PDA

View Full Version : Texas HS Stadium

Sam_Kats
August 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thought the AGS world would get a kick out of this...during the playoffs, when the Kats were matching up against "main" state universities like Montana & NDSU, the trash talking would evolve around our small bowl that we play in holding just at 13,000 fans. While I wish that number would change, I also realize it's not likely with the demands pulled to Texas, Texas A&M, Tech, Baylor, TCU, etc.......not to mention the crazed appetite for HS football down here in Texas. This will prove my point - pretty wild:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/allen-news/headlines/20120803-video-sneak-peak-at-allen-high-school-s-huge-new-football-stadium-weight-room-bells-whistles.ece

http://images.maxpreps.com/site_images/editorial/article/9/a/f/9af39e16-fc32-424a-b1f8-85f7a30bf078/85db5874-c6dd-e111-b8d5-002655e6c126_original.jpg

http://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/hsstadium.jpg%3Fw%3D600%26h%3D400%26crop%3D1

DFW HOYA
August 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM
What people outside TX do not understand is that facilities like this are a win-win for the city of Allen.

Better school facilities draws residents who want to move to cities in the area with better schools and more activities for the kids. More residents increases the tax base and draws more businesses to settle in Allen. The better the tax base, the more the city grows. It's the formula that worked in Plano, in Southlake, and in many of the outer loop cities around Dallas-Ft. Worth.

Obviously, this isn't a good investment for, say, Jersey City, but then, people aren't moving to JC for the schools.

No_Skill
August 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I drove by the construction site while we were in frisco. That stadium is ridiculous.

Bogus Megapardus
August 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Obviously, this isn't a good investment for, say, Jersey City, but then, people aren't moving to JC for the schools.

While it isn't Allen, TX, it isn't that bad . . .

http://www.recmanagement.com/images/200902/200902_fe_02_11.jpg

;)

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
, sorry, I don't care how big football is to a community, no high school needs or deserves a stadium that expensive. Ironically, if any of the players get scholrships to an FCS program, and some FBS, it will actually be a downgrade as far as facilicies go.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sam Kats, with all due respect I wouldn't have bee n cutting down your facilities unless I was trying to get under your skin I suppose and I think your stadium is pretty decent and 13K sure ain't bad.

However you are trying to use "State School" as if it means something in the argument? It's not like either school has more resources due to that than any other in the division...do they? We are talking about two states with less than a million each in population here....Texas has that in multiple cities in the state let alone the countless outlying areas.

Using "State school" as if it means something in that regard doesn't make much sense does it?

Sammy94
August 7th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I think the argument is the number of football options here in Texas as opposed to ND and Montana. If you are a college football fan in Montana, you have 2 choices to be a fan of a "local" team and neither are BCS. If Montana was BCS and MSU wasn't, how do you think that would effect MSU football? FCS football is a joke in Texas, look at the options to follow a BCS school. The true fans of the FCS here are 99.9% alumni or students. Is this true in ND or Montana? Or are many a fan because its the only team around?

MplsBison
August 7th, 2012, 01:29 PM
So Allen is a city with over 80k and the public school district stuffs almost 4000 students, just in grades 10-12, into a single high school.

I guess that's so the one team can have the best athletes. Participation be damned.

But hey, who cares if there's a drought! Maken' it rain n' Allen bay-beee!

TheRevSFA
August 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I think the argument is the number of football options here in Texas as opposed to ND and Montana. If you are a college football fan in Montana, you have 2 choices to be a fan of a "local" team and neither are BCS. If Montana was BCS and MSU wasn't, how do you think that would effect MSU football? FCS football is a joke in Texas, look at the options to follow a BCS school. The true fans of the FCS here are 99.9% alumni or students. Is this true in ND or Montana? Or are many a fan because its the only team around?

He's got a point. There are 3 FCS schools in Texas, there's what..11? 12? FBS schools?

asumike83
August 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Man, that is an amazing HS stadium. What is the capacity?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 01:53 PM

So you don't think fans around Montana follow FBS schools in the casual fashion that people in TX that did not go to one of the big State schools follow it there?

It wouldn't change things for MSU at all as it is already like that.

Sorry Bobcat fans, I had to take that shot.:D

To answer the question of FCS fans here...yes, the majority of our fans for both MSU and UM have either attended school or are affiliated in with that school in some way as in kids went there, family, etc.

I'm just telling ya, it's not a good premise for your argument. Use it if you want but it doesn't hold water.

We have less than a million in the entire state and about 70-100K in each of the two schools "economically feasible" attendance areas for both MSU and UM.

Both have fans that will travel but for the most part if you live more than 100 or 200 miles away from either school it is very unlikely that you travel to all the games. ..whether an outsider wants to think it's different because they are State Schools doesn't change that fact.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
So you don't think fans around Montana follow FBS schools in the casual fashion that people in TX that did not go to one of the big State schools follow it there?

It wouldn't change things for MSU at all as it is already like that.

Sorry Bobcat fans, I had to take that shot.:D

To answer the question of FCS fans here...yes, the majority of our fans for both MSU and UM have either attended school or are affiliated in with that school in some way as in kids went there, family, etc.

I'm just telling ya, it's not a good premise for your argument. Use it if you want but it doesn't hold water.

We have less than a million in the entire state and about 70-100K in each of the two schools "economically feasible" attendance areas for both MSU and UM.

Both have fans that will travel but for the most part if you live more than 100 or 200 miles away from either school it is very unlikely that you travel to all the games. ..whether an outsider wants to think it's different because they are State Schools doesn't change that fact.

Honestly, how many more threads are we going to have with people mooing about how they are at such a disadvantage because of all the football around them and how the distant outposts in ND and MT just have it all?

I remember how SHSU fans all lived in Dallas and were going to push the NDSU fans out at the NC game. Can't have it both ways.

UAalum72
August 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM

;)
Aaah, Caven Point, former home of your I-AA St. Peter's Peacocks.

TheRevSFA
August 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Honestly, how many more threads are we going to have with people mooing about how they are at such a disadvantage because of all the football around them and how the distant outposts in ND and MT just have it all?

I remember how SHSU fans all lived in Dallas and were going to push the NDSU fans out at the NC game. Can't have it both ways.

I think a lot of that was hampered by the 500 a pop tickets that were going for a while :D :D

TheRevSFA
August 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM

;)

What's with the crappy baseball/football combo stadiums in the Northeast? I'm looking at you, Fordham.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/fordham-rams-houlihan-park/Coffey-Field-1.jpg

grayghost06
August 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Man, that is an amazing HS stadium. What is the capacity?

I have just recently moved to Allen, TX. The stadium is 18,000 w/ a good amount of standing room only as well. It just sold out for this season. It is even more impressive in person than in photos.

Not sure how I'd feel about the size of the school if I still had HS age kids. From what I'm told by neighbors, it has an unreal amount of offerings in terms of classes and extra curriculums. Hell, the marching band is almost 700 strong ( and good too). Resources are never a problem. Parents and the community pony up when something is needed beyond budget.

In terms of athletics, some feel that kids will have no shot at making a team because of the size of the student body. While this can be an issue, due diligence could have easily landed your new home in Texas to neighboring McKinney, Plano and Frisco- all of which have smaller 5-A high schools if that was a parents primary concern. While the teams are generally very large, this is definitely not an "everyone gets a participation trophy" school. The Varsity might have 100 people dressed, but only around 35-40 play.

Allen is just a bit different than other surrounding towns. My impression is that they like to go their own way. I will say that it is very "Vanilla" compared to other towns in N. Texas. And to illustrate that point, I'm told they have repeatedly voted down taxi service and extending the light rail ( through Allen) because of fears of outsiders and crime.

Sammy94
August 7th, 2012, 02:22 PM

I'm not complaining about a disadvantage at all, just stating facts. Its easy to obtain funds for nicer facilities when you are the only show around. I didn't see it as a disadvantage at all as we beat every team that played in our "high school" stadium last year.

So you don't think fans around Montana follow FBS schools in the casual fashion

Sure they do as they do all around the country. If there was a FBS school in Montana I think they would follow that school a little more then just casually.

TheRevSFA
August 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I have just recently moved to Allen, TX. The stadium is 18,000 w/ a good amount of standing room only as well. It just sold out for this season. It is even more impressive in person than in photos.

Not sure how I'd feel about the size of the school if I still had HS age kids. From what I'm told by neighbors, it has an unreal amount of offerings in terms of classes and extra curriculums. Hell, the marching band is almost 700 strong ( and good too). Resources are never a problem. Parents and the community pony up when something is needed beyond budget.

In terms of athletics, some feel that kids will have no shot at making a team because of the size of the student body. While this can be an issue, due diligence could have easily landed your new home in Texas to neighboring McKinney, Plano and Frisco- all of which have smaller 5-A high schools if that was a parents primary concern. While the teams are generally very large, this is definitely not an "everyone gets a participation trophy" school. The Varsity might have 100 people dressed, but only around 35-40 play.

Allen is just a bit different than other surrounding towns. My impression is that they like to go their own way. I will say that it is very "Vanilla" compared to other towns in N. Texas. And to illustrate that point, I'm told they have repeatedly voted down taxi service and extending the light rail ( through Allen) because of fears of outsiders and crime.

Man I remember when Allen and Frisco were nothing but farm towns. Now they're full of McMansions.

It's funny...after leaving DFW, when I go back, I miss it less and less. Oh well..I make my triumphant return in a month.

Sam_Kats
August 7th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Urses - it's simply a comparison & it ABSOLUTELY holds water. In our state, UT & A&M are the flagships...not so much because they have 2 of the largest enrollments in the country but also because of all the casual "t-shirt fans." Football is king in Texas & the rest of the country knows it. MILLIONS are dumped into marketing these 2 schools (as well as about 10 others). In other words, it's EASY to be a fan of one of these programs. And I'm not even knocking those t-shirt fans - just the way it is with BIG STATE schools. You are the biggest show in town & people who have affiliation as well as those who don't will pump resources into that school. That's my point - don't take it as an insult, hell if anything, it's a compliment. You guys ARE the big school in your state as well as NDSU. That's my point.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not complaining about a disadvantage at all, just stating facts. Its easy to obtain funds for nicer facilities when you are the only show around. I didn't see it as a disadvantage at all as we beat every team that played in our "high school" stadium last year.

Sure they do as they do all around the country. If there was a FBS school in Montana I think they would follow that school a little more then just casually.

Ok, stick with it if you want to but how many fans (pool of fans) do you have comparitively? How many of 'Your fans" (an actual #) do you think would go if they didn't choose something else?

Did you know that Montana had no FBS teams in the 80's and early 90's and when Wa Griz was built it held 12K and only had attendance of 7-10 for most games? Why didn't the lack of an FBS team fill up MSU and UM in those days?

One of Montana's biggest people hubs is Billings. Do you realize that they have an almost equal distance to travel to go to a game at Wyoming as they do in Missoula. If you live in Missoula you can get on I90 and head to be at a Pac 10 game in 2-3 hrs. on most weekends. Are those the kind of competing things you are talking about?

Oh, you were talking about the money we could get for building our stadiums? Have you looked into how much we (MSU & UM) have been gifted in comparison to SHSU? I think you will be fairly surprised at the amount of money we get for building a stadium and improving it.

I could be wrong though, I haven't seen the amount in years now but it was pretty low and any upgrade in seating we've had was bassed on a 5 year payback through ticket sales if I remember correctly.

It's easy to obtain funds is another faulty premise I think you are building on there.

If you do have the amounts of public funds going toward stadium upgrades for us vs. you then I'd be interested in seeing the difference...I don't have time to go look them up now.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Urses - it's simply a comparison & it ABSOLUTELY holds water. In our state, UT & A&M are the flagships...not so much because they have 2 of the largest enrollments in the country but also because of all the casual "t-shirt fans." Football is king in Texas & the rest of the country knows it. MILLIONS are dumped into marketing these 2 schools (as well as about 10 others). In other words, it's EASY to be a fan of one of these programs. And I'm not even knocking those t-shirt fans - just the way it is with BIG STATE schools. You are the biggest show in town & people who have affiliation as well as those who don't will pump resources into that school. That's my point - don't take it as an insult, hell if anything, it's a compliment. You guys ARE the big school in your state as well as NDSU. That's my point.

I don't take it as an insult. I taki it as based on little information about where the fans come from and how our facilities got to where they are at and that it is somehow easier, considering our absolute lack of people, for us because our lack of population doesn't support the notion of really having even ONE big budget school.

I'm looking for the logic. I assure you I'm not insulted by it though.

ElonFirefighter
August 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
, sorry, I don't care how big football is to a community, no high school needs or deserves a stadium that expensive. Ironically, if any of the players get scholrships to an FCS program, and some FBS, it will actually be a downgrade as far as facilicies go.

In Texas its all about HS football. Entire city/towns rally around them. Yes the money could be used for other things but a large portion is comming from ticket sales, so its only logical to put it back into the sport

eiu1999
August 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I'm all for it as long as it was mostly done without taxpayer dollars.

UAalum72
August 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
What's with the crappy baseball/football combo stadiums in the Northeast? I'm looking at you, Fordham.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/fordham-rams-houlihan-park/Coffey-Field-1.jpg

Because in Jersey City and the Bronx, real estate is incredibly expensive and hard to come by. See also: Parsons Field, Boston

WataugaDave
August 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM

NCSSM in Durham (which doesn't play football) has a Softball/Baseball/Soccer/Track monstrosity on their campus.

A school here in Winston-Salem is working on a 3,000-seat stadium, but the millionaires in the area are up in arms about how it will "ruin" the park next to it. Yes, ruin once every other week for 2 months. And honestly, they aren't even good at football so not many people will actually show up. AND this school has a multi-million dollar, 2,000-seat auditorium that regularly hosts major speakers and concerts. As far as I know, nothing has been ruined by that.

DFW HOYA
August 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM

Allen is supportive of DART light rail moving north but the issue is funding, not white flight.

Light rail runs about $70-100 million per mile and DART is dependent on a one-quarter cent tax to fund construction. When sales tax revenues dipped in the 2000s, DART had to borrow heavily to finish the Orange Line in Irving. Even if Allen were to join DART tomorrow, the sales tax revenues alone could not fund an extension.

Sometimes, these stories take on a life of their own. For 30 years, there was (and in some cases, is) an urban legend that the reason the Georgetown area of Washington DC does not have subway service was that the residents fought it to keep inner-city Washingtonians out of their neighborhood. Not true--the system was originally designed in the 1960's for commuter traffic and the Georgetown area didn't have enough workers in the neighborhood to justify it. Plus, there was a matter of engineering--the bedrock along the riverside would require a much deeper tunnel than costs justified.

The irony, of course, is that the Georgetown retail area has been struggling while other areas of the inner city that added subway service are seeing development and renewed nightlife.

BEAR
August 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Who QB'd for Allen in the past? former UCA Bear QB Nathan Dick!

MplsBison
August 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Just like Eden Prairie and Wayzata in Minn.

They win in part because they refuse to split into two high schools - the correct thing to do.

At least the high school association has done the right thing and made a new class for the mega high schools to be by themselves. Having more than 1000 students PER CLASS at a public high school is disgusting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Just like Eden Prairie and Wayzata in Minn.

They win in part because they refuse to split into two high schools - the correct thing to do.

At least the high school association has done the right thing and made a new class for the mega high schools to be by themselves. Having more than 1000 students PER CLASS at a public high school is disgusting.

Yes it is.

5 largest MN high schools:

1. Wayzata: 3060
2. Eden Prairie: 3007
3. Minnetonka: 2750
4. Stillwater: 2670
5. Champlin Park: 2571

Twentysix
August 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yes it is.

5 largest MN high schools:

1. Wayzata: 3060
2. Eden Prairie: 3007
3. Minnetonka: 2750
4. Stillwater: 2670
5. Champlin Park: 2571

Are they 10, 11, 12?

Hammerhead
August 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
The largest Minnesota high schools are all grades 9-12.

I'm not sure, but Minot high is probably the biggest high school in N.D. with about 2,100 students in 2 main campuses 9-10, 11-12, and some small alternative schools.

Here are some of the seats reserved at Allen's stadiums

– 1,000 seats for Allen’s band, dance and drill teams
– 4,000 seats for Allen’s student section
– 5,000 seats for the away team
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/filling-up-fast-allen-football-season-ticket-total-capped-at-7500.html/

Hammerhead
August 7th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Back when I was in high school we didn't even have our own stadium. All 3 Fargo schools (2 public, one Catholic) played their games at Dacotah Field on NDSU's campus.

MplsBison
August 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Are they 10, 11, 12?

The schools might be 9-12 in the building, but the enrollment numbers on the MSHSL website are only for grades 10-12, because some high schools in MN are only grades 10-12.

EP and Wayzata: winning is more important than letting the most kids get to play.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
The schools might be 9-12 in the building, but the enrollment numbers on the MSHSL website are only for grades 10-12, because some high schools in MN are only grades 10-12.

EP and Wayzata: winning is more important than letting the most kids get to play.

A lot large suburb schools have 2 freshman teams-2 sophmore teams-1 or 2 JV teams.....a lot of kids get to play. By the time you get to varstiy the best players should play. It's not like here in NW MN where most kids play both ways.

MplsBison
August 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
A lot large suburb schools have 2 freshman teams-2 sophmore teams-1 or 2 JV teams.....a lot of kids get to play. By the time you get to varstiy the best players should play. It's not like here in NW MN where most kids play both ways.

Right...so a lot of kids DON'T get to play on the actual, varsity team.

They have to spend a Monday night playing the JV game if they ever want to see the game field. Not the same.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Right...so a lot of kids DON'T get to play on the actual, varsity team.

They have to spend a Monday night playing the JV game if they ever want to see the game field. Not the same.

So every kid in 9-12 or 10-12, depending on the high school, should get to play varsity?

Look at most suburban varsity roster's, they are juniors and seniors. Kids get to play as they move up in grade. If a kid wants to play they work for it. Ya, there are probably a lot of kids that sit for most of the game in suburban schools but when there are 50 out / grade what do you expect.

Redhawk2010
August 7th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm all for it as long as it was mostly done without taxpayer dollars.

Um... $120 million referendum was passed to build this stadium ($60mil) and a fine arts facility (also $60mil).

Pard4Life
August 7th, 2012, 11:45 PM
What people outside TX do not understand is that facilities like this are a win-win for the city of Allen.

Better school facilities draws residents who want to move to cities in the area with better schools and more activities for the kids. More residents increases the tax base and draws more businesses to settle in Allen. The better the tax base, the more the city grows. It's the formula that worked in Plano, in Southlake, and in many of the outer loop cities around Dallas-Ft. Worth.

It's difficult to respect the quality of a state school system that accepts creationism as a tenet of classroom science discussion.

It's absurd that money is spent on these projects. It is not a facility, but it does generate revenue by itself. So while it may be economically sound, it does not benefit education. How does this benefit test scores and teacher quality? It's different from FCS ball, where football can enhance your image and attract students looking for an active community, but the public schools are static and have to fill a central role of educating everyone.

Grizalltheway
August 7th, 2012, 11:59 PM
It's difficult to respect the quality of a state school system that accepts creationism as a tenet of classroom science discussion.

It's absurd that money is spent on these projects. It is not a facility, but it does generate revenue by itself. So while it may be economically sound, it does not benefit education. How does this benefit test scores and teacher quality? It's different from FCS ball, where football can enhance your image and attract students looking for an active community, but the public schools are static and have to fill a central role of educating everyone.

I think Pink Floyd said it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiE_L9mf-k

344Johnson
August 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM
So every kid in 9-12 or 10-12, depending on the high school, should get to play varsity?

Look at most suburban varsity roster's, they are juniors and seniors. Kids get to play as they move up in grade. If a kid wants to play they work for it. Ya, there are probably a lot of kids that sit for most of the game in suburban schools but when there are 50 out / grade what do you expect.

I played football in high school for 4 years, just like a huge percentage of this forum. I played about 40% of defensive snaps my junior year and probably 60% of defensive snaps my senior year. This was on a mediocre(we sucked honestly). Nothing wrong with not getting to play. Some kids dont get to play.

Nickels
August 8th, 2012, 12:16 AM

I've been in the Texas state school system all of my life and I have never been taught creationism in any form and probably never even knew of the term until I was in college. Not everyone in Texas is lunatic evangelical.

BluBengal07
August 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM

I've been in the Texas state school system all of my life and I have never been taught creationism in any form and probably never even knew of the term until I was in college. Not everyone in Texas is lunatic evangelical.

same here Nickels.... when i was in grade public school, it was the evolution version throughout practically. learned and understand creation outside of the school during that period. however, things might of changed is some areas today though.

don't mark the whole system without some information. i believe Texas has one of the best collective educational systems in the US. all i remember hearing most of the time in high school was UT, Texas A&M and Ivy League schools. LOL

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM

That's not stereotyping or anything. I never was taught creationism while in school in Texas.

MplsBison
August 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM

No, not every kid should get to play.

Don't be obtuse, you know what I'm saying and know I'm correct.

If you have 100 juniors and seniors that want to come out for football, then there's no reason there shouldn't be two varsity teams!!

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
No, not every kid should get to play.

Don't be obtuse, you know what I'm saying and know I'm correct.

If you have 100 juniors and seniors that want to come out for football, then there's no reason there shouldn't be two varsity teams!!

It's not Pop Warner or the YMCA at that point. Only the best should be playing on Varsity. Period.

I'm going to guess you weren't good enough to make Varsity. It's okay..not everyone is.

ysubigred
August 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/common/medialib/269/679091.jpg

Top 10 HS Stadiums in TX

10 high school stadiums in Texas with capacities of 16,000 or more

Source: TexasBob.com

1. Alamo Stadium, San Antonio: 23,000

2. Pizza Hut Park, Frisco: 21,193

3. Mesquite Memorial Stadium, Mesquite: 20,000

4. Farrington Field, Fort Worth: 18,500

5. Eagle Stadium, Allen: 18,000

6. Buccaneer Stadium, Corpus Christi: 18,000

7. Ratliff Stadium, Odessa: 17,931

8. San Angelo Stadium, San Angelo: 17,500

9. Veteran's Memorial Stadium, Pasadena: 16,800

10. Stallworth Stadium, Baytown: 16,500

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/07/12/Allen-HS-unveils-60-million-football-sta/landing_big12.html?blockID=772559&feedID=9236

MplsBison
August 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
It's not Pop Warner or the YMCA at that point. Only the best should be playing on Varsity. Period.

I'm going to guess you weren't good enough to make Varsity. It's okay..not everyone is.

I specifically said "No, not every kid should get to play.". Troll.

If there's more than enough kids to make two teams, then make two teams. No reason for 75 juniors and seniors to be on the sideline at the high school level.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I specifically said "No, not every kid should get to play.". Troll.

If there's more than enough kids to make two teams, then make two teams. No reason for 75 juniors and seniors to be on the sideline at the high school level.

There is no point to have a Varisity A team and B team..if you aren't good enough to play, then you don't play varsity. Dolt.

MplsBison
August 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
There is no point to have a Varisity A team and B team..if you aren't good enough to play, then you don't play varsity. Dolt.

It isn't college, you halfwit.

If you have the numbers, split the teams. Or better yet (and what I was actually getting at) split the schools and have one team for each school!! That's correct.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM

If you have the numbers, split the teams. Or better yet (and what I was actually getting at) split the schools and have one team for each school!! That's correct.

If the coach can get fired because they have a crappy season..then it's pretty damn close. Does that not happen in ND or MN? Yes..High School Coaches in Texas get fired if they don't win.

DFW HOYA
August 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
If the coach can get fired because they have a crappy season..then it's pretty damn close. Does that not happen in ND or MN? Yes..High School Coaches in Texas get fired if they don't win.

Especially with the salaries the top coaches command.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/18/3300034/as-high-school-football-popularity.html

McNeese75
August 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM

xrolleyesx Somebody had been watching too much "Friday Night Lights"

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Somebody is trying to debate with Texans on Texas football. That's kinda like debating with gun owners on gun ownership...oh..he's already done that

kdinva
August 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Darn, just by this photo, I would have estimated 25,000 seats in Allen......

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/common/medialib/269/679091.jpg

Top 10 HS Stadiums in TX

10 high school stadiums in Texas with capacities of 16,000 or more

5. Eagle Stadium, Allen: 18,000

BluBengal07
August 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
does looks like it should seat more though. i wonder is that standing room in that flat area above the seating. i guess they plan to have the 500+ member marching band in the endzone. i bet there are a lot of skaters(folks not really playing) in there. lol

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/A4/CD15EB5985358623E1A79D4C431DA.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa2S8nh_u6dgr5IUwar9jCAEshRlPs7 bblZCXhAozKTisOcA8RZA

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think Allen has 600 in their band..bet it increases substantially.

BluBengal07
August 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think Allen has 600 in their band..bet it increases substantially.

LOL. yea.

but as a bandsmen, i wouldn't want to be in that big of a band. just don't think i would of got the same level of influence. the biggest band we saw(in TX HS) was one with about 300 at regional competition. that was a pretty good show from end zone to end zone.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
LOL. yea.

but as a bandsmen, i wouldn't want to be in that big of a band. just don't think i would of got the same level of influence. the biggest band we saw(in TX HS) was one with about 300 at regional competition. that was a pretty good show from end zone to end zone.

I think my highschool had 100..150 tops...we were 5A

344Johnson
August 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Tv version or Billy Bob version?

BluBengal07
August 8th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I think my highschool had 100..150 tops...we were 5A

same here. in San Antonio.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
same here. in San Antonio.

Arlington-Bowie.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
James Bowie High, and Arlington High both shared the same home stadium.

Turns out we put it to better use than the UTA Mavs did :D

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/texas/arlington_maverick.jpg

DFW HOYA
August 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
When the band fills betwen the 10s, not a lot of "marching" needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmHTkBRVNf8&feature=related

Cocky
August 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Not exactly Allen, but pretty nice facilities for close to 250 high school enrollment.
Seats close to 4,000 in a town of less than 5,000. Also have and indoor facility and modern film room.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrJZNBqouO_ZLmBXtL3nAoxmjeSt-3PR6uFjwIUphULZxPGTNm

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXnhOjQhf0ZznZFnFsn5bSOoFwawXTV dWyysScV47rDB6G0uRoeg

https://irs3.4sqi.net/img/general/295x295/_nTfKtjyHg0XIn56uRNfOthiLqA-nJdIhMRfI-EGbEM.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTElk3v67dDSC8zcuBr6UjOKnXqR4mLA Q_Oni_m5zlnW4IMF9CQ

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/295x295/U0PHTU4GLWELPYZ5FU1U0XF4WPGQ301HUWQAAZVPAMLGSS3G.j pg

https://irs2.4sqi.net/img/general/295x295/ZMLMNA0ACR5HSN1OA2RWM4ANKIHKHOCHP1CREXCBAYAPPVMC.j pg

Baseball
https://irs3.4sqi.net/img/general/295x295/r1q_Voued8i-_VQGVpQe6tzMIhdHNeKWmeqDq4pqM1k.jpg

Softball
https://irs2.4sqi.net/img/general/295x295/CJjBnWokMerZs2tNzmo8dVjiKgkALZ1BJugOaXNtbAU.jpg

BluBengal07
August 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
the district stadium during my time. now there is a second. i think they split the district support the two.

Commander Stadium
http://www.neisd.net/constr/bonds/projects/blossom/files/bac.jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROm9gLpdNEVXyjPue-3Ua7SnviMXpwMZGjcwc_NobwpvQVTdD-

District's Blossom Athletic Center
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYcu-Qu1SXOPGlBebt5Ed8jSjAmPvMLT8V-ae9WZdOJsVLSmu_rw

The new Heroes Stadium
http://www.paragon-sports.com/images/fin/heroes_A.jpg
http://www.neisd.net/constr/bonds/projects/heroes_stadium/architectural_photos/heroes-Arch-Photos_files/100heroes-full-wide-front_panorama4.jpg
Future Complex plan is to add a baseball stadium
http://www.stoneoakinfo.com/files/images/stadium_0.preview.jpg

I-16Bandit
August 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
The new Heroes Stadium
http://www.paragon-sports.com/images/fin/heroes_A.jpg

dat track

WataugaDave
August 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
This is the stadium at my high school. Not very impressive, and no idea how many it seats. But we fill the stands pretty good.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9518/mt2btabor2b1.jpg

Visitor's stands.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5535/photo150454755158534349.jpg

darell1976
August 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Grand Forks has one stadium Cushman Field that both Central HS and Red River HS share. Its named after Cliff Cushman who was a GFC grad and is still listed as MIA in Vietnam.

BluBengal07
August 9th, 2012, 08:46 AM
yea, our 2 stadiums are shared by 7 high schools. there's about 2500-3500 students on each campus.

TheRevSFA
August 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Let's never forget this gem in San Antonio. Alamo Stadium, the largest HS stadium in Texas (bigger than Pizza Hut Park in Frisco)

http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/3884500/3884988_2fb9_625x1000.jpg

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Tv version or Billy Bob version?

Billy Bob was Varsity Blues. You're too young for that.

There was a Friday Night Lights movie, though. About the Odessa team in the 80's. That was before the TV series.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM

If the coach can get fired...then it's just like any coach in any state at any level. Has absolutely nothing to do with the participation discussion.

The discussion is a school district that has more than 1000 students per grade and only one high school and therefore only one high school team. That's disgusting. Should be two or even three high schools.

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
That is a crazy nice stadium for a high school. I bet taxpayers in that school district are loving that!

TheRevSFA
August 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
If the coach can get fired...then it's just like any coach in any state at any level. Has absolutely nothing to do with the participation discussion.

The discussion is a school district that has more than 1000 students per grade and only one high school and therefore only one high school team. That's disgusting. Should be two or even three high schools.

Why? Classification is based on enrollment. If you want to compete 5A, why change the school when it's so large that it's NOT overcrowded?

Some districts are able to do this. Some split off and create new high schools..that's normal.

But to say one school should have two varsity teams is absolutely asinine.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Why? Classification is based on enrollment. If you want to compete 5A, why change the school when it's so large that it's NOT overcrowded?

Some districts are able to do this. Some split off and create new high schools..that's normal.

But to say one school should have two varsity teams is absolutely asinine.

Then make two schools.

It's not just about sports. Clubs, bands, plays, dances, administration. Anything and everything ... is better for the student if it's a smaller school.

CrazyCat
August 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM

There was a Friday Night Lights movie, though. About the Odessa team in the 80's. That was before the TV series.

Was he thinking Billy Bob Thorton ?

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM

BS

Of course he's going to claim that now. You gave him the out.

CrazyCat
August 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry, but when he said Billy Bob version, my first thought was the Friday Night Lights movie not the MTV version.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry, but when he said Billy Bob version, my first thought was the Friday Night Lights movie not the MTV version.

No one refers to BBT as "Billy Bob". He was talking about the MTV movie, which is not related to either the TV series or the movie version of Friday Night Lights.

344Johnson
August 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM

I was referring to the movie. Booby Miles and such. I have never watched varsity blues.

Yes.

BS

Of course he's going to claim that now. You gave him the out.

If you say Friday Night Lights to someone my age, we think of the movie, we all had a short obsession with it.

No one refers to BBT as "Billy Bob". He was talking about the MTV movie, which is not related to either the TV series or the movie version of Friday Night Lights.

I refer to Billy Bob Thorton as Billy Bob because I do not know anyone else named Billy Bob.

Lets see MLPS try and tell me that I am wrong and that I am just covering myself because I was actually referring to a movie that came out before my time because he thinks that all people think the same way he does, rather than asking if they are referring to Billy Bob Thorton or someone who must be a character named Billy Bob in a comedy about high school football, he makes assumptions in an effort to make other people look less intelligent when really, all he had to do was ask what they meant.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Whatever. Pretty convenient for Cat to give you that out. Did you thank him yet?

344Johnson
August 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Whatever. Pretty convenient for Cat to give you that out. Did you thank him yet?

Don't need to.

BluBengal07
August 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Let's never forget this gem in San Antonio. Alamo Stadium, the largest HS stadium in Texas (bigger than Pizza Hut Park in Frisco)

http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/3884500/3884988_2fb9_625x1000.jpg

whoa, didn't know it had those kind of stats. looks like it had the needed overdue facelift. lol. good job SAISD.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Don't need to.

FWIW, in reading your statements, it was pretty clear what you were saying.

"nobody refers to him as Billy Bob!"xlolx

Seriously WTF is wrong with that guy?

Hey there is this band that you've probably never heard of as they came out before your time but they are known as "The Rolling Stones". Give em' a listen cuz I believe they have recording so you can listen to things from the past that were before your time.

It's too bad they don't have something like that for movies so you could rent or buy it and see them.

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 01:19 AM

Hey there is this band that you've probably never heard of as they came out before your time but they are known as "The Rolling Stones". Give em' a listen cuz I believe they have recording so you can listen to things from the past that were before your time.

It's too bad they don't have something like that for movies so you could rent or buy it and see them.

Nope. MLPS is right. I'm wrong. If you don't believe me, just ask him ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Nope. MLPS is right. I'm wrong. If you don't believe me, just ask him ;)

I'll pass on that.

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'll pass on that.

I need an honest a##hole like Apphole to come to my rescue.

Ginsbach
August 10th, 2012, 02:20 AM
My aunt and uncle live in Southlake and I've got three cousins that go to Southlake Carroll. I was visiting them a few years back and we went to a game. That stadium blew me away. It was amazing.

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Don't worry about MPLS..he tried to argue with Texans about High School football in Texas. I would say that it take a brave man to be that much of an idiot, but in truth, it takes an idiot to be that much of an idiot.

Bottom line: Allen HS can build that stadium because they will fill out. That's how rabid football fans are in Texas.

dgtw
August 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I don't live in Texas, but I'm pretty sure the Texas High School Athletic Association has a rule saying a school can only have one varsity team per sport.

DFW HOYA
August 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Bottom line: Allen HS can build that stadium because they will fill out. That's how rabid football fans are in Texas.

"Originally set up to sell 5,000 season tickets, the district gave in to overwhelming demand and upped that number to 7,500 and then eventually 8,000, all of which were sold with interested parties participating in a lottery system."

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2012/08/08/sports_update/6224.txt

katstrapper
August 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Many of the big school districts here in Houston build these big facilities to serve as district stadiums. For example, Cypress Fairbanks ISD is the second largest district in the Houston area. It has 14 high schools and two football facilities to serve these schools. Many people were raising hell when Cy-Fair built the Berry Center, which has a 14,000 seat football stadium and 9000 seat arena attached to the stadium. What many people didnt or dont realize that the reason they built the facility was to also help cut down on the cost of finding a place to host graduation ceremonies for the district. Cy-Fair is able to keep that money in the district instead of renting out another place.

Berry Center Arena

http://www.ticketservant.com/WebSales/Includes/ticketservant/Images/berry%20center%20(Small).jpg

Berry Center Football Stadium

http://www.cjgengineers.com/Images/Projects/Sports/Richard%20Berry%20Center/image2.JPG

http://www.cfisd.net/bond/esc/esc3.jpg

katstrapper
August 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM
whoa, didn't know it had those kind of stats. looks like it had the needed overdue facelift. lol. good job SAISD.

Alamo Stadium is an awesome place to watch a game.

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Yes it is.

MplsBison
August 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I don't live in Texas, but I'm pretty sure the Texas High School Athletic Association has a rule saying a school can only have one varsity team per sport.

Then build two high schools, obviously. Or three.

That was my actual point.

MplsBison

*looks around*

Who are you putting on a show for?

MplsBison
Don't need to.

Yes you do, he gave you a way to cop out of having to admit you made a mistake.

GOODY26
August 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
After reading all the posts to this thread, all I got to say, "You build it they will come"

WeAreNorthDakota
August 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM

When referring to the "Billy Bob Version" in a discussion about Friday Night Lights, it's pretty obvious he meant the movie starring Billy Bob Thorton. I didn't even remember there being a "Billy Bob" in Varsity Blues until you brought it up.

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM

you said it yourself I am too young to know what the Varsity Blues is. Still have never watched it to this day. Friday Night Lights(Billy Bob, not the TV one) came out when I was in middle school, like I also stated that movie was very popular.

If I was...5 or 10 years older and I referred to the billy bob version of a high school football movie, then you might have a case. But you don't. If you say Friday Night Lights and Billy Bob in the same sentence to someone my age, they will assume the movie about Odessa Permian's road to the State Championship Game in Texas.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
you said it yourself I am too young to know what the Varsity Blues is. Still have never watched it to this day. Friday Night Lights(Billy Bob, not the TV one) came out when I was in middle school, like I also stated that movie was very popular.

If I was...5 or 10 years older and I referred to the billy bob version of a high school football movie, then you might have a case. But you don't. If you say Friday Night Lights and Billy Bob in the same sentence to someone my age, they will assume the movie about Odessa Permian's road to the State Championship Game in Texas.

The poor guy just can't get a win around here anymore. It's obvious you've got this one nailed down and he is just fighting to salvage some dignity again. Take your foot off his throat man cuz I think he's turning blue.

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Then build two high schools, obviously. Or three.

That was my actual point.

Why? If you are Lufkin, TX and a 5A powerhouse, why build another high school and have two 4A or 3A schools?

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
The poor guy just can't get a win around here anymore. It's obvious you've got this one nailed down and he is just fighting to salvage some dignity again. Take your foot off his throat man cuz I think he's turning blue.

One of these days someone isn't going to take the foot off. Goodness gracious the dude is nuts.

Why? If you are Lufkin, TX and a 5A powerhouse, why build another high school and have two 4A or 3A schools?

For a better learning environment. Sports shouldn't be a deciding factor in having that big of a school

. I'm not saying they should break the school up, but if the reason they keep it together is for sports and everything else points in the direction that breaking into two schools would be beneficial then you should build a new school.

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
One of these days someone isn't going to take the foot off. Goodness gracious the dude is nuts.

For a better learning environment. Sports shouldn't be a deciding factor in having that big of a school

. I'm not saying they should break the school up, but if the reason they keep it together is for sports and everything else points in the direction that breaking into two schools would be beneficial then you should build a new school.

What's the biggest high school in nd or mn? I went to a 5A school with 3000 plus in it and we didn't have overcrowding or teacher shortages. Education there wasn't hampered

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
What's the biggest high school in nd or mn? I went to a 5A school with 3000 plus in it and we didn't have overcrowding or teacher shortages. Education there wasn't hampered

500-600 per class at a few schools I think in NoDak. The Twin Cities got some ridiculous super mega ultra schools like Texas I'm quite sure.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM

It would seem to be easy to cross reference schools of "x" size against schools of "x" size and see if there is any educational difference wouldn't it? I have no idea if it makes any difference at all but it would seem a good place to start.

Of course if it didn't work in favor of MPLS's argument he could always say "Well if books were inaccessible in those schools then it would make a difference" and he could try and salvage something out of that I guess.

dgtw
August 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
The biggest school in Alabama was broken up this year. Both schools are still 6A, not sure how big their enrollment is or where they rank overall.

BluBengal07
August 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM

well i never experience a true football game there. only time there was for track meets and band competitions. but i guess for a packed house game, it would of been pretty sick experience.

gokats85
August 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM

Lufkin is the smallest school in District 14-5A with an enrollment of 2201, compared to The Woodlands at 3782. Lufkin does just fine kicking everybody's @ss.

For a comparison of every 5A school in Texas, check this out:

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/5a-fb-bb-enroll-2010-rvsd-09-12.pdf

Then for every public high school in Texas:

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/alignments

Twentysix
August 11th, 2012, 02:14 AM
In ND at 90% of the schools you could go 0-? for a decade straight and not be fired as the coach.

That is probably not true for the AA schools and a couple of the A schools. Typically the coaches are also the math teacher or the english teacher etc for the high school.

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM

*looks around*

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
It would seem to be easy to cross reference schools of "x" size against schools of "x" size and see if there is any educational difference wouldn't it? I have no idea if it makes any difference at all but it would seem a good place to start.

Of course if it didn't work in favor of MPLS's argument he could always say "Well if books were inaccessible in those schools then it would make a difference" and he could try and salvage something out of that I guess.

*looks around*

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Ok, you got me.

I thought of Varsity Blues when you said Billy Bob. Completely forgot BBT was in the movie version of FNL.

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Interesting. Now you're trying to inconspicuously change the argument from Allen, TX to Lufkin, TX. That must mean you know you can't win the argument if it stays on Allen?

I'm advocating for the Allen SD to have two high schools, because that gives more students the chance to participate in everything extracurricular, which is a fundamental and necessary part of high school life.

If all that mattered were classrooms, then every high school student in the greater metro area should just go to one giant high school. That would save the most costs. Obviously you don't advocate that. Nor do I assume you'd advocate for there being a maximum of 100 students per class at any Texas high school.

So there must be a line somewhere in the middle that makes sense. I'm just saying, Allen - with more than 1000 per class - is too big. Make it smaller.

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM

The only MN high schools with official enrollments more than 1000 per class (per the MSHSL) are Wayzata and Eden Prairie. I believe these are also two of the wealthiest districts in the state.

There are 7 more schools with enrollments between 750-1000 per class (White Bear, Edina, Burnsville, Blaine, Champlin, Stillwater, Minnetonka).

MplsBison
August 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Lufkin is the smallest school in District 14-5A with an enrollment of 2201, compared to The Woodlands at 3782. Lufkin does just fine kicking everybody's @ss.

For a comparison of every 5A school in Texas, check this out:

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/5a-fb-bb-enroll-2010-rvsd-09-12.pdf

Then for every public high school in Texas:

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/alignments

Look at Allen and Plano.

W.T.F.?!?!?!

I see three schools with 9-12 enrollments more than FIVE THOUSAND !!!!!!!

No friggin' way my son or daughter goes to those colossal pieces of crap! They'd never learn anything in classrooms of 200 students!

Break them up!

EDIT: holy crap. Just checked out the Plano ISD website...those Plano high schools are only for grades 11-12 !!! Please...someone tell my the UIL numbers include the 9-10 grade "high schools" as well. I really hope that's the case.

And that should mean, I hope, that Plano plans on building another three 11-12 high schools to match the six 9-10 high schools they have?

http://www.pisd.edu/schools/secondary/

NDSUDude23
August 12th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Reading this thread and all that goes through my head is that little old Shanley High School, a catholic school in Fargo, enrollment 300-400, used to be number 1 in the nation over all these schools in football back in the 60's and 70's.

344Johnson
August 12th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Look at Allen and Plano.

W.T.F.?!?!?!

I see three schools with 9-12 enrollments more than FIVE THOUSAND !!!!!!!

No friggin' way my son or daughter goes to those colossal pieces of crap! They'd never learn anything in classrooms of 200 students!

Break them up!

EDIT: holy crap. Just checked out the Plano ISD website...those Plano high schools are only for grades 11-12 !!! Please...someone tell my the UIL numbers include the 9-10 grade "high schools" as well. I really hope that's the case.

And that should mean, I hope, that Plano plans on building another three 11-12 high schools to match the six 9-10 high schools they have?

http://www.pisd.edu/schools/secondary/

I guess my psych class, my sociology, my history classes, etc. didn't count for much because I was in a class with more than 200 in college.

Better keep your kids away MLPS

Reading this thread and all that goes through my head is that little old Shanley High School, a catholic school in Fargo, enrollment 300-400, used to be number 1 in the nation over all these schools in football back in the 60's and 70's.

Rated higher, honestly would have probably gotten pounded by plenty of them.

danefan
August 12th, 2012, 06:36 AM

Don Bosco Prep is relatively small compared to these major regionals. 225 per class year. 900 total.

But the do draw from the most populated suburb in the country - Bergen County, NJ.

Nonetheless I'd take Don Bosco over any high school football team in the country hands down.

El Gato
August 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Interesting. Now you're trying to inconspicuously change the argument from Allen, TX to Lufkin, TX. That must mean you know you can't win the argument if it stays on Allen?

I'm advocating for the Allen SD to have two high schools, because that gives more students the chance to participate in everything extracurricular, which is a fundamental and necessary part of high school life.

If all that mattered were classrooms, then every high school student in the greater metro area should just go to one giant high school. That would save the most costs. Obviously you don't advocate that. Nor do I assume you'd advocate for there being a maximum of 100 students per class at any Texas high school.

So there must be a line somewhere in the middle that makes sense. I'm just saying, Allen - with more than 1000 per class - is too big. Make it smaller.

Exactly. Smaller schools are better on the whole for all students whether it is in the classroom or being involved in extracurricular activities.

Long time powerhouse Judson HS was afraid of splitting up their football team when enrollment overcrowded their campus, so they built a new campus and just sent their freshman over there. All this to keep the football team from splitting up. Ridiculous.

Leander ISD has five high schools now (Leander HS, Vista Ridge HS, Cedar Park HS, Vandegrift HS, Rouse HS), and they are all at 4A. In fact a couple of those schools dropped down from 5A because of the recent addition of Vandergrift, and that is exactly what they want. They will redraw boundaries until they have to build another school in order to keep them all at the 4A level. They get it: smaller school are better for the students (not to mention the staff that has less students to manage).

TheRevSFA
August 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM

Why make it smaller?? Does Allen ISD not meet state and national standards for test scores? Nope. In fact, Allen has one of the better ones in Texas.

Your argument is that you think "it's too big" but you have no proof to say that the size of the school is detrimental

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Why make it smaller?? Does Allen ISD not meet state and national standards for test scores? Nope. In fact, Allen has one of the better ones in Texas.

Your argument is that you think "it's too big" but you have no proof to say that the size of the school is detrimental

Exactly. I went to a 3a & 4a high school in Texas and once I got to college I realized how poor the education I received actually was compared to the bigger schools. My classmates and I were totally unprepared for college compared to our big school counterparts. I have also seen mentioned that "with such a big school most kids wont get a chance for extra circulars", that couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure the average football player in a 5a school probably doesn't get as much playing time as the same player in 3a school but their are sustainably more extra circulars at these larger schools. Lacrosse, Swimming, Bowling, Wrestling, Hockey, ROTC programs etc.are usually offered at these huge schools. Besides football, baseball, basketball & track their usually isn't much else to participate in these small schools. What other programs are offered are usually coached by a teacher and the athletes don't get the coaching & scholarship opportunities the athletes at the bigger schools do.

Just because a high school has 5k+ students doesn't mean the teacher to pupil ratio is 200 to 1. Where are you getting this from? or are you completely talking out of your ***? These schools can probably put more towards education because the administrator/janitors/nurses/etc to pupil ratio would be lower. If you split 1 school into 2, I guarantee you it would cost more to operate.

Stop cock envying because I'm sure you've never stepped foot in a Texas 5a high school, so you have no clue what you're talking about.

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Ever think that the people in Allen don't want a smaller school? THEIR school to be smaller.

The education one gets is not how well they was taught but how well they wanted to learn.One can not blame others because they think they were poorly educated.They have to look in the mirror for that one.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ever think that the people in Allen don't want a smaller school? THEIR school to be smaller.

The education one gets is not how well they was taught but how well they wanted to learn.One can not blame others because they think they were poorly educated.They have to look in the mirror for that one.
So your saying every school district educates their students appropriately and it's always the students fault if he graduates with good grades yet is totally unprepared for college ? puhhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz. The only thing my school cared about was me coming to class and passing my standardized test so they could get paid and put a stupid banner in front of the school. Actual education and preparing students for higher education was far behind that...

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 01:04 PM
No, I am not saying that school districts do anything.I am saying that one is responsible for how much they learn and how well educated they are.I was not implying that to just you.But one has to quit blaming others if they are not prepared for something.I find it hard to believe though that every kid coming out of high school with good grades is ill prepared for college.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I find it hard to believe though that every kid coming out of high school with good grades is ill prepared for college. Exactly, some are in decent school districts.

gokats85
August 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Exactly. I went to a 3a & 4a high school in Texas and once I got to college I realized how poor the education I received actually was compared to the bigger schools. My classmates and I were totally unprepared for college compared to our big school counterparts. I have also seen mentioned that "with such a big school most kids wont get a chance for extra circulars", that couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure the average football player in a 5a school probably doesn't get as much playing time as the same player in 3a school but their are sustainably more extra circulars at these larger schools. Lacrosse, Swimming, Bowling, Wrestling, Hockey, ROTC programs etc.are usually offered at these huge schools. Besides football, baseball, basketball & track their usually isn't much else to participate in these small schools. What other programs are offered are usually coached by a teacher and the athletes don't get the coaching & scholarship opportunities the athletes at the bigger schools do.

Just because a high school has 5k+ students doesn't mean the teacher to pupil ratio is 200 to 1. Where are you getting this from? or are you completely talking out of your ***? These schools can probably put more towards education because the administrator/janitors/nurses/etc to pupil ratio would be lower. If you split 1 school into 2, I guarantee you it would cost more to operate.

Stop cock envying because I'm sure you've never stepped foot in a Texas 5a high school, so you have no clue what you're talking about.

Case in point: There were nearly 900 seniors in my son's senior class at Klein Collins HS (total enrollment around 3300). He told me this past weekend the most students he ever had in a single classroom was less than 25.

Cocky
August 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Teacher to student ratios are not as important as good teachers.

ysubigred
August 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Don Bosco Prep is relatively small compared to these major regionals. 225 per class year. 900 total.

But the do draw from the most populated suburb in the country - Bergen County, NJ.

Nonetheless I'd take Don Bosco over any high school football team in the country hands down.

Not last year, Trinity HS in Louisville KY was the top team in the country. xtwocentsx Seen them play and wow xbowx

danefan
August 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Not last year, Trinity HS in Louisville KY was the top team in the country. xtwocentsx Seen them play and wow xbowx

I would have taken Bosco.

Bosco was also the ESPN and USA Today national champs (whatever that paper championship is worth).

Too bad it will never be settled on the field. A high school football national championship would be awesome.

ysubigred
August 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I would have taken Bosco.

Bosco was also the ESPN and USA Today national champs (whatever that paper championship is worth).

Too bad it will never be settled on the field. A high school football national championship would be awesome.

Would have been nice to see Bosco and Trinity play.

Louisville Trinity earns National Title

Selecting the RivalsHigh national champion this year was as hard as it has ever been in the history of our rankings.

But after selecting Louisville (Ky.) Trinity – giving it the nod over Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep and, to a lesser extent Seffner (Fla.) Armwood and Loganville (Ga.) Grayson – we found an equally difficult decision:

http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=819

ysubigred
August 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Also found this interesting:

Pre season top 25 for this year Trinity Louisville KY in at #13 xconfusedx Strange that most of all the players from last years #1 ranked team are Sr's this year.

Big $$ TX team in at #8

http://highschools.usatoday.com/rankings/super-25-football-2012

TheBisonator
August 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It all depends in the end what SIZE a city/school district wants to have their average HS enrollment at. For example, Fargo and West Fargo combined have a population (2011) of around 134,000 people and there will be a 5th public HS fully established between those two cities in three years or so. (Fargo/WF school districts are separate) The enrollments of the 5 ND public high schools in the FM metro area (North, South, Davies, West Fargo and Sheyenne) will range from 1,200-1,600 students by 2016 or so. (Which I personally believe is the optimal enrollment size range for a high school.)

Now in the city of Sioux Falls (2011 pop. 160,000 or about 26,000 more than Fargo/WF combined), I heard that in the same future time frame (2015-16) that they will have a 4th public HS for their city (I'm not sure about that info, some Jacks/USD fans correct me if I'm wrong), But of course the average enrollment will be larger than Fargo/WF, something like over 2,000 students. But it's because in their city, they want their HS's to be a little bigger.

Allen, TX in 2011 had about 87,500 people. If Allen was an ND city, it would probably have 3 public high schools (or at least 2 currently and working towards a third) and a large prominent private HS. I personally don't think that a city bigger than Bismarck and Mandan combined should only have one public HS.

El Gato
August 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM

I know you are referring to the other poster, but since I share his position I will say that I came from a 5A HS Texas, in fact the 8th largest HS at the time and I graduated with 954 other seniors that year.

I am also currently an educator in the Texas school system and I have had this conversation many times with my mother who was a former superintendent in one of the largest schools districts in our area, and is know a consultant with of the TEA regions in the state. We had this discussion when I had graduated HS and the graduating class had grown to over 1000+ students and an over 5,000 student enrollment. Me as a football diehard was upset with her because she was pushing a radical idea on the school board about splitting up the HS into 3 separate high schools, all at the 4A level. We were a football crazy town in South Texas and a recent powerhouse and no body wanted to split up that football team even if that campus was overflowing with students. "Just put in more portables," they said.

Bottom line, they eventually had to do it, and she presented data and numbers that showed smaller schools are better. You ask where he is getting this from? I can't cite the study but I do know they are out there and the data shows that small schools provide a better learning opportunity for the students as well as a chance for them to become more involved in extra curricular activities. Like I said Leander ISD here in Central Texas is proof to that fact:
http://i45.tinypic.com/vysktu.jpg

But yes, in the end as another poster mentioned the most important factor of all is having good teachers. And that is a a major issue in our public school systems right now.

Sly Fox
August 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
And passing bonds pays for the teachers. It really is about who has the resources. Westlake dominated the city you mention above for decades as either a 4A or barely 5A. But they could afford the best teachers & coaches.

Sam_Kats
August 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I would say parents factor more into a child's education than the teachers but that's a different thread, I guess. I went to a small 4A school in a very rural area, graduated with 250 kids & felt VERY prepared for college. Of course there are adjustments to be made along the way but still. Anyways, carry on...

El Gato
August 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM
And passing bonds pays for the teachers. It really is about who has the resources. Westlake dominated the city you mention above for decades as either a 4A or barely 5A. But they could afford the best teachers & coaches.

Westlake is still a powerhouse, and much of it is due to parenting as the SHSU poster pointed out. Parents with lots and lots of money (I know first hand cause my wife and I taught in Eanes ISD the home of Westlake).

Both Cedar Park HS, Westlake, and Lake Travis HS are pretty dominant in the Central Texas area. In fact Lake Travis as a 4A has pretty much been dominant in everything: last year setting a TX HS football record with 5 consecutive State Football Championships, two straight volleyball championships (went 50-0 last year), two straight years of golf state championships, last years baseball team advanced to the state tourney, and their band was a finalist at the 4A State Marching Contest finishing 5th (no easy task in a state that has arguably the most competitive marching bands in the nation as a result of the football craziness. Incidentally Cedar Park HS won the 4A State Marching Championship). Of course it is no surprise that all these schools academically are just as amazing. They are all also relatively small schools when compared to the mega giant 5A schools.

BluBengal07
February 27th, 2014, 08:09 PM
yep, i dug this up....but things might be cracking under the pressure...

Updated: February 27, 2014, 8:59 PM ET
ESPN.com news serviceshttp://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/10528972/cracks-force-closure-60m-stadium-allen-texas
ALLEN, Texas -- A $60 million Texas high school stadium that got national attention for its grandeur and price tag will be shut down indefinitely 18 months after its opening, school district officials said Thursday.
Eagle Stadium in the Dallas suburb of Allen will be closed until at least June for an examination of "extensive cracking" in the concrete of the stadium's concourse, the district said in a statement Thursday. The closure will likely affect home games at the stadium this fall, the district said.

Ben Pogue of Pogue Construction, which built the stadium, told reporters that the cracks range from a quarter-inch to three-quarters of an inch wide.
"There are concerns surrounding the stadium, but we have been -- for a long time -- part of the solution," Pogue said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I'm optimistic that we're going to have a quick resolve to this that will not affect the football season that's coming up."...

Panther88
February 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Where there's a crack of despair, another crack of hope arises. :) Frisco ISD, neighbors Allen ISD, will now boast to have the FIRST domed high school stadium for its football team. I attempted to locate the actual article that detailed the new 12K seat indoor stadium but couldn't locate it. It was initially purported to have a retractable roof. Competivity is high in north Texas amongst the football powers.

The Dallas Cowboys are near a deal that would end a four-decade affiliation with Irving and move the team's practice facility to another Dallas suburb. The Frisco City Council on Monday approved a $115 million agreement to build a complex that will include an indoor stadium and new headquarters for the Cowboys in the city 30 miles north of Dallas.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2013/08/13/0ap1000000229609.jpg (https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?icampaign=News_inline_PSL)

The city's school district is contributing $30 million, and its high schools will play games in the stadium. The Cowboys aren't contributing any money up front but will have to pay any extra costs. The team also has agreed to develop the remaining land on the 91-acre tract.
Frisco officials want to have the facility ready for the 2016 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229213/article/frisco-council-oks-115m-dallas-cowboys-practice-facility

dewey
February 28th, 2014, 07:15 AM
yep, i dug this up....but things might be cracking under the pressure...

Updated: February 27, 2014, 8:59 PM ET
ESPN.com news serviceshttp://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/10528972/cracks-force-closure-60m-stadium-allen-texas
ALLEN, Texas -- A $60 million Texas high school stadium that got national attention for its grandeur and price tag will be shut down indefinitely 18 months after its opening, school district officials said Thursday.
Eagle Stadium in the Dallas suburb of Allen will be closed until at least June for an examination of "extensive cracking" in the concrete of the stadium's concourse, the district said in a statement Thursday. The closure will likely affect home games at the stadium this fall, the district said.

Ben Pogue of Pogue Construction, which built the stadium, told reporters that the cracks range from a quarter-inch to three-quarters of an inch wide.
"There are concerns surrounding the stadium, but we have been -- for a long time -- part of the solution," Pogue said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I'm optimistic that we're going to have a quick resolve to this that will not affect the football season that's coming up."...

As a structural engineer this problem in particular peaks my interest so if anyone sees any more on this please post updates.

Dewey

DFW HOYA
February 28th, 2014, 07:54 AM
It'll get fixed. This is Texas HS football, after all.

BluBengal07
February 28th, 2014, 08:05 AM
As a structural engineer this problem in particular peaks my interest so if anyone sees any more on this please post updates.

Dewey

this might help your pallet Dewey, for now.
i recommend to follow this more on their local media outputs than national at this point. things are still quite early for some strong detail on their investigations. i understand the area had an aggressive winter this year, but that shouldn't be the true reason. however, the winter might of expose the initial quality of the structure and shorten it's life.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/allen/headlines/20140227-structural-concerns-shut-down-60-million-allen-eagle-stadium.ece
Updated: 27 February 2014 11:14 PM

"Interim Superintendent Beth Nicholas said the stadium was closed out of an abundance of caution during an engineering investigation of the facility, which is expected to be completed in June.

"Representatives from Pogue Construction, which built the facility, and the PBK architecture firm, which designed it, are in discussions with the district. Officials declined to say who would pay to correct problems, citing the ongoing investigation to determine what caused them.

For now, it seems the district and the companies are working together to fix the problem. An email from Nicholas to the board on Feb. 7 obtained through an open records request by The Dallas Morning News said, “The demand letter from our attorney was sent to both companies and they were given 30 days to respond.”

Pogue Construction is currently building Allen’s $32.5 million service center, which is also being examined. The construction firm has many schools and other public projects in the works across Texas. But Pogue said this is an isolated case...."

Panther88
February 28th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Those who may be interested, I think Pogue was awarded the contract to build PVAMU's new stadium. Oh boy. :(

BisonFan02
February 28th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Did they try to do the concrete with little notice and had a deep frost? :D

wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... xlolx

Hammerhead
February 28th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Catholic (and other private) schools do have an advantage in that they can draw students from other areas. Even so, I think part of Shanley's athletic success back in the day was that there were 5 or 6 feeder programs from the parochial schools. St. Francis and St. Joe's in Moorhead might have had a combined team, but I can't remember.

Twentysix
March 2nd, 2014, 01:35 AM

Maybe in Minnesota, but at most ND schools, the HC is a teacher. Their on field W/L record doesn't mean anything in terms of their employment. I think my school paid the Football coach like $250 for the season.

The larger division in ND may pay a football coach, I am not sure. But the vast majority of teams in ND are small schools that play 9 man football and employ a male teacher to coach 1-3 town coop football teams.

Hammerhead
March 2nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Minnesota high school coaches are are also teachers who make very little extra money coaching. One of my friends is a wrestling coach and the money he earns as a coach is next to nothing. He simply coaches for the love of the sport.

Back on topic, there was a brief mention of the cracks in the stadium on the CBS evening news on March 1st.

grayghost06
March 2nd, 2014, 08:26 PM

Dewey

I live in Allen, so if I hear anything interesting I'll post it. Nothing new in the last couple of days except the usual "built by lowest bidder" and "subcontractor" type jokes.

dewey
March 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I live in Allen, so if I hear anything interesting I'll post it. Nothing new in the last couple of days except the usual "built by lowest bidder" and "subcontractor" type jokes.

Here is a link to a new story that showed up in my email inbox from ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers).

I would have a lot of questions if I could ask.
Was the report from the same consultant that did the original design or was it by a new independent consultant?
Was there an independent testing agency on board for construction?
What was the weather like the day that concourse concrete was placed? Hot and windy?
What do the special provisions for the project say about placing concrete in either cold or hot weather?
Are there any problems any where else in the stadium?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Eagle-Stadium-Concourse-Concrete-Poorly-Cured-Engineers-Report-249992631.html

I think it is funny that people were commenting that the school board should get fired...yeah like they know anything about construction requirements.

Dewey

superman7515
May 21st, 2014, 10:07 AM
In case you missed Bonarae's post, the stadium has been closed for at least this season as it was deemed unsafe. Apparently not only is the stadium cracking apart, but the supports weren't designed to hold the weight expected on the upper levels and it's not safe for people to gather there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140519-exclusive-60m-allen-football-stadium-deemed-not-safe-will-close-this-season.ece

NoDak 4 Ever
May 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
In case you missed Bonarae's post, the stadium has been closed for at least this season as it was deemed unsafe. Apparently not only is the stadium cracking apart, but the supports weren't designed to hold the weight expected on the upper levels and it's not safe for people to gather there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140519-exclusive-60m-allen-football-stadium-deemed-not-safe-will-close-this-season.ece

One of the best comments on a story about this. "looks like the designers went to a high school that spent $60 million on football instead of academics"

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 03:21 PM
One of the best comments on a story about this. "looks like the designers went to a high school that spent $60 million on football instead of academics"Funny thing is that schools is rather good when it comes to academics.

Nickels
May 21st, 2014, 03:41 PM
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Cost-to-repair-Allen-ISDs-60M-stadium-600000and-up-260099391.html

ALLEN, Texas -- In letters released by Allen ISD on Tuesday, an attorney for Pogue Construction estimates the cost of repairs to Allen's Eagle Stadium between $600,000 and $1 million.

The 18,000-seat edifice gained such notoriety that it helped draw families to the Collin County suburb.
"That’s one of the reasons why I moved to Allen," said Alycia Thompson. "Because I heard they have a great school district, and the new stadium was a new hype."
But it is a building now so flawed, the district must turn its students away.
"Yeah it was a sock in the gut for all of us," said Allen ISD Superintendent Dr. Lance Hindt. "Our senior football players, our 800-member band, drill team, cheerleaders, soccer... you name it, they won’t be in that facility next year, and that’s a huge disappointment."
Through property taxes, the families of those students paid $60 million to build what PBK Architects drew up.
On Tuesday night, the firm released a statement saying: "We continue to work closely with the Allen ISD to reopen Eagle Stadium as soon as possible. In the coming weeks, findings will be presented and a repair solution jointly determined with the District."
PBK and Pogue Construction both worked on the building, and will have to fix incorrectly poured concrete, cracks throughout the concourse, and slabs that weren’t built to sufficiently support the weight of the stadium.
That money will come from both companies’ insurance, and they pledge to make it right. The community has paid enough.
Pouge Construction also built Rockwall ISD's stadium. The district says it recently reviewed the building and it is structurally sound.
The company is currently working on a stadium in the Garland ISD. A district spokesman said they are now keeping an even closer eye on that project.

dbackjon
May 21st, 2014, 05:12 PM
Where there's a crack of despair, another crack of hope arises. :) Frisco ISD, neighbors Allen ISD, will now boast to have the FIRST domed high school stadium for its football team. I attempted to locate the actual article that detailed the new 12K seat indoor stadium but couldn't locate it. It was initially purported to have a retractable roof. Competivity is high in north Texas amongst the football powers.

The Dallas Cowboys are near a deal that would end a four-decade affiliation with Irving and move the team's practice facility to another Dallas suburb. The Frisco City Council on Monday approved a $115 million agreement to build a complex that will include an indoor stadium and new headquarters for the Cowboys in the city 30 miles north of Dallas.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2013/08/13/0ap1000000229609.jpg (https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?icampaign=News_inline_PSL)

The city's school district is contributing $30 million, and its high schools will play games in the stadium. The Cowboys aren't contributing any money up front but will have to pay any extra costs. The team also has agreed to develop the remaining land on the 91-acre tract.
Frisco officials want to have the facility ready for the 2016 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229213/article/frisco-council-oks-115m-dallas-cowboys-practice-facility

Maybe the first domed HS stadium in Texas, but not in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_Valley_Ensphere

Nickels
May 21st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Maybe the first domed HS stadium in Texas, but not in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_Valley_Ensphere
First STADIUM. A retro practice bubble with a few rows of bleachers doesn't count.

dbackjon
May 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
First STADIUM. A retro practice bubble with a few rows of bleachers doesn't count.

Did you check out the link?

Full wooden roof, seats over 5K for football. So yes, it is a STADIUM.

Yes, in a small town in the Arizona mountains.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 21st, 2014, 05:43 PM

Until about 8 years ago or so, the Fargodome was the home field for Fargo South, Fargo North, and Fargo Shanley high schools. So indoor and starting in the early 90's.

dbackjon
May 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
Until about 8 years ago or so, the Fargodome was the home field for Fargo South, Fargo North, and Fargo Shanley high schools. So indoor and starting in the early 90's.

But they weren't built specifically for the High Schools. If you are using that as a criteria, Flagstaff High Schools have been using the Skydome since it opened.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 21st, 2014, 05:46 PM
But they weren't built specifically for the High Schools. If you are using that as a criteria, Flagstaff High Schools have been using the Skydome since it opened.

It doesn't appear the stadium in Frisco is built specifically for the high school either.

Nickels
May 21st, 2014, 05:48 PM

5k = stadium? I guess my 700 sq ft home is a mansion. You couldn't fit a 2a Texas football game there and 2as don't play in stadiums here. They play on fields. Essentially that termite magnet is a covered field.

If it was an actual stadium, why didn't they name it Round Valley Ensphere STADIUM?
Michigan STADIUM
Neyland STADIUM
AT&T STADIUM
Arrowhead STADIUM

Notice a trend?

btw I'm just giving you a hard time...

NoDak 4 Ever
May 21st, 2014, 05:56 PM
5k = stadium? I guess my 700 sq ft home is a mansion. You couldn't fit a 2a Texas football game there and 2as don't play in stadiums here. They play on fields. Essentially that termite magnet is a covered field.

If it was an actual stadium, why didn't they name it Round Valley Ensphere STADIUM?
Michigan STADIUM
Neyland STADIUM
AT&T STADIUM
Arrowhead STADIUM

Notice a trend?

Oh boy! Texas has some football! I guess if you're a product of Texas high school education, I'd prefer to live in a state less obsessed with football.

just giving you a hard time.

Nickels
May 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM
Oh boy! Texas has some football! I guess if you're a product of Texas high school education, I'd prefer to live in a state less obsessed with football.

just giving you a hard time.
Your wife let you get on the internet before cooking dinner? You must have packed her a good lunch this morning.

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 07:03 PM

Michigan STADIUM
Neyland STADIUM
AT&T STADIUM
Arrowhead STADIUM

Notice a trend?

Drake Stadium 14k
Memorial stadium (Indiana State) 12k.
Riverfront Stadium (Waterloo Bucks) 5k
Sioux Falls Stadium 4k

Notice a trend?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Nickels
May 21st, 2014, 07:18 PM
Riverfront Stadium (Waterloo Bucks) 5k
Sioux Falls Stadium 4k
Seriously? The f____n Waterloo Bucks? Sioux where? This is your best rebuttal?

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 07:50 PM
Seriously? The f____n Waterloo Bucks? Sioux where? This is your best rebuttal?

They are stadiums...

Didn't matter where

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk