PDA

View Full Version : New EIU Helmet

eiu1999
August 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.eiupanthers.com/images/2012/8/2/rp_primary_Black_Helmet_IMG_6553_web.jpg

Personally, I like the old ones better, the grey with the black panther.

http://www.eiupanthers.com/images/2011/9/12/rp_primary_pantherhelmet_msIMG_2789.jpg

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
I don't like the decals myself. I'd rather see something a little simpler. Maybe a block E or something like that?

I'd also like to see a stripe down the middle or ideally a triple stripe. I can't stand helmets with no stripe.

eiu1999
August 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
This was my favorite they used in the 1990s.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Eastern_Illinois_OLD1.gif

Redhawk2010
August 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Maybe somebody should let EIU know their school colors don't include black! One of my biggest pet peeves!

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
How much does it cost a school like EIU to completely replace their entire inventory of helmet shells? Looks like they can reuse the same facemasks.

Hammerhead
August 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
^^^ +1 ^^^ UND has black jerseys even though their school colors are kelly green and white according to their media guide.

If you aren't going to use the school colors, why not go all out with the flaming striped panther in Catherine Parr's coat of arms? :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ugzb0Sk21qznlhho1_r1_500.png

Gringer1
August 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Everybody wants to have a black jersey to look cool. Teams should be proud of their own colors and wear them right.

UNIFanSince1983
August 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Every team wears white jerseys even though most schools don't have it as an official color...

On the helmet I actually really like them. I do, however, have a problem with EIUs logo. I really think it is too busy. I don't know something about it doesn't look right to me.

Hammerhead
August 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
That's because the NCAA requires the away team to wear white unless there is a written agreement between the schools (and with conference officials if both teams want to wear colored jerseys.)

Every team wears white jerseys even though most schools don't have it as an official color...

Redhawk2010
August 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
How much does it cost a school like EIU to completely replace their entire inventory of helmet shells? Looks like they can reuse the same facemasks.

They don't replace them. They paint them. I don't know what it would cost to re-paint them, but I would guess most teams get their helmets re-painted each year even if they stay with the same color..

Not a very good argument. That is football. It's just like home teams in basketball wearing white.

On the helmet I actually really like them. I do, however, have a problem with EIUs logo. I really think it is too busy. I don't know something about it doesn't look right to me.

I actually like the logo. Just not the helmet color. Just an opinion is all ;)

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
They don't replace them. They paint them. I don't know what it would cost to re-paint them, but I would guess most teams get their helmets re-painted each year even if they stay with the same color..

I actually like the logo. Just not the helmet color. Just an opinion is all ;)

I know helmets are "reconditioned" or something like that every year usually, but I would definitely think it'd be more expensive to completely repaint the shells than just buy new ones.

I think it also depends on if they're actually painted or if the molded hard plastic is just that color.

Redhawk2010
August 3rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Well I know that the school I work at just got our helmets painted for this season. They decided to switch from a "glossy" black to the "matte" black like what Oklahoma State wears. It is much cheaper to have them painted than it would be to replace them all. My senior year we went from an orange helmet to black. On the inside you could still see the orange..