PDA

View Full Version : Preseason bottom ten?

alvinkayak6
July 13th, 2012, 01:57 AM
1=bottom of bottom 10 10 = top of bottom 10

1. Valparaiso
2. Charleston Southern
3. MVSU
4. Morehead State
5. Nicholls State
6. Savannah State
7. Columbia
8. Princeton
9. Western Carolina
10. Northern Colorado

superman7515
July 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I would add VMI in there, no winning seasons since 1981 and more years with 1 or fewer wins than winning seasons in their history.

Ivytalk
July 13th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Good to see the Ivy League so well represented.

JMUNJ08
July 13th, 2012, 12:16 PM
1=bottom of bottom 10 10 = top of bottom 10

1. Valparaiso
2. Charleston Southern
3. MVSU
4. Morehead State
5. Nicholls State
6. Savannah State
7. Columbia
8. Princeton
9. Western Carolina
10. Northern Colorado

Idaho State, VMI, NC Central, W. Illinois, St. Francis, E. Illinois, Fordham should all be ORV at lease for their continual strive to be in this top 10. I'm not sure who to replace but Fordham should be cracking this list...

TheRevSFA
July 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Idaho State, VMI, NC Central, W. Illinois, St. Francis, E. Illinois, Fordham should all be ORV at lease for their continual strive to be in this top 10. I'm not sure who to replace but Fordham should be cracking this list...

I think you could put Lamar on the ORV too..maybe SELA

kdinva
July 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I would add VMI in there, no winning seasons since 1981 and more years with 1 or fewer wins than winning seasons in their history.

We'll see come Nov. 17th xcoachx

superman7515
July 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM

NC Central has been FCS for two seasons, not sure that qualifies as "continual" striving to be bottom 10.

asumike83
July 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Is Western Illinois supposed to be that bad again? Man, they won a playoff game just two years ago.

MSUDuo
July 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Missouri State needs to be there permanently

813Jag
July 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
NC Central has been FCS for two seasons, not sure that qualifies as "continual" striving to be bottom 10.
exactly, and they was pretty solid when Broadway was there in the D2 days.

centexguy
July 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I think you could put Lamar on the ORV too..maybe SELA
That's an ignorant statement about Lamar. They were not even in the bottom 20 last year and they'll have a better team this year.

TheRevSFA
July 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
That's an ignorant statement about Lamar. They were not even in the bottom 20 last year and they'll have a better team this year.

Oh I'm sorry. I mean out scoring you 140-13 the past two seasons might have skewed my opinion of your team

Dane96
July 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Bahahaha

nevadagriz
July 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I mean out scoring you 140-13 the past two seasons might have skewed my opinion of your team

easy jackfan. that is about the same combined scores of the last to times montana played sfa in the playoffs, but my view is not skewed of your program.

TheRevSFA
July 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
easy jackfan. that is about the same combined scores of the last to times montana played sfa in the playoffs, but my view is not skewed of your program.

Let's play in September in Nac and see how good you are. You sure can't win in Texas against other teams

And my view isn't skewed of you. I still think you're good

Bogus Megapardus
July 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
When will carney2 nominate Lafayette for a spot in the bottom 10?

BlueHenSinfonian
July 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
1. Valpo
2. Savannah State
3. Chuck South
4. Miss Valley State
5. Georgia State
6. Alcorn State
7. VMI
8. Columbia
9. Davidson
10. Northern Colorado

Nickels
July 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM

thats debatable, i wouldnt put much faith in a team ran by woodyard and with some of the new transfers coming in, lamar might have more team felonies than wins...

alvinkayak6
July 13th, 2012, 11:44 PM
VMI isn't bottom 10. Also consider: Campbell from PFL and Delaware State from MEAC

hidalgo
July 14th, 2012, 02:52 AM
The Duquesne Dukes go from ODU then to Valpo.........probably the biggest stretch of strength of schedule in the fcs.

superman7515
July 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
VMI isn't bottom 10. Also consider: Campbell from PFL and Delaware State from MEAC

Delaware State beat VMI last year at VMI.

carney2
July 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM
When will carney2 nominate Lafayette for a spot in the bottom 10?

Not this year, but it isn't because the administration and faculty don't want it and aren't trying.

Columbia or Princeton, not both.

Fordham is not bottom 10 worthy and may surprise.

caribbeanhen
July 14th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Delaware State beat VMI last year at VMI.

yea, but you have to admit Del St is a strong contender anyway. What ever happened to the plan to make the jump up to Div 1? xlolx

superman7515
July 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
yea, but you have to admit Del St is a strong contender anyway. What ever happened to the plan to make the jump up to Div 1? xlolx

They have been D1 since 1978, 2 years before UDel was D1.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Missouri State needs to be there permanently

Allen needs to go....period.

Get a young coach with a lot of energy and a good recruiter. For the life of me, I don't understand how MSU is so consistently bad. Great location to St. Louis and KC for recruiting.

Fordham
July 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Not this year, but it isn't because the administration and faculty don't want it and aren't trying.

Columbia or Princeton, not both.

Fordham is not bottom 10 worthy and may surprise.

Thanks carney! Although it's not a surprise if you start telling people!

aceinthehole
July 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Have to say it, but you have to put Saint Francis (Pa.) on this list.

SFPA have won a total of 5 games in the last 4 seasons. Two of wins have been vs. Morehead St. , so they must be on the list as well.

BisonFan02
July 14th, 2012, 12:55 PM
MPLS: "The Pioneer conference has 10 teams in it right?"

Figured I would get that out of the way before he shows up...saves time.

caribbeanhen
July 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
They have been D1 since 1978, 2 years before UDel was D1.

closet DSU fan, that's ok they need whatever fans they can get

centexguy
July 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
thats debatable, i wouldnt put much faith in a team ran by woodyard and with some of the new transfers coming in, lamar might have more team felonies than wins...
Another ignorant statement. Woodard has never brought in any players with felonies. I'm guessing you're referring to Herschel Sims, who has pleaded not-guilty to felony forgery charges. Those charges will be reduced or dropped. But back to football, they didn't finish last in conference last year and they are now beginning to build the depth needed to win more games. At worst they'll be a middle-of-the-pack SLC team this year.

TheRevSFA
July 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Another ignorant statement. Woodard has never brought in any players with felonies. I'm guessing you're referring to Herschel Sims, who has pleaded not-guilty to felony forgery charges. Those charges will be reduced or dropped. But back to football, they didn't finish last in conference last year and they are now beginning to build the depth needed to win more games. At worst they'll be a middle-of-the-pack SLC team this year.

True. I looked at your schedule and you're looking at a solid 4-8 season. Maybe 5-7 if you don't get McMurried, which I'm betting on happening

alvinkayak6
July 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=aceinthehole;1812358]Have to say it, but you have to put Saint Francis (Pa.) on this list.

SFPA have won a total of 5 games in the last 4 seasons. Two of wins have been vs. Morehead St. , so they must be on the list as well.[/QUOTE

That's a great point, and I should have specified 2012 preseason bottom 10. my bad

superman7515
July 14th, 2012, 09:44 PM
closet DSU fan, that's ok they need whatever fans they can get

Born and raised in Delaware, I'm a fan of all things Delaware. I'll cheer for UD, DSU, Wesley, DelTech, Wilmington U, and anyone else here who decides to lace em up and play a sport. Of course, I could just make smarmy comments like yourself and then when presented with facts try a lame attempt at some sort of put down. Unfortunately, I'm proud of where I grew up, so I don't mind cheering for DelState. I imagine they'll finalize moving up to FBS on the same day UD finalizes the stadium upgrades they've trotted out and rescinded every year for the last decade because the aging fanbase isn't donating enough for them to get it built. Which is cool, I guess both fanbases will have something that day.

seantaylor
July 15th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Murray State with Fat Hatcher in his third year.

Gringer1
July 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Murray State with Fat Hatcher in his third year.

That's so unnecessary and not even true.

heath
July 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Got to consider Campbell,just for scheduling the Apprentice school last season.It did get them above .500 in the standings.Give them credit for scheduling Shorter and Virginia-Wise this season,as it may do the same in the PFL.

DJnva
July 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Finally something I can vote for Ga State for in good conscience.

WileECoyote06
July 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the love, but our schedule isn't seeming to help at all. If we win four games, I count this season as a success. If he wins five, I'll throw a party.

I've got to see the scrimmage and see if our QB and line play has improved in order to say we've already turned the corner.

I-16Bandit
July 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
That's so unnecessary and not even true.

Why respond? You pretty much took the bait.

caribbeanhen
July 16th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Born and raised in Delaware, I'm a fan of all things Delaware. I'll cheer for UD, DSU, Wesley, DelTech, Wilmington U, and anyone else here who decides to lace em up and play a sport. Of course, I could just make smarmy comments like yourself and then when presented with facts try a lame attempt at some sort of put down. Unfortunately, I'm proud of where I grew up, so I don't mind cheering for DelState. I imagine they'll finalize moving up to FBS on the same day UD finalizes the stadium upgrades they've trotted out and rescinded every year for the last decade because the aging fanbase isn't donating enough for them to get it built. Which is cool, I guess both fanbases will have something that day.

So your saying you have a delimina on Sep 8th, who to pull for? Delaware or Del State?

superman7515
July 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Nope, no dilemma, I only have season tickets for one team. However, the other ten games, I'll be wanting Delaware State to win (although I realistically see them going somewhere around 3-8/4-7). It's not like they're true in-state rivals like say a Montana & Montana State or Florida & Florida State etc where if you like one, you don't want the other to win. The games really haven't even been competitive to try to build a rivalry yet, but it is a replacement for West Chester that counts towards the playoffs, so that's certainly a plus. And if you look at it like that, why wouldn't you want Delaware State to do well? Delaware beats Delaware State and then DSU finishes 8-3 looks better than Delaware beats Delaware State and DSU finishes 3-8.

caribbeanhen
July 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I root for Del State for all the same reasons you do, but it's so much easier just to make fun of them. That 105-0 loss to Lomax is still painful as there were always a few uninformed fans who associate Delaware with that loss

Milktruck74
July 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Got to consider Campbell,just for scheduling the Apprentice school last season.It did get them above .500 in the standings.Give them credit for scheduling Shorter and Virginia-Wise this season,as it may do the same in the PFL.

Laugh about the Shipbuilders if you want, but having played them in Prep School (FUMA).... You will probably win, but those guys are going to make you feel it on the trip home!!! We scrimmaged them after 4 days of 3-a-days. We knew 3 plays, and they had no business on the field with our skill guys....but in the trenches was a-whole-nother story. I was still 17 and the MAN across from me was about 9 years my senior with a full beard and tatts that started at his finger nails and went up to his neck. Fun times back in the day!!!!