PDA

View Full Version : I-AA teams in NCAA Football 2007 for ps2?

helmetman
July 3rd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Are there any new I-aa teams in this years game?

ButlerGSU
July 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
I heard they took the I-AA teams and stadiums out of the game this year but I'm not much of a video gamer so I could be completely wrong.

helmetman
July 3rd, 2006, 12:59 PM
Your kinda right. I heard that they took them off for 360.

NFLCB2
July 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
I heard for Ps2 and 3 maybe they will put more 1-AA teams in 08??

blur2005
July 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
As far as I can tell from reading, there will be I-AA teams on current generation consoles, while the 360 won't have them. However, I don't know if there will be new I-AA teams on the game.

Cincy App
July 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
I believe that Northern Colorado will be the only new team in the PS2 version due to joining the Big Sky. For others, it's wait til next year...

SO ILLmatic
July 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, UNC is the only new i-aa team I expect to be on the game. Next year expect Austin Peay and Central Arkansas to be added.

The conferences I feel that have the best chance of being completely added to future games:
1) Patriot 2)Great West 3)Big South {just because of Coastal}

I saw an interview a website had with one of the playbook creators, and when asked if he could add one thing to the game what would it be. He responded by saying "Using D-IAA teams in dynasty mode." Maybe he was hinting at this year's game, or he could of just been adding his two cents about the game....

Hopefully they can get the kinks out of the future-gen systems (X360 & PS3) and add all the teams & their stadiums. Because I'm tired of playing in the generic stadiums with underrated i-aa players.

ncbears
July 3rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
I believe that Northern Colorado will be the only new team in the PS2 version due to joining the Big Sky. For others, it's wait til next year...

I assume we're on it for the first xbx game system as well. I can't wait! I wonder who they have starting at qb for us??

SO ILLmatic
July 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Dont be surprised if the have last year's roster for the Bears. EA Sports has been known to be lazy with the D-IAA teams and put the previous year's roster for some teams.

Cincy App
July 16th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I picked up a copy of the "NCAA '07 Official Game Guide" last night. Northern Colorado is not listed. 79 I-AA teams are in the game which I believe represents no change from last year's edition. Good luck Big Sky'ers with the "create-a-school" option.

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I had my copy since Friday morning. The rosters for the 1-aa teams are incorrect as usual. The kicking game change.

lambertjr
July 16th, 2006, 09:04 AM
You would think thast they could add just a couple of more teams to be accurate?

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2006, 11:27 AM
nah, EA Sports is too lazy and they have no competition to force them to actually work hard and put out a GREAT product (instead of a good product with numerous flaws)

superbrett2000
July 16th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I had my copy since Friday morning. The rosters for the 1-aa teams are incorrect as usual. The kicking game change.

Did Eastern Washington's new jerseys make it into the game? They are all red with a white arch across the chest.

SochorField
July 16th, 2006, 04:36 PM
So wait....no I-AA teams on the 360 version?

I'm getting sick of crappy 360 games (except Call of Duty 2)! I'm gonna sell this damn thing and go back to the 'ole ps2.

blur2005
July 16th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I am confused about the release date. Wal-mart says it comes out on July 18th, but at easports.com it says July 21, as does Circuit City. I want to buy it at Circuit City because apparently they're giving free strategy guides with it. But I don't know if I can wait an extra three days considering the couple days after I purchase this game every year I spend naming the rosters. Not all the names, obviously, but I'd say probably half the players...which takes a lot of time.

SO ILLmatic
July 16th, 2006, 08:24 PM
18th for most major stores that offer video games

GaSouthern
July 17th, 2006, 12:23 PM
10 hours and 47 min's!

Ralze34
July 18th, 2006, 02:32 PM
My friend just got the game and it looks like they just copied the exact same I-AA rosters from last years game and put them into this one. And I mean an EXACT copy! What a bummer......

MSUBear42
July 18th, 2006, 03:24 PM
And they have Missouri State as Mizzou State.

NoCoDanny
July 18th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Wow, sounds like they literally mailed this one in. That's f'ing pathetic.

blackfordpu
July 18th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I am confused about the release date. Wal-mart says it comes out on July 18th, but at easports.com it says July 21, as does Circuit City. I want to buy it at Circuit City because apparently they're giving free strategy guides with it. But I don't know if I can wait an extra three days considering the couple days after I purchase this game every year I spend naming the rosters. Not all the names, obviously, but I'd say probably half the players...which takes a lot of time.

Do you really need a strategy guide for a college football game?

GeauxColonels
July 18th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Do you really need a strategy guide for a college football game?
Yeahhhhh, I was thinking the same thing.

I bought my copy today during my lunch break and have been staring at the clock since then waiting to see the big 5:00. This is TORTURE!

GaSouthern
July 18th, 2006, 06:47 PM
The only thing updated for GSU is they changed our Offense and D.... everything else is still 2005 game exactly, which means screwed up.

polyfanman
July 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
pretty much everything is the same except for a few new features like legend mode. All the D1AA teams are the same, even a few single A teams rosters are messed up, i compared a few teams that i have friends on and they're numbers arent even in the game. Its bad, I prefer last year because running the option was a blast with vince young and marcus vick xlolx

FlyYtown
July 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Pro's: Great Graphics and Logos.
Great Job on I-A Teams stats etc.

Cons: I-AA Stadiums still look like a high school stadium with the track, but the field job is the same.

Kicking is harder it seems at first but will become easier.
Takes time to get the hang of, but once you do, you will have fun!

Go Penguins

SochorField
July 19th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Once again, the ps2 version is BETTER than the 360 (like madden).

The XBox360 version has no I-AA teams, no pass vision, less features overall and more generic stadiums than the ps2 version. Plus its like $10 more expensive.

360 only did like 10-12 stadiums to perfection, whereas the ps2 has FAR more....which equals more fun.

I've played both and will be buying the ps2 version for sure.

GeauxColonels
July 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why, when I use Nicholls State, the game refers to them as either "Air Force", the "Falcons", or the "Spiders". When I played against Army, it also referred to Army as the "Spiders" a few times too! Anyone else have this problem?!?! :bang: :bang:

Also, the game has the new Nicholls State logo and uses it everywhere EXCEPT on the helmets, but they updated the uniforms? You'd figure if they HAVE the new logo and they updated the unis, they would have addressed the helmets. Right?!?!?!

blackfordpu
July 19th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Yea, definetly won't be buying the 07 version.:rolleyes:

DuckDuckGriz
July 19th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I am getting annoyed of the slow motion when you throw to a receiver -- it really screws you up if you are looking for blockers or trying to run after catching the ball.

MSUBear42
July 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
:bang:
I am getting annoyed of the slow motion when you throw to a receiver -- it really screws you up if you are looking for blockers or trying to run after catching the ball.

Or how the camera changes before you receive a kickoff!:bang:

ncbears
July 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Accordint to this article, the officials at EA sports didn't know UNC was moving to the Big SKy. I guess they don't read ESPN updates?

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20060719/SPORTS/107190068

GeauxColonels
July 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM

:bang:

Or how the camera changes before you receive a kickoff!:bang:
I couldn't agree more with either one of you! I had the exact same complaints!!! Several times, I had a receiver behind the defense (and probably would have scored in NCAA Football 2006), instead, the slow motion allowed the defender to turn around and trip me. And I too despise the angle in which you are forced to play at after kickoffs and punts. :mad:

DuckDuckGriz
July 19th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I never thought I would say this but I'm going back to 06. This is a huge dissapointment all around. And gameplay is *****ed up

MSUBear42
July 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Only thing keeping me playing it is it has us as Missouri State not SMS.

GeauxColonels
July 19th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm going to give it a longer trial run (since I paid $50 for it). But I'm going to look into changing some game settings. I think EA really phoned this one in to cut costs as much as possible while maximizing profits from the sale of the game. Look at the user manual that came with it....or should I say brochure? It's in black and white and less than 10 pages. Hardly ANY info in it. Even THAT sucks!

GaSouthern
July 19th, 2006, 05:51 PM
All of their attention was to finalize the 360 version, and even it sucked. Next year should be awesome though, PS3 here I come.

superbrett2000
July 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Accordint to this article, the officials at EA sports didn't know UNC was moving to the Big SKy. I guess they don't read ESPN updates?

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20060719/SPORTS/107190068

Well, I was going to call BS on it, but I think EA may be telling the truth here. Considering they probably didnt even look at a single thing I-AA related on the game, I think its understandable how they would be unaware of such a change.

Way to use that exclusive NCAA license EA!

blackfordpu
July 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I couldn't agree more with either one of you! I had the exact same complaints!!! Several times, I had a receiver behind the defense (and probably would have scored in NCAA Football 2006), instead, the slow motion allowed the defender to turn around and trip me. And I too despise the angle in which you are forced to play at after kickoffs and punts. :mad:

Man I am feeling better and better about not going out to buy this thing right off the shelf. Thanks for the info guys.

I'll wait for Madden 07.

ncbears
July 19th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Man I am feeling better and better about not going out to buy this thing right off the slelf. Thanks for the info guys.

I'll wait for Madden 07.

I am with you. I have bought the previous two seasons and will save the $50 and skip this season. I'll save that towards Madden 2007. I always have liked the graphics better on Madden and have enjoyed playing it much better then NCAA.

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
I've been following this whole thing pretty closely.

Two issues:

1. Fairness
2. Sufficient public demand

It is only fair to include ALL the 1-aa teams instead of only 80% of them. It's not fair to Colgate, UC Davis, N. Colorado, etc. and the other 35 or so teams.

There is a sufficient public demand for 1-AA representation. I've typed this on a lot of boards so I'm tired. But please write to:

Kendall Boyd, Larry Richart, Anthony White
EA Tiburon
1950 Summit Park Dr
Orlando, FL 32810

GeauxColonels
July 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Just thought some of you W&M people would like to know that the computer simulated a 13-10 victory for W&M over Maryland in the dynasty I am currently playing. While my Colonels got run over by Nebraska 66-0.