PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State Unveil New Uniforms

mmiller_34
August 9th, 2012, 10:53 AM
New direction for the Jackrabbit look. What do you guys think?

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=205572430

I like them much better now that I've seen them all together. That leaked photo earlier this summer did not give it justice.

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Not a fan....

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
They would look better if they were in the garbage, doused with gasoline, and engulfed in flames.xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
August 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I don't see anything wrong with them particularly. What I don't understand is why do all these teams think they need to have different uniforms every damned year? What happened to tradition?

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'd dump the all Blues.

Don't think the blue helmet, white shirt, yellow pants combo looks particularly good either. The other two should be good.

Might I suggest a blue helmet, yellow shirt, blue pants option?

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Not a fan....

Shocker! xeekx xrolleyesx

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see anything wrong with them particularly. What I don't understand is why do all these teams think they need to have different uniforms every damned year? What happened to tradition?

I can't speak for everyone, but we switched from Nike to Under Armor

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I like the video.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM

It has been sold to Nike and Under Armour

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Everyone wants the Nike Pro Combat look...

UNDColorado
August 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I think they look pretty good, well done!

darell1976
August 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I think they look good.

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Shocker! xeekx xrolleyesx

Something about the sleeve/shoulder area.

Too much going on in a small area....

Less is more to an extent.

darell1976
August 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Something about the sleeve/shoulder area.

Too much going on in a small area....

Less is more to an extent.

You are talking about cheerleader uniforms right.xsmiley_wix

Hammerhead
August 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM
They look OK to me except for the all blue. I think the yellow pants look better with the white jerseys as well, but blue is alright.

ValleyChamp
August 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Old one's were way better.

WeAreNorthDakota
August 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Never a fan of using 3 different colors for helmet, jersey, and pants so I don't think the blue helmet, white jersey, yellow pants will be a great combo but I really like the other 3.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Never a fan of using 3 different colors for helmet, jersey, and pants so I don't think the blue helmet, white jersey, yellow pants will be a great combo but I really like the other 3.

Not a fan of three different or all the same. Both are tacky.

Also don't like helmet and shirt to be the same, but not as bad.

The ideal is the helmet and the pants the same color, shirt contrasting.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
These may be the ugliest uniforms in the Nation... Wow. It looks like some 8 year old kid won a contest on Playstation and we chose his design.

I just hope our team plays better than we're gonna look.

WeAreNorthDakota
August 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM

I think the sticking to tradition only applies to schools with truly iconic uniforms. Not the case for SDSU or any FCS schools I can think of off the top of my head. When it comes to tradition, I wouldn't touch USC, Alabama, Penn State, or Notre Dame. I'm incredibly upset that Adidas decided to do an alternate jersey for my beloved Huskers. That game against Wisconsin is gonna have me wanting to scratch my eyes out.

WeAreNorthDakota
August 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Not a fan of three different or all the same. Both are tacky.

Also don't like helmet and shirt to be the same, but not as bad.

The ideal is the helmet and the pants the same color, shirt contrasting.

I agree that pants and helmet matching is ideal but I also think all one color can work. I like Texas in all white and the Ravens in all black, personally.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I agree that pants and helmet matching is ideal but I also think all one color can work. I like Texas in all white and the Ravens in all black, personally.

I hate all whites. They should be banned.

All blacks are just as tacky.

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rumor had it that UNI will be using a storm trooper look at home vs illinois state this year....white helmet, white road uni, white home pants....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
It's not good when even Jack Rabbit Fans don't like the jersey...

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Rumor had it that UNI will be using a storm trooper look at home vs illinois state this year....white helmet, white road uni, white home pants....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Are they actually calling it the "Storm Trooper" look? It would be funny if the coach or QB was dressed in all black. LOL

ValleyChamp
August 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Its been rumored that Mark Farley is in fact the real Darth Vader.

Ginsbach
August 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not a fan.

I especially don't like the fact that it just says "State" on the jersey considering that North Dakota State, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Missouri State are all in the conference as well.

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Are they actually calling it the "Storm Trooper" look? It would be funny if the coach or QB was dressed in all black. LOL

I've just always called the the white on white on white "Storm Trooper"

Here is UNI with white pants and white top (purple helmet)....imagine it with a white hemlet with the UNI logo

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tirrell-Rennie.jpg

http://www.winterinkphotography.com/UNIFootball2010/content/images/large/Tiller_JeromeUNI2010FB20506.jpg

http://www.winterinkphotography.com/UNIFootball2010/content/images/large/McDonough_JakeUNI2010FB20644.jpg

http://www.winterinkphotography.com/UNIFootball2010/content/images/large/Capello_JamesUNI2010FB20709.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/starwars/images/b/b5/Stormtrooper_armour.jpg

Oddly enough, after that game Farley swore off white on white every again because of how we played.....not that we played bad just WAY to many TO's

msupokes1
August 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I like the color scheme but I am not a fan of the "State" on the front of the jersey.

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Our uniforms usually say STATE on them. Last year's did.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/XG/XGFTHPCLMDFEHXG.20120524184451.jpg

Basketball

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/QJ/QJWYDBVICXLIOOB.20111214211652.jpg

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/SA/SAALXEKMKEJWDAT.20101130153437.jpg

It work for us. xnodx

Catbooster
August 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Since you've been using state, I can see why SDSU fans wouldn't mind it, but add me to those who aren't wild about the state on the front. It'd be ok if it was at least "SD State"

Generally, I like simple, traditional uniforms. These are fine IMO - not great, not crappy.

Our uniforms usually say STATE on them. Last year's did.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/SA/SAALXEKMKEJWDAT.20101130153437.jpg

It work for us. xnodx
And I think maybe one of the silliest things in uniforms is the basketball shorts like these. Looks like they're wearing skirts to me.

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
That uniform style is a generic Nike style that probably HUNDREDS schools across the nation (D1-JUCO) use.

Catbooster
August 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I know they're common, but that doesn't change my opinion of them.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM
They're trying to copy the thing that Michigan State does with just "State" on the uni.

Mich St I believe was the original "State" and was the school that the stand alone land grants were modeled after, Ag and Mechanical.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I like the new threads.

Look good.

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
They're trying to copy the thing that Michigan State does with just "State" on the uni.

Mich St I believe was the original "State" and was the school that the stand alone land grants were modeled after, Ag and Mechanical.

Whoa slow down there hoss. Our basketball jerseys have had the word STATE on them since 1919. True story. xnodx

344Johnson
August 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I think the new jerseys are fine. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 9th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I think the sticking to tradition only applies to schools with truly iconic uniforms. Not the case for SDSU or any FCS schools I can think of off the top of my head. When it comes to tradition, I wouldn't touch USC, Alabama, Penn State, or Notre Dame. I'm incredibly upset that Adidas decided to do an alternate jersey for my beloved Huskers. That game against Wisconsin is gonna have me wanting to scratch my eyes out.

PSU is supposedly throwing away decades of tradition this year and adding names to the back of the uniforms, tacky.

http://www.businessinsider.com/penn-states-iconic-football-uniforms-will-soon-be-history-2012-7

Sycamore51
August 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM
They don't look bad, but I thought your old ones, a little more simple, were some of the best around

JSUBison
August 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
FB uniforms look fine. The only problem I see with SDSU's uniforms is that they have black basketball jersey's.

344Johnson
August 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
PSU is supposedly throwing away decades of tradition this year and adding names to the back of the uniforms, tacky.

http://www.businessinsider.com/penn-states-iconic-football-uniforms-will-soon-be-history-2012-7

I love the old school penn state look. names aren't a big deal i guess.

joeybrownerhof
August 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Whoa slow down there hoss. Our basketball jerseys have had the word STATE on them since 1919. True story. xnodx

I know you are saying this with tongue in cheek but not true.

MR. CHICKEN
August 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
16613......EMBLAZEN DUH SHIRTS WHIFF NAMES.....WHO GONNAH NEED UH PROGRAM....KISS DUH PROGRAM CONCESSION DUCATS...ADIOS....xnodx....AWK!!

clenz
August 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM

While not likely....I guess it's possible

The university was founded on February 21, 1881 as Dakota Agriculture College. The first building, with funding from the territorial legislature, was built in 1883, six years before the State of South Dakota was incorporated. Numerous expansions were funded in the late 19th century and early 20th century. The name was changed in 1904 to South Dakota State College of Agricultural and Mechanic Arts. In 1964, the name was changed to South Dakota State University, reflecting the more comprehensive education offered at the university.

Although during the 1918-1919 season SDSU didn't play a game....trying to find photos of SDSU basketball circa 1919 sucks....

Although I did find this photo in last seasons BB media guide from the 64-65 team....jerseys didn't say State....the said SDSU....

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/NewPicture-5.jpg

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM

No seriously. The 1919 team's jerseys have STATE on them. I have seen the picture in the 1919 yearbook. Over the years there have been times when there was nothing on the jerseys, there was also a time when the school was trying to change its name from South Dakota State College to South Dakota State University that we used SDSC and then SDSU on the jerseys (it was a political thing - our friends at USD didn't want the State to allow it), and for awhile they had Jacks written on them. But the majority of the time since 1919 the jerseys have had STATE on them. True story. xnodx

Bottom line we are not trying to copy Michigan State.

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
While not likely....I guess it's possible

The university was founded on February 21, 1881 as Dakota Agriculture College. The first building, with funding from the territorial legislature, was built in 1883, six years before the State of South Dakota was incorporated. Numerous expansions were funded in the late 19th century and early 20th century. The name was changed in 1904 to South Dakota State College of Agricultural and Mechanic Arts. In 1964, the name was changed to South Dakota State University, reflecting the more comprehensive education offered at the university.

Although during the 1918-1919 season SDSU didn't play a game....trying to find photos of SDSU basketball circa 1919 sucks....

Although I did find this photo in last seasons BB media guide from the 64-65 team....jerseys didn't say State....the said SDSU....

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/NewPicture-5.jpg

That is SDSC we became SDSU in 1964.

McNeese75
August 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but we switched from Nike to Under Armor

xthumbsupx I approve xnodx

89rabbit
August 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Another fun video

http://www.gojacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=12007&id=942008

frozennorth
August 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
i think they are fine

UNIFanSince1983
August 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I really don't mind them. I am really not a fan of what UA does with unis most of the time. These kind of remind me of San Jose State though.

MplsBison
August 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I really don't mind them. I am really not a fan of what UA does with unis most of the time. These kind of remind me of San Jose State though.

Yeah...they usually ad some kind of odd geometric shapes in almost random places...I guess to make each uniform a unique design?

BisonHype!
August 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I love the old school penn state look. names aren't a big deal i guess.

Penn State Uniforms...prally a reason they look like prison uniforms!

BigGoosie13
August 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
No seriously. The 1919 team's jerseys have STATE on them. I have seen the picture in the 1919 yearbook. Over the years there have been times when there was nothing on the jerseys, there was also a time when the school was trying to change its name from South Dakota State College to South Dakota State University that we used SDSC and then SDSU on the jerseys (it was a political thing - our friends at USD didn't want the State to allow it), and for awhile they had Jacks written on them. But the majority of the time since 1919 the jerseys have had STATE on them. True story. xnodx

SDSU has in fact used state since atleast 1922... http://www.gojacks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATCLID=205572430&SPSID=64624&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=15000&PALBID=449947

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM

History has nothing to do with it.

Mich St is one of the most well known college bball brands in the nation. They own "State".

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/223/203/kelvin-torbert-michigan-state-basketball-jersey_over_display_image.jpg?1273705020

NoDak 4 Ever
August 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
History has nothing to do with it.

Mich St is one of the most well known college bball brands in the nation. They own "State".

I genuinely wish that you had gotten in to one of these big schools you worship so much. You could leave those of us who like our small, "not well known" schools alone. We like the way things are, you just like to piss all over them.

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I genuinely wish that you had gotten in to one of these big schools you worship so much. You could leave those of us who like our small, "not well known" schools alone. We like the way things are, you just like to piss all over them.

If I opened up an Argument Office (like in Monty Python) in Mpls's neighborhood, I'd make a killing. He'd be my only client and I could afford a new BMW every year.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not a fan.

I especially don't like the fact that it just says "State" on the jersey considering that North Dakota State, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Missouri State are all in the conference as well.

it is definitely not an upgrade in my eyes either and have it just "State" is just dumb to me. Just conjures up images of having little imagination in the design to me and being very generic.

http://www.savingadvice.com/images/blog/generic-beer.jpg

Grizo406
August 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I think the new Jack Rabbit uniforms look really good!

Well done, SDSU!!xthumbsupx

JackJD
August 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM

re: the "political thing" comment. When SDSU was called SDSC, there were occasions USD referred to itself as the State University of South Dakota and there are even some references to South Dakota's State University. (If my memory is accurate, the bronze plaque inside the main doors to USD's ID Weeks library -- the one where the year construction was completed, architects, prime contract, governor, board of regents etc are identified -- states State University of South Dakota.) Some USD old timers continue to call SDSU either "State" or "State College". As 89Rabbit noted, it's been State for a long, long time.

I think Michigan State can lay claim to the distinctive font used for "State" on its uniforms and other athletic gear. [However, it's possible to acquire a yellow and blue South Dakota State hat with "State" in a font quite similar to the font I tend to associate with the Spartans. I didn't realize until reading this thread that SDSU changes its uniforms and uses just "State" to simply bug certain NDSU fans. Who woulda guessed... :) ]

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/JackJD/10696392l.jpg