PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Blog: Southern Illinois

mmiller_34
August 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Its back. Sorry about the absence. Tonight's blog reflects on Southern Illinois trials and tribulations and what they need to do to rise to power in 2012.

http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Good write-up.

Lennon better right the ship soon.

mmiller_34
August 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I have a feeling he will. Southern Illinois won't be down long. I didn't realize McCall was only a sophomore... I'm dreading watching him rip up the Jacks D.

344Johnson
August 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Good write-up.

Lennon better right the ship soon.

I have a feeling that he is running out of time. He has this year, and if it isn't this year, he is gone I think.

mmiller_34
August 7th, 2012, 09:46 PM
One would think he's running out of time. He has been there four years now? He had a good years in 08 and 09 (Playoffs in 09). However, past two seasons have been disasters.

344Johnson
August 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
One would think he's running out of time. He has been there four years now? He had a good years in 08 and 09 (Playoffs in 09). However, past two seasons have been disasters.

So his recruits have done what? Exactly where I was going with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I have a feeling he will. Southern Illinois won't be down long. I didn't realize McCall was only a sophomore... I'm dreading watching him rip up the Jacks D.

Ya, it will be fun to watch him in the FD this year.

Houndawg
August 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
The biggest difference maker this year will be the new S&C coach. This team looks more like the Kill teams physically.

mmiller_34
August 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I would love to go to a Southern Illinois home game some day. I'm dying to see their new stadium.

Houndawg- Have you noticed a change in the gameday experience since the new stadium has been built or is it about the same as McAndrew?

Houndawg
August 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I would love to go to a Southern Illinois home game some day. I'm dying to see their new stadium.

Houndawg- Have you noticed a change in the gameday experience since the new stadium has been built or is it about the same as McAndrew?

Yeah, the whole set up is better, except our on field performance.

BTW, I live about 15 minutes from the stadium on 25 acres, one extra bedroom, lots of room to camp if you do make it. Going to try to get the Cap'n and D1B down here for the UNI game

skinny_uncle
August 9th, 2012, 02:09 AM

I just hope he is as strong as his sister. http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/c-track/mtt/mccall_jeneva00.html

skinny_uncle
August 9th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, the whole set up is better, except our on field performance.

BTW, I live about 15 minutes from the stadium on 25 acres, one extra bedroom, lots of room to camp if you do make it. Going to try to get the Cap'n and D1B down here for the UNI game
The Cap'n is on the way.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/163762_177778018928891_7952620_n.jpg

skinny_uncle
August 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Since there was no reaction from the Cap'n, may I assume he is banned again?
xchinscratchx

Houndawg
August 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM
It's a trap...

skinny_uncle
August 12th, 2012, 09:21 PM
It's a trap...

xshhhx

Houndawg
August 13th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Believe me, I'm not joking when I say we aren't going to miss Jewel Hampton. There is a reason he played as a true freshman at Iowa. And he can block, too. And I can save your defensive coaches some time if they will listen to me and not try to cover TE M. Pruitt with an LB.

skinny_uncle
August 13th, 2012, 08:54 AM
It's OK to kick off to Strother, though.
xsmiley_wix

underdawg
August 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
"And go ahead and double team SIU NT Kayon Swanson"---yours truly Ken Boatright and Eze Obiora

skinny_uncle
August 13th, 2012, 07:16 PM
"And go ahead and double team SIU NT Kayon Swanson"---yours truly Ken Boatright and Eze Obiora

xnodx

clenz
August 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Believe me, I'm not joking when I say we aren't going to miss Jewel Hampton. There is a reason he played as a true freshman at Iowa. And he can block, too. And I can save your defensive coaches some time if they will listen to me and not try to cover TE M. Pruitt with an LB.

McCall is good, but you do realize how quickly Iowa goes through RB's right? They are likely starting a true freshman their season opener this year because they have gone through about 12 of them since opening day last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM

I'll get a good look at him in the FD this year.

I think our defense is up for the challenge....xnodx

Houndawg
August 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
McCall is good, but you do realize how quickly Iowa goes through RB's right? They are likely starting a true freshman their season opener this year because they have gone through about 12 of them since opening day last year.

I don't care what they do with them.

Houndawg
August 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I'll get a good look at him in the FD this year.

I think our defense is up for the challenge....xnodx

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see another very low scoring game. First team to 14 wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see another very low scoring game. First team to 14 wins.

Could happen.

If the Bison defense stays healthy it could be even better this year. The defensive backfield will be very, very good along with the D-line. LB corp needs to step-up with 2 very good seniors gone off of last year's team. The defense gave up alittle over 12 points/game last year; if they do that again this year, I suspect another deep playoff run.

I'm looking forward to SIU coming to town this year. Lennon needs to have a decent year IMO. You coming up to the game? It is sold out and will be louder than heck.

skinny_uncle
August 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM

Someone making it to 14 would be a shootout compared to last year's game.

Houndawg
August 17th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Could happen.

If the Bison defense stays healthy it could be even better this year. The defensive backfield will be very, very good along with the D-line. LB corp needs to step-up with 2 very good seniors gone off of last year's team. The defense gave up alittle over 12 points/game last year; if they do that again this year, I suspect another deep playoff run.

I'm looking forward to SIU coming to town this year. Lennon needs to have a decent year IMO. You coming up to the game? It is sold out and will be louder than heck.

Can't make it, Saturday is a work day for me.

Our D is looking much better too, as you probably recall it wasn't too bad last year. The difference this year should our QB. Last year you got to play him in his first college start.

You're right that Lennon needs a good year, and I think he will despite one of the toughest schedules in FCS. People look at the last two seasons and think we're finished but they don't realize that '10 had much to do with a gap in recruiting caused by Lennon's late hire and '11 was three tipped scoring passes, none of which went our way, from a playoff appearance. We'll be a tough out and finish ahead of where we're projected to finish, and if we can go 7-4 against a schedule loaded by four road games against FBS/FCS Top 25s I wouldn't want us in the first week of playoffs.