PDA

View Full Version : The SoCon on the boil...

Lehigh Football Nation
July 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16593&catid=55&Itemid=157

The College of Charleston's Athletics Committee met with the school's Board of Trustees Tuesday morning. The main discussion involved a possible move by the school from the Southern Conference to the Colonial Athletic Conference. However, no formal invitation has been made by the CAA to CofC to become a member.

But according to CofC Athletics Director Joe Hull, "the Colonial's television package looks very attractive, and men's basketball gets more exposure than the Southern Conference." But the schools has announced that no timeline or deadline has been set concerning a possible move.

SoCon officials meeting, and now a non-denial denial from CoC. Interesting stuff.

CID1990
July 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Please go! Stop fiddle farting around and do it.

Seawolf97
July 28th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Is the CAA having major problems filling slots with good programs ? Word has it and it is only rumor StonyBrook turned down a CAA offer for full sports membership. Add programs like Davidson and Elon to this mix of schools not jumping off rooftops to join the CAA. What is the CAA doing wrong or missing ?

Saint3333
July 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
$1M exit fee is likely hindering Stony Brook type programs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM
What will the SoCon do without CofC to pretend like they co-own SoCon basketball with Davidson?

CID1990
July 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
What will the SoCon do without CofC to pretend like they co-own SoCon basketball with Davidson?

I think we will survive.

Seawolf97
July 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
$1M exit fee is likely hindering Stony Brook type programs.

I agree and I think that was a main sticking point. It remains to be seen if we play football in the CCA come 2013.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I agree and I think that was a main sticking point. It remains to be seen if we play football in the CCA come 2013.

If the money is a sticking point then the CAA should leave ya out anyway. That shows someone wanting to step in fro a drink and move on soon anyway and they don't need that I would imagine. If it's a good fit for the school & the conference then it will happen, if not then work for what you actually want from where SBU is at now.

PaladinFan
July 28th, 2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16593&catid=55&Itemid=157

SoCon officials meeting, and now a non-denial denial from CoC. Interesting stuff.

I would rather Charleston not go, mostly because I like watching their baseball team play, but there's not a lot of sympathy on this board. Most SoCon fans here often forget Davidson, Charleston, and Greensboro are in the SoCOn.

CID1990
July 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I would rather Charleston not go, mostly because I like watching their baseball team play, but there's not a lot of sympathy on this board. Most SoCon fans here often forget Davidson, Charleston, and Greensboro are in the SoCOn.

You'll get the same effect watching Greenville's farm team play baseball. Non-student JUCO transfers with an eye to the dance.