PDA

View Full Version : Four BearKats on CSJ Preseason All-America

blackfordpu
August 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sam Houston State leads all teams with four players listed on the 2012 College Sports Journal NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision preseason All-America squad.

Running back Tim Flanders, safety Darnell Taylor, defensive tackle J. T. Cleveland and cornerback Dax Swanson all were named to the honor squad.

In all, all 13 leagues in FCS are represented and 61 teams - nearly half of the squads in FCS - had at least one player on the 99-player unit.

James Madison, Liberty, Maine, McNeese State, Old Dominion, Stephen F. Austin and Towson landed three players apiece on the unit.

The team was selected by a panel of FCS experts that include the co-owners of College Sports Journal, David Coulson and Chuck Burton.

College Sports Journal also publishes a postseason All-America team for FCS and released the first All-FCS Freshman squad last season, besides its work covering other NCAA sports.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=205588428

msupokes1
August 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
The article states that there are 3 players from McNeese and SFA on the list but I only count 2 each.

msupokes1
August 15th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Nevermind. I found the full article that shows all three teams.