PDA

View Full Version : More on Biddle to N'western

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM
"It wouldn't be surprising if former Gophers assistant Dick Biddle, head coach at Colgate, succeeds Randy Walker as football coach at Northwestern.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/07/06/college/index.html

colgate13
July 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM
God that makes my stomach turn, but the more I read about it I think it will be an internal interim pick.

carney2
July 6th, 2006, 02:14 PM
God that makes my stomach turn, but the more I read about it I think it will be an internal interim pick.

He can't leave until we beat him. Based on past results he'll be buried in Hamilton.

Go...gate
July 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I don't want him to leave, but I will respect his decision. Everyone has the right to try to better themselves. If he were to go the NW or Duke, I say NW all the way! Football is bigger than BB there and they are in one of the top two football conferences in the nation. He will only be an also-ran at Duke, and he does not deserve that.

wannabegaucho
July 6th, 2006, 03:20 PM
This is the Big Ten. No offense, but won't they be searching for someone with more ties to I-A? I mean, Barnett and Butch Davis will be out of the question, but I can't see them going to Colgate.

Go...gate
July 6th, 2006, 03:21 PM
It's all about relationships. Murphy knows Biddle and Biddle saved the Colgate FB program. He can handle the NW job.

89Hen
July 6th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Agreed. Nobody would leave a team in a lurch like that (except Don Brown that is). :p

89Hen
July 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
This is the Big Ten. No offense, but won't they be searching for someone with more ties to I-A?
Jim Tressel anyone? :thumbsup:

Go...gate
July 6th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Right - Biddle won't leave this year, but I think he will next year.

dbackjon
July 6th, 2006, 03:53 PM

:nod: Yup - he's been a failure at OSU....

Pards Rule
July 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM

I thought he was going to the Mahoning Valley Hitmen?? :)

wannabegaucho
July 6th, 2006, 10:49 PM
What are the average GPA's of the teams at tOSU and Northwestern? I'm not bagging on Tressel, but isn't Northwestern traditionally more selective about players it can recruit?

ucdtim17
July 6th, 2006, 11:10 PM
What are the average GPA's of the teams at tOSU and Northwestern? I'm not bagging on Tressel, but isn't Northwestern traditionally more selective about players it can recruit?

northwestern is one of the most selective of I-A universities - tOSU is not, to say the least

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 7th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I think if Biddle has the chance to take the job he would be pretty crazy not to take it. The Northwestern job is light years better than Duke and i'd put it as one of the top 50 jobs in 1-A. It's been proven you can win at Northwestern with some consistencency, it's in a great media market, and it's weather is probably much like Hamilton, NY's, lol. I really do think that the Northwestern job is a very good job, especially when you consider where a lot of the guys who make the jump from 1-AA to 1-A end up, Tressel is deffinately the exception rather than the rule. Northwestern has proven they can compete with the big dogs and they usually have a couple very good wins each season. Their problem is they can't recruit the depth neccessary to compete week in and week out which is why i think they can beat Michigan one week but then turn around and get smoked by Ohio State, the gas tank runs out time to time. I also don't think it completely out of the relm of possibility for the 'Cats to sneak into a BSC bowl one of these years with how the big 10's revolving schedule works. I know it's not likely but there is a chance. I would rate this job better than Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois and maybe even Michigan State.

DUPFLFan
July 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Chicago Tribune is speculating that they keep it in house and will choose Pat Fitzgerald as HC...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/northwestern/cs-060706nucoach,1,7656544.story?coll=cs-home-headlines