PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State Podcast: Wednesday, August 8

asumike83
August 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
As some of you know already, I recently took part in starting a new ASU site, AppStateCentral.com (http://www.appstatecentral.com). While the site is already up and running, we have now gotten our Podcast under way and the first episode will air this Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST (http://appstatecentral.com/content/new-app-state-podcast-0). Yours truly will be co-hosting the weekly Podcast with Bryden (AppIAA) and there are a couple items of note for anyone who is interested:

I am VERY excited to announce that we will have an exclusive interview with Appalachian offensive coordinator and assistant head coach Scott Satterfield. He was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule this week to speak with us about his return to Boone, the progress that has been made in the offseason and his expectations for the upcoming season. Considering how hectic his schedule is right now and the fact that he had zero obligation to make room in his personal time to speak with us, I am extremely grateful to Coach Satterfield for his time. Very classy guy who bleeds black and gold.
The opportunity for listeners to enter a raffle for two free tickets to the Appalachian State/Montana game in Boone on September 8. We're ironing out all the details now but will announce how to enter and increase your chances of winning tickets to KBS for what should be a great game and will definitely be a hell of a game day! Winner will be announced on the August 22 show.

If anybody has a suggestion for topics of discussion, please feel free to post them or hit us up on Facebook/Twitter live during the show. Also, we will be trying to get fans of ASU's opponents to come on the show throughout the season to talk football on game week so if that sounds like something you'd be interested in doing and your team is on Appalachian's schedule this year, send me a PM.

TheRevSFA
August 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM
As some of you know already, I recently took part in starting a new ASU site, AppStateCentral.com (http://www.appstatecentral.com). While the site is already up and running, we have now gotten our Podcast under way and the first episode will air this Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST (http://appstatecentral.com/content/new-app-state-podcast-0). Yours truly will be co-hosting the weekly Podcast with Bryden (AppIAA) and there are a couple items of note for anyone who is interested:

I am VERY excited to announce that we will have an exclusive interview with Appalachian offensive coordinator and assistant head coach Scott Satterfield. He was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule this week to speak with us about his return to Boone, the progress that has been made in the offseason and his expectations for the upcoming season. Considering how hectic his schedule is right now and the fact that he had zero obligation to make room in his personal time to speak with us, I am extremely grateful to Coach Satterfield for his time. Very classy guy who bleeds black and gold.
The opportunity for listeners to enter a raffle for two free tickets to the Appalachian State/Montana game in Boone on September 8. We're ironing out all the details now but will announce how to enter and increase your chances of winning tickets to KBS for what should be a great game and will definitely be a hell of a game day! Winner will be announced on the August 22 show.

If anybody has a suggestion for topics of discussion, please feel free to post them or hit us up on Facebook/Twitter live during the show. Also, we will be trying to get fans of ASU's opponents to come on the show throughout the season to talk football on game week so if that sounds like something you'd be interested in doing and your team is on Appalachian's schedule this year, send me a PM.

Knock knock jokes?

I only kid. That's pretty sweet and I can't wait to hear it

asumike83
August 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Knock knock jokes?

I only kid. That's pretty sweet and I can't wait to hear it

If the stars align so that Appalachian and SFA meet in the playoffs, you will be coming on the show whether you like it or not!

Apphole
August 7th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Great success so far. I've had several friends tell me that our articles are more in depth that the other App blogs and that they hope the site takes off. An exclusive interview with SS in the weeks prior to the season is huge. I can't wait to hear what the coach has to say.

AppIAA
August 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Great success so far. I've had several friends tell me that our articles are more in depth that the other App blogs and that they hope the site takes off. An exclusive interview with SS in the weeks prior to the season is huge. I can't wait to hear what the coach has to say.

It's going to be a good, first show!! I am excited about being able to get Satterfield for the first episode. Hopefully, it will allow us to grow the site and gain some more visitors.

TheRevSFA
August 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
are you going to interview chattownmocs before your game against them so you can hear why you'll be lucky to win?

AppIAA
August 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
If he's brave enough to come on, sure!

asumike83
August 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Link to tonight's Podcast: http://appstatecentral.com/content/podcast

It will start right around 7:30. You'll get an error message if you try before then but if you can stop in, come give it a listen! If you can't catch it live, we'll have an archived link to it after the fact.

asumike83
August 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Wanted to bump this thread for any App (or possibly Furman) fans interested. We have moved the show to Tuesdays, remaining at 7:30PM EST. Tomorrow we will talk with App WR coach (and former Paladin WR xshakefistx) Justin Stepp about how the young receiving corps is coming along. We have also got an interview with Stephen Igoe, who covers East Carolina for 247sports.com, to preview the season opener against the Pirates. Very excited, cannot believe it is finally game week.

Hope y'all can tune in!

AppIAA
September 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Bumping this thread yet again for another LIVE podcast. I know it interrupts with the FCS Wedge, but if you're a Griz Fan or an App fan, you'll want to listen to this! If you can't listen live, you can still listen from the same link at a later time.

http://appstatecentral.com/content/podcast

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Holy Christ I specifically schedule around you guys and you move it to the time this one is on...wtf?

Glad I worked that out with mike.xlolx

asumike83
September 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Holy Christ I specifically schedule around you guys and you move it to the time this one is on...wtf?

Glad I worked that out with mike.xlolx

Yeah... you can blame Bryden's job for that one! Only thing is it makes it difficult to participate in the Wedge, and I would really like to. The scheduling is unfortunate but at least both are available after the fact as well.

AppIAA
September 4th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Yes, unfortunately, my work decided to change my schedule on me!!!!