PDA

View Full Version : The Conference Sound Winners

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
The winners of the 2012 Phil Steele Mags so far...

Big Sky
Grizo406-Temple of the dog

Big South
No submissions

CAA
superman7515-Dropkick Murphys

Ivy League
No entries, no winner.

MEAC
superman7515 - tied with himself so either submission.

MVFC
DJKyR0 - Disturbed
Gil Dobie - John Mellencamp
Both get a magazine because DJKyRo pulled my leg and won the contest with an entry that I did not research enough...he taught me a lesson so it's worth it.xlolx

NEC
No entries, no winner.

OVC
No entries, no winner.

Patriot League
No entries, no winner.

Pioneer League
No entries, no winner.

Southern Conference
SFA 93 - Kings Of Leon - Back Down South

Southland
Race is ongoing, it's very tight but right now SFA 93 has a slight lead over FPC.

SWAC
813Jag won this by default as there was no other entry.

Oh, and as usual, the winners will also receive a rep hit from the admin which is worth a good bundle of points.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
whats the rules on this one UAH?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
whats the rules on this one UAH?

Started a month ago and the submissions ended after a couple of weeks. Here is the original thread if you feel like reading it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?110460-CONTEST-What-Band-Song-Best-Represents-Your-Conference

TheRevSFA
August 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM
i say we redo the Southland Conference.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

Big South

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
i say we redo the Southland Conference.

It's not gonna happen. I will not reward apathy. I'm getting a little tired of asking for help on these type of things and creating polls that people just pass over and act like they don't need to be a part of it.

I wouldn't have a problem just saying "Ok, nobody likes this or cares about this and I'll move on and not put the effort into this bad idea again" but the fact that there are people griping about the outcomes they chose to take no part in guiding.

I'm not talking about you Rev because I rarely see you NOT being involved in a project, poll, etc. but your response has given me an opportunity to let any bitcher's know that this is it, this is what they made it.

I don't think anybody is more disappointed in the majority of these outcomes than I am. I actually put some work into this thing.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

Big South

Month late, and that's terrible bj, whether joking or not.xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM
lol...with Stony Brook moving to the CAA and with Liberty and CCU with eyes for other places, I figured it fit

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
lol...with Stony Brook moving to the CAA and with Liberty and CCU with eyes for other places, I figured it fit

Yeah, i got ya. I actually think someone else may have used that on the original thread but I can't remember for sure.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Month late, and that's terrible bj, whether joking or not.xlolx

This version might work for the Citadel/Southern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCiY1y3uJ3o

AmsterBison
August 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
What? I thought "Dueling Banjos" would be a shoe-in for the SoCon.

I keed, I keed. Just got to balance out the SoCon love I just handed out.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
What? I thought "Dueling Banjos" would be a shoe-in for the SoCon.

I keed, I keed. Just got to balance out the SoCon love I just handed out.

The SoCon kicked the ever loving **** out of every other conference in both quality presented and the number of people voting on their thread...and that is without the dueling banjos.

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Didnt' take my vote for Skeelo's "I wish" for the Pioneer in the original thread? :D

Originally Posted by BisonFan02
I could think of a few teams/conferences this would work for. Haters gonna hate!

Can I repost this as the Pioneer?

superman7515
August 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Big South: The Feel Good Drag by Anberlin (lead singer Stephen Christian has an MBA from Liberty)
Ivy League: Sleep Now In The Fire - Rage Against The Machine (lead guitarist Tom Morello from Harvard)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Big South: The Feel Good Drag by Anberlin (lead singer Stephen Christian has an MBA from Liberty)
Ivy League: Sleep Now In The Fire - Rage Against The Machine (lead guitarist Tom Morello from Harvard)

Fan of Tom Morello but more of his stuff outside of Rage anyway. I put this one up in the "what are you listening to " thread quite a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC20oFu-blk

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
These people should pm me the name and address that their magazines should go to:

Grizo406-I'll have it shipped to my office and you pick it up there.

superman7515 -2 magazines, can send me two addresses if you want one to go elsewhere.

DJKyR0

Gil Dobie

SFA 93

813Jag

And it looks like...

asumike83

won't know for absolute positive until tomorrow about 4:30 my time.

If you want me to get those Phil Steele mags coming as soon as they are ready to ship then get me the information.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
These people should pm me the name and address that their magazines should go to:

Grizo406-I'll have it shipped to my office and you pick it up there.

superman7515 -2 magazines, can send me two addresses if you want one to go elsewhere.

DJKyR0

Gil Dobie

SFA 93

813Jag

And it looks like...

asumike83

won't know for absolute positive until tomorrow about 4:30 my time.

If you want me to get those Phil Steele mags coming as soon as they are ready to ship then get me the information.xthumbsupx

Supe's got his magazines on the way. The rest of you, not so much.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM

Grizo406-Got address & sent to PSM

superman7515-Got address & sent to PSM
-2 magazines

DJKyR0-Got address & sent to PSM

Gil Dobie

SFA 93

813Jag

asumike83-Got address & sent to PSM

BluBengal07
August 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
yea, i was late in having a posting idea for the SWAC. didn't really understood the contest till late.
congrats to the winners.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
yea, i was late in having a posting idea for the SWAC. didn't really understood the contest till late.
congrats to the winners.

What is it you would have thrown in Blu? You may have posted it and I just can't fine it right now but I am interested in it.

BluBengal07
August 15th, 2012, 10:10 PM
na, it was already closed by the time i check into it.

813Jag
August 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM

Grizo406-Got address & sent to PSM

superman7515-Got address & sent to PSM
-2 magazines

DJKyR0-Got address & sent to PSM

Gil Dobie

SFA 93

813Jag

asumike83-Got address & sent to PSM
PM'd you the info

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Got em' all now so thanks for getting back to me guys.

Talked to them and they said the mags will be going out Tues. or Wed. of the coming week so keep an eye out for them.

asumike83
August 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Got em' all now so thanks for getting back to me guys.

Talked to them and they said the mags will be going out Tues. or Wed. of the coming week so keep an eye out for them.

Thanks ursus! xbowx

Gil Dobie
August 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mucho Grasias oso pardo!