PDA

View Full Version : Who could pick up Starting Running Back Fitzgerald Toussaint from Michigan?

BluBengal07
July 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Fitzgerald was JUST indefinitely suspended from Michigan for a drunk driving arrest and was Wolverines' leading rusher last season and expected to start in the fall.

So, if he wants to continue playing, he will more than likely come to FCS. He's a junior.

Would your team take/consider him? Do you want him on your team?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120723/SPORTS0201/207230401/Michigan-RB-Fitzgerald-Toussaint-suspended-after-drunk-driving-arrest?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

frozennorth
July 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Fitzgerald was JUST indefinitely suspended from Michigan for a drunk driving arrest and was Wolverines' leading rusher last season and expected to start in the fall.

So, if he wants to continue playing, he will more than likely come to FCS. He's a junior.

Would your team take/consider him? Do you want him on your team?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120723/SPORTS0201/207230401/Michigan-RB-Fitzgerald-Toussaint-suspended-after-drunk-driving-arrest?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

or he can just wait until game two and still play at michigan.

CRAZY_DANE
July 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I can bench 200. How much does he weigh? Then I'll let you know if I can pick him up.

bluehenbillk
July 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Dumb move by the kid - it'll cost him the 'Bama game. He ain't transferring anywhere.....

danefan
July 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
I can bench 200. How much does he weigh? Then I'll let you know if I can pick him up.

xsmileyclapx

BluBengal07
July 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
ignorance. if you so choose to read it that way.

anyways, with Michigan moving so quickly on this, i wonder if Fitz had a history of these actions? or just acting quickly to prove that they(Michigan) doesn't tolerate these actions no matter how much of an impact player you are.

frozennorth
July 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
ignorance. if you so choose to read it that way.

anyways, with Michigan moving so quickly on this, i wonder if Fitz had a history of these actions? or just acting quickly to prove that they(Michigan) doesn't tolerate these actions no matter how much of an impact player you are.
they have been pretty quick to probate players who get in trouble. It sounds like he's never been in any trouble before and was well behaved when getting his DUI, so the punishment shouldn't be too significant.

Daved
July 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
He could come home to Y-town but we already have too many RB's that can play.

clenz
July 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
As a Michigan fan I am greatly saddened to hear about this. Terrible decision by a guy who was likely a 1000 yard rusher, again, this year.

His quick suspension may have nothing to do with priors...Michigan, especially under Hoke, has been very quick to suspend. Hoke doesn't **** around with these things. He suspended starting WR Darryl Stonum shortly after he took over. In case you don't know about Stonum....he holds the Michigan record for most kickoff return yards in a single season with 1,001 yards as a member of the 2009 team. He was the second leading receiver on the 2010 team. He was suspended for the full season from the 2011 team for alcohol-related offenses for which he was placed on probation. He violated this probation and was sentenced to jail on January 6, 2012. He was dismissed from the Michigan football team Jan. 17, 2012, after serving a short jail term. He is transfering to Baylor for this coming fall, his last year of eligibility.

Hoke doesn't take much ****.

He, from all accounts, was 100% cooperative with the police....which will *help* him with Hoke

Fitz will likely miss the first two or three weeks but I don't see him transferring.

BR54Niner
July 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
We would love to have him! He fits right in with the program we want to build in Charlotte. What a shame Crowell didn't come to Harrisburg for an unstoppable tandem RB with Toussaint. Does Stephen Garcia have any eligibility left?

Apphole
July 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
We would love to have him! He fits right in with the program we want to build in Charlotte. What a shame Crowell didn't come to Harrisburg for an unstoppable tandem RB with Toussaint. Does Stephen Garcia have any eligibility left?

The only way for you guys to beat Campbell is to land a least a few of those forlorn Penn State players...

Maybe you could get your rivals guy to just add some more stars to the players you already have. It really seemed to help the squad this spring. Y'all are pioneers, I tell ya what. xcoffeex

BR54Niner
July 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM
The only way for you guys to beat Campbell is to land a least a few of those forlorn Penn State players...

Maybe you could get your rivals guy to just add some more stars to the players you already have. It really seemed to help the squad this spring. Y'all are pioneers, I tell ya what. xcoffeex

Don't you have some gang rape victims to silence?

Apphole
July 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Don't you have some gang rape victims to silence?

Get Judy to grow a pair and send your squad up the mountain for the gang rape you've been asking for. Then we'll worry about keeping your players quiet afterwards.

BR54Niner
July 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Get Judy to grow a pair and send your squad up the mountain for the gang rape you've been asking for. Then we'll worry about keeping your players quiet afterwards.

In due time. And I have no doubt it will be (an attempted) gang rape. Why should we expect any better treatment than your coeds?

Apphole
July 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
In due time. And I have no doubt it will be (an attempted) gang rape. Why should we expect any better treatment than your coeds?

We learned our lesson and will require a notarized letter of consent before the penetration of your team.