PDA

View Full Version : Rhody hires assistants from Delaware and Norfolk State ?

Brad82
July 21st, 2012, 06:40 AM
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/releases/20120719upnktu

Bios look good.
Anyone know these guys?

dgreco
July 21st, 2012, 06:45 AM
Looks like they both came from programs when they were winning, it will be nice for Rhody to have that mentality as part of the coaching staff.

Brad82
July 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Dgreco-right on!

Seawolf97
July 21st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Any possibility URI remains in the CAA? Based on the possibility SBU and Albany move to the CAA ? If URI stays thats 5 northern CAA programs and would aid in travel costs. for everyone.

BlueHenSinfonian
July 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Boler was originally going to move on to coach at the University of San Diego, apparently Rhody outbid them.

Brad82
July 21st, 2012, 10:51 AM
BlueHen-Wow-Rhody does not pay that well.

Seawolf97
July 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
As I questioned earlier. These seem like high profile coaches for a team destined to the NEC.

Brad82
July 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Boler was lookin @ WR coaching job @ USD.
Now it makes more sense.

Brian_Ewart
July 21st, 2012, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't assume that URI is going to ever play in the NEC.

They might, but there situation remains unsettled.

Seawolf97
July 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't assume that URI is going to ever play in the NEC.

They might, but there situation remains unsettled.

Thats my point. These two new additions are more suited for a CAA type schedule and maybe an FBS game every year than playing St Francis or Wagner. Actually if all the rumors about who may go to the CAA in the Northeast bear fruit URI is right in the middle with SBU, Albany, UNH and Maine as outlying programs. Five teams means four games with relatively short travel times , well Maine is a stretch . URI can make SBU in under 3 hours even with a ferry ride across the sound. So maybe they stay a little while longer?

WWII
July 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
At this weekends golf outing, Albany football alums were told, by coach Ford, that we were going to be invited to join CAA (football only) along with SBU and that URI might be staying in CAA football.

danefan
July 23rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
No offense to any of the other NEC teams, but without Albany,the NEC becomes far less attractive for URI. Add that to the fact that the CAA would have a legit Northern faction with SBU and UA and it's pretty easy for URI to stay.

bluehenbillk
July 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Boler was well liked at UD - former player with a NC ring. Supposedly made a mistake in leaving for a job in Dan Diego that he realized quickly was a bad move & hooked up with you guys. Best of luck - he's a good coach.

aceinthehole
July 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
No offense to any of the other NEC teams, but without Albany,the NEC becomes far less attractive for URI. Add that to the fact that the CAA would have a legit Northern faction with SBU and UA and it's pretty easy for URI to stay.

I agree, but let's be fair, even WITH Albany in the NEC, it was not attractive to many URI fans/alumni. I'm sure URI can back out of its contract with the NEC for a fee without ever playing a game (ala TCU and the Big East), and that does sound like a strong possibility.

Bottom line, if this does hold out to be true (UA, SBU, and URI to CAA Football), and Central is left out I will be very, very disapointed. :(

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Boler was well liked at UD - former player with a NC ring. Supposedly made a mistake in leaving for a job in Dan Diego that he realized quickly was a bad move & hooked up with you guys. Best of luck - he's a good coach.

I echo that. Even though he's a West Coast guy, David was well thought of in Newark. He's going to be a great addition to an already good URI staff.