PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation near for playoff expansion?

FanofFCS
August 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
NCAA Committee met this week.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_8_02_2012.htm

Model Citizen
August 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
No comments? Really? After years of histrionics, you people are silent when the NCAA actually makes a move?

BlueHenSinfonian
August 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
No comments? Really? After years of histrionics, you people are silent when the NCAA actually makes a move?

Did I miss a move being made? From what I've read it looks like the same old "Yes, it's almost definitely going to happen, it's just not official yet" that we've been hearing for this entire off-season.

I-16Bandit
August 2nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
The playoff expansion needs to stop. It's getting out of hand trying to appease the teams that think they deserved a spot.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
The playoff expansion needs to stop. It's getting out of hand trying to appease the teams that think they deserved a spot.

It only adds more games to a play-in round. Who cares? If you're good enough to be seeded, you will still play what is effectively the same kind of team.

I-16Bandit
August 2nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
It only adds more games to a play-in round. Who cares? If you're good enough to be seeded, you will still play what is effectively the same kind of team.

Every time it's expanded, the prestige of making the playoffs decreases in my opinion. Would you want the first rounds full of 6-5 teams?

TheValleyRaider
August 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Every time it's expanded, the prestige of making the playoffs decreases in my opinion. Would you want the first rounds full of 6-5 teams?

How many 6-5 teams do you think will actually make the playoffs?

darell1976
August 3rd, 2012, 09:18 AM

The one that knocks off Georgia Southern.

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM

Lafayette!!

carney2
August 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Whaddya bet that it turns out to be just an excuse to have more CAA teams in the playoffs?! I'm not saying they're not the best FCS conference. They are. But they had, what, 5 last year? How many more with an expanded playoff system? At what point does it become the CAA Playoffs instead of the FCS Playoffs? I don't know what the solution is because giving a bid to, let's say, Wagner and excluding Delaware sure ain't it. On the other hand, going to 6, 7, 8 CAA teams in the playoffs is NOT something I want to see. Should there be some sort of limit to the number of teams from the same conference? If you can't place in the top 3 or 4 in your conference maybe you don't belong in the playoffs, no matter how strong your schedule was.

TheValleyRaider
August 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Lafayette!!

Got in as League champs into a 16 team field

Next! ;)