PDA

View Full Version : Walter Payton Nominees

Sammy94
July 12th, 2012, 09:44 AM
First time ever 2 Bearkats made this list and they are only juniors.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/fcsawards/index.aspx

I-16Bandit
July 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
That Heineke kid from ODU is dangerous. He'll surely make a solid run.

EKU-n-GSU
July 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
That Heineke kid from ODU is dangerous. He'll surely make a solid run.

I remember my son's team playing Heineke @ Collins Hill 3 years ago and though we were beaten handily, I don't remember him putting up such huge numbers. He was very impressive in last year's playoffs - both against us and Norfolk State.

asumike83
July 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Almost no chance a WR wins it but Aaron Mellette scares me as much as any player I've seen at this level. Size, speed, hands and great route running. I think he is a much better player than his predecessor Terrell Hudgins, and Hudgins was a Payton runner-up himself.

GlassOnion
July 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
My money is on Breitenstein. 1500 yards as a Jr, 3700 career yards, and has lost just 39 yards rushing, EVER. That young man is a beast.

I-16Bandit
July 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Just throwing this out there, but Georgia Southern has a guy by the name of Dominique Swope who ran for 1,033 yards his freshman year (2011) with only 6 starts.

I have a feeling he isn't looking to slow down.

HailSzczur
July 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Only 3 Payton Nominees on our schedule, feeling good about this year xthumbsupx

GlassOnion
July 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Still got to worry about the ones that arent pre-season nominees. Halfway through the season half a dozen or more will show up on that list.

AppAlum2003
July 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I think Jamal Jackson will work himself onto the list by the end of the season. In no way am I saying he'll win, but I think he'll put up good enough numbers to make the final "big" list.

wapiti
July 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
If WR Rod Rumble out of Idaho State could get a decent QB with a decent O-line he could put up some great numbers.
He may be the best WR in FCS, he just needs a decent QB that has time to throw.

Bison06
July 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Coolest name on the list by far is Rodrick Rumble...awesome name!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Spadola should see more opportunities in the running game. He might not have the receptions and receiving yards like he's put up the last two years but his overall production shouldn't drop off much, if any imo. Bottom line, Spadola's name isn't going away without Lum.

Screamin_Eagle174
July 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Nick Edwards > Rodrick Rumble. xcoffeex

asumike83
July 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Coolest name on the list by far is Rodrick Rumble...awesome name!

I'm still partial to Flanders:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Ned_Flanders.png/222px-Ned_Flanders.png

AppAlum2003
July 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Stupid Flanders...

andy7171
July 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Spadola should see more opportunities in the running game. He might not have the receptions and receiving yards like he's put up the last two years but his overall production shouldn't drop off much, if any imo. Bottom line, Spadola's name isn't going away without Lum.

Unless he starts dropping the N word all over the place again.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Unless he starts dropping the N word all over the place again.

I think he should come out and declare himself an "artist" that way he can claim it's just "musical expression" everytime he drops s rhyme. That tactic works for Towson xsmiley_wix

RichH2
July 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ryan will need for Mike to step up at qb to have any real shot at this award. If not then BB to the fore and back to classic Air Lehigh.

Bam
July 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Congrats mr denham. Hope this is a special yr in richmond!

slostang
July 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I think Cal Poly QB Andre Broadous may make the list before the end of the season.

Seawolf97
July 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Keep an eye on Marcus Coker. This could be quite a tandem at SBU.

clenz
July 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Keep an eye on Marcus Coker. This could be quite a tandem at SBU.

Won't win it...ever...he'd have to break all sorts of records fir it to happen

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

whoanellie
July 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
no doubt Michael Buffer's favorite player
Nick Edwards > Rodrick Rumble. xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
July 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think Cal Poly QB Andre Broadous may make the list before the end of the season.

As will Padron, considering I don't have high hopes for our run game again this year. We will be passing the ball A LOT.

slostang
July 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
As will Padron, considering I don't have high hopes for our run game again this year. We will be passing the ball A LOT.

If Andre Broadous makes the list his running skills will be a big reason why. He rushed for almost 800 yards and 18 TDs in 2011 as the QB in Cal Poly's triple option offense. He also has a good arm and move the offense through the air. He has only one INT in 15 starts vs 13 passing TDs.

DJnva
July 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I remember my son's team playing Heineke @ Collins Hill 3 years ago and though we were beaten handily, I don't remember him putting up such huge numbers. He was very impressive in last year's playoffs - both against us and Norfolk State.

Heinicke's HS team was dominated by a pretty good RB from what I recall until his senior year when he was given more freedom.

Nickels
July 13th, 2012, 12:43 AM

i feel even better, dont face any and have two on my team :D...

frozennorth
July 13th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Won't win it...ever...he'd have to break all sorts of records fir it to happen

coker is good enough to bust some records against stony brook's competition.

clenz
July 13th, 2012, 06:23 AM
coker is good enough to bust some records against stony brook's competition.

Also going to hurt him

FBS transfer

UNH Fanboi
July 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM

The real question is whether is social media presence will be as prolific.

kittiekop
July 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM

So this year will be different than the last 15 years how??? xlolx

hidalgo
July 14th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Larry McCoy RB or Sean Patterson QB will be on the list by mid-season. Both players have been two of the main cogs in Duquesnes rise from non-scholly to NEC Co-Champs......McCoy who will be the Dukes all-time leading rusher and Patterson who has accounted for over 5000 yards and 53 td's the past two seasons (something like 16-3 last 19 starts). Duquesne SID and department is not very good IMO. Thses guys will have to do it on the field and have been for 3-4 years. They will do it the right way because It wont come from a bunch of propaganda from their own school.