PDA

View Full Version : Fmr Oklahoma St Standout - OL Coach at NWST

TexasTerror
July 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Ralph already picked this up on I-AA.org, but I think the SLC fans out there who read this board actively will be interested in Stoker's latest pickup...

Natchitoches --* Former Oklahoma State football operations coordinator Jeremy Offutt, a two-time All-Big XII center and co-captain for the Cowboys, is the new offensive line coach for Northwestern State.

Offutt's hiring by Demons' coach Scott Stoker has the approval of the Board of Supervisors of the University of Louisiana system. Offutt succeeds Chris Truax, who resigned for family reasons this spring after four seasons coaching NSU's offensive line.

Offutt spent the 2004 and 2005 seasons as a graduate assistant working with the Oklahoma State offensive line before being named coordinator of football operations for coach Mike Gundy's program in January. Prior to returning to the Cowboys program, he was information technology director for the city of Paris, Texas.

He helped coach an Oklahoma State offense that in 2004 reached the Alamo Bowl and ranked in the top 15 nationally in scoring (15th, 34.5 points per game), rushing (9th, 245 yards per game) and pass efficiency (9th, 156.9 rating) while leading the Big XII Conference in red zone offense with a scoring rate of 93.3 percent.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=79195