PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs App St, Roll Call! Who's going to the BIG GAME?? Predictions!

Griz0383
August 8th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Griz0383 will be in da house! xnodx What say you south con fans! I have wanted this game in the pre season and finally it will get it done. What makes me happy is I will be there drinking with my South Con friends and their fans. I will have no excuses if the the griz come up short but this is will be an awesome experience no mater the outcome. I met many of the App fans that made the trip to Missoula in 2009. I felt their pride in their team and their respect for the griz.. I have been a fan since and will always love the mountaineers and the South Con. That was a awesome game to experience and the best part was the nation watched it! I predict this game will match the 2009 game with the griz scoring late to win! GOOOO Griz!!! griz 31 appy 28

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Mabrother. We got some plans rolling on this thread if you want to catch up there as well.

There's actually a couple of threads but this is a good starter.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?110412-Upstate-AGS-CS.Com-Get-Together-September-6

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I'm in for Boone. Glad somebody started a thread for game weekend. I'm not sure if Ursus and Appaholic have anything lined up for Boone, but we should try to meet Friday and/or Saturday.

Am I right that 43 people would top the Griz Challenge of a couple years back?

Apps03
August 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I'm in - Don't say much on here but its funny how you develop in your mind a picture of who people are. Feel like I know everybody here but haven't met any of you. Hope to have a chance to on 9/8

ASUMountaineer
August 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I will be in Boone Saturday morning ready to meet all of these Grizzers!

AppAlum2003
August 8th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Section 112

Apphole
August 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
In, of course. What's the deal for Friday? Bar?

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I am a VERY definite maybe..............so call me....maybe.

Saint3333
August 8th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Wouldn't miss it. Coming with 11. Prediction - good game, better tailgate.

Griz fans stop by section B on the map for a beer.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1524383

ASUG8
August 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Me, the wife, and my brother will be there. Sitting in hostile territory too.

AppStsGr8
August 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I won't be able to make the upstate gathering but will definitely be in Boone on Saturday. We're having beef fajitas (local, grass-fed beef) and will have plenty for our Griziters.

GlassOnion
August 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'll be there. As for my prediction...

http://youtu.be/o4N3gbZAxr8

AtlantaMountaineer
August 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
A friend and I will be there for sure. Driving up from Atlanta on Friday. Hoping for great weather, great atmosphere and a big win for App.

ASUG8
August 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
A word of warning to the Griz coming to Boone....if you don't like the weather, give it a minute. xrotatehx

GlassOnion
August 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I hope this year isnt going to be like 2009 when it rained or misted for every single home game. It looks like today will be the first sunny day for the Apps practice. Nice that it could coincide with the first two a day!

asumike83
August 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I will be there, without a doubt! Here is a parking map (same as the link posted by Saint):

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/downloads2/449400.jpg

We'll have to bump this thread closer to game day so that we can figure out a central tailgate spot but I will be behind the stadium in the Greenwood Lot (F) in spot 220. Any Griz or App fans are welcome to stop by for a cold one!

On the field, I'm ready for some payback! xtroublex

Grizalltheway
August 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
A word of warning to the Griz coming to Boone....if you don't like the weather, give it a minute. xrotatehx

Something tells me it'll be warmer than previous two encounters. Louder...we'll have to wait and see.xcoolx

MarkCCU
August 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I will be there. Meanwhile, **** the Montana ticket office. They send the tickets by USPS and require a signature. ****in waste my time to leave work early and hit the post office to pick up what you should have left at my house!

asu3peat
August 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Something tells me it'll be warmer than previous two encounters. Louder...we'll have to wait and see.xcoolx

It will be loud but it won't be louder than Wash-Griz Stadium. The Griz seating is much closer to the field with steeper stands. The only reason KBS will even come close to Wash-Griz decibels is due to the 5k plus more in attendance but the track and openness of the stadium hinder the loudness.

Ready to crack my quart of shine for this one...Should be lots of fun!

Eaglesrus
August 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'll be at the BIG GAME on 9/8, but it will be in Charleston, SC. Sorry I can't join all of you good folks, yours certainly should be a great game.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
in terms of interest, maybe the biggest home game in App history. Should easily break the attendence record, gotta believe if Cobb/Peacock are on top of this, they will work out something with Boone's fire marshall. If there isn't atleast 34k then money is being left on the table

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I'll be at the BIG GAME as well, but not the one in Boone. I'll be watching SFA hopefully pull the upset against SMU, but I shall down a few in honor of App and Montana.

SpeedkingATL
August 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I expect to be there. Payback is due to the Griz.

Rekdiver
August 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I'll be there with about 100 of my closest friends........... You Montana boys are welcome to stop by our tailgate, space 320 We might have something speicial for you

Apphole
August 8th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I just realized that there's an art crawl on Friday. The first Friday of every month, pretty much everywhere on King St gives out free wine, beer and refreshments. Some of the galleries and stores will feature work from local artists and other's just participate to help their stores.

There will be live music in some places and a ton of people playing bluegrass on the street. Beware though, most of the wine is pretty cheep. I'd go easy on it to avoid a Walmart wine hangover (I've learnered the lesson too many times myself). It's a pretty cool way to experience the culture of Boone: a unique mix of artsy, hippy, hillbilly and Appy. Goes from about 4pm-10pm depending on the store.

http://boone-nc.org/artcrawl2011

Go Apps
August 8th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Season tickets the family and I are in plus about another 18 people tailgating by the stadium

Apphole
August 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
It will be loud but it won't be louder than Wash-Griz Stadium. The Griz seating is much closer to the field with steeper stands. The only reason KBS will even come close to Wash-Griz decibels is due to the 5k plus more in attendance but the track and openness of the stadium hinder the loudness.

Ready to crack my quart of shine for this one...Should be lots of fun!

I think we come pretty close. Griz fans will be impressed by the noise considering our architectural disadvantages and humbled by the scale of our gameday.

Anyway, I want to have some beers with some of you App and Griz fans alike (and I guess a coastal fan now). Is there going to be something organized for Friday or will people just have to tailgate hop? Either way, I'll be happy to pass around my jar of corn squeezins with all you assholes! xthumbsupx

Two of my buddies and their significant others are coming to this game. Both NC State alums. They love coming to Boone. I'll be in sea of debauchery known as Raley student lot for most of the day, but I'd love to stop by other places as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
We will have something together for Friday night. It's not set in stone yet but we'll probably get into Boone around 2-3p and then check in to the place so I'd imagine something in the downtown area between 5-7p at Maybe Murphy's or another place close. I will post it up when I know what the plan is.

GlassOnion
August 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Where r u staying at Ursus?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Where r u staying at Ursus?

Got a big cabin about 10 miles away.

GlassOnion
August 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Ah, best way to stay, it isnt over a river with a blue hot tub on the porch is it?

WataugaDave
August 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Well, my young *** will be on campus, so hopefully I can find somewhere good to watch the game.

Apphole
August 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Oh predictions...

31-17 App

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ah, best way to stay, it isnt over a river with a blue hot tub on the porch is it?

it could be. I know it's got a hot tub. Really nice looking place but don't know the geography as far as the river and so forth. If they have some children's life vests at the cabin we're thinking of puttingone on Grizo406 and putting him in the hot tub for a few minutes and giving him a little thrill while we're there. We'll see how he behaves.

GlassOnion
August 8th, 2012, 11:48 AM
it could be. I know it's got a hot tub. Really nice looking place but don't know the geography as far as the river and so forth. If they have some children's life vests at the cabin we're thinking of puttingone on Grizo406 and putting him in the hot tub for a few minutes and giving him a little thrill while we're there. We'll see how he behaves.

Who's grizo406?

asumike83
August 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Rental cabin is the ONLY way to go, for anyone who has not gotten a place yet. I can post a few sites to look on if anyone needs them. If you have a group, you'll save money over a hotel and have a much better time. There are some really nice places!

As for prediction: 34-27 App

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well, my young *** will be on campus, so hopefully I can find somewhere good to watch the game.

You should try and stop by either Friday night or Saturday and meet some people.

james_lawfirm
August 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM

It will be warmer; no question about that.

And, it cannot possibly be louder than Wa-Griz stadium. KBS is just built differently & the sound goes up & out to some extent.

You will see more fans in the seats & in the SRO areas at KBS though. I've heard 35k fans bantered about (31.5k is the record for KBS). KBS will be rockin!!!!

We're looking forward to a very warm welcome to all Griz fans -- everywhere except on the field.

james_lawfirm
August 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
BTW, my tailgate spot is Duncan lot, spot #18. That's "C" on the map posted earlier in this thread. At the intersection of Rivers St. & Stadium Dr.

Y'all come.

344Johnson
August 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My prediction is App wins going away in the 4th quarter.

AppStsGr8
August 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
So AGS tailgate spots so far ...
Stadium 76 - lot A on the map - row closest to stadium - AppStsGr8
Stadium ??? - Go ASU, which spot?
Greenwood 220 - lot F on the map - ASUmike83
??? 320 - Rekdiver, which lot?
Duncan 18 - lot C on the map - james_lawfirm
Duncan 132 - lot C - appsfan
Rivers Street Deck - SpeedkingATL, ASUMountaineers

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks GR8, i was thinking of combining them like you did and the save on effort is appreciated.xthumbsupx

I want a hook up to some breakfast livestock for the cabin so should I pm ya for details for when we roll in. I'm a big fan of the way you go about the meat products and want to try some of the home grown freshness.

T-Dog
August 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM
We will have something together for Friday night. It's not set in stone yet but we'll probably get into Boone around 2-3p and then check in to the place so I'd imagine something in the downtown area between 5-7p at Maybe Murphy's or another place close. I will post it up when I know what the plan is.

Cafe Portofino is a 2-minute walk from Murphy's. Char and Paolucci's are in the same area but they're dance clubs with DJ's and overpriced drinks.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, IF YOU'RE NOT SURE YOU CAN PARK IN A LOT, DON'T PARK THERE, YOU WILL BE TOWED. Got towed last October at midnight on a Thursday night and had to wait for the wrecker at 1:30 am.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Cafe Portofino is a 2-minute walk from Murphy's. Char and Paolucci's are in the same area but they're dance clubs with DJ's and overpriced drinks.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, IF YOU'RE NOT SURE YOU CAN PARK IN A LOT, DON'T PARK THERE, YOU WILL BE TOWED. Got towed last October at midnight on a Thursday night and had to wait for the wrecker at 1:30 am.

Good tip T Dog.

Travelinneer
August 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Rental cabin is the ONLY way to go, for anyone who has not gotten a place yet. I can post a few sites to look on if anyone needs them. If you have a group, you'll save money over a hotel and have a much better time. There are some really nice places!

As for prediction: 34-27 App

Got our Cabin - 4 bedrooms via Home Away From Home. Off of Hwy 105. Looking forward to this game with my family and friends. We owe the bears a good payback (both west of the Mississippi and North of New Hampshire type bears).

AppStsGr8
August 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks GR8, i was thinking of combining them like you did and the save on effort is appreciated.xthumbsupx

I want a hook up to some breakfast livestock for the cabin so should I pm ya for details for when we roll in. I'm a big fan of the way you go about the meat products and want to try some of the home grown freshness.

Sure thing. I'm in Asheville and can meet up pretty much anywhere between here and Boone. Are you flying into Greenville, SC or Charlotte, NC?

mountaineerman
August 8th, 2012, 07:42 PM
All i know is if it is as loud as the georgia southern game last year you guys are in trouble,that place was up for grabs.App defense is scary 41-10 black and gold

appsfan
August 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
My crew will be in Duncan 132 (C on the map), all Griz welcome for a beer. BTW, I have just sent back a no on attending a wedding that day, priorities, you know...

Stadium 76 - lot A on the map - row closest to stadium
Greenwood 220 - lot F on the map
Duncan 18 - lot C on the map

asumike83
August 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
My crew will be in Duncan 132 (C on the map), all Griz welcome for a beer. BTW, I have just sent back a no on attending a wedding that day, priorities, you know...

Wise choice, my friend! My better half was invited to a wedding +1 that day... she's going solo.

james_lawfirm
August 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM

I'm in Duncan too. Spot 18. I think I recall you were there last year too.

As for weddings, who gets married during football season? The amazing thing is that someone somewhere is probably surprised that you've chosen to a football game. They're clueless AND their priorities are OUT OF ORDER!!! They can get married anytime. Football, however, is in the fall.

appsfan
August 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Scorecard: ASU Football 2 Weddings 0. I have had friends call me about Apps schedule so they could avoid a conflict when their kids got married. My daughter just got married and a fall wedding was not remotely considered. Priorities, you know. I predict that ASU will remain undefeated if there is a future conflict ;)

appsfan
August 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
James, yes, I have been in that spot since 2009 and in Duncan since 2007. You?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm in Duncan too. Spot 18. I think I recall you were there last year too.

As for weddings, who gets married during football season? The amazing thing is that someone somewhere is probably surprised that you've chosen to a football game. They're clueless AND their priorities are OUT OF ORDER!!! They can get married anytime. Football, however, is in the fall.

Exactly. Me and two buddies had a friend that was getting married out of town about 20 yrs. ago and the wedding was set up fo the Saturday during the first Griz game. We were all three in the wedding party. I said I would not be able to attend and was met with some shocked responses my friends soon to be wife, the sisters, etc...

I just am a flat out dick when it comes to things like this and will not budge on them so I held fast and although my two buddies agreed with me I was just fine with shouldering the blame for being an asshole. I simply told the bride that if you schedule during a Griz football game you are tacitly telling me that it will be fine if I don't attend...whether in the wedding party or not. I was told all concessions would be made so the game could be watched on TV or listened to on the radio. That would be fine if the Griz were on the road but they were not, they were home.

I don't know what gets into people just bending to a woman's will to not make waves. That ain't me though. The wedding was moved up one week sooner after all was said and done and everybody was able to do their own thing.

My brother got married a few years back and the first thing he told the ol' lady to do before making ANY PLANS was to grab a Griz schedule and make sure she stayed well away from any football days. Wedding was in July.

Those two other buddies that were in that wedding party with me are going to be along on this trip 20 yrs. later...so it sort of took me back when that came about.

I don't think any of us can fathom what goes on in some women's heads.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Sure thing. I'm in Asheville and can meet up pretty much anywhere between here and Boone. Are you flying into Greenville, SC or Charlotte, NC?

Greenville, big party Thursday night and all that. Are you not reading that thread?

C'mon MAN! We need all the advice we can get especially on the diners on our trip and so forth.

cbarrier90
August 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
All i know is if it is as loud as the georgia southern game last year you guys are in trouble,that place was up for grabs.App defense is scary 41-10 black and gold

Montana may have gone through a tumultuous off-season, but they're still Montana. This game will be far from a blowout.

Three times ASU has been favored in "big" OOC home games since 2009 (McNeese, Villanova, Maine) and three times they've lost. That worries me.

Grizo406
August 8th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Who's grizo406?

Find the latest AARP edition of GQ Magazine, and you'll have the answer.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Who's grizo406?

EXACTLY!

Grizo406
August 8th, 2012, 11:14 PM
EXACTLY!

There are less than 30 days left before this trip happens, and I STRONGLY suggest that you spend that time wisely!

Maybe taking a class on how to keep your dirty whore mouth shut, or drinking a few gallons of Shut The **** Up!

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 9th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I like my dirty whore mouth just the way it is, stop talking "up" to me hog boy

AppStsGr8
August 9th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Greenville, big party Thursday night and all that. Are you not reading that thread?

C'mon MAN! We need all the advice we can get especially on the diners on our trip and so forth.

I stopped reading that thread when I figured out I couldn't make it down the mountain for the do. It shouldn't be any problem meeting up somewhere between Greenville and Boone on Friday if you swing up through Asheville. If you take the Charlotte route, you'll get to see some lovely highway and buildings.

AshevilleApp2
August 9th, 2012, 07:05 AM

Check your PM. I've already got you covered for at least one breakfast. Per Grizo's request of course.

GlassOnion
August 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Find the latest AARP edition of GQ Magazine, and you'll have the answer.

I was thinking he'd given his dog a screen name. That would be true fanmanship.

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM
My prediction: They both lose. The AD for each team botches this with scheduling, and each team thinks that they are the home team. Neither team makes the trip. Both forfeit, and lose their division. xbowxxbowxxbowx

ASUMountaineer
August 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Stadium 76 - lot A on the map - row closest to stadium - AppStsGr8
Greenwood 220 - lot F on the map - ASUmike83
Duncan 18 - lot C on the map - james_lawfirm
Duncan 132 - lot C - appsfan

I don't have a numbered spot, we tailgate in the open area of Rivers Street Parking Deck. However, I will try to mosey around to the aforementioned spots and hound some Griz fans. xthumbsupx

If anyone wants to stop by RSPD, feel free...we'll have the tall flagpole with the NC state flag and the ASU flag. You'll also be able to locate us by the former president GWB dressed in his ASU best.

Apphole
August 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
My prediction: They both lose. The AD for each team botches this with scheduling, and each team thinks that they are the home team. Neither team makes the trip. Both forfeit, and lose their division. xbowxxbowxxbowx

Well considering we are the home team, I suppose we would win in that scenario....xeyebrowx

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Well considering we are the home team, I suppose we would win in that scenario....xeyebrowx

Perhaps, but it was meant as a joke ya apphole!:p

Apphole
August 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Perhaps, but it was meant as a joke ya apphole!:p
Of course it was. It just didn't make any sense.

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Of course it was. It just didn't make any sense.

I know, I was just trying to razz both sides, and get some amusing discussion. I am not sure who to root for in this game, but I am leaning toward App State. Is this going to be televised somehow?

SpeedkingATL
August 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't have a numbered spot, we tailgate in the open area of Rivers Street Parking Deck. However, I will try to mosey around to the aforementioned spots and hound some Griz fans. xthumbsupx

If anyone wants to stop by RSPD, feel free...we'll have the tall flagpole with the NC state flag and the ASU flag. You'll also be able to locate us by the former president GWB dressed in his ASU best.

I too will be in the River's Street deck and I believe we park very close to each other where the opening is near the top where you can park your car in covered and tailgate open air. Remember seeing the GWB. I'll be in the offwhite Magnum wagon.

Apphole
August 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I know, I was just trying to razz both sides, and get some amusing discussion. I am not sure who to root for in this game, but I am leaning toward App State. Is this going to be televised somehow?

ESPN3. Go Apps

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 10:32 AM
ESPN3. Go Apps

Yuck. Damnit. ESPN3 is just a joke.

ASUMountaineer
August 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I too will be in the River's Street deck and I believe we park very close to each other where the opening is near the top where you can park your car in covered and tailgate open air. Remember seeing the GWB. I'll be in the offwhite Magnum wagon.

Cool. Yeah, we usually set up in the open area against the front wall of the deck. Looking forward to getting back up the mountain!

Apphole
August 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yuck. Damnit. ESPN3 is just a joke.

Better than PBS

GlassOnion
August 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM

I believe its on gameplan in addition to espn3

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Better than PBS

Could you imagine PBS doing games.....xbangx

Apphole
August 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Could you imagine PBS doing games.....xbangx

I don't have to imagine...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I believe its on gameplan in addition to espn3

I think you are correct.

asknoquarter21
August 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I will be attending with AppStsGr8 and asucrutch23 in spot 76 in stadium lot.

asumike83
August 9th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I will be attending with AppStsGr8 and asucrutch23 in spot 76 in stadium lot.

And I will be stopping by to grub down on some fajitas!

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Prior to last week I was 100% convinced the Griz would win this game with JJ at QB.

Now that hes gone and after watching the QBs on our roster in fall practice I would be shocked if we win, unless Brzeczek plays then its 50/50. My prediction is

App St - 21
UM - 17

WataugaDave
August 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
My prediction is that I'm going to have to climb to the roof of Gardner Hall with a telescope because GoASU.com won't let me get my ****ing ticket right now :(

T-Dog
August 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
My prediction is that I'm going to have to climb to the roof of Gardner Hall with a telescope because GoASU.com won't let me get my ****ing ticket right now :(

That's not that hard. xwhistlex