PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State announces TV Schedule (All games televised!)

bisonnation
August 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
NDSU announced their TV deal today. All 11 games will be televised. 6 home games will be on statewide NBC and all 6 will be simalcast including 2 on Fox College Sports and 4 on ESPN3. In total - 9 games will be on statewide TV, 1 on Midco Spors, 4 on ESPN3, 2 on Fox College Sports, and another on local TV. (odds are they move it to statewide at a later date)

There will be a 30 minute pregame show in additon to the weekly Craig Bohl Football Show which will air Sunday mornings live on statewide CBS and replay Sunday Night after the news and on Midco Sports Network on Thursdays.

The radio network was expanded and now covers the entire state of ND, much of SD and Minnesota, including Minneapolis. Canada too but that's not a big deal.

The entire dome is sold out for the season including a record 12,000 season tickets.

Great news to start the season! Now the fun begins!

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205587413

darell1976
August 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Too bad the people in Fargo who has Cable One will not be watching NDSU football on ESPN3 so lucky for them its on KVLY.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
NDSU announced their TV deal today. All 11 games will be televised. 6 home games will be on statewide NBC and all 6 will be simalcast including 2 on Fox College Sports and 4 on ESPN3. In total - 9 games will be on statewide TV, 1 on Midco Spors, 4 on ESPN3, 2 on Fox College Sports, and another on local TV. (odds are they move it to statewide at a later date)

There will be a 30 minute pregame show in additon to the weekly Craig Bohl Football Show.

The radio network was expanded and now covers the entire state of ND, much of SD and Minnesota, including Minneapolis. Canada too but that's not a big deal.

The entire dome is sold out for the season including a record 12,000 season tickets.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205587413

To be fair, is there anything else to watch in North Dakota? It's not like you have any FBS competition.

Sam_Kats
August 14th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Uh oh - can of worms is now open.

bisonnation
August 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Too bad the people in Fargo who has Cable One will not be watching NDSU football on ESPN3.

If you live anywhere in North Dakota you can watch the games as they are on statewide. Although it would be cool to watch it on ESPN3 if your at work and don't have a TV. CableOne sucks.

darell1976
August 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
To be fair, is there anything else to watch in North Dakota? It's not like you have any FBS competition.

This will piss off the Notre Dame fans as they are usually on NBC.

bisonnation
August 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM

If that makes you feel better about your TV contract than feel free to criticize.

RadioFan
August 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Kinda jealous, not going to lie.

Sam_Kats
August 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
If that makes you feel better about your TV contract than feel free to criticize.

Here we go....

Are we going to keep arguing about population vs amount of competition?

moosbah
August 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Kinda jealous, not going to lie.

Not really fair for you. You have a lot more competition for football coverage.

Always enjoy watching games televised at your place. Looks like a great setting.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM

We have a TV contract? Oh that's right, Southland network.

Too bad we compete against UT, A&M, and the SEC but hey..so do others. That's great for NDSU and I hope people advertise and take advantage of it.

RadioFan
August 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Not really fair for you. You have a lot more competition for football coverage.

Always enjoy watching games televised at your place. Looks like a great setting.

Yeh, but honestly besides UNC/NCSU no one wants to watch a team from NC on TV that doesn't have connections to the school.

KBS is an amazing venue for football. I love being there and watching it on TV when I can't is always exciting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Having Lee Timmerman on the broadcast team sucks.....he is horrible.

darell1976
August 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Having Lee Timmerman on the broadcast team sucks.....he is horrible.

Who is replacing Dan Hammer?

Gil Dobie
August 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM

Re-runs of the FCS Championship game are popular. :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Who is replacing Dan Hammer?

Brian Shawn: play-by-play
Timmerman: bad choice IMO
Kevin Feeney: very good choice
Chris Berg: sideline.....he played at Stanford...Fargo South grad

I really liked having Phil Hansen and Scotty Miller.....

NDSUDude23
August 14th, 2012, 11:53 PM

Don't worry you can utilize our ESPN3 coverage and watch how real football is played while you are crying in your basement over the fact your school will never have any true support.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Don't worry you can utilize our ESPN3 coverage and watch how real football is played while you are crying in your basement over the fact your school will never have any true support.

I live on the coast of Texas, thus meaning I don't have a basement. Good try though.

SDFS
August 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM

Quick questions is ESPN3 the online computer viewing or is it a cable channel?

NHwildEcat
August 15th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Lucky you guys...I think this year there are fewer UNH games being televised then in the past 5 years...it sucks. I can't always make it out, so I like to DVR the games when I can in case I have other things going on...looks like I'll be watching some NDSU football this fall!

darell1976
August 15th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quick questions is ESPN3 the online computer viewing or is it a cable channel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN3

ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360) is an online streaming service provided by ESPN that delivers both live streams and replays of global sports events to sports fans in North America, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Middle East, New Zealand, and Europe (except Italy). In the U.S., the network is available to individuals who receive their high-speed Internet connection or cable TV subscription from an affiliated service provider.

fc97
August 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Yeh, but honestly besides UNC/NCSU no one wants to watch a team from NC on TV that doesn't have connections to the school.

KBS is an amazing venue for football. I love being there and watching it on TV when I can't is always exciting.

thats not true, people watch east carolina and wake most of the time, at least as much as unc.

RadioFan
August 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
thats not true, people watch east carolina and wake most of the time, at least as much as unc.

Wake and ECU are on TV much less than UNC. So I don't think "Most of the Time" and "At least as much" is accurate.

If ECU had more coverage I'd say the viewers would be almost on par with UNC / NCSU after a few seasons.

moosbah
August 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I personally wish there were more FCS games on tv in general. There are sooooooo many great small stadiums and great traditions and settings that we never get to see. I'm frickin over seeing Michigan hit that stupid Go Blue banner and Notre Dame get smoked on NBC every week.

BluBengal07
August 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Great news NDSU! That seems like a good package. is it for one season?

was kinda thinking the same thing after driving to the Rapid City area in South Dakota for an occasion. othen than Mt. Rushmore, things we more of the same, if any. but there might be a big difference from South and North Dakota.

The Eagle's Cliff
August 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM

was kinda thinking the same thing after driving to the Rapid City area in South Dakota for an occasion. othen than Mt. Rushmore, things we more of the same, if any. but there might be a big difference from South and North Dakota.

One state features the letters 'S' and 'U' while the other offers 'N' and 'R'. Other than that, not much difference.

darell1976
August 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
One state features the letters 'S' and 'U' while the other offers 'N' and 'R'. Other than that, not much difference.

One state has featured National Champions in sports and the other is South Dakota.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Except GSU has at least a chance to win against one.

Gil Dobie
August 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Been to Georgia, whitewater rafted the river deliverence was filmed. Went by a spot where authorities were recovering a body. Saw a few buzzards circling the class 5 rapids.

I'll take Teddy Roosevelt and Sitting Bull over Jimmy Carter and Ted Turner.

walliver
August 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Wake and ECU are on TV much less than UNC. So I don't think "Most of the Time" and "At least as much" is accurate.

If ECU had more coverage I'd say the viewers would be almost on par with UNC / NCSU after a few seasons.

For the 4 NC BCS teams, football is just something they suck at while waiting for basketball season. ECU emphasizes football because they can't compete against the ACC schools in basketball. App State and ECU are the only D-1 teams where winning seasons are not unusual, and ECU isn't even consistent with that.

Twentysix
August 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM

It's a 3 year deal.

I can't believe we dont have 600,000 people at every football game with that logic.

344Johnson
August 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM

Oil.

Hammerhead
August 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Well, there are the Minnesota Gophers on the Big 10 network. They only have one loss to South Dakota and 2 to North Dakota State in recent years. xlmaox

BluBengal07
August 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I can't believe we dont have 600,000 people at every football game with that logic.

LOL. that would be the ultimate.