PDA

View Full Version : 2012 University of North Dakota Fall Camp

darell1976
August 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JB0dZkcvMcU

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205571575

Entering the Big Sky Conference this fall, the University of North Dakota football team is on the cusp of the biggest seasons in program history. Each week on UNDSports.com, follow the team through fall camp as it prepares for the season.

It's the Opening Drive.

This week freshmen move into residence halls and meet their new teammates. It's a busy week of adjustment for the newcomers. For the veterans, it's another chance to return to their football family, play the game they love and earn a spot in the line-up. Some, however, still have to wait for their turn.

UNDColorado
August 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Pretty sweet! Cannot wait for 8/30!

darell1976
August 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Pretty sweet! Cannot wait for 8/30!

Me neither!!

darell1976
August 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1xrhkaB5MU&feature=youtu.be

UNDColorado
August 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM
This is the type of thing both fans and recruits love to see. It also helps pass the time to opening kickoff!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I'm interested to see how UND does in their first year in the Big Sky. I will definitely be pulling for them!

bobcathpdevil56
August 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
They definitely got stuck with a tuff as **** schedule

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
They definitely got stuck with a tuff as **** schedule

They absolutely did! Granted, I think they're going to be a solid team capable of doing some real damage.

The UND-MSU game will likely be my first game here in Bozeman. I've had it circled since the schedule was released.

UNDColorado
August 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
That is the game that I fear most on our schedule although I may make the drive from Denver because Bozeman is a great place. Does MSU sell out every game? (dont want to buy tickets too far in advance) MSU looks like they will have an even better team than last year. Lehigh also looks good and I hope you guys win your league.

darell1976
August 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM
That is the game that I fear most on our schedule although I may make the drive from Denver because Bozeman is a great place. Does MSU sell out every game? (dont want to buy tickets too far in advance) MSU looks like they will have an even better team than last year. Lehigh also looks good and I hope you guys win your league.

I have always pinned the MSU game as a loss for UND. Tough environment but hey stranger things has happened in sports.

darell1976
August 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm interested to see how UND does in their first year in the Big Sky. I will definitely be pulling for them!

Thanks!! It will be tough our first season in a big conference. It should get easier as the seasons go by and we get to know our opponents better. But when you enter a conference where you have either never faced a team before or haven't played them since the 1980's...it is going to be tough. At least we have played Idaho State, Montana, and Northern Colorado along with our GWFC brothers since 2008 so we know what we are up against.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM

I was wondering too if MSU sold out. From what I gather, they don't minus the UM game.

Montana State should be pretty darn good but they do have some serious question marks along the Oline. I usually get to talk to their coach a couple times a week but with the practice started those convo's are going to be few and far between. He seemed legitimately confident in the teams ability but I got the impression he didn't see them as a legit title threat, at least heading into the season. Granted, there was definitely some coach speak going on.

bobcathpdevil56
August 15th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I was wondering too if MSU sold out. From what I gather, they don't minus the UM game.

Montana State should be pretty darn good but they do have some serious question marks along the Oline. I usually get to talk to their coach a couple times a week but with the practice started those convo's are going to be few and far between. He seemed legitimately confident in the teams ability but I got the impression he didn't see them as a legit title threat, at least heading into the season. Granted, there was definitely some coach speak going on.

You can usually pick up tickets at the gate no problem. I have not had the chance to go back since the new stadium was finished, so i am not sure where the walk up tickets may be located. But, Bobcat stadium is a great place to watch a game. And rekindling the UND rivalry??? will make for a great atmosphere.

Rivalry??? was because while I do not remember MSU-UND games may forefathers seem to think this new conference foe is great because it is rekindling the rivalry.

darell1976
August 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
You can usually pick up tickets at the gate no problem. I have not had the chance to go back since the new stadium was finished, so i am not sure where the walk up tickets may be located. But, Bobcat stadium is a great place to watch a game. And rekindling the UND rivalry??? will make for a great atmosphere.

Rivalry??? was because while I do not remember MSU-UND games may forefathers seem to think this new conference foe is great because it is rekindling the rivalry.

Seems like UND and MSU has quite a history even more than UND-Montana. My dad didn't start taking me to football games until 1985, two years after the last UND-MSU game. I hope with UND in the BSC and if they can stay competitive can start new and re-new rivalries in the conference.

344Johnson
August 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM

After their last two playoff losses, I will see them as a legitimate threat to a title when they make it to the ship.

darell1976
August 30th, 2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfoeE22hG1U&list=UUbhIM5hvxs7hdbg0-KScyvA

In the final Opening Drive as UND prepares to kick off the season, the football team readies during practice. It also spends time with fans and experiences the new turf at the Alerus Center for the first time.