PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Media Day

DFW HOYA
July 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Ok, so it isn't SEC Media Days (an event so large it's now more than one day, with over 1,000 credentialed media), but how many journalists cover Patriot League Media Day? It's probably more than a table at lunch with Reinhard, Groller, LFN, and someone from the Sunbury Daily Item, but what's the scope of coverage at this event?

Also, what questions would you ask coaches at this event?

Fordham
July 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
How has the implementation of scholarships impacted your recruiting for the Class of 2013?

RichH2
July 19th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Yup. The rest the same pap. Everyone is better but LU favorite.

colorless raider
July 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
They are lucky to get six reporters there. Pathetic.

timmcd_123
July 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I will be there covering for the sports network ....

RichH2
July 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Good place here to find out what fans want to know. Good luck . It would be nice to hear stuff other than the canned PR.

Bogus Megapardus
July 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I don't suppose that the Washington Post will be there to get the very latest on Georgetown football, but who's fault is that? That's no reason not to hold PL Media Day. For some mid-market, local dailies PL football is the major game in town. Why shouldn't the league hold its annual Media Day?

With the advent of scholarships in the PL, I suspect that some larger media will attend - such as PennLive, NJ.com, Star-Ledger, Philadelphia Inquirer, Boston Herold, etc. I would think that CBS College Sports would be interested as well, since it will produce 25 or so PL contests (in a variety of sports) for live national television broadcast this season.

That said, I'm fairly certain that Verizon FiOS won't be there. At least I hope not.