PDA

View Full Version : S.C. State looking to add an additional O-line coach and D-Line Coach

bosshogg
June 27th, 2006, 03:07 PM
here is the link to the O-line position

http://www.scsu.edu/HRM/description.cfm?ID=488

here is the link to the D-line position

http://www.scsu.edu/HRM/description.cfm?ID=487

these are all on the official SCSU website

MarkCCU
June 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM
SC State only has like 70 days before the season starts, they better get on the ball

bosshogg
June 28th, 2006, 06:32 AM
SC State only has like 70 days before the season starts, they better get on the ball

Its not like that....we are not looking to replace a coach....our O-line coach, Joe Blackwell, is also our OC.....we are hiring an assistant to help run the drills at practice so Blackwell can spend more time on strategy and game planning....

arranger101
July 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
Trust me, they are on the ball. Don't read too much into it! But you can tell your AD and his staff that we are in turmoil, you have all of us DAWGS' permission to do so!xlolx

:rotateh: ...the wheels on the bus go....:rotateh:

CoastalFan2005
July 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
Trust me, they are on the ball. Don't read too much into it! But you can tell your AD and his staff that we are in turmoil, you have all of us DAWGS' permission to do so!xlolx

:rotateh: ...the wheels on the bus go....:rotateh:

Arranger, are you coming to Conway for the game this fall? I'm looking forward to having the Marching '101' come to town...that, and I always look forward to having another KKPsi chapter come to our place. Hope to see you there!

arranger101
July 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
:nod: I myself will not be attending the game, as of now, but the '101' will be there!

inpsite1919
July 3rd, 2006, 01:55 AM
i will be there mr smith

bosshogg
July 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Arranger, are you coming to Conway for the game this fall? I'm looking forward to having the Marching '101' come to town...that, and I always look forward to having another KKPsi chapter come to our place. Hope to see you there!

I'll be there for the whole weekend

inpsite1919
July 5th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Wha game will u be attending arranger?

bosshogg
July 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM
By THOMAS GRANT JR., T&D Senior Sports Writer
Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Watching assistant coaches leave for greener pastures is nothing new for South Carolina State University head football coach Oliver “Buddy” Pough.

The latest departure from his staff comes from defensive tackles’ coach DeJuan Polk, who has taken a position with the pro personnel department with the Atlanta Falcons. The former Clemson University four-year letterman and member of the ACC Academic Honor Roll will be responsible for evaluating team talent and scouting potential new free agents.

“It’s an opportunity ... to try something a little different that you’re not used to but could leave to a lot of different areas,” he said.

Polk joined the Bulldogs’ coaching staff last season after a graduate assistant stint with the Tigers. Ironically, he and former SCSU quarterbacks coach Billy Napier came to Orangeburg last year from Clemson, where Napier returned to in January to become the new offensive line coach.

Despite his brief stay, Polk said he was “more than happy” at SCSU and that made the decision to leave and that a front-office job in the NFL.

“It was a tough decision to make,” he said. “I love coaching. Coach Pough gave me the opportunity here and I can’t thank him enough. We’ve got a great program here and it’s really on the rise. They’re really are going to do some good things here.

Polk “plans to hit the ground running” in Atlanta, where SCSU faces Georgia Tech in 2010, on July 17. Assistant head coach David Blanchard remains in charge of the entire defensive line.

SCSU ranked 23rd in preseason poll

An early perusal of some of the preseason college football publications available at bookstores has one publication ranking SCSU in its early-season Top 25 polls.

The Bulldogs tied with Massachusetts for 23rd in the Street and Smith’s college football preview edition. Coming off a second straight 9-2 season and finishing 19th and 20th, respectively, in the ESPN/USA Today and Sports Network Division I-AA Top 25 polls, SCSU finished ahead of William and Mary and were one of three Palmetto State schools ranked in the poll among with ninth-ranked Furman and 14th ranked Coastal Carolina, whom SCSU faces Sept. 23 in Conway.

Defending Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference champion Hampton placed 10th in the poll. The Pirates were also ranked 23rd in Lindy’s preseason college football edition. SCSU plays host to Hampton on Oct. 21.

SCSU season tickets are still available for purchase in four different packages:

GARNET & BLUE (Sections I, J, K) — $105

Four home games

DOG POUND (Section W) — $95

Four home games

BULLDOG FANATIC (Football and Basketball tickets) — $160

Four home football games and 10-12 home basketball games

Fans can also purchase parking for all four home football games for $50. For more information, call the SCSU Ticket Office at (803) 536-8579 or (800) 298-9157 or visit the school website at www.scsu.edu/services/ticketoffice

T&D Senior Sports Writer Thomas Grant Jr. can be reached by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 803-533-5547. Discuss this and other stories online at TheT&D.com.

arranger101
July 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Wha game will u be attending arranger?

I am not sure yet, but I will still be recuperating from the SU/B-CC game...hopefully!! You know how I do for those Jacksonville games.xlolx
Hey, I might even try to take someone over for D Phi!!!!xcoffeex

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 6th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I am not sure yet, but I will still be recuperating from the SU/B-CC game...hopefully!! You know how I do for those Jacksonville games.xlolx
Hey, I might even try to take someone over for D Phi!!!!xcoffeex
Mannn. Thats the second person that said something about Jacksonville. You guys are really making me want to leave the girlfriend at home that weekend.

arranger101
July 6th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Mannn. Thats the second person that said something about Jacksonville. You guys are really making me want to leave the girlfriend at home that weekend.
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

There will be pleeeenty of drinks to go around...that's for sure!!xcoffeex