PDA

View Full Version : Where were you treated the best as a visiting fan?

paytonlives
July 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
We seem to get on the negative enough that I thought I might turn this around.

Where did you travel to as a football fan and have the best time, treated the best and would go back in a second.

My vote goes to Chattanooga. Great fans and great city. Not because the Champ game is there, but because it was awesome and I was treated like a king. I would go back in a second and hope to do so in Dec this year!!!

Second place was Washington State- Totally respectful of Griz fans and team.

carney2
July 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I probably shouldn't be responding to this because I don't attend many away games. Having said that, I will risk ostracism from the Pard faithful and even a heart attack by saying that I am always treated well at Lehigh. There have been fights at THE Game, but they always seem to involve students and not "fans." It's as if all of us know that after these three hours of ritual warfare, we are going back into the community to resume our roles as friends and neighbors. Other than the weather (it can get ugly in Eastern PA in late November) and some of the amenities (think tailgating in the mud), I always seem to enjoy my days at Goodman Stadium.

Pard4Life
July 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I probably shouldn't be responding to this because I don't attend many away games. Having said that, I will risk ostracism from the Pard faithful and even a heart attack by saying that I am always treated well at Lehigh. There have been fights at THE Game, but they always seem to involve students and not "fans." It's as if all of us know that after these three hours of ritual warfare, we are going back into the community to resume our roles as friends and neighbors. Other than the weather (it can get ugly in Eastern PA in late November) and some of the amenities (think tailgating in the mud), I always seem to enjoy my days at Goodman Stadium.

Um, yeah, ok.. Lehigh is the place where I've been treated the worst... I've been minding my own business and have been chewed out by middle-aged people. Awful fans.

That said.. I haven't been treated "well" anywhere... I'm treated just like any other ticket holder elsewhere and sit with the Pard fans.

JMU Duke Dog
July 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM
This is from my own personal experiences.

Places with fans that were alright:
Delaware
Montana (game was in Chattanooga)
Richmond

Places with the most awful fans I have encountered:
Coastal Carolina
Virginia Tech
William & Mary

It will be interesting to see where Appalachian State fans will fall compared to fans from other schools in the past.

Pard4Life
July 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Delaware
Richmond

Coastal Carolina
Virginia Tech
William & Mary

It will be interesting to see where Appalachian State fans will fall compared to fans from other schools in the past.

Judging from what the Pard faithful experienced, they are a classy bunch of fans.

Cap'n Cat
July 7th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Georgia Southern (2005) and Montana (2004) - tie

Youngstown State (2001)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

No comments on worst.

:) :) :) :)

Ivytalk
July 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Best: Yale
Worst: Penn

OL FU
July 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Treated Well

Orangeburg (SC State)
Lexington Va (VMI)

Now that does not mean I wasn't treat ok at other places.
Just at the ones listed above I have had only postive experiences

CatFan22
July 7th, 2006, 02:28 PM
When MSU played McNeese St. in the 2002 playoffs. The hospitality was unmatched. Even some friends of mine who went said they were treated like a fellow McNeese fan.

PapaBear
July 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
If there is a more passionate, yet considerate, group of football fans in the country at any level, I'd sure like to meet them.

(Line forms at the rear, y'all.):smiley_wi

McTailGator
July 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Where did you travel to as a football fan and have the best time, treated the best and would go back in a second.

My vote goes to Chattanooga. Great fans and great city. Not because the Champ game is there, but because it was awesome and I was treated like a king. I would go back in a second and hope to do so in Dec this year!!!

Youngstown, and Texas A&M...xprost2x

OL FU
July 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
If there is a more passionate, yet considerate, group of football fans in the country at any level, I'd sure like to meet them.

(Line forms at the rear, y'all.):smiley_wi

If you count I-A, I would have to add Clemson. Now with that said, it is because Clemson football fans treat us like their little brother. :rolleyes:

Go...gate
July 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Best: Lehigh and Navy

Worst: Pennsylvania and Rutgers

LUHawker
July 7th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Best: Princeton - class tailgates
Worst: Delaware - cops were called in by UD fans to remove the fans who berated us.

Lafayette - when one is taking heat for simply being on line to use the facilities that is bad behavior

MYTAPPY
July 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Best: First game of the year 1999 season. We played at wonder Jordan Hare Stadium in Auburn. The Auburn fans were awesome to us at tailgating. They offered food and beer. The whole 9. They thought we were going to get thrashed so figured to be good to us. Little did they know we would end up only losing by six (two bad missed field goals) and have the lead at halftime.

Worst: Georgia Southern

slostang
July 7th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Best: Hands down Montana. I can not tell you how many people bought me a beer or invited me to their talegate the night before the game in down town Missoula because I was wearing a Cal Poly hat. When I went back for the playoffs, the fans were gracious and wished us well when Cal Poly won (something Cal Poly had not done in their previous nine meetings).

McNeese75
July 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
The best fans I have had the privilege of meeting while visiting were:

Nebraska (Tx A&M fans were pretty nice but not quite up to Nebraska imo)

Georgia Southern (I realize these guys have a reputation for being a pretty rough crowd but our trip there last year was wonderful. We managed to meet a few of their fans in 2003 at our place and partied with them after the game. They reciprocated last year with some wonderful tailgating and giving us a tour of Savannah in a Limo (with Ga Southern flags all over it of course). :hurray:

I realize there are plenty of other wonderful host fans but I just have not had the opportunity to visit there yet.

Worst Fans - well that is not what this thread is supposed to be about so I will pass on that. :D

Cocky
July 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Haven't been to a bad one.

I've caught a little hell a few times when we lost, but that's expected.

DTSpider
July 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
VMI and Hampton are at the top of my list. Both fans treated us very well.

MSUBear42
July 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Not 1AA, but definately at the University of Arkansas. Very friendly fans.

Worst: Kansas. Never seen a home crowd throw beer at the opposing teams' band.

Grizo406
July 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Best: Hands down Montana. I can not tell you how many people bought me a beer or invited me to their talegate the night before the game in down town Missoula because I was wearing a Cal Poly hat. When I went back for the playoffs, the fans were gracious and wished us well when won (something Cal Poly had not done in their previous nine meetings).

Thanks, slo!

Hopefully you'll find it just as good, if not better this November, regardless of the final score.

foghorn
July 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Best: Princeton - class tailgates
Worst: Delaware - cops were called in by UD fans to remove the fans who berated us.

Lafayette - when one is taking heat for simply being on line to use the facilities that is bad behavior

If the cops were called in by UD fans, how can you call them the worst? Seems to me the UD fans had enough empathy for you to try to HELP you.:confused:

The worst I and my group was treated was at Villanofun. They had a winning streak against us at the time, and were reminding us of it the whole game. Extremely arrogant!:eyebrow:

GAD
July 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Alabama A&M very nice people

SU Jag
July 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM

I agree 100%:nod:

blackfordpu
July 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Mrs. bfp and I were treated pretty well at the Texas St. game last season.

I was suprised at the treatment we got in Lake Charles last season though. I asked for directions and a guy actually laughed in my face! Kinda put a damper on the trip. The way the game went didn't help much.

dungeonjoe
July 7th, 2006, 08:10 PM
best: G-Webb, Citadel

walliver
July 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I found G-W fans and Furman fans somewhat indifferent.

My best experience was in Orangeburg against SC State. Fans were friendly, and the security guards looked the other way when they looked in my wife's purse.

rokamortis
July 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I found G-W fans and Furman fans somewhat indifferent.

My best experience was in Orangeburg against SC State. Fans were friendly, and the security guards looked the other way when they looked in my wife's purse.

She forgot to leave the gun in the car?

I agree with Gardner-Webb being indifferent - except for the lady that pointed to members of our team warming up outside of the locker room and said 'look at how tiny their guys are compared to ours, they are going to get stomped' - she was looking at the kickers.

ASU fans were cool - a few drunk students aside they were pretty nice.

The SC State fans have been the nicest so far.

colonelblitz
July 7th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Even tho Western Sucks..:) Their fans have always treated me well.:thumbsup:

WUTNDITWAA
July 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Best: First game of the year 1999 season. We played at wonder Jordan Hare Stadium in Auburn. The Auburn fans were awesome to us at tailgating. They offered food and beer. The whole 9. They thought we were going to get thrashed so figured to be good to us. Little did they know we would end up only losing by six (two bad missed field goals) and have the lead at halftime.

Worst: Georgia Southern

We left 13 points on the field that day, but you're right, they did treat us the best.

Worst: Wake Forest -- Though many years we outnumbered them.

BEAR
July 7th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Since we are both DI-AA now, I would say Presbytarian(sp?) fans and the whole atmosphere was great there. Even after we destroyed their playoff dreams 52-28 (or something like that).
Worst- North Alabama. Fans spit at the players. The security removed the fans but cups etc.. were thrown also. The town itself is actually nice though.

grizbeer
July 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
First, I think you get treated as a visiting fan to some extent depends on your sense of humor. EWU fans were very gracious in our visits there, including 2004 in a heartbreaking loss for them. MSU fans can get a bad reputation, but I had a lot of fun with them, even after the Griz lost. Oregon fans were mostly awesome, but I have a feeling if they thought the Griz were a threat it would have been a different story.

Overall I would have to go with EWU fans.

Eaglegus2
July 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
My 3 best tailgating experiences in hostile territory was:

No certain order.......Delaware, McNeese St & South Dakota State.

Worst experience: App State

soweagle
July 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM
We left 13 points on the field that day, but you're right, they did treat us the best.

I don't think I've ever cheered for ASU as much as I did that day. Wasn't this the game that was scheduled with FSU and Auburn backed out of after they fired Bowden? I seem to recall the entire country calling them cowards over not facing FSU with Bobby wanting revenge.

BigDukeDawg
July 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM

The Griz fans, players, coaches and most others were the best at the championship game, i would imagine they are the best in the country considering most everyone elses responses.

The worse is probably VT, W&M, im glad i didnt go to the coastal game being a former player of coach bennett....

BigApp
July 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Guys, as I read the first messages in this thread I thought about that game, and yes:

1) Auburn came to mind, then I read MYT's post and some others. I can't say I've ever been treated better pre-game, and ESPECIALLY post-game. There fans seemed genuinely interested in learning about Appalachian the school and the team. Never had more fun game-day experience than Jordan-Hare.

2) Hawai'i... believe it or not that is a tailgate party! VERY underrated tail gatin' goin on there! GAS, can I get a witness???

3) speaking of tailgatin'.........LSU! holy smokes! nice fans, ditto #1

4) always enjoyed going to VMI, maybe it's because they knew what was a-comin'

5) NC State...ONLY because it's the NEXT GAME!!!

4-

polyfanman
July 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I know we're talking about 1-AA fans but after going to an Oakland Raider's game all dressed in burgandy rooting for the skinsxidiotx , id have to say that every other "away" fan ive come across have treated me very nicely.

McNeeserocket
July 8th, 2006, 08:18 PM
If there is a more passionate, yet considerate, group of football fans in the country at any level, I'd sure like to meet them.i

I think that any McNeese fan who went to Nebraska in 2002 will hands down say Nebraska wins the vote. McNeese was forced to leave Lake Charles two days early as Hurricane Lilly was bearing down on the Louisiana coast and threaten Lake Charles. As a result, Lincoln opened their hearts to McNeese, making last minute hotel rooms open and finding ways to house, feed and transport over 500 team members, coaches, support staff and boosters.

Nebraska actually allowed McNeese to use one of their indoor practice fields for a couple of days and opened their weight room for the team to use while they were there (and according to Nebraska staff, McNeese was the first team other than Nebraska that had ever had access to the first rate weight room).

Fans were given personal tours of the athletic facilities on Thursday and Friday before the Saturday game. The people in Lincoln everywhere were very kind to McNeese fans and team members asking about conditions back in Louisiana where Hurricane Lilly had made landfall. Many of us fans were interviewed for t.v. spots on the news.

At the game, their fans were cordial, engaging, and even gave our team a standing ovation. I became a Nebraska fan for life because of this trip and how we were treated. After the game the Nebraska fans were nice and gave our team and fans praise. And the $450,000 for coming to Lincoln didn't hurt either!

McNeeserocket
July 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM
When MSU played McNeese St. in the 2002 playoffs. The hospitality was unmatched. Even some friends of mine who went said they were treated like a fellow McNeese fan.

I remember the Montana State Fans at that game. They were happy friendly fans who allowed McNeese to treat them as family. I have several pictures with their fans. I sure wish our schools would set up a home and away series with Montana State.

Hope your friends took advantage of the food and drink before the game in the tailgate area. We pride ourselves on our hospitality before and after the game. During the game we are all business (though stilll cordial to visiting fans). Win or lose, we continue the hospitality after the game.

McNeeserocket
July 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Mrs. bfp and I were treated pretty well at the Texas St. game last season.

I was suprised at the treatment we got in Lake Charles last season though. I asked for directions and a guy actually laughed in my face! Kinda put a damper on the trip. The way the game went didn't help much.

:nono: Man I hate to hear you were treated that way. I hope once you got to the game, someone handed you something to drink and/or food before the game if you made it to the tailgate area. Next time, let me know you are coming and I will personally make sure you are given good directions and provided the best hospitality!

catdaddy2402
July 8th, 2006, 10:19 PM
My experience with Nebraska was as a 10 year old, and as a fan of my I-A school (Clemson) but I have to agree that you'll be hard pressed to find better fans.

I have to agree with the Furman and Wofford posters with SC State, although I went to Oliver Dawson as a "SC State Fan"...the saw a white dude and thought I was a visitor. Great bunch of folks down in Orangeburg, I'd tailgate with the Bulldog fans anytime.

Again, I wasn't a visiting fan but the Citadel, Furman, and Wofford fans I met when I've been to games there were solid as well.

I hope in the near future I can get to games at Coastal and at Georgia Southern (Statesboro ain't that far) so I can compare.

blackfordpu
July 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
:nono: Man I hate to hear you were treated that way. I hope once you got to the game, someone handed you something to drink and/or food before the game if you made it to the tailgate area. Next time, let me know you are coming and I will personally make sure you are given good directions and provided the best hospitality!

We made it to the tailgate and asked directions from someone there and he is the one that laughed at us. After that I didn't really feel like doing any tailgating so we just found our seats.

GSUhooligan
July 8th, 2006, 10:54 PM
so by my count, we have 2 votes for best and one vote for worst. So that avreages out to be; we're not as mean as people make us out to be (namely App St fans).

McNeeserocket
July 8th, 2006, 11:03 PM
We made it to the tailgate and asked directions from someone there and he is the one that laughed at us. After that I didn't really feel like doing any tailgating so we just found our seats.

Well then, accept my apology for whoever was rude to you. I hate that is the lasting impression you have of McNeese hospitality, because I do not feel it is representative of McNeese.

I am officially extending my sincere offer to you to make sure you are treated in the manner in which all of McNeese guests should be treated. So in 2007, please send me a message, via this website or to my email, and let me know how I can meet up with you, and those with you, so that I and my real McNeese friends can make sure you are treated to our real tailgate hospitality.

blackfordpu
July 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well then, accept my apology for whoever was rude to you. I hate that is the lasting impression you have of McNeese hospitality, because I do not feel it is representative of McNeese.

I am officially extending my sincere offer to you to make sure you are treated in the manner in which all of McNeese guests should be treated. So in 2007, please send me a messagevia this website or to my email and let me know how I can meet up with you, and those with you, so that I and my real McNeese friends can make sure you are treated to our real tailgate hospitality.

well thank you and I will do that. however, i hope we can meet up in huntsville this season when the Cowboys travel to Bowers to face the Kats. :nod:

golionsgo
July 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I haven't been on all the road trips since bringing back football in 2003, but of the places I've been, McNeese and Gardner-Webb are the two friendliest. I'll reserve thoughts on the worst for a smack thread.

blukeys
July 9th, 2006, 12:23 AM
If the cops were called in by UD fans, how can you call them the worst? Seems to me the UD fans had enough empathy for you to try to HELP you.:confused:

The worst I and my group was treated was at Villanofun. They had a winning streak against us at the time, and were reminding us of it the whole game. Extremely arrogant!:eyebrow:

I'm with the fogman on this one. It was Delaware fans who came to the aid of a visiting fan. I have done this my self. Many other Delaware fans have no problem standing up to their own when they see that the sportsmanship line has been crossed. Delaware also responds QUICKLY to expel the offenders. Yes we have very passionate fans some unfortunately will go over the top but we, both the fans and security, deal effectively with the issue. We don't make excuses and we do our best not to have visitors abused.

In terms of the best places I have been treated, I have had nothing but great experiences at UMass. The typical Umass fan (who actually attends the home games) is loyal and knowledgeable and very respectful regarding the UD program. They don't get to the games early and tailgate but will accept a beer and honestly discuss their views of how the game will turn out. It is not a Southeren tailgate but they are very nice.

The worst is Nova. They will steal anything not tied down or put away. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

July 9th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Definitely treated the best at McNeese State. Many others were very good too... but I am not a visiting fan.

McNeeserocket
July 9th, 2006, 01:44 AM
well thank you and I will do that. however, i hope we can meet up in huntsville this season when the Cowboys travel to Bowers to face the Kats. :nod:

We have a date (of sorts) as I will definetly be at the Sam Houston - McNeese game this year in Huntsviille (unless my untimely demise takes place prior to that game). I have not missed a game at home or away since 2000. It is a record I hope to continue for years to come. Of course we have one major booster here that has not missed a game (home or away) since some time in the early 70s. I am unsure what the total is now, but back in 2002, it was 300 plus!

McNeeserocket
July 9th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Definitely treated the best at McNeese State. Many others were very good too... but I am not a visiting fan.

Well then Ralph, give McNeese a chance this year to out do ourselves and make your second visit even better!!!

We enjoyed having you last time. If you come on November 18th, I can almost assure you it will be at least 30 degrees cooler (might be 60 degrees cooler) than when you came in 2004 that very hot humid September day! McNeese Tailgate areas will be alive with gumbos and every other type of Cajun food all for the asking price of a smile!

Brad82
July 9th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Delaware=class.

ISUMatt
July 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
UNI!!!

Jag4Life
July 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Alcorn State has nice people!

AZGrizFan
July 10th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I go up to Flagstaff for the UM/NAU game every other year, and the fans are great....course, they're usually gone by the middle of the 3rd quarter....seriously, pre-game tailgating is a big mish-mash, and they're very generous with their beer! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking very much forward to when UM finally goes down to Cal Poly, so I can make the drive....we need some payback! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Engineer91
July 10th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I have not been to too many of the places that many people are talking about but out of the places I have been ...

Best: Furman

Worst: Penn

McNeese72
July 10th, 2006, 11:26 AM

You need to come back and see us again, Ralph. Even though I think you might be a jinx. That 2004 SLU game was the start of our downswing. :)

As far as me, I've had many good trips. I-AA, I'd say we were treated the best on our 2002 trip to YSU. After that, on the trips I've made, GSU. The Texas St. Bobcatfans.com guys are really great. Their students have a lot to learn about what is over the top as far as heckling goes.

I-A, I'd have to say Nebraska with Texas A&M a close second.

Doc

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.com/images/slu04tgralph.jpg

89Hen
July 10th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I-AA Best: JMU, perhaps because last time I was there they had the second best tailgaiting in the A10.

I-AA Worst: Towson, not really treated badly, but too many drunk foul-mouthed students in the lots and stands IMO. Not cool with kids present. Plus, they need better trash containers in the lots, pig sty coming out of the game.

I-A Best: Navy, classy fans.

I-A Worst: easily Maryland. Sorry LBPop, your alma mater is an embarassment to our state when it comes to rude, drunk students/fans. They even topped the horrible fans from WVU. :nonono2:

Cap'n Cat
July 10th, 2006, 11:43 AM
UNI!!!

Oh, you're nice, Matt. Make sure you're there this November.

:) :)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 10th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I-AA Best: JMU, perhaps because last time I was there they had the second best tailgaiting in the A10.

I-AA Worst: Towson, not really treated badly, but too many drunk foul-mouthed students in the lots and stands IMO. Not cool with kids present. Plus, they need better trash containers in the lots, pig sty coming out of the game.

I-A Best: Navy, classy fans.

I-A Worst: easily Maryland. Sorry LBPop, your alma mater is an embarassment to our state when it comes to rude, drunk students/fans. They even topped the horrible fans from WVU. :nonono2:

Maryland is what scares me about what JMU could become. A lot of students come from the DC/Maryland area. We have copied their "Hey - you suck!" cheer with a JMU twist to it, which gets overdone at games IMO. (I get bashed by other JMU fans all the time for complaining about it!) It is also somewhat funny that they put the "Away" section at a game right next to the student section - Brilliant! Anyway, I hope we can continue to put on a great tailgate. We certainly have a venue worth checking out, not to mention plenty of hot women patrolling around the campus.

So far in my experience:

Best: UD - was almost late due to traffic issues and ran up to a random tent where they treated me to plenty of alcohol and even some eats!

Lehigh - Nice atmosphere. The band made me laugh :D They try hard though!

Worst: W&M - our rivalry seems to thicken by the year.

Also, a lot of JMU posters said VT was bad. I never got that impression. I even got a few complements from the fans saying how hard we played them despite the lopsided score (back in Vick days - '99)

OT: LSU fans were not so nice away from home. At Virginia Tech they completely ran their foul mouths and acted arrogant. It was great to see them drive home in despair after a crushing loss. I'll chock it up to SEC dreams of superiority.

SunCoastBlueHen
July 10th, 2006, 12:41 PM
If you count I-A, I would have to add Clemson. Now with that said, it is because Clemson football fans treat us like their little brother. :rolleyes:

I have been to a couple Clemson games and I think it is safe to say that most of the people attending the games are NOT alums. The majority of the crowd looked more like they were ready for a truck and tractor pull than a football game.

The people we met were very nice people, they just didn't have all their teeth.

OL FU
July 10th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I have been to a couple Clemson games and I think it is safe to say that most of the people attending the games are NOT alums. The majority of the crowd looked more like they were ready for a truck and tractor pull than a football game.

The people we met were very nice people, they just didn't have all their teeth. and just to think there are 80,000 of them sombitches:eek:

Clemson is the geographically located school of choice for most upstate South Cackolackies(sp)

CatFan22
July 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM
I remember the Montana State Fans at that game. They were happy friendly fans who allowed McNeese to treat them as family. I have several pictures with their fans. I sure wish our schools would set up a home and away series with Montana State.

Hope your friends took advantage of the food and drink before the game in the tailgate area. We pride ourselves on our hospitality before and after the game. During the game we are all business (though stilll cordial to visiting fans). Win or lose, we continue the hospitality after the game.

The food an drink were taken well adventage of. Everywhere they went they said they were offered something. I would love to see a home and home or something with them.

bluehenbillk
July 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Best: Navy

IMO, if you can come right out & say you had bad fan experiences somewhere, I'd guess 9 times out of 10 you were part of the problem.

That'd being said, I've never had a problem with a Villanova fan (they're hard to find at times) but they're definitely the most arrogant. Lehigh is a close 2nd.

LUHawker
July 10th, 2006, 01:56 PM

I didn't say that Delaware had the worst fans; I was responding to the question, where was I treated the worst. If even UD fans have to call in the cops, that should be an indication of how poorly we were treated. Your comment is more akin to: let me beat you down and then show you how much empathy we have by subsequently helping you get up.

Cap'n Cat
July 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Best: Navy

IMO, if you can come right out & say you had bad fan experiences somewhere, I'd guess 9 times out of 10 you were part of the problem.

That could be, Bill, and it's an interesting observation, but I'm guessing the percent is much, much smaller.

More often than not, all a visitor has to do is show up near a stadium and the ********* starts, as was the case in two playoff games last year for me. Met plenty of nice people at one place. The other place can fall off the face of the earth, for all I care.

Drunken 18 and 19-year olds is the big problem. The inability to handle loss is another. Disrespect for the opponent is another. Combine all three and you're just waiting for that clock to wind down.

And, virtually no school is with out sin, even mine. But, it's a matter of degree........

JMU Duke Dog
July 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Maryland is what scares me about what JMU could become. A lot of students come from the DC/Maryland area. We have copied their "Hey - you suck!" cheer with a JMU twist to it, which gets overdone at games IMO. (I get bashed by other JMU fans all the time for complaining about it!) It is also somewhat funny that they put the "Away" section at a game right next to the student section - Brilliant! Anyway, I hope we can continue to put on a great tailgate. We certainly have a venue worth checking out, not to mention plenty of hot women patrolling around the campus.

Worst: W&M - our rivalry seems to thicken by the year.

Also, a lot of JMU posters said VT was bad. I never got that impression. I even got a few complements from the fans saying how hard we played them despite the lopsided score (back in Vick days - '99)

I agree with you on our own fans and W&M fans; however, I had a much different experience at VT when JMU played in Blacksburg in 2003. Their fans were flat out nasty throwing objects at me and my parents! Some VT fans got right in my face and cussed me out before the game even started! VT fans have no class at all!

McNeese72
July 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM
The food an drink were taken well adventage of. Everywhere they went they said they were offered something. I would love to see a home and home or something with them.

One of the great things before the game that I saw occurred as described below.

Our Band's Drumline usually came out to the Westside Reserved Tailgate Area and performed. While they were performing, the Montana St. cheerleaders (?) jumped in and performed a dance routine with them.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/msu02tgdrumline4.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/msu02tgdrumlinedance.jpg

Doc

SunCoastBlueHen
July 10th, 2006, 03:39 PM
One of the great things before the game that I saw occurred as described below.

Our Band's Drumline usually came out to the Westside Reserved Tailgate Area and performed. While they were performing, the Montana St. cheerleaders (?) jumped in and performed a dance routine with them.

That is cool - but why are the band members showing more skin than the cheerleaders? :p

McNeese72
July 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
That is cool - but why are the band members showing more skin than the cheerleaders? :p

The Band full uniforms are hot. And down here in November it still can be pretty warm. Plus, while they perform there has been women stick money in various parts of their uniforms.

Doc

Doc

Tribe4SF
July 10th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Last year I was treated like a king at both Marshall and Northeastern. Delaware fans are always great.

galojay
July 10th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Best: Auburn - extremely nice folks down there

Worst: McNeese State at the 2002 Championship game

blackfordpu
July 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM

What was so bad about it?

GAD
July 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM

Care to explain

The McNeese part

RadMann
July 10th, 2006, 08:31 PM
The best fans were definitely found at the USNA in Annapolis (and I was able to meet Roger Staubach as well). Have not really had a bad experience although the Princeton band was really poor when UD played them back when I was a kid.

McNeese75
July 10th, 2006, 08:57 PM
xidiotx I would like to hear about the McNeese thing as well. The only thing possibly that could have been bad for WKU fans that day was simply their lack of butts in the seats. There sure were not THAT many around for the pregame tailgating.

HENJOHN
July 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
BEST Experiences--------- JMU and Montana

Worst----------- Villanova (hands down), W & Mary

lambertjr
July 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Monroe, La. NE. La. hosting LaTech back in '85.
I was wearing my Bulldog jersey,hat and had a pennant sticking out of the top of my hat walking from the drink stand, carrying 7 sodas, back to my seat when a Indians fan offered to help me out.
Little things go a long way.

Tech lost 12-14 if I remember correctly

rcny46
July 10th, 2006, 10:41 PM
That could be, Bill, and it's an interesting observation, but I'm guessing the percent is much, much smaller.

More often than not, all a visitor has to do is show up near a stadium and the ********* starts, as was the case in two playoff games last year for me. Met plenty of nice people at one place. The other place can fall off the face of the earth, for all I care.

Drunken 18 and 19-year olds is the big problem. The inability to handle loss is another. Disrespect for the opponent is another. Combine all three and you're just waiting for that clock to wind down.

And, virtually no school is with out sin, even mine. But, it's a matter of degree........

I hope the nice fans you mentioned were encountered in Durham.I know you ran into a few(at least) knuckleheads on the day of the game,and though it's over and done with,I apologize for their behavior.

EKU05
July 10th, 2006, 10:53 PM
We were treated very well as visiting fans at 1A Central Michigan a few years back..despite the fact that we ended up sitting basically in their students section and screaming obnoxiousley. The Chips came from way down to clip my Colonels 42-41...the winning extra point coming at 0:15. We were invited to a frat party after the game but had to decline because we had to immediately get started on the 8 and a half hour drive back to Richmond. We were also treated very well at Tennessee Tech.

Western Kentucky's fans were NASTY, but that's how a rivalry should be...and I know we don't treat them any better when they come to Roy Kidd stadium. We had objects thrown at us through most of the first half, as well as verbal insults. I did have one shining moment when I simultaneously shut up about 5 hundred people with a comment about "Big Red" that would only be appropriate on the smack board.

In Boone, NC for the App State game two years ago we had a middle-aged woman give us the finger, but we were driving around town with a bed-sheet sized "E" flag on my buddy's jeep.

ngineer
July 10th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I haven't really had a bad experience as an away fan. Even at Lafayette. Most of the problems at The Game is between the students. Last year's game at Delaware I had no problems and had some nice conversations with some UD people who gave us some 'props' afterward (although the UD students in the endzone with the obscene chant merely made themselves look bad).
Worst example of home fans treating visiting fans is Penn. Crude, lewd, and drunk. No class. They act the same for wrestling, as well.
Fordham, last year was decent, though since the game was a blowout early, there wasn't any real juice going on. Since everyone sits on the same side of the field, the close proximity can cause some problems.

Grizo406
July 11th, 2006, 04:01 AM

I'll take the road less traveled here, and say BS on that, Cap'n.

You've stood on hollowed ground, in your Car Heartt jump suit, in Washington/Grizzly Stadium, you POS, and have the balls to say that no school is with out sin?

Be thankful that the holy site, the Vatican/Mecca of I-AA football still welcomes you.;)

SoCon48
July 11th, 2006, 07:06 AM

Went to probably 20 of the 21 games vs Wake. Never had a single problem with any of the Deac fans.

SoCon48
July 11th, 2006, 07:10 AM

Delaware
Richmond

Coastal Carolina
Virginia Tech
William & Mary

Probably about like Virginia Tech and Coastal since you lost to both of them, too.

galojay
July 11th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Care to explain

The McNeese part

At the tailgating pavillion across from the field half of the pavillion was supposed to be for WKU fans but the McNeese fans would not move and when asked were very rude and some vulgar. Some tried to pick a fight.

I just wasn't impressed. Don't like being cussed at and ridiculed.

But it's ok.... they were very quiet and humbled after the game!

bodoyle
July 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by JMU Duke Dog

Delaware
Richmond

Coastal Carolina
Virginia Tech
William & Mary

JMU: I have spoken to other JMU fans and they had no problem at all with us. As a matter of fact most spoke highly of us. Did something happen??

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Well considering 3 guys tried to pick fights with me on my way out of the last Bison-Sioux game, the bar was set pretty low for my first foray to a Dakota Marker game against SDSU but they were much more gracious after beating us than the folks in Grand Forks.

Then again, Jim's Tap and George's Pizza will soothe any heartache:thumbsup:

Cap'n Cat
July 11th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I'll take the road less traveled here, and say BS on that, Cap'n.

You've stood on hollowed ground, in your Car Heartt jump suit, in Washington/Grizzly Stadium, you POS, and have the balls to say that no school is with out sin?

Be thankful that the holy site, the Vatican/Mecca of I-AA football still welcomes you.;)

Hey, you!!!!!! I did say "virtually"!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Could go for a grzfnz/ButteMike cookout again!!!!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

U Of Montana people:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

TheRiver
July 11th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Best and worst was at McNeese, I guess it just who your next to, all schools are like this. One year was great, great people and food, the next time my little brother 16 at the time was triped by a kid walking up the stairs to go get a drink, And just about started a fight.

:eyebrow:

TheValleyRaider
July 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Holy Cross fans were a nice group to talk to after last year, and while I don't remember much interaction with Lehigh fans at Lehigh, there was some friendly banter at tailgating last year in Hamilton between them and us.

Didn't interact with UMass fans too much, just a bunch of students who probably wouldn't even have been at the game had it not started at 6, which let them drink for longer beforehand. Annoying group.

Worst fans were probably FAU in 2003, with lots of guys in UF and FSU gear walking by us saying how Colgate sucked as we pounded their team.

Clarkson hockey fans also get a special place at the bottom of the list as well.

Kill'em
July 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM
The best place I visited was South Carolina State. These are some really nice people and we were treated really well, unlike that overgrown community college in Athens.

JMU Duke Dog
July 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Probably about like Virginia Tech and Coastal since you lost to both of them, too.

:nono:

I am talking about events that occured before the kickoffs for both of those games.

JMU Duke Dog
July 11th, 2006, 11:19 AM
JMU: I have spoken to other JMU fans and they had no problem at all with us. As a matter of fact most spoke highly of us. Did something happen??

I think that the three of us JMU students that made the long drive south were just tailgating in the wrong area due to one of my friends having a friend at Coastal Carolina. I knew you all would be psyched about playing the defending national champions, but I should have realized that wearing purple makes one easily stand out in an area full of drunk students from the opposing school which can lead to certain things.

McNeeserocket
July 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
At the tailgating pavillion across from the field half of the pavillion was supposed to be for WKU fans but the McNeese fans would not move and when asked were very rude and some vulgar. Some tried to pick a fight.

:eyebrow: Well, I must say this is the very first time I have ever heard this complaint. I am very sorry that some McNeese fans were rude to you and others. I sincerely believe that is the exception and not the rule. And while it may be true McNeese had a lot of the Pavillion marked off for tailgating and food distribution, I don't recall that the right side (right side if facing the front of the Pavillion) was used by the McNeese fans, but I could be wrong. I know this, not one fan of either team was turned away from the free food given out by the McNeese Alumni Association which provided Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, hot dogs, boudin, sausage, chili and much more. I remember visiting with a lot of WKU fans under that pavillion and they were all complementary of our free food and beverages. I believe what you say, as you seem most unhappy, but I remember being told that space was alotted by the "Powers that Be" at the Championship Game. Perhaps McNeese had more space because they arranged for more space a head of time. As McNeese easily outnumbered WKU fans 2 to 1, it may be that your administration and clubs did not arrange ahead of time for space under the paviallion. Whatever the case may be, it still would not excuse rude and antaganistic behavior from any McNeese fans and for that I am truely sorry.

If our teams ever play another home and home series, please notify me if you are coming to Lake Charles and I will personally make sure you are treated in the fashion that really exhibits our desired hospitality to our visiting fans! I will make sure you have all the foods and drinks you could ever want or think of and make sure you have plenty of nice cordial conversation with our true fans! :thumbsup:

As to the last part of your statement about how McNeese fans were queit and humble after the game, you are correct. WKU played a great game and desired to win that day. Your team represented your school and fans that day and were true Champions in every way.

OL FU
July 11th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I think that the three of us JMU students that made the long drive south were just tailgating in the wrong area due to one of my friends having a friend at Coastal Carolina. I knew you all would be psyched about playing the defending national champions, but I should have realized that wearing purple makes one easily stand out in an area full of drunk students from the opposing school which can lead to certain things.

I have found that wearing purple to stadiums other than your own can be a real problem:nod: '

cept Cullowhee:smiley_wi

McNeese75
July 11th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Sorry you had a bad experience but quite truthfully, you did not bring enough fans to fill half that pavillion. If that was a bad experiece for you it tells me something about how well you probably followed your team before they reached that game

Irregardless, I did meet some of the Topper tailgaters and they were very nice people. The game was pretty one-sided and although quiet and dissapointed that the Pokes did not show up that night, I certainly was not humbled after that game. Everything clicked for WKU that night but we had already seen how things can go the other way the first meeting of that year. The best team won, That night!

DUPFLFan
July 11th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I go to almost all Drake away games and can reall say that we were treated well in each case except for Illinois State in 2005.

Their fans and band on the Drake side of the field threw things and yelled inappropriate things at the team.

No other place we have been did anything close to it..

Made me happy that my son turned down ISU to go to Drake.

henfan
July 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
From my experience, Youngstown State fans were a pretty terrific bunch. JMU has a hospitable crowd as well, if you stay away from the knuckledheaded students. Hofstra folks have always treated us Blue Hens well.

Though the crowds are typically sparse in New England, I found the fans up there to be very friendly. If you attend games at UMaine, UNH, Rhody, UMass or NU, you're usually dealing with the hardcores. IMO, New Englanders are generally the nicest people on God's green earth. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get to Lake Charles someday.

Cap'n Cat
July 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I go to almost all Drake away games and can reall say that we were treated well in each case except for Illinois State in 2005.

Their fans and band on the Drake side of the field threw things and yelled inappropriate things at the team.

DU - ILSU is full of malcontents and low grade criminal types from the Chicago suburbs who could not get into Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Marquette, Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa. Try to forgive them.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:p :p :p :p :p

JMU Duke Dog
July 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
JMU has a hospitable crowd as well, if you stay away from the knuckledheaded students.

Hopefully our students will be better in 2006 than in 2005! There has been debate amongst JMU people on what behavior is appropriate and what is not appropriate at college football games.

galojay
July 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
You may be right. My issue was early when WKU fans started arriving. In the end, yes, we got our space in the pavillion, but early we had to fight to get the space that was supposed to be ours. When we arrived (I was one of the first) McNeese took over the entire pavillion.

But like another poster said, it just depends on who you're around. Every school has GREAT fans and EVERY school has some fans they wish they didn't have to claim!

It's all good.

:eyebrow: Well, I must say this is the very first time I have ever heard this complaint. I am very sorry that some McNeese fans were rude to you and others. I sincerely believe that is the exception and not the rule. And while it may be true McNeese had a lot of the Pavillion marked off for tailgating and food distribution, I don't recall that the right side (right side if facing the front of the Pavillion) was used by the McNeese fans, but I could be wrong. I know this, not one fan of either team was turned away from the free food given out by the McNeese Alumni Association which provided Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, hot dogs, boudin, sausage, chili and much more. I remember visiting with a lot of WKU fans under that pavillion and they were all complementary of our free food and beverages. I believe what you say, as you seem most unhappy, but I remember being told that space was alotted by the "Powers that Be" at the Championship Game. Perhaps McNeese had more space because they arranged for more space a head of time. As McNeese easily outnumbered WKU fans 2 to 1, it may be that your administration and clubs did not arrange ahead of time for space under the paviallion. Whatever the case may be, it still would not excuse rude and antaganistic behavior from any McNeese fans and for that I am truely sorry.

If our teams ever play another home and home series, please notify me if you are coming to Lake Charles and I will personally make sure you are treated in the fashion that really exhibits our desired hospitality to our visiting fans! I will make sure you have all the foods and drinks you could ever want or think of and make sure you have plenty of nice cordial conversation with our true fans! :thumbsup:

As to the last part of your statement about how McNeese fans were queit and humble after the game, you are correct. WKU played a great game and desired to win that day. Your team represented your school and fans that day and were true Champions in every way.

galojay
July 11th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by that, but I follow my team quite well and have for a long time. Maybe for you it wasn't a bad experience, but being cussed at and someone trying to pick a fight with me, I consider a bad experience.

You're right the best team won that night. Obviously your team wasn't as interested in winning a National Championship as WKU was.

Sorry you had a bad experience but quite truthfully, you
did not bring enough fans to fill half that pavillion. If that was a bad experiece for you it tells me something about how well you probably followed your team before they reached that game

Irregardless, I did meet some of the Topper tailgaters and they were very nice people. The game was pretty one-sided and although quiet and dissapointed that the Pokes did not show up that night, I certainly was not humbled after that game. Everything clicked for WKU that night but we had already seen how things can go the other way the first meeting of that year. The best team won, That night!

Fordham
July 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I've never had a problem at any of the schools I've seen, although none really stand out. It's all been pretty good overall imo, but part of that could be because that with the exception of 2 - 3 years under Coach Clawson we never really played like a team that was considered much of a threat or inspired much passion among opposing fans/students.

Thus, to take a slight twist on the question raised here: what opposing fans have been the classiest and/or most passionate when visiting your campus? For me, the Lehigh fans stand out the most. They always have a good crowd, they've shown nice respect on campus but also showed alot of passion for their kids. Given that they faced us when were so down last year, I believe they actually outnumbered us and certainly were louder than us in the Bronx this past year (although the second thing may have been b/c there wasn't too much to cheer about on our part).

ISUMatt
July 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM

The band is pretty brutal...many an opponent complains about them

McNeese75
July 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Not sure what you mean by that, but I follow my team quite well and have for a long time. Maybe for you it wasn't a bad experience, but being cussed at and someone trying to pick a fight with me, I consider a bad experience.

You're right the best team won that night. Obviously your team wasn't as interested in winning a National Championship as WKU was.

Did you make it to the game in Lake Charles that year? Did you have a bad experience here???

Did you make the semi-final game in Stateboro? How were you treated there?

Good luck in 2006!

I hope we sign another home and home with WKU sometime in the future. I enjoyed the trip to BG in 2001.

bluedog
July 12th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Without a doubt they're tops in my book righ next to SU fans. :smiley_wi :bow:

DUPFLFan
July 12th, 2006, 08:52 AM
The band is pretty brutal...many an opponent complains about them

I would hope that the school would put a stop to that but the Band Director and other ISU officials were near by and said nothing.:nono:

July 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience but quite truthfully, you did not bring enough fans to fill half that pavillion. If that was a bad experiece for you it tells me something about how well you probably followed your team before they reached that game...Everyone involved was disappointed at the low turnout of WKU fans but I can tell you from experience that galojay is a devout Hilltopper fan and follower. He went out of his way when I visited WKU to treat me right (he even mailed me one of those red towels afterwards!).

McNeese75
July 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Everyone involved was disappointed at the low turnout of WKU fans but I can tell you from experience that galojay is a devout Hilltopper fan and follower. He went out of his way when I visited WKU to treat me right (he even mailed me one of those red towels afterwards!).

Nuff said :thumbsup:

galojay
July 12th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Did you make it to the game in Lake Charles that year? Did you have a bad experience here???

Did you make the semi-final game in Stateboro? How were you treated there?

Good luck in 2006!

I hope we sign another home and home with WKU sometime in the future. I enjoyed the trip to BG in 2001.

No, I did not make it to Lake Charles. I'm sorry you don't like that I listed my experience with McNeese fans as one of my worst. What does Statesboro have to do with it? Don't worry i don't generalize fan bases like lots of people. As I said before, and others have said, each school has some very classy fans and each school has some not-so-classy ones. I met a couple McNeese fans after the game at Cracker Barrel and they were very nice.

As for the attendance by WKU. Let it be said that WKU was not a favorite going into the tournament. McNeese was. I'd say many McNeese fans had that December date circled and scheduled since pre-season. I doubt many if any WKU fans did. We beat Georgia Southern on Saturday and the Championship game was on FRIDAY night (I think the first year they did that?). Many just couldn't make arrangements fast enough to get down there. And I'll admit, WKU is not a "football school" but a basketball school. That said, I agree, every WKU fan that could be there, should have been. Not often you play for a National Championship.

Ralph, now that you've got a Red Towel and have practiced waving it, you need to come back to Bowling Green after the Stadium renovations (provided we are still I-AA) and join the Red Towel waving fans! Maybe you can get in town early enough for some tailgaiting!

Eaglegus2
July 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM
The more I think about it the madder I get at my experience in Lake Charles.:( :mad: :mad:

I ate bodane (sp) and loved it. Had shrimp, crawfish, and chicken.

I am mad as hell that I missed out on that tailgate with all of those ribs.:nod: Even ate turtle..................:D

Damn!!!! We need another game with McNeese. I believe I missed out on a lot of good food and missed a lot of good people.

Those I did come in contact with helped every Georgia Southern fan feel at home.

I am still mad. I believe it will be hard for me to get over this.:smiley_wi :bawling:

McNeese72
July 12th, 2006, 02:58 PM
The more I think about it the madder I get at my experience in Lake Charles.:( :mad: :mad:

I am mad as hell that I missed out on that tailgate with all of those ribs.:nod: Even ate turtle..................:D

Damn!!!! We need another game with McNeese. I believe I missed out on a lot of good food and missed a lot of good people.

Those I did come in contact with helped every Georgia Southern fan feel at home.

I am still mad. I believe it will be hard for me to get over this.:smiley_wi :bawling:

Hey, don't forget the Frosty Factory across the street from the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area. Even though its second story was blown off by Hurricane Rita and it wasn't open for what little home football season we had last year, it was back in business for baseball season.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/nsu05tgffr.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/bnsu106ff.jpg

Doc

McNeese72
July 12th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Oh, and for future reference it is spelled Boudin.

Doc

henfan
July 12th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Hopefully our students will be better in 2006 than in 2005! There has been debate amongst JMU people on what behavior is appropriate and what is not appropriate at college football games.

UD students have room for improvement in that area also. Don't want to be remiss in mentioning that.

That said, UD's student section takes up an entire end zone, an area segregated from visiting fans. At JMU, visiting fans are seated directly next to the students. The seating arrangement is something that JMU should look at.

I will say that JMU traditionally has one of the best turnouts of students of any I-AA stadium I've visited. The students are enthusiastic and tend to be involved in the game, which is fantastic. These are future alums who'll likely be boosters long into the future.

I just don't appreciate having my kid subjected to a torrent of four letter explatives on our way to the restroom. There's no room for that kind of boorish behavior, whether in Harrisonburg, Newark or wherever. Fortunately, the vast majority of JMU folks more than make up for it with their hospitality.:thumbsup: I always look forward to our trips to H'burg.

Appalachian
July 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Best experience at an away game by far, Montana, courteous fans and an awesome stadium.

July 13th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Best experience at an away game by far, Montana, courteous fans and an awesome stadium.Looks like App St fans have not experienced their team at the generally regarded best I-AA venues besides conference foes...

McNeese St 0
Delaware 0
Youngstown St 0
UNI 0
Southern 0
Jackson St 0
Grambling 0
Montana 1

Freightliner
July 14th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I would hope that the school would put a stop to that but the Band Director and other ISU officials were near by and said nothing.:nono:

Funny,

We were up @ ISU and the players & staff thought the band was pretty entertaining. :)

Course we did win the game too. :thumbsup:

umassfan
July 15th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Well Ive been to three away games that come to mind right away. Delaware, Del St, and Colgate...

Delaware was fun even though I had to walk out of the stadium with body paint on after a double ot loss.

Del St... Do they have fans?

Colgate... Didnt run into many fans there only because there was a blizzard and most stayed on the home side.