PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits coming in to the season

smallcollegefbfan
August 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thought I would share some interesting tidbits and insights on some things heading in to this year.

From my tape work there is no question Brad Sorensen and Jeff Mathews are the top 2 QBs in FCs. Now I think Kyle Padron, Kurt Hess, Matt Brown, and Braden Hanson have NFL tools and are worth monitoring as potential risers. JMU's Justin Thorpe should have a big year.

Zach Bauman is another being slept on. He will play on Sundays if he does what he should. I think he, Jordan Brown, Coker, Crowell, Pierce, and Miguel Maysonet all are not rated higher by media outlets than Matt Denham and Jamaine Cook yet they are better. Cook and Denham both have at least 2 OL on their teams who will be in NFL camps next year so they are running behind some good ones.

Everyone is fighting me on it but I don't care what the numbers are with Tyrone Goard. He's a player. He had a rough life growing up so I am really pulling for him too. He, Tyrone Walker, Xavier Boyce, Cordell Roberson, Norman White, Rodrick Rumble, Mellette, Nicholas Edwards, and Ryan Spadola will all either get drafted or signed for sure if they don't get hurt badly this year.

It will be interesting to see what EKU does with Goard. They have a ground game so he may not have the numbers.

Anyway, at TE Kevin Finney, Matt Lengel, and Hamilton Garner are talented players who should have a big year.

On the OL I think Rogers Gaines, Terron Armstead, Billy Turner, and Danny Kistler were all underrated by the media last year. All have NFL potential. I also think senior Will Post (EWU) and juniors Bryan Witzmann (SDSU) and Eric Pike (Towson) are potential NFL prospects in two years.

To me after Ray Wilburn and Sherman Carter and FN Lutz there is a drop off at center.

The best guard in Earl Watford but I think Lamar Mady, Sam Hammond, Kyle Ritt, Chris Elkins, and Kadeem Edwards are sleepers to watch.

At DE I think Josh Lynn of Furman and Jarvis Wilson of PVAMU are sleepers to keep an eye on while Myles Walker of Indiana State is a player to watch. Basketball player with size (6'8, 250) playing DE now. Towson's Romale Tucker is a sleeper NFL prospect. Some young guys I really like at DE include Matthew Davis of Hampton, App State duo of Blair and Robinson, and UTC duo of Tull and Williams.

At DT after Brent Russell the drop off is a good bit as well. Kayon Swanson, Chris Burnette, Caraun Reid, and Justin Yancey all are good ones who are undervalued nationally.

At LB Matt Evans is good but Keith Pough, Tyler Starr, Jeremy Kimbrough all grade out higher on my board. I think Stephon Robertson is a sleeper for the CAA DEF POY.

This CB class is loaded. After Webb, Williams, McCray, Swanson, James there are a lot of other good ones. Robert Alford, Bookie Sneed, Kadeem Wise, Jeremy Moore, Eriq Lewis, and Walt Aikens are all good. Qua Cox is one of the few SWAC defenders I really like as well. He has a shot to play on Sundays.

At safety there are a lot of good young ones in Chris Beranger, Mike Crutcher, and Matt Hermanson.

Marist WR Michael Rios is a big play guy worth watching. He's coming off an injury.

Those are just some observations I thought I would point out. Cal Poly has a lot of transfers while GSU took in some this week and Illinois State got 2 players who could start for them as well recently.