PDA

View Full Version : Upstate AGS/CS.Com Get Together September 6?

Pages : [1] 2

AshevilleApp2
July 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
After seeing KNUTS thread about arriving in Greenville, SC prior to heading to Boone, I thought it might be a good idea to try and have a get together on Thursday September 6, somewhere in Greenville, to honor our guests from Montana.

Any of you good Paladin, Terrier, Bulldog, Mountaineer, etc. fans interested?

Ursus/Cleets, I know this should probably be in the lounge, but we get more traffic here. Move it if you feel the need. Thanks.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
After seeing KNUTS thread about arriving in Greenville, SC prior to heading to Boone, I thought it might be a good idea to try and have a get together on Thursday September 6, somewhere in Greenville, to honor our guests from Montana.

Any of you good Paladin, Terrier, Bulldog, Mountaineer, etc. fans interested?

Ursus/Cleets, I know this should probably be in the lounge, but we get more traffic here. Move it if you feel the need. Thanks.

Your kind of a step ahead here but I've been working with Appa, Knuts, and several others on this if we make the trip happen. It is one of the primary reasons we are looking at going into Greenville and using Thursday to go check out Wofford and Furman and then be in Greenville for a get together with you guys on Thursday night.

So since you got ahead of us by a few hours we were looking at hotels in Gville and I was trying to remember the spot you guys have met at in the past. Please start with the information on where we should meet and where we should stay that would limit driving.

I know OL FU is in Atlanta now but Appa & I were talking about you, DD, Cman, and the host of other Wofford, Furman, and App fans that live close there.

It's getting fairly firmed up and so forth and we should know by Friday but it's looking like a go so let's get the Greenville plans rolling.

BTW, we are looking at between 8-12 going and are gonna need sme passenger rental or something to go from the time we get there until we get back from Boone to head back west. Anybody with some info. or help there would be appreciated.

AshevilleApp2
July 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Your kind of a step ahead here but I've been working with Appa, Knuts, and several others on this if we make the trip happen. It is one of the primary reasons we are looking at going into Greenville and using Thursday to go check out Wofford and Furman and then be in Greenville for a get together with you guys on Thursday night.

So since you got ahead of us by a few hours we were looking at hotels in Gville and I was trying to remember the spot you guys have met at in the past. Please start with the information on where we should meet and where we should stay that would limit driving.

I know OL FU is in Atlanta now but Appa & I were talking about you, DD, Cman, and the host of other Wofford, Furman, and App fans that live close there.

It's getting fairly firmed up and so forth and we should know by Friday but it's looking like a go so let's get the Greenville plans rolling.

BTW, we are looking at between 8-12 going and are gonna need sme passenger rental or something to go from the time we get there until we get back from Boone to head back west. Anybody with some info. or help there would be appreciated.

I just PM'ed OL FU and he might be able to make it.

I'll try and find out some of the other information as well. If we can meet downtown there are two hotels within easy walking distance. A little more expensive for the room, but less worry about scraps with the law.

OL FU
July 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Damn Guys. You wait til I move to Atlanta to make a trip to Greenvillexrotatehx What the ****xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I just PM'ed OL FU and he might be able to make it.

I'll try and find out some of the other information as well. If we can meet downtown there are two hotels within easy walking distance. A little more expensive for the room, but less worry about scraps with the law.

Always wanted to meet OL so if he is showing up that's fantastic. I don't mind a certain amount of upcharge but if it's a rape then the party may move to an area near the less rapey hotels.

Send me or KNUTS some names to search and get in touch with hotels and we'll get it figured out.

AshevilleApp2
July 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Damn Guys. You wait til I move to Atlanta to make a trip to Greenvillexrotatehx What the ****xlolx

OL FU what were the names of the places we met at in the past?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Yeah, Montana doesn't travel my man.

OL FU
July 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Montana doesn't travel my man.

xlolx

Thursday might be tough for me but we will see. You guys have a little further to go than I do. xnodx

Also, thursday is good and bad for downtown. Bad, it is one of the busiest night as they have a free "concert" every thursday. Good, there will be lots of drunk 20somthing honeys on the street.xsmileyclapx

Hotels downtown - Hyatt, Courtyard, Westin and Holiday inn Express. I am going to guess on a week night. you aren't getting there for less than $130/night.

The good thing about downtown is that you have 70 or so bars in a 15 block area. Bad thing the hotel prices.

Asheville, the other place we went is now closed. Can't remember the name of it. O'Malley's was another but I don't really think you want to go back there. That was citdog's hangout and he was trying to score with the server or at least get some free drinks.

You could still do the Woodruff road area and stay at the hotel you used that time. Can't remember the name. ASUG8 is a good one to ask. Believe me. He knows all the bars in town.:D

ASUG8
July 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Lots of Greenville bar options, I guess it kind of depends on how many we're expecting before I start throwing ideas out there. We tend to overestimate, get a place that will accommodate 30 and then underdeliver. xrolleyesx

If you're downtown, here's a list:
City Tavern - kinda divey, but might fit the bill
Sharkey's
Barley's - 60+ on tap, but small
Carolina Ale House - 60+ on tap
Blue Ridge Brewery
Wild Wings
Velo Fellow
Mac's Speed Shop - 60+ on tap
Liberty Tap Room
Compadre's - Mexican joint, but they seem to have some room
Corner Pocket
Blockhouse - my local go-to just out of the downtown area (1 mile)
Connelly's
Cork and Tap - 1 mile out of downtown
Mellow Mushroom

Longer list just out of town (within 3-4 mi of downtown):
Chief's Firewater
Fitzpatricks
The Irish Pub
Bailey's

This is off the top of my head, I'll add more as I think of them. The downtown area will be roughly :10 min from FU, and probably around :30-:40 from Wofford.

OL FU
July 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Lots of Greenville bar options, I guess it kind of depends on how many we're expecting before I start throwing ideas out there. We tend to overestimate, get a place that will accommodate 30 and then underdeliver. xrolleyesx

If you're downtown, here's a list:
City Tavern - kinda divey, but might fit the bill
Sharkey's
Barley's - 60+ on tap, but small
Carolina Ale House - 60+ on tap
Blue Ridge Brewery
Wild Wings
Velo Fellow
Mac's Speed Shop - 60+ on tap
Liberty Tap Room
Compadre's - Mexican joint, but they seem to have some room
Corner Pocket
Blockhouse - my local go-to just out of the downtown area (1 mile)
Connelly's
Cork and Tap - 1 mile out of downtown

Longer list just out of town (within 3-4 mi of downtown):
Chief's Firewater
Fitzpatricks
The Irish Pub
Bailey's

This is off the top of my head, I'll add more as I think of them. The downtown area will be roughly :10 min from FU, and probably around :30-:40 from Wofford.

I knew you would know. Chiefs and Baileys are good choices. Should be able to find reasonable hotels there. Can't remember the names. But I think there are probably about 10 hotels of varying types in that area.

asumike83
July 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
What is the bar behind the left field wall of the baseball stadium right by the ticket office? My girlfriend and I ate and drank there before the ASU game in the SoCon tournament and had a great time. Can't remember the name but they had a decent draft beer selection and an outdoor bar.

Apphole
July 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Will there be anything organized once everyone's in Boone?

KNUTS
July 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Will there be anything organized once everyone's in Boone?

Chaos!!

Skjellyfetti
July 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I would meet up with some of y'all in Boone before or after the game, but not sure I'd be able to make it to Greenville on a Thursday night.

asumike83
July 11th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I would meet up with some of y'all in Boone before or after the game, but not sure I'd be able to make it to Greenville on a Thursday night.

Same here. I'd be on board for a little meet and greet before or after the game too but a round-trip drive to Greenville may not be possible on a work night.

Apphole
July 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Same here. I'd be on board for a little meet and greet before or after the game too but a round-trip drive to Greenville may not be possible on a work night.

Same

ASUG8
July 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
What is the bar behind the left field wall of the baseball stadium right by the ticket office? My girlfriend and I ate and drank there before the ASU game in the SoCon tournament and had a great time. Can't remember the name but they had a decent draft beer selection and an outdoor bar.

That's Liberty, and Compadre's is 25 yds away. Mac's Speed shop is across the street from Liberty.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah, we will be setting up with you Boone dudes for Friday night. I think we're gonna accumulate Appaholic to go along with us from Greenville/Asheville to Boone on Friday so we'll get that put together next. It'll be great to meet up and party with you fella's.

Apphole
July 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
And it's officially a night game. Could September 8 be any more epic?

ASUG8
July 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
And it's officially a night game. Could September 8 be any more epic?

Only if the result was like the televised night game vs. Wofford a few years back. xnodx

Apphole
July 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Only if the result was like the televised night game vs. Wofford a few years back. xnodx

I'm sure it will. 70-24 is the only way to make up for our 0-2 deficit in a single game.

Grizo406
July 12th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Only rumor at this point, but for those that might have "conflicting schedules" on what promises to be a stellar event, and think you might not be able to make it...some potentiation...a little "icing on the cake" teaser is in order to help you decide...

As old and feeble as he is, and as much as he dislikes leaving Western Montana, the Grizo is gonna' take one for the team! His "Farewell Tour" will include stops in Greenville, SC and Boone, NC this September.

Depending on the accommodations, a "Meet & Greet" will be set up for pictures, autographs, and a Q&A session...time permitting.

KNUTS
July 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Only rumor at this point, but for those that might have "conflicting schedules" on what promises to be a stellar event, and think you might not be able to make it...some potentiation...a little "icing on the cake" teaser is in order to help you decide...

As old and feeble as he is, and as much as he dislikes leaving Western Montana, the Grizo is gonna' take one for the team! His "Farewell Tour" will include stops in Greenville, SC and Boone, NC.

Depending on the accommodations, a "Meet & Greet" will be set up for pictures, autographs, and a Q&A session...time permitting.

The plaque for second place is in the ladies room... And there isn't two O's in Grizo.

Grizo406
July 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM
The plaque for second place is in the ladies room... And there isn't two O's in Grizo.

Those O's hafta' go somewhere!

When it counted, looks like they found a "home" in Ryno's batting average, huh?!!?

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
What would you know about "O"s?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OL FU
July 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM

As old and feeble as he is, and as much as he dislikes leaving Western Montana, the Grizo is gonna' take one for the team! His "Farewell Tour" will include stops in Greenville, SC and Boone, NC this September.

Looks like I am going to be in Greenville on the 6th of Septxthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
July 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I can't risk giving up my secret identity...

Yes, it's me, Bev Perdue.

Grizo406
July 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Looks like I am going to be in Greenville on the 6th of Septxthumbsupx

This should be an absolutely GREAT time, OL!xnodx

Terrific add on your new sig! xthumbsupx

That's the song that plays through my head ever time I have lunch with Ursus and KNUTS!

That particular song musta' been written with those two in mind...'cause the words are so appropriate for them...you'll see!!xlolx

asknoquarter21
July 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Sounds fun, but I don't think I can do a Thursday night in Greenville.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
That's the song that plays through my head ever time I have lunch with Ursus and KNUTS!

That particular song musta' been written with those two in mind...'cause the words are so appropriate for them...you'll see!!xlolx

Better jiggle the handle on your "poo spiller" gzo, it looks like it running again.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Sounds fun, but I don't think I can do a Thursday night in Greenville.

We'll get something rolling Friday night in Boone too so you could make that one right?

Grizo406
July 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Better jiggle the handle on your "poo spiller" gzo, it looks like it running again.

"I see my light come shining..."

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM
"I see my light come shining..."

do ya

tractorapp
July 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hey guys, count me in for Thursday night. Liberty Tap room sounds like a great choice.

AshevilleApp2
July 16th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Hey guys, count me in for Thursday night. Liberty Tap room sounds like a great choice.

xthumbsupx Spread the word. Right now we have more Montana folks planning to attend than we do Southern Conference folks.

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Question for the Montana contingent. tractorapp suggests the Liberty Tap Room, which is downtown. Are ya'll okay with this as a starting point?

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Looks like PRiceline has the cheapest downtown hotel at $98. holiday in express. The Hyatt is about 125.00. there are hotels in short driving distance that gets much cheaper (assuming you will be able to drive)

OB55
July 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM
We are looking at the possibility of making this trip. Ursus has done a great job getting details worked out and making it affordable to come along for the fun. Have one to sell the idea to yet, awaiting more details...

TheRevSFA
July 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
i personally think AGS needs to have a symposium at the NC in Frisco..and by symposium I mean tailgate...

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
We are looking at the possibility of making this trip. Ursus has done a great job getting details worked out and making it affordable to come along for the fun. Have one to sell the idea to yet, awaiting more details...

What kind of details do you need to make the sale?

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
i personally think AGS needs to have a symposium at the NC in Frisco..and by symposium I mean tailgate...

Good idea. If we ever make it that far!

OB55
July 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
What kind of details do you need to make the sale?

Stuff from Ursus mostly, flights, days, etc.

Probably can't get away until Thursday though. I will be trying

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM

That would be awesome! Hope you can make it.

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM

flights - Flap your friggin' wings
Days - Unlimited.

Hope you can make it.

OB55
July 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thing I have going for me is we have no other travel plans for this year, there are a couple things working against me, mostly my fault. :o

Yeah, with the figures I got from Ursus, and if getting out on Thursday works in the local plans, etc, I am going to promote it as only I can...

How far from local scareport will the festivities ensue, and what is the best way for us to get there, stuff like that.

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thing I have going for me is we have no other travel plans for this year, there are a couple things working against me, mostly my fault. :o

Yeah, with the figures I got from Ursus, and if getting out on Thursday works in the local plans, etc, I am going to promote it as only I can...

How far from local scareport will the festivities ensue, and what is the best way for us to get there, stuff like that.

I'm guessing it's about 15 miles from Greenville/Spartanburg airport via 85/385. OL FU and ASUG8 can give better information on that.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 02:21 PM
here's the deal on Thursday in Greensville. Either we get decent priced lodging downtown close to the places mentioned (OL FU's) prices seem decent to me). Or we get a hotel slightly outside for cheaper and the party is there.

There won't be any driving until the AM when we leave.

Now if a hotel has a shuttle to take us in and a way back then great.

If any of you guys want to send me a pm with the links to shortcut the options then please feel free to help a brother out. KNUTS and I have been working this puppy for over a week now and have a good general idea what's going on but the local help sure can't hurt us since we have not actually booked anything yet.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM

If we book downtown or anywhere and then you are coming the next day I would think an airport shuttle or hotel shuttle should be fairly easily arranged and if not then we will be going to Wofford and Furman on Thursday during the day so maybe we can make that work too.

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
here's the deal on Thursday in Greensville. Either we get decent priced lodging downtown close to the places mentioned (OL FU's) prices seem decent to me). Or we get a hotel slightly outside for cheaper and the party is there.

There won't be any driving until the AM when we leave.

Now if a hotel has a shuttle to take us in and a way back then great.

If any of you guys want to send me a pm with the links to shortcut the options then please feel free to help a brother out. KNUTS and I have been working this puppy for over a week now and have a good general idea what's going on but the local help sure can't hurt us since we have not actually booked anything yet.

I will send the links if you want but I just went to priceline (which I know nothing about) and typed in Greenville SC. The downtown hotels are as follows: All the hotels will specify downtown, the others will be Greenville but won't have the downtown location.

Holiday Inn Express
Hyatt Regency
Westin Poinsett
Marriott Courtyard

Let me know what types of links you are looking for and I will send. I'm kind of a dummy, so I am not sure what you are looking for.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I will send the links if you want but I just went to priceline (which I know nothing about) and typed in Greenville SC. The downtown hotels are as follows: All the hotels will specify downtown, the others will be Greenville but won't have the downtown location.

Holiday Inn Express
Hyatt Regency
Westin Poinsett
Marriott Courtyard

Let me know what types of links you are looking for and I will send. I'm kind of a dummy, so I am not sure what you are looking for.

That's good enough, I can look it up. I'm just throwing it out there so if you come across a specific link or something so I can call the actual hotel and ask them some questions I can make sure I'm talking to the correct place.

No biggie, that gets me there.

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Holiday Inn Express
Hyatt Regency
Westin Poinsett
Marriott Courtyard

I think these are the best downtown options. I found a Comfort Inn and Suites on Orbitz that said downtown, but it looked to be about a mile south of the stadium. That seems like a kind of long walk, since most of downtown if north of the stadium. If I recall right. :o

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think these are the best downtown options. I found a Comfort Inn and Suites on Orbitz that said downtown, but it looked to be about a mile south of the stadium. That seems like a kind of long walk, since most of downtown if north of the stadium. If I recall right. :o

The Hyatt is $126 and HI Express is $99.3 Now Both are a good walk from Liberty tavern ( I would guess a mile). So they walk to it would be easy, but the walk back might be tough:D Liberty is at one end of Downtown and The Hyatt and HI Express on the other end. I don't care, but we might want to pick a spot more toward the hotels if that is were the guys stay.

If I remember the Comfort Inn's location, it is probably not a good walk:(

drpnut
July 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Count me in...Would anyone in the Upstate area be willing to host this shin-dig at their house? If so I would throw some money in to help get the food, etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM
The Hyatt is $126 and HI Express is $99.3 Now Both are a good walk from Liberty tavern ( I would guess a mile). So they walk to it would be easy, but the walk back might be tough:D Liberty is at one end of Downtown and The Hyatt and HI Express on the other end. I don't care, but we might want to pick a spot more toward the hotels if that is were the guys stay.

If I remember the Comfort Inn's location, it is probably not a good walk:(

Yeah, there ain't gonna be no mile walks to and from in an area we know little about. 5 blocks or so from where we are staying at so we should be able to either find a place to stay that is near the meet up or meet up near the place we stay.

Of course there is always a cab ride if need be so we'll work that out if need be.

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah, there ain't gonna be no mile walks to and from in an area we know little about. 5 blocks or so from where we are staying at so we should be able to either find a place to stay that is near the meet up or meet up near the place we stay.

Of course there is always a cab ride if need be so we'll work that out if need be.

The downtown walk is a breeze. All of it is on Main street. All of it is well lit (pun intended). All of it will have lots of people (including men in blue) on the streets and all of it is safe. In fact it is well worth the walk. However, as I said the well lit walk back could be a little wobbly.

But there is nothing to worry about. Main street is about 15 blocks. With 80 or so bars scattered from one end to the other. Sports Bars, Dutch Taverns, hole in the walls, upscale drinking establishments. You have your pick. A bar close by on Main street Greenville is as easy to find as a hooker on Bourbon Streetxnodx:)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
The downtown walk is a breeze. All of it is on Main street. All of it is well lit (pun intended). All of it will have lots of people (including men in blue) on the streets and all of it is safe. In fact it is well worth the walk. However, as I said the well lit walk back could be a little wobbly.

But there is nothing to worry about. Main street is about 15 blocks. With 80 or so bars scattered from one end to the other. Sports Bars, Dutch Taverns, hole in the walls, upscale drinking establishments. You have your pick. A bar close by on Main street Greenville is as easy to find as a hooker on Bourbon Streetxnodx:)

Got it, and that sounds right up our alley.

More puns...good lord...not even intentional.

OL FU
July 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.eddykicker.com/images/Greenville_Downtown_Main_Street.JPG
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCEoS2WVACU9HCnqz8pmWTAYM8wrGje CowNW7KkQcdCMan_DQwSt6R9rh2dA
http://www.hometobuyorsell.com/greenville-sc-real-estate/greenville-sc-real-estate-08.jpg
http://planningpool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DSC_0341-300x200.jpg

And as I said before, Thursday is one of the free concert nights, so it will be even more lively

OB55
July 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Looks kinda gay, grizo ought to likey!

OL FU
July 18th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I am going to suggest the Carolina Ale House. I know we have done it there before. About five blocks from the HI Express and Hyatt. Good selection. Reasonable prices. Good crowd usually.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sg0zLzkTFag/Ty797BP9NuI/AAAAAAAACvE/LC4m05bUhp4/s320/GreenvilleSC.jpg

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I am going to suggest the Carolina Ale House. I know we have done it there before. About five blocks from the HI Express and Hyatt. Good selection. Reasonable prices. Good crowd usually.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sg0zLzkTFag/Ty797BP9NuI/AAAAAAAACvE/LC4m05bUhp4/s320/GreenvilleSC.jpg

Sounds reasonable to me.

OL FU
July 18th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Sounds reasonable to me.

Also depending on the weather, there is also outdoor seating

apaladin
July 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Carolina Ale House has a retractable roof upstairs. They have way too much Clemson and Carolina stuff but they do have some Furman stuff too. One hotel downtown that has not been mentioned is the Hampton Inn at Riverplace. It's an easy walk (3-4 blocks) from Carolina Ale House.

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Carolina Ale House has a retractable roof upstairs. They have way too much Clemson and Carolina stuff but they do have some Furman stuff too. One hotel downtown that has not been mentioned is the Hampton Inn at Riverplace. It's an easy walk (3-4 blocks) from Carolina Ale House.

You going to join the fun?

OL FU
July 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I checked on the Hampton Inn. They want $155 per night. IT is in the middle of everything so it is a good place to stay.

OL FU
July 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I think we should wait out the weekend to see if anyone objects to the Ale house and if not pick that place. The Montana guys need to give us a time. That will at least give us a starting place and we can go have a beer in each of the 80 or so other places:):D

I just hope I can make it

ASUG8
July 18th, 2012, 03:31 PM

Holiday Inn Express
Hyatt Regency
Westin Poinsett
Marriott Courtyard

I'm less than 2 miles from every one of those. Never had a need to stay at any of them, but I can do some recon if necessary. All are good options, pretty centrally located.

PM me if you need anything on this.

ASUG8
July 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM

I'd be a little hesitant on that Comfort Inn. Recently renovated, but near a rough patch.

ASUG8
July 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I could definitely go for Carolina Ale House - depending on where some of you guys are staying, I'll tentatively throw out that we can give a few rides back to the hotel if necessary.

apaladin
July 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
You going to join the fun?

Planning on it. I only live about 10-15 mins from downtown.

AshevilleApp2
July 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Planning on it. I only live about 10-15 mins from downtown.

Good deal!

dungeonjoe
July 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I would love to see the Montana contingent that I have followed in various places since Wofford's trip there a few years back. However, I have moved recently to the Columbia, SC area. Yall have fun. Buy OL FU a fruity drink and he will be happy.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I would love to see the Montana contingent that I have followed in various places since Wofford's trip there a few years back. However, I have moved recently to the Columbia, SC area. Yall have fun. Buy OL FU a fruity drink and he will be happy.

I'm not gonna lie to you dj, that is truly disappointing news.

Grizo406
July 20th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Looks kinda gay, grizo ought to likey!

Well, if you, the Mrs., or Jager show up, I know I won't be going "home" alone!xreadx

Appaholic
July 21st, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'm in for Thursday night. Unless I fall off wagon, should be able to provide some rides back to hotel if decent hour (planning on working Friday morning, then heading up to Boone). Just ordered my official Appaholic game jersey to wear in Ursus's presence the entire weekend...

Grizo406
July 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm in for Thursday night. Unless I fall off wagon, should be able to provide some rides back to hotel if decent hour (planning on working Friday morning, then heading up to Boone). Just ordered my official Appaholic game jersey to wear in Ursus's presence the entire weekend...

Hopefully, this time we'll be able to meet up, Appa!xnodx

I won't be hard to find. I'll be the only Griz fan with a flashlight belt, wearin' an ASU t-shirt, (courtesy of proasu89), a pair of Air Jordans, and a Rolex.

FWIW, don't approach me from my blind side...I might be packin'!??!

AshevilleApp2
July 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM

Sorry to hear this Joe. Sorrier still that you have to live in Columbia. Stay cool. xnodx

OL FU
July 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM

I prefer the Ingle Martinixnodx

AshevilleApp2
July 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I prefer the Ingle Martinixnodx

If you show up, we'll buy you two.

BR54Niner
July 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM

Sounds good to me. Should be other D1 football fans I can hang out while you rubes hang are waiting to come in on the rope line.xcoffeexI'll be there.

OL FU
July 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
If you show up, we'll buy you two.

Isn't that if you show up, you can "go for two"xcoolx:oxbawlingx

OL FU
July 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sounds good to me. Should be other D1 football fans I can hang out while you rubes hang are waiting to come in on the rope line.xcoffeexI'll be there.

http://www.controlelectronic.com/Bullet%20proof%20VestPhoto.jpg

Wear thisxnodx

OB55
July 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
We are out. xbawlingx

Somebody countered my pitch with a cold bucketful of negativity, most of it substantiated. :(

OL FU
July 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
We are out. xbawlingx

Somebody countered my pitch with a cold bucketful of negativity, most of it substantiated. :(

Bummer. To the next time

The Older Gentleman
July 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
We are out. xbawlingx

How am I ever going to finish my Jedi training oh great one?

AshevilleApp2
July 23rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Isn't that if you show up, you can "go for two"xcoolx:oxbawlingx

I almost added, "just don't slip after drinking them."

AshevilleApp2
July 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
We are out. xbawlingx

Hopefully in Missoula next year.

OB55
July 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
For sure, doesn't look like we will even make it up there this year, been up there every year since the original Griz Challenge in 2008. Really enjoy it, and after all, I can drive up there in six hours.

ASUG8
July 23rd, 2012, 03:47 PM

You need to figure out the lingo for FBS and FCS. I'm sure you can study up this fall while you're waiting to field a team....maybe try an FBS board.xcoolx

OL FU
July 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
You need to figure out the lingo for FBS and FCS. I'm sure you can study up this fall while you're waiting to field a team....maybe try an FBS board.xcoolx

The funniest part was keeping company of Clemson and Carolina. I can see them now. GSUxeyebrowx I didn't know Gastonia had a state universityxconfusedx:D

ASUG8
July 24th, 2012, 08:04 AM
The funniest part was keeping company of Clemson and Carolina. I can see them now. GSUxeyebrowx I didn't know Gastonia had a state universityxconfusedx:D

At least GSU-Atlanta has played some games. xlolx

Some of the UNCC fans have been getting beaten on pretty badly here for never even taking the field - that won't likely improve on the Conference USA board. xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
There. Keep it on the other thread and leave this one for da party.

TheRevSFA
July 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Sad I can't make this party. I still move for a AGS symposium in Frisco this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sad I can't make this party. I still move for a AGS symposium in Frisco this year.

Sounds like a good time to me. Better wait and see how this one turns out for us though.

BR54Niner
July 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a good time to me. Better wait and see how this one turns out for us though.

So I can still come, right?

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I don't know about Thursday but I intend to be there on Game day.

Any one want to split a 6 pack?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Hell yeah!...to both of you. I get the reference Catfish and can't wait to put you in a new move I've been working on called the "helpless turtle".:D

Seriously man, try and make it to the Greenville thing if you can.xthumbsupx

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hell yeah!...to both of you. I get the reference Catfish and can't wait to put you in a new move I've been working on called the "helpless turtle".:D

Seriously man, try and make it to the Greenville thing if you can.xthumbsupx

Thats so gay.

OL FU
July 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM

Are you drinking agexeyebrowx:p

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thats so gay.

Well I'll be damned if I'm gonna argue with an expert on the subject.

Grizo406
July 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Mark, you being there will almost make up for OB not being there...ALMOST!

The only reason I'm makin' this trip is to finally meet up with a couple legends like myself; OL FU & Appaholic.

Hopefully, you can make it! Then, in the distant future, you'll be able to tell the twins: "Yes, kids...I REALLY did get to meet the Grizo, and I split a 6 pack with him! He was AWESOME!".xnodx

AshevilleApp2
July 30th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Bump

In So Far

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner

In?

OL FU
Mrs. ASUG8
The Older Gentleman
Mrs. TOG
Death Dealer
Catamount Man
MarkCCU

We need some more Furman folks to stand up for OL FU at this.

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Various App posters who aren't allowed out on school nights. :p

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Bump

In So Far

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner

In?

OL FU
Mrs. ASUG8
The Older Gentleman
Mrs. TOG
Death Dealer
Catamount Man
MarkCCU

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

Unless something unforseen arises, I am in. TOG is in. Ms TOG is probably in if MS. ASUG8 is in. If she isn't I don't expect Ms. Tog to be the only female attendee.

Have we settled on Carolina Ale House?

AshevilleApp2
July 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Unless something unforseen arises, I am in. TOG is in. Ms TOG is probably in if MS. ASUG8 is in. If she isn't I don't expect Ms. Tog to be the only female attendee.

I think so, unless we hear differently from the Montana folks real soon.

The Older Gentleman
July 30th, 2012, 06:58 AM

I'm in. Mrs. TOG is out. Can't wait.

AshevilleApp2
July 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Bump

In So Far

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Ms. ASUG8
Ms. TOG
Death Dealer
Catamount Man
MarkCCU

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

Updated

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Well I'll be damned if I'm gonna argue with an expert on the subject.

That's right. Not only am I an expert...wait. ****.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mark, you being there will almost make up for OB not being there...ALMOST!

The only reason I'm makin' this trip is to finally meet up with a couple legends like myself; OL FU & Appaholic.

Hopefully, you can make it! Then, in the distant future, you'll be able to tell the twins: "Yes, kids...I REALLY did get to meet the Grizo, and I split a 6 pack with him! He was AWESOME!".xnodx

Yeah, I'm planning on it as of now. I have a college buddy coming in around that time, so we might make the jaunt to Boone. OL FU is a classy gent. He fights bareknuckles. He once got a girl pregnant, just by winking at her.

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on it as of now. I have a college buddy coming in around that time, so we might make the jaunt to Boone. OL FU is a classy gent. He fights bareknuckles. He once got a girl pregnant, just by winking at her.

And child support is expensive no matter how good the wink was:o

Apphole
July 30th, 2012, 08:48 AM
List of posters going to Boone the next day? I can't make it to Greenville.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM

I won't be in Greenville, but i'm 90% positive i'll be in Boone.

BR54Niner
July 30th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I won't be in Greenville, but i'm 90% positive i'll be in Boone.

If Mark is out, then I'm out. You might as well cancel the event.

813Jag
July 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Damn, I would love to make this but I'm only allowed out of state twice in the fall. Gotta find a way to participate in spirit.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM
If Mark is out, then I'm out. You might as well cancel the event.

It wouldn't be the first time an event was cancelled because I failed to make an appearance. This fame isn't easy to live with.

Yet I get by. With the help of my friend, 813Jag.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM
It wouldn't be the first time an event was cancelled because I failed to make an appearance. This fame isn't easy to live with.

Yet I get by. With the help of my friend, 813Jag.

A bench warrant has always been issued in the past for events you didn't show for though. This will be different.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
A bench warrant has always been issued in the past for events you didn't show for though. This will be different.

Are you going to issue Himmler tactics and have someone drag me out of my bed?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Are you going to issue Himmler tactics and have someone drag me out of my bed?

That's not what I thought you meant when you asked if it was OK to bring a drag queen.

ASUG8
July 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the Mrs. is in....she has a crazy travel schedule, but I think she'll be in town that Wed. or Thurs. I'm in either way and she and I both will be heading to the hills for the game.

Notice I'm not boldly calling Boone "mountain country" with the Griz guys in town.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
That's not what I thought you meant when you asked if it was OK to bring a drag queen.

Oh.

Well, since the subject is up, can I? He does a great Miley Cyrus.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Oh.

Well, since the subject is up, can I? He does a great Miley Cyrus.

What the hell!? Am I some sort of communist!? Of course you can!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the Mrs. is in....she has a crazy travel schedule, but I think she'll be in town that Wed. or Thurs. I'm in either way and she and I both will be heading to the hills for the game.

Notice I'm not boldly calling Boone "mountain country" with the Griz guys in town.

hey we're at that HI-Express you and I had talked about so please be our advocate in determining if the Ale House is good or not.

I did notice your choice of wording and commend you on a job well done.

God damn we have very stupid but very funny arguments don't we?

ASUG8
July 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
hey we're at that HI-Express you and I had talked about so please be our advocate in determining if the Ale House is good or not.

I did notice your choice of wording and commend you on a job well done.

God damn we have very stupid but very funny arguments don't we?

http://www.carolinaalehouse.com/beer

Ale House is good, probably a 4 block walk slightly downhill from the HI express - new place (~ 2 yrs old), probably 60+ widescreens none less than 40". If it's televised, they probably have it on. Good beer selection, probably 50 or so on tap. Sure, you'll have to deal with Clemson/USC fans, but a great spot. Solid burgers/apps, overall a good choice.

I expect gameday to be comfortable and loud, unlike Wa-Griz.

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I know it is still early, but what is the expected ETA for the Griz guys. TOG has to start early since his bedtime is 8 PM:p:o

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I know it is still early, but what is the expected ETA for the Griz guys. TOG has to start early since his bedtime is 8 PM:p:o

We're getting in Wed. night about 6p it looks like then going to Furman & Wofford campuses it looks like on Thursday then back to the hotel on whatever schedule we set up.

We'd like input on great food stops along that trip for lunch if there are some as well.

Just so ya know. Breakfast is a big deal. Biscuits & Gravy, Chicken Fried Steak, etc. And I ain't talking about some B&G where the gravy is some simple gravy mix with a little bit of sausage or bacon thrown in so they call it sausage gravy.

That sausage gravy had better be at least 35-40% meat and if there is a bean included anywhere...anywhere I'm gonna tear that place to the gorund!

Keep this in mind and temper your answers carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RNb3tt0LM

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Tommy's Ham House
214 Rutherford St.
Greenville, SC 29609
864-242-6099

It is on the way to Furman from Downtown. So if you go to FU first, breakfast would work. Cleets loved it. All the waitresses called him "Hon"xnodx Of course, if you go to a real southern restaurant, the waitresses call everyone "Hon"xlolx.

It is buffet style and I am sure they will have biscuits and gravy. Try the salt cured ham, but only if your heart is in good conditionxnodx

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
http://tommyscountryhamhouse.com/

Please notice the beautiful diamond F on their website:D

ASUG8
July 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM
When you go to Spartanburg i recommend this place for lunch. The greasiest mess of a burger/fries/onion rings you're likely to find but it's very good. I don't recall if the chili has beans, but you really need to accept the fact that good chili does in fact contain beans. xnodx

http://www.beacondrivein.com/

On the way toward Furman is this place, kind of an institution around here. Can't really speak to the sausage ratio in the gravy, but a pretty good place aside from all the Furman stuff on the walls.

Stax is a local chain - Stax Omega is slightly fancier, while Stax Original is also on the way toward Furman
http://www.staxsoriginal.com/Menu.html
http://www.staxs.net/StaxOmega/BreakfastMenu.aspx

Edit: I see me and OL FU are on the same page with Tommy's. xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
When you go to Spartanburg i recommend this place for lunch. The greasiest mess of a burger/fries/onion rings you're likely to find but it's very good. I don't recall if the chili has beans, but you really need to accept the fact that good chili does in fact contain beans. xnodx

On the way toward Furman is this place, kind of an institution around here. Can't really speak to the sausage ratio in the gravy, but a pretty good place aside from all the Furman stuff on the walls.

Stax is a local chain - Stax Omega is slightly fancier, while Stax Original is also on the way toward Furman

You don't know good chili and if they don't have chili w/o beans...neither do they.

I will take your other suggestions under advisement however.

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM
http://caterans.com/

Here is a place I haven't eaten at in a long time, but at one time it was very good with very good fried chicken.

PS, I know the Spartanburg guys love the Beacon, but any place where you pick up one onion ring and the whole damn pile raises off the plate with it, is a little too greasy for me.

The sandwiches are good though.

And don't forget Chick Fila just to piss DBackJon offxlolx

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM

I am a Furman fan, I can't forget Tommy's.xsmiley_wix

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
http://caterans.com/

Here is a place I haven't eaten at in a long time, but at one time it was very good with very good fried chicken.

PS, I know the Spartanburg guys love the Beacon, but any place where you pick up one onion ring and the whole damn pile raises off the plate with it, is a little too greasy for me.

The sandwiches are good though.

And don't forget Chick Fila just to piss DBackJon offxlolx

I am pretty sure I will try a Chick Fil A while on the trip.

ASUG8
July 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I am a Furman fan, I can't forget Tommy's.xsmiley_wix

Mrs G8 and I walked in with ASU gear on just as the Furman basketball team was walking out. One guy looks at me and goes "Oh, mannnnnn.......". xlolx

In spite of our clothing choices, Tommy is one of the nicest guys you'll run into. xbowx

OL FU
July 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Mrs G8 and I walked in with ASU gear on just as the Furman basketball team was walking out. One guy looks at me and goes "Oh, mannnnnn.......". xlolx

In spite of our clothing choices, Tommy is one of the nicest guys you'll run into. xbowx

You must be a good custormer if they let you in with that ugly **** onxnonoxxeekx:D

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 04:31 PM
The Beacon, I know it has been mentioned, but it's a must. OLFU, what was that brew pub you and I went to? That place was great.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
The following conversation really happened:

Me: Babe, there's a football game on Sept. 8. I'm going with some friends.
Her: Sure. I don't care.
Me: Great. It's in North Carolina and i'll be back Sunday morning.
Her: Wait. What? Where will you stay?
Me: In a hotel probably.
Her: Are you going alone?
Me: No, a bunch of guys from AGS/CS. It's a great opportunity to meat many of the posters i've been talking with since 2004.
Her: You're so getting raped by a Montana guy. Or a North Carolina guy. Just come home with your dignity.

Ha ha. So, the game starts at 6:30. It'll take me 5 hours to get there. Where are you people staying in Boone? Or are you all driving to Boone from Gvegas? What's the deal?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
The following conversation really happened:

Me: Babe, there's a football game on Sept. 8. I'm going with some friends.
Her: Sure. I don't care.
Me: Great. It's in North Carolina and i'll be back Sunday morning.
Her: Wait. What? Where will you stay?
Me: In a hotel probably.
Her: Are you going alone?
Me: No, a bunch of guys from AGS/CS. It's a great opportunity to meat many of the posters i've been talking with since 2004.
Her: You're so getting raped by a Montana guy. Or a North Carolina guy. Just come home with your dignity.

Ha ha. So, the game starts at 6:30. It'll take me 5 hours to get there. Where are you people staying in Boone? Or are you all driving to Boone from Gvegas? What's the deal?

We're driving from Grieenville to Boone on Friday and then have accomodations at a cabin there.

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
im gonna need phone numbers.
have you guys already bought your tix?

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Well, I just confirmed. 100%, MarkCCU, Ibanez, Sticky Bunz, Catfish, MOD33 will be in Boone. Just need to figure out the details. So. Lets work out the logistics

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Ok. So, when I plan to do something, I want to plan in advance. Ursus, can you send me where you guys are staying? I need to see what's nearby. My plan is drive up early Friday so I can partake in the festivites Friday and Saturday night.

Also Sodomy.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Ok. So, when I plan to do something, I want to plan in advance. Ursus, can you send me where you guys are staying? I need to see what's nearby. My plan is drive up early Friday so I can partake in the festivites Friday and Saturday night.

Also Sodomy.

I will get in touch in a short bit but working out some details.

Grizo406
July 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
This trip is a SERIOUSLY big deal for me!

As I've said, ad nauseum, I don't like to leave Missoula for any reason whatsoever! The last time I did, it was the 2008 National Championship game in Chattanooga, and the whole galaxy knows how that one turned out!??!xbawlingxxbawlingx

OL FU alluded to it in an earlier post, and no one said **** about it...which caused me to be concerned! But, if I don't get some good quality country ham, I am gonna' be very cranky!

I don't care if it comes in an Early-Bird Special buffet, a Senior Citizen discount brunch, or a BINGO dinner winner, late night snack meal! There better be some top-notch, high quality, country ham for the Grizo!

Otherwise, I'll refuse all photo, and signature requests...xcoffeex

It's how us old Queens roll, but the choice is your!

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM

As I've said, ad nauseum, I don't like to leave Missoula for any reason whatsoever! The last time I did, it was the 2008 National Championship game in Chattanooga, and the whole galaxy knows how that one turned out!??!xbawlingxxbawlingx

OL FU alluded to it in an earlier post, and no one said **** about it...which caused me to be concerned! But, if I don't get some good quality country ham, I am gonna' be very cranky!

I don't care if it comes in an Early-Bird Special buffet, a Senior Citizen discount brunch, or a BINGO dinner winner, late night snack meal! There better be some top-notch, high quality, country ham for the Grizo!

Grizo, you should have no issues getting that. Down here in the south, we take our Guns, Gravy, Food and Religion very seriously.

I got lots of kin in NC, my name is all over the state, anyone give you the stink eye, you let me know.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM

JFC

MarkCCU
July 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
JFC
Haha. The HOFer is for reals.

tractorapp
July 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
You don't know good chili and if they don't have chili w/o beans...neither do they.

I will take your other suggestions under advisement however.

Stay away from the Beacon in Spartanburg unless ya'll are bringing a surgeon that can perform Gastro Bypass Surgery. Seriously, you will be in the crapper the rest of the weekend if you go there. Only thing special there is the sweet tea. It is excellent, but AVOID the food at the Beacon. Instead, in Spartanburg go to Ike's a bar and grill in the Beaumont Mill village not far from the Wofford campus. Excellent burgers and fried bologna sandwiches. Hand cut french fries that are great.

Grizo406
July 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
JFC

JFC all you want, ain't no way you didn't laugh at that...NO POSSIBLE WAY!

Sympathy laugh, whatever, I don't give a ****, I know you laughed.xnodx

Side note to Mark: My Mom lives in Frankin, NC. So, I should be alright, but I appreciate the backup...couldn't have come from a better/more qualified person than you!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 31st, 2012, 01:12 AM
JFC all you want, ain't no way you didn't laugh at that...NO POSSIBLE WAY!

Sympathy laugh, whatever, I don't give a ****, I know you laughed.xnodx

Side note to Mark: My Mom lives in Frankin, NC. So, I should be alright, but I appreciate the backup...couldn't have come from a better/more qualified person than you!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

I can't lie about this. You've been on fire today.

I have not had this many chuckles at you since the day you lost that fight with the escalator.

Grizo406
July 31st, 2012, 02:28 AM
I can't lie about this. You've been on fire today.

I have not had this many chuckles at you since the day you lost that fight with the escalator.

If I hear anything about escalators in the future, or the possibility that I might hafta' use one on this trip, I'm stayin' the F home!

GFY...

OL FU
July 31st, 2012, 06:47 AM
The Beacon, I know it has been mentioned, but it's a must. OLFU, what was that brew pub you and I went to? That place was great.
Barley's, good spot but no liquor just beer and wine

OL FU
July 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM

Tommy's Ham House is the place to go then.xnodx

And yes I laughed too:D

Grizo406
August 1st, 2012, 12:37 AM
Tommy's Ham House is the place to go then.xnodx

And yes I laughed too:D

Since you recommend Tommy's, and I've NEVER heard you say something that wasn't true, I'm sure it's good!xnodx

The only place I can get it in Missoula is at Crackle Barrel, and that's a hit or miss deal at best.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2012, 01:28 AM
Since you recommend Tommy's, and I've NEVER heard you say something that wasn't true, I'm sure it's good!xnodx

The only place I can get it in Missoula is at Crackle Barrel, and that's a hit or miss deal at best.

The only place you can get what?

Were you serious earlier today when you were talking about cured ham as if it's something rare around here...I was damn sure you were pulling my leg cuz there is no f'n way you could have been serious.

Do you want actual country ham? JFC try a bone in center cut ham steak at Curley's!

You want some more ham steak? Try Uptown Diner, Ruby's cafe, Central Bar & Grill...I ain't even going into the places you can get one for dinner if you want.

I'm seriously shocked that you bring up Cracker Barrel cuz to be honest I didn't even know we had one.

But I'll god damn tell ya I've had good country style cured ham all over Montana since I was a kid.

Now I sure as hell don't know how it all compares to Tommy's cuz that looks real f'n good and I can't wait to try it but holy **** balls! You can't find a good ham steak in Montana? "Oh you better have a glass of water sitting close by when you eat that"...really? No ****? That's sort of how it's supposed to be but thanks for the revelation.

You are out your god damn mind old man.

Cracker Barrel...seriously?

You better come correct if your serious about that Graham Cracker hips.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Damn, I would love to make this but I'm only allowed out of state twice in the fall. Gotta find a way to participate in spirit.

Total BS TJ, I am gonna be there so I will take care of all things black in your absence. I got your back brotha!

Appaholic
August 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Barley's, good spot but no liquor just beer and wine

That may not necessarily be a bad thing.

ASUG8
August 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM

We're headed up to the high country Saturday morning. Should be a messy afternoon. Any guidance you guys can give on getting some decent parking together would be great.

OL FU
August 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM
That may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Well yes but that would mean I would spend most of the evening disposing of the rented beer.

Apphole
August 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
We're headed up to the high country Saturday morning. Should be a messy afternoon. Any guidance you guys can give on getting some decent parking together would be great.

If you're not arriving till gameday, you'll just have to look for the closest pay lot that isn't full.

AshevilleApp2
August 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM

Stay tuned. There also may be some further planning by others for Boone events.

MarkCCU
August 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'm booking a motel, 1 mile from the stadium. So I plan on walking there.

FYI, I'll launch my Assault on Boone around 5pm that Friday. Be ware and Be aware.

BR54Niner
August 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
I'm booking a motel, 1 mile from the stadium. So I plan on walking there.

FYI, I'll launch my Assault on Boone around 5pm that Friday. Be ware and Be aware.

If I come, can I crash with you guys? We're not playing that Saturday.

MarkCCU
August 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
If I come, can I crash with you guys? We're not playing that Saturday.
I'm quite aware that UNCC isn't playing that Saturday.

You can sleep in the bathtub.

No homo

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm late to this party and too lazy to read through 16 pages. Can someone give me a rundown on which AGS douches will be descending upon Boone for the Griz game (besides me)? Thanks.

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'm late to this party and too lazy to read through 16 pages. Can someone give me a rundown on which AGS douches will be descending upon Boone for the Griz game (besides me)? Thanks.

I can tell you that I am not. I am sure you are disappointed

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
I can tell you that I am not. I am sure you are disappointed

Actually I am...you're a cool dude, and I need someone to tell me that as of September 8th ASU still has not received an FBS conference invite.

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Actually I am...you're a cool dude, and I need someone to tell me that as of September 8th ASU still has not received an FBS conference invite.

If you guys make the NC I'll be in Frisco...I plan on attending no matter what teams show..it was fun to watch.

...and I'll still remind you that at the NC game, you don't have a FBS conference invite

Apphole
August 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
If you guys make the NC I'll be in Frisco...I plan on attending no matter what teams show..it was fun to watch.

...and I'll still remind you that at the NC game, you don't have a FBS conference invite

I'll see you in Frisco, post conference invite, and I'll be telling a knock knock joke of my own.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM

xrotatehx

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'll see you in Frisco, post conference invite, and I'll be telling a knock knock joke of my own.

Don't take my style. Create your own. Use a Limerick.

Apphole
August 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Don't take my style. Create your own. Use a Limerick.

Rodney Dangerfield? ".......I'll tell ya that right now"

Maybe Jerry Seinfeld "And whats the deal with......"

I've got options

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
Rodney Dangerfield? ".......I'll tell ya that right now"

Maybe Jerry Seinfeld "And whats the deal with......"

I've got options

Coked out Robin Williams?

Apphole
August 1st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Coked out Robin Williams?

I see your coked our RW, and raise you drunk Bill Cosby talking about App State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKh1TscRW0

AshevilleApp2
August 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM

This is what we have so far for Greenville.

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383 (Maybe, will know soon)
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
Ms. ASUG8 (If work schedule allows)

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

As far as Boone goes, I'd guess that most of the App and Grizz folks will be there, as well as MarkCCU. I don't know if we can convince OL FU, TOG, drpnut, or BR54Niner to make the game.

T-Dog
August 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
I'll be waiting in Boone for you Grizos with a beer or ten.

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
(other unkown Grizz fans)
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

As far as Boone goes, I'd guess that most of the App and Grizz folks will be there, as well as MarkCCU. I don't know if we can convince OL FU, TOG, drpnut, or BR54Niner to make the game.

Thanks! That sounds like quite the raucous party in G'ville. I wish I could attend that, but with a newborn I'm lucky to get clearance to make the game. I guess I'll have to see you all in Boone!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

Edited your post to give other names.

BR54Niner
August 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

I'm in for the game as well. Mark CCU invited me to crash in his motel.

Apphole
August 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM

Prepare to be shown how it's done. This should really put your future gameday in Harrisburg in perspective for you.

AshevilleApp2
August 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Edited your post to give other names.

Just keeps getting better. Ursus, I don't know if you have any magic admin powers, but Citdog's mailbox is full. Anyway you can contact him?

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Just keeps getting better. Ursus, I don't know if you have any magic admin powers, but Citdog's mailbox is full. Anyway you can contact him?

Maybe somebody could put the word out at the next Civil War re-enactment or at the Klan's Jewish Outreach conference??

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM

Well, not really. Haven't talked to him on the phone in nearly a year now and can't get in touch that way so unless someone has another way to contact him we're gonna be out of luck on that one. OL FU may have a connection, or a more recent one than I do.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
I just emailed him. I'll lt ya know if I get a response.

MarkCCU
August 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM

No cops.

MarkCCU
August 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks! That sounds like quite the raucous party in G'ville. I wish I could attend that, but with a newborn I'm lucky to get clearance to make the game. I guess I'll have to see you all in Boone!

Awesome! Looking forward to it this might be the largest AGS meetup ever.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM

The Griz Challenge was 42 overall so this might come close or break it. I think dback had the stats on that one but it was a pretty good number.

MarkCCU
August 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
The Griz Challenge was 42 overall so this might come close or break it. I think dback had the stats on that one but it was a pretty good number.

holy cow! 42 is a lot of people

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
holy cow! 42 is a lot of people

Sheeeit brother, that's how we roll! We've had 13 at "Lunch In Missoula" gathering.xlolx

MarkCCU
August 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Sheeeit brother, that's how we roll! We've had 13 at "Lunch In Missoula" gathering.xlolx

I was drinking at a bar with another AGS poster an we ran into these 2 app state guys. We get to talking and they were AGS posters that we talked to a lot. Small world

OL FU
August 3rd, 2012, 06:24 AM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

I think the plan is to extract a little revenge on the Teal Chickens.

OL FU
August 3rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Well, not really. Haven't talked to him on the phone in nearly a year now and can't get in touch that way so unless someone has another way to contact him we're gonna be out of luck on that one. OL FU may have a connection, or a more recent one than I do.

Lost number. The last number I had didn't work any more. I am guessing that just in time for football season, he is planning to finish up at rehab:D

MarkCCU
August 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
I think the plan is to extract a little revenge on the Teal Chickens.

Why?

ASUMountaineer
August 3rd, 2012, 09:00 AM

Absolutely, I've been wanting to meet all of these clowns since 2005.

asumike83
August 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Pencil me in as a 'maybe' for Thursday night and a definite 'yes' in Boone. Really depends on my work schedule but I love Greenville and would like to meet up if at all possible.

ASUG8
August 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Pencil me in as a 'maybe' for Thursday night and a definite 'yes' in Boone. Really depends on my work schedule but I love Greenville and would like to meet up if at all possible.

I hope you can make it Mike...it would be bad if the Griz fans out travel us to a local spot. xeyebrowx xlolx

BR54Niner
August 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Prepare to be shown how it's done. This should really put your future gameday in Harrisburg in perspective for you.

No matter how great the game is, just imagine if it was a D1 Conf USA game! xsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
August 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman

In?

Death Dealer
Catamount Man
asumike83

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55

As far as Boone goes, I'd guess that most of the App and Grizz folks will be there, as well as MarkCCU and BR54Niner. I don't know if we can convince OL FU, TOG or drpnut to make the game.

New Update

MarkCCU
August 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
No matter how great the game is, just imagine if it was a D1 Conf USA game! xsmiley_wix

I don't think I could imagine anything as depressing and boring.

Wait, if you guys were to play CSU. That would be depressing and boring.

catamount man
August 3rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
I won't be making it.

AshevilleApp2
August 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I won't be making it.

Sorry to hear that.

OL FU
August 5th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Why?

For last year

Apphole
August 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM

I was talking about the gameday experience, not the game itself ie crowd noise and rowdiness. Transient UNCc alums could never match what we have at The Rock: the rowdiest stadium in NC.

catamount man
August 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Yep. Y'all have fun!

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I am really looking forward to meeting Ms ASUG8 and seeing Appaholic again. I hope asumike shows up so we can talk guns and such.........

Does Boone have 4G service yet?

asumike83
August 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I am really looking forward to meeting Ms ASUG8 and seeing Appaholic again. I hope asumike shows up so we can talk guns and such.........

I will definitely be in Boone, hoping to make Greenville but will be a game-time decision depending on work. We can talk guns for sure, I love shooting! I fully support the right to carry but don't think it should be a requirement.

As for 4G... doubtful. You'll probably be stuck with WiFi or 3G, unless something has changed since last time I was up there.

ASUG8
August 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM

If you're there I'll make sure she isn't. xnonox

You'll have 4G in Greenville (assuming Verizon), not sure on Boone. It's a little hard getting a signal period sometimes there due to the geography.

Apphole
August 6th, 2012, 11:12 AM
3G works just fine in Boone. Will people be posting on AGS while sitting at the bar with everyone from AGS? That will be a whole new level of nerd.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
3G works just fine in Boone. Will people be posting on AGS while sitting at the bar with everyone from AGS? That will be a whole new level of nerd.

Ursus and I have some cool stuff lined up for this trip regarding the AGS crowd, it will work with 3G just work way better with 4G................I am pretty sure Ursus is going to embed a link on this site or maybe we will create a thread for what we have planned, you will also be able to see it on www.maroonblood.com as well.

Stay tuned and I promise I will post a picture with Ms ASUG8 doing Jager shots with me.

MarkCCU
August 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
No pictures...I have warrants.

AppAlum2003
August 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
hmmm... really thinking about making it down for this... but it's weird to meet people over the internet, right?

AshevilleApp2
August 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
hmmm... really thinking about making it down for this... but it's weird to meet people over the internet, right?

How many chances do you get to meet Grizo? 'Nuff said.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM

Some of you dorks really have some shame issues.xlolx

By you dorks I mean you, alpha, and probably a lot of others.

How is it any different than meeting than someone after a phone conversation, or just a coversation when you were sitting at a bar.

or a hath house...WHATEVER, you get my point.

ASUG8
August 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM

How is it any different than meeting than someone after a phone conversation, or just a coversation when you were sitting at a bar.

Did you mean "bath house", or "meth house". xeyebrowx

AppAlum2003
August 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM

All right - you talked me into it. I just have to clear it with my WoW guild and I should be there.

AppAlum2003
August 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM

"Franch" house

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
As a sidenote to BR5, Apphole, and anyone else still engaging on this thread and adding any bull**** whatsoever. I've split this thread once and told you that I don't want to pages of bull**** as this is about the gathering and related appointments.

You have your own personal thread for the pissing match. I suggest you use it. Leave this one thread alone or I'll make it so you won't see this anymore.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM

I used an "h"? What a f'n dumbass! It should have been bath house. Way to ruin it ursus!

Anyway...

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Issues?

I tried this whole meeting people online thing once and I met Grizo so dont tell me about issues.......I have every right to be skeptical.......frickin michelob chugging, tat dwarf

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Issues?

I tried this whole meeting people online thing once and I met Grizo so dont tell me about issues.......I have every right to be skeptical.......frickin michelob chugging, tat dwarf

Look, I hadn't even considered that and I truly stand corrected. I apologize.

Grizo406
August 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Issues?

I'm trying to honor the board owner's request, but with untruths like the above, I'm compelled to respond...regardless of Ursus' pussified threats!

For the 117th time, 5' 10",175lbs, and a BF % of 8 is NOT a dwarf, midget, or small/little person, watermelon head!

You didn't mention the kilt...which might make an appearance.xcoffeex

I hope we sit together on "da' plane, da' plane"!

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I have already heard what a waitress does to you, I can only imagine how a stewardess will take your 5'10" (yeah right) frame apart.

Grizo406
August 6th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I have already heard what a waitress does to you, I can only imagine how a stewardess will take your 5'10" (yeah right) frame apart.

That particular waitress was an anomalie, and could have started at any line position in the FCS...about 25 years ago! So, F her, F you, and F Ursus & KNUTS! KNUTS didn't do anything wrong, but F him anyway!

The Grizo, all 5' 10" of his bad self, WILL EDUCATE any/all stewardess', and the above mentioned to THE TRUTH this September!

You're welcome...xwhistlex

BR54Niner
August 7th, 2012, 01:19 PM
As a sidenote to BR5, Apphole, and anyone else still engaging on this thread and adding any bull**** whatsoever. I've split this thread once and told you that I don't want to pages of bull**** as this is about the gathering and related appointments.

You have your own personal thread for the pissing match. I suggest you use it. Leave this one thread alone or I'll make it so you won't see this anymore.

Will do. I aplogize for making an *** of myself.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Will do. I aplogize for making an *** of myself.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

KNUTS
August 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
That particular waitress was an anomalie, and could have started at any line position in the FCS...about 25 years ago! So, F her, F you, and F Ursus & KNUTS! KNUTS didn't do anything wrong, but F him anyway!

The Grizo, all 5' 10" of his bad self, WILL EDUCATE any/all stewardess', and the above mentioned to THE TRUTH this September!

You're welcome...xwhistlex

Being in the 6' and over club it's not that your a midget at 5'10" (more like 5'8") its that you fall in the catagory of people that we will eventually have to reach up and grab something down for.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Is that supposed to say "I reach down for"? That would have been a good one.

I think you are correct on the measurement of Grizo. He always tries to sneak an inch in on us somewhere.

Grizo406
August 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
In my above post, disregard the: "KNUTS didn't do anything wrong" part.

Double F him for his response, and a double FU to Ursus, (who I tower over by at least 2"), for piling on.

Shame on both of you!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Double F him for his response, and a double FU to Ursus, (who I tower over by at least 2"), for piling on.

Shame on both of you!

You realize we can see you right? Do you remember that time you were bothering everyone at the taigate and we poked holes in that Mason Jar lid and put you in it so we could carry on a decent conversation? Good times. When we put that grasshopper in there with you and you hit your head trying to ride him was one of the best shows ever. I'll give ya credit for stealing the spotlight back at the end there.

Grizo406
August 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
You realize we can see you right? Do you remember that time you were bothering everyone at the taigate and we poked holes in that Mason Jar lid and put you in it so we could carry on a decent conversation? Good times. When we put that grasshopper in there with you and you hit your head trying to ride him was one of the best shows ever. I'll give ya credit for stealing the spotlight back at the end there.

Folks, please disregard my "...double FU to Ursus" in my last post.

I've decided to upgrade the above to "Platinum GFY, Ursus" level...

http://imgcdn.nrelate.com/image_cache/voiceofthemonkey.com/cf8e62232580110d98cc0f7a233cb3fd_thumb_Clown-Riding-A-Grasshopper.jpg

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM

xlolx

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
AppAlum 2003
Mr.C

In?

Death Dealer
asumike83
Citdog

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Catamount Man

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
AA2, i edited your post again to show that Griz0383 is now in for sure. He worked out the Guard duty detail and has his ticket so we are complete now.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
AppAlum 2003

In?

Death Dealer
asumike83
Citdog

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Catamount Man

Oh btw, talked to citdog last night as well. He has no idea what's going on because the lazy **** hadn't even read this thread but upon being enlightened he said he was going to try and make it as well.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Shame on both of you!

You wouldnt "tower" over anyone over the age of 12 let alone Ursus.

Even if you were standing on the uphill side on one of those steep San Fran streets you would not be taller than Ursus, even if you were wearing your stiletto heels that go with your kilt, and yes even if......yadda yadda yadda. Most people reading this get the picture but you wont because you have to be at least this tall (5'10") to understand this post

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
You wouldnt "tower" over anyone over the age of 12 let alone Ursus.

Even if you were standing on the uphill side on one of those steep San Fran streets you would not be taller than Ursus, even if you were wearing your stiletto heels that go with your kilt, and yes even if......yadda yadda yadda. Most people reading this get the picture but you wont because you have to be at least this tall (5'10") to understand this post

I don't understand this post. xconfusedx

AshevilleApp2
August 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Oh btw, talked to citdog last night as well. He has no idea what's going on because the lazy **** hadn't even read this thread but upon being enlightened he said he was going to try and make it as well.

Cool. Maybe he can insult Clemson and get us kicked out!

OL FU
August 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cool. Maybe he can insult Clemson and get us kicked out!

I think the line to the waitress whose husband went to Clemson was" What was his degree? Milking or plowing?"

I think she was a little overly sensitive:)

OL FU
August 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM

Did he say how rehab was going this timexconfusedx

Appaholic
August 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I think the line to the waitress whose husband went to Clemson was" What was his degree? Milking or plowing?"

I think she was a little overly sensitive:)

Inferority complex? Overly sensitive & Citdog aren't a good match. Miss that fokker. Where the hell is he now? Richmond? Or hopping a train in a dress?

OL FU
August 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Inferority complex? Overly sensitive & Citdog aren't a good match. Miss that fokker. Where the hell is he now? Richmond? Or hopping a train in a dress?

Probably polishing his Whitworth:o:D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Did he say how rehab was going this timexconfusedx

He said sales were pretty brisk.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
AppAlum 2003
Citdog

In?

Death Dealer
asumike83

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Catamount Man

Hey, thinking of getting some shirts made and having the names throw on the back so is the final list for the Greenville side? Death Dealer doesn't post on this side much so if he's in from the CS side let me know...if anybody does.

Mr. C
August 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
If Mr. C is able to get down the mountain from Boone, he will make an appearance. Might even be able to sign some books for all of the Furman fans that will be there. I bet OL FU understands that.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM
If Mr. C is able to get down the mountain from Boone, he will make an appearance. Might even be able to sign some books for all of the Furman fans that will be there. I bet OL FU understands that.

We're doing Thurs. night in Greenville.

Then gonna meet our Boone friends in Boone at your old office on Friday.

Grizo406
August 14th, 2012, 10:16 PM

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
AppAlum 2003

In?

Death Dealer
asumike83
Citdog

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Catamount Man

I don't have a problem with the the accuracy of the list. From reading all the posts, it seems correct.

What I question, and have a problem with, is why my name is 3rd!??! The sacrifices I'm making to take this trip should be recognized, and putting my name in 3rd place on the above list isn't the way to do it!

Also, I don't appreciate where OL FU is on the list...much too low! And, alpha is much too high. KNUTS' placement is the only correct one, IMO!xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
I hope people put together what you did there.

Wait, I hope you put together what you did there.

If you do have the premise I think you have for that last comment then I must say good job on it.

Good work Alan.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-usEx7C4yaf4/Tww4L9-gXfI/AAAAAAAAAT4/mNxJAXHdKiI/s1600/alan.jpg

Grizo406
August 15th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Thank you, Stu!xthumbsupx

Sorry for the size, but below, you'll see a pre-flight boarding pic of alpha, KNUTS, Ursus & me...

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/51701813956976710644.jpg

AshevilleApp2
August 15th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Hey, thinking of getting some shirts made and having the names throw on the back so is the final list for the Greenville side? Death Dealer doesn't post on this side much so if he's in from the CS side let me know...if anybody does.

As far as I can tell it's final. DD is still a definite maybe. You may want to try and convince him. I PM'ed Bench and MountainMan, but haven't heard anything back. They'd be more likely to make Boone than Greenville anyway. I'm thinking Citdog may make it, but don't know for sure.

ASUG8
August 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
As far as I can tell it's final. DD is still a definite maybe. You may want to try and convince him. I PM'ed Bench and MountainMan, but haven't heard anything back. They'd be more likely to make Boone than Greenville anyway. I'm thinking Citdog may make it, but don't know for sure.

Hard to tell who will actually show, Ursus. These things seem to start with a big group and then end up much smaller. I only actually know a handful on the list and they will generally show. Unless I get hit by a meteor between now and then I should be in.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I will be there unless I get hit by the same meteor.

MarkCCU
August 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I won't be there Thursday.

That's some more confirmation.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Fixed the picture for ya Gzo.

Grizo406
August 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Fixed the picture for ya Gzo.

The thin ice you were on just got a little bit thicker...Thank you!xthumbsupx

I thought the movie characters in that pic represent/depict our group very well! Look wise, they are spot on, and about as accurate as can be!

The only thing that's inaccurate is alpha as Phil...even on his best day, whenever his last one was, alpha DOES NOT look like Bradley Cooper! Of the 4k + posts I have, the end of that last sentence is the most truthful thing I've ever said on AGS.com!

Remember, XL & "Mr. Grizo406".