PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Video From First Practice

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLzsMBnxm4&feature=player_embedded

Colvin is an absolute house!!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
"We want people on our schedule to fear Lehigh." Man, I like that line a lot. xthumbsupx

ngineer
August 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Colvin is a heady guy and has great physical skills. He just has to execute. If Kurfis and Soto-Fernandez take it up a notch, along with Haggins at TE, Spadola could have a monster year as I see a stronger running game that opposing defenses will have to respect.

carney2
August 10th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Very interesti...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

van
August 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Very interesti...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You'll be interested in late November!

ngineer
August 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
You'll be interested in late November!

Possibly not. Like last year, Leopard fans will be streaming out at halftime.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Possibly not. Like last year, Leopard fans will be streaming out at halftime.

I think this years game will be much more interesting than last November's edition. Lafayette will be better. How much better? Time will tell...I expect a fight like 2010...

LUHawker
August 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I think this years game will be much more interesting than last November's edition. Lafayette will be better. How much better? Time will tell...I expect a fight like 2010...

Why? Lafayette has shown nothing the last couple of years. If it is more of a game this year, it would be because LU isnt as good. The LC faithful are banking on Shoop, but I dont think he has the cast around him.

RichH2
August 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Shoop will put up big numbers. If Pards can find an OL.Like all PL teams there are holes. Pards lack of depth or speed on D will limit them. Some real nice skill on O but not much outside speed. I too expect a much more competitive game.We have our own gaps to fill.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Just saw on the Lehigh board the Hawks got a 2* OL that was also offered by Temple. This likely won't be the last time a PL school gets a Big East type recruit.

carney2
August 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Just saw on the Lehigh board the Hawks got a 2* OL that was also offered by Temple.

Actually, you can make the case that this kid grades out even higher:

Rivals = 2 star
Scout = 3 star
ESPN = Listed, no stars

Pard4Life
August 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
"We want people on our schedule to fear Lehigh." Man, I like that line a lot. xthumbsupx

True, who would want to get infected by brown stains?

Pard4Life
August 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLzsMBnxm4&feature=player_embedded

Colvin is an absolute house!!

You left out the Lehigh classroom instructional session:

http://www.marketingshift.com/images/mshift/football-for-dummies.jpg

RichH2
August 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
P4L LMFAO . You must be channeling Bogie. Of course would be more apt if Pards could actually field a football team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Why? Lafayette has shown nothing the last couple of years. If it is more of a game this year, it would be because LU isnt as good. The LC faithful are banking on Shoop, but I dont think he has the cast around him.

It's hard to blowout a rival, especially two years in a row when the second attempt is on the oppositions homefield. I'm fairly confident Lehigh can hold down the fort for one more year. With that said, the Pards will stem the tide here before too long. My guess is Lafayette ends the "streak" next year.

carney2
August 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
It's hard to blowout a rival, especially two years in a row when the second attempt is on the oppositions homefield. I'm fairly confident Lehigh can hold down the fort for one more year. With that said, the Pards will stem the tide here before too long. My guess is Lafayette ends the "streak" next year.

Alas, probably true. Last year the Pards were in over their heads, but a disconcerting side issue is the fact that they just didn't show up. They phoned it in. That was the 4th time it happened in 2011 and is, in my opinion, their biggest problem going into 2012. Tavani has to put a stop to it or face the fact that he, like his predecessor, is just hanging around collecting a check.

RichH2
August 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Coaches due seem to be going after attitude per today'sCall. PL talent levels not much different. Real belief that you will win almost as important as a good qb. Takes yrs to build again.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM

Change occurs must faster than we usually anticipate.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Alas, probably true. Last year the Pards were in over their heads, but a disconcerting side issue is the fact that they just didn't show up. They phoned it in. That was the 4th time it happened in 2011 and is, in my opinion, their biggest problem going into 2012. Tavani has to put a stop to it or face the fact that he, like his predecessor, is just hanging around collecting a check.

I don't know carney... I only think the Harvard games and Lehigh were a problem of "giving up." They were both better than us, but the trend is there... if the other team is better, and one thing goes wrong, we gave up.

Bucknell was just overwhelming and we were not mentally tough enough for the weather, but we were fighting.

We have some new blood and leadership, so let's hope we have kids that play a full 60. Like Frank alluded to in one of the article, pride passion purpose seems to have gotten lost.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM
P4L LMFAO . You must be channeling Bogie. Of course would be more apt if Pards could actually field a football team.

We have a great football team... solid strikers, goal scorers, and a young core of defenders.

RichH2
August 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Well said.

carney2
August 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I don't know carney... I only think the Harvard games and Lehigh were a problem of "giving up." They were both better than us, but the trend is there... if the other team is better, and one thing goes wrong, we gave up.

Bucknell was just overwhelming and we were not mentally tough enough for the weather, but we were fighting.

We have some new blood and leadership, so let's hope we have kids that play a full 60. Like Frank alluded to in one of the article, pride passion purpose seems to have gotten lost.

We've had this discussion before and have agreed to disagree. In my opinion, the following games were mailed in for 2011: the first half of the Georgetown game, Harvard, Bucknell (where an inferior team ran us out of our own stadium and we allowed a fairly average running back to masquerade as the second coming of Herschel Walker), and Lehigh. Add the 2010 Harvard debacle and, really, three of the last four Lehigh games to this and it is a trend that is mind boggling. This is totally on Tavani. Even one of these this year and my conclusion is that he has outlived his usefulness. He's either in charge or he isn't. If he isn't he should be prevented from cashing further pay checks. To not show up against your ancient and bitter rival is way beyond unforgivable.

ngineer
August 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Not too long ago, wasn't Frank given a multi-year contract wherein he said he expected to retire at LC? Seems to me another season like last year's, could result in regime change. Otherwise, a 'pervasive' attitude begins to sink in. Also, with LC now looking for a new Prez, will this have any impact on how much patience there would be?

ngineer
August 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
We've had this discussion before and have agreed to disagree. In my opinion, the following games were mailed in for 2011: the first half of the Georgetown game, Harvard, Bucknell (where an inferior team ran us out of our own stadium and we allowed a fairly average running back to masquerade as the second coming of Herschel Walker), and Lehigh. Add the 2010 Harvard debacle and, really, three of the last four Lehigh games to this and it is a trend that is mind boggling. This is totally on Tavani. Even one of these this year and my conclusion is that he has outlived his usefulness. He's either in charge or he isn't. If he isn't he should be prevented from cashing further pay checks. To not show up against your ancient and bitter rival is way beyond unforgivable.

I remember a few years back when Lehigh literally got blown out of Goodman by Holy Cross in one of the most embarrassing losses in the last 40 years. AD Sterrett left the press box and was down on the sideline, not only with "the stare", but assessing matters first hand. I think that may have been a watershed moment for Coen and his program. It didn't change overnight, but the 'mail it in' attitude was confronted head on. Of course, Coen was only in his second year at the time, and maybe the same approach cannot be taken with someone who has become somewhat of an 'institution', but if I were LC's AD and saw a repeat of such attitude again, this year, I'd be down on the sideline sending a message.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Tavani is not going anywhere.

carney2
August 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM
[/B]
Not too long ago, wasn't Frank given a multi-year contract wherein he said he expected to retire at LC? Seems to me another season like last year's, could result in regime change.

There will not be "regime change" at Lafayette. Terminating a coach would send the wrong message. Ain't gonna happen. The women's basketball coach was terminated a few years ago, but it took literally a decade of profound incompetence to get to that point. IF (a big word that IF) Frank Tavani does indeed get worn down and beaten down by the decidedly anti-athletics Lafayette administration and faculty, and IF he becomes his predecessor, showing up on Saturdays in the fall just to collect a pay check, the best that the suffering fans can hope for is that he calls it quits after the current contract expires.

Frank has, in my opinion, shown a decided reduction in his old fire and brimstone over the past 4 or 5 years and has become the good soldier, trumpeting the party line at every opportunity. In his defense however, he has had to deal with a lot. At the top of the list was the administration's decision to reduce his equivalencies by 25-30%. If you had to point to a single factor that has led to the Pards' fall from grace, this would probably be it. At one critical position - OL - the cupboard went completely bare and the team is still trying to climb out of that hole.

So, one of the big questions in Pardville over the next two seasons will be whether the abundance of no show games is the result of Frank losing his grip, or is merely a bunch of 20 year olds who have been decidedly outmanned week after week caving under the relentless weight. We shall see what scholarships make of the mess at Lafayette, but you must bear in mind that "fire the coach" ain't gonna happen in an environment where the unwritten orders from the top are "don't win too much."

RichH2
August 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Isn't Fein supplying the fire and brimstone at camp?

Andy
August 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
There will not be "regime change" at Lafayette. Terminating a coach would send the wrong message. Ain't gonna happen. The women's basketball coach was terminated a few years ago, but it took literally a decade of profound incompetence to get to that point. IF (a big word that IF) Frank Tavani does indeed get worn down and beaten down by the decidedly anti-athletics Lafayette administration and faculty, and IF he becomes his predecessor, showing up on Saturdays in the fall just to collect a pay check, the best that the suffering fans can hope for is that he calls it quits after the current contract expires.

Frank has, in my opinion, shown a decided reduction in his old fire and brimstone over the past 4 or 5 years and has become the good soldier, trumpeting the party line at every opportunity. In his defense however, he has had to deal with a lot. At the top of the list was the administration's decision to reduce his equivalencies by 25-30%. If you had to point to a single factor that has led to the Pards' fall from grace, this would probably be it. At one critical position - OL - the cupboard went completely bare and the team is still trying to climb out of that hole.

So, one of the big questions in Pardville over the next two seasons will be whether the abundance of no show games is the result of Frank losing his grip, or is merely a bunch of 20 year olds who have been decidedly outmanned week after week caving under the relentless weight. We shall see what scholarships make of the mess at Lafayette, but you must bear in mind that "fire the coach" ain't gonna happen in an environment where the unwritten orders from the top are "don't win too much."

Hogwash. Tavani's termination isn't being remotely considered because it isn't warranted. In the five seasons preceding the two years of budget cuts Lafayette was 22-8 in the league with 3 championships.

Tavani is the one who went public with the fact that the administration (in response to a 30% stock market related drop in the endowment) cut his scholarship equivalents by 16. He has "trumpeted the party line" since getting assurance that the
situation would be rectified, a process that began three recruiting classes ago.

With the economic playing field leveled again the Pards will be just fine, thanks, and sooner than many think.

carney2
August 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hogwash. Tavani's termination isn't being remotely considered

I think that's what I said in my response to a Squawk who stated that "Seems to me another season like last year's, could result in regime change."