PDA

View Full Version : B-CU Athletic Training Facility to contain hydrotherapy

Humble Steward
July 22nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Bethune-Cookman University $4.8 million dollar athletic center will contain hydrotherapy for all athletes. The training center is scheduled to open on September 21st. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

http://daytonatimes.com/2012/07/19/hydrotherapy-will-boost-b-cus-athletic-program/

MplsBison
July 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Don't most major FCS programs have hydrotherapy?

I guess I'm failing to see how this warrants a thread on AGS. "Hey guys, [FCS school] is going to start a weight training program in the offseason! That should help to build the players strength!"

Humble Steward
July 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM

I guess I'm failing to see how this warrants a thread on AGS. "Hey guys, [FCS school] is going to start a weight training program in the offseason! That should help to build the players strength!"

LOL, if you would have seen our current athletic center you would know why I am so excited. Just an update on the progress being made with our FCS program.xpeacex

HailSzczur
July 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
LOL, if you would have seen our current athletic center you would know why I am so excited. Just an update on the progress being made with our FCS program.xpeacex

Great for you guys, from a fellow school who could could use some football renovations congrats. I'm glad to see an emphasis on not only training but rehabilitation.

MPLS, not every school has it as good as you guys do, count your blessings.

Bogus Megapardus
July 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM

The world view of hydrotherapy, in the eyes of MplsBison:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2135/majorleaguetub.png

Congrats, B-C guys, on the new training center and the new equipment. Got to make sure there's room in the budget for good trainers who know how to put that gear to its best use!

MplsBison
July 23rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
Great for you guys, from a fellow school who could could use some football renovations congrats. I'm glad to see an emphasis on not only training but rehabilitation.

MPLS, not every school has it as good as you guys do, count your blessings.

Every FCS program lifts weights. Every FCS program has athletic trainers that employ such advanced methods as "ice baths".

This isn't the 1960's.

813Jag
July 23rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
The world view of hydrotherapy, in the eyes of MplsBison:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2135/majorleaguetub.png

Congrats, B-C guys, on the new training center and the new equipment. Got to make sure there's room in the budget for good trainers who know how to put that gear to its best use!
That's pretty much what we used to have xlolx

813Jag
July 23rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Every FCS program lifts weights. Every FCS program has athletic trainers that employ such advanced methods as "ice baths".

This isn't the 1960's.
you'd be very surprised what some schools don't (didn't) have.

MplsBison
July 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
you'd be very surprised what some schools don't (didn't) have.

Well what do you think NDSU has??? Probably just some large tubs filled with water and a couple big ice makers.

Panther88
July 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Well what do you think NDSU has??? Probably just some large tubs filled with water and a couple big ice makers.

Sounds about right for PV.

Redhawk2010
July 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Having been a part of a Division One athletic department and having friends that work in DI athletic training rooms (including NDSU!) I can tell you that it varies greatly on your defitinition of "hydrotherapy." I looked on NDSU's website and it appears they do have a fairly large whirlpool, but they also have a few large cattle troughs used for ice baths. I know that at SEMO the Redhawks have a large cattle trough used during preseason and two whirlpools in the athletic training room. Meanwhile other schools have underwater treadmills and all sorts of other hydrotherapy equipment. Some have underwater cameras, etc.

Also, the staff of schools varies greatly. I've seen schools that have similar number of sports and athletes with varying numbers of support staff. SEMO has 4 full-time athletic trainers and 6 graduate assistants. Meanwhile Jacksonville State has 3 full-time and one GA. But you would think that Jacksonville State would have a bigger staff because they have a better record on the field in a lot of sports.. They're both DI in the OVC..

MplsBison
July 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Is an underwater treadmill like underwater basketweaving????

sgt smash
July 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
As long as it isnt Penn States version of hydrotherapy, its a step in the right direction.

MplsBison
July 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
As long as it isnt Penn States version of hydrotherapy, its a step in the right direction.

Oh wow. Probably too soon