PM
We don't have a coach named Bill Curry.

Tuscon
August 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2012/08/14/legendary-curry-to-retire-after-2012-gsu-season/

the coaching carousel seems to never stop

Sad to see him go. This is always an opportunity to get someone better though. Hopefully, we make a good hire for our transition to FBS.

We don't have a coach named Bill Curry.

Still on this? You have to let it go. It's an acronym that accurately describes both schools.

cbarrier90
August 15th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Hate to admit it, but loved watching him carry that Davidson team to the Elite Eight...

cannonballgsu
August 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I think it's a smart move. He came in, used his name for connections and got the program going. He has a lackluster record, so it's time to bring in someone that will win.

Don't want to sound like an ***, but he is NOT a legendary coach. He may be a great person, but not a good coach. Good coaches have winning records.

cannonballgsu
August 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
DP

Tuscon
August 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I think it's a smart move. He came in, used his name for connections and got the program going. He has a lackluster record, so it's time to bring in someone that will win.

Don't want to sound like an ***, but he is NOT a legendary coach. He may be a great person, but not a good coach. Good coaches have winning records.

While I see your point about winning records, I think you can be legendary for different reasons. He made a name for himself as a player, then moved on to coaching. While coaching, he was known as a man with integrity who helped shape young men for the future. A lot can be said about the role he played in the lives of many young people.

Also, legendary just means well known, or famous. Bill Curry is definitely well known country wide.

bluehenbillk
August 15th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Isn't he dead?

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Still on this? You have to let it go. It's an acronym that accurately describes both schools.

Agreed. I have no problem when there is no ambiguity from the thread title who the thread is about. Just being a smart-***.

As for Curry, I can't say I'm all that surprised that State has had the rough start that they have had. If the objective in hiring Curry was to just get the program in the news for a few months in 2010, mission accomplished. But his recruiting and coaching has been sub-par and IMO it will make the transition in the Sun Belt much harder.

AshevilleApp2
August 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Who? From what team?

Tuscon
August 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Agreed. I have no problem when there is no ambiguity from the thread title who the thread is about. Just being a smart-***.

As for Curry, I can't say I'm all that surprised that State has had the rough start that they have had. If the objective in hiring Curry was to just get the program in the news for a few months in 2010, mission accomplished. But his recruiting and coaching has been sub-par and IMO it will make the transition in the Sun Belt much harder.

There were a couple of hints. Curry being the big one, and the fact that it mentions an AJC link. We both know they don't cover you guys.

fc97
August 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
There were a couple of hints. Curry being the big one, and the fact that it mentions an AJC link. We both know they don't cover you guys.

have you read that rag, they dont really cover anything