PDA

View Full Version : Got the ticket prices for LC's 'new' stadium

65 Pard
June 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Chairback seats are 20 bucks subject to availability.
Adults 13 bucks, Seniors 8 dollars....still a bargain...

Lehigh game tickets are $40chairback/$20 all other.

LeopardFan04
June 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
thanks for posting...still a pretty good deal...any word on what season ticket prices will be?

Pard4Life
June 27th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Chairback seats are 20 bucks subject to availability.
Adults 13 bucks, Seniors 8 dollars....still a bargain...

Lehigh game tickets are $40chairback/$20 all other.

Eh, not happy about a $5 dollar increase but that was my guess.

Geez..... what audacity they have charging that much for the Lehigh game!! $80 for a family of four?? Get real... I thought this stadium was a donation. If I were AD setting prices, I'd only raise GA $2, charge more for chairbacks, and still charge $15 for Lehigh.

Most importantly.... are students still free?

colgate13
June 27th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Eh, not happy about a $5 dollar increase but that was my guess.

Geez..... what audacity they have charging that much for the Lehigh game!! $80 for a family of four?? Get real... I thought this stadium was a donation. If I were AD setting prices, I'd only raise GA $2, charge more for chairbacks, and still charge $15 for Lehigh.

Most importantly.... are students still free?

The stadium might be, but the $3 million or more a year spent on the program sure isn't. If the school can actually make a little $$$ at the gates, more power to them. What's a game a Penn State or Rutgers cost?:twocents:

Go...gate
June 27th, 2006, 02:32 PM
It's the laws of supply and demand; even Princeton doubles ticket prices for Yale and Harvard-Yale tix are always pretty steep, comparatively.

Pard4Life
June 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM
It's the laws of supply and demand; even Princeton doubles ticket prices for Yale and Harvard-Yale tix are always pretty steep, comparatively.

There is demand for Lehigh, but it is not provent there is demand yet for the other games. Even when we have been good, we are lucky to get 6,000 in the stands. But yeah, better than PSU and Suckgers.. we are much smaller though.

carney2
June 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I'm going to be graying up what little hair I have left and borrowing a walker to get those senior rates. Beyond that, any idea when the season ticket - and single game ticket - applications will be available? I assume that it will be online(?).

carney2
June 27th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'm going to be graying up what little hair I have left and borrowing a walker to get those senior rates. Beyond that, any idea when the season ticket - and single game ticket - applications will be available? I assume that it will be online(?).

Ask and ye shall receive. The application is included on Page 143 of the Alumni News which arrived within the last hour or two.

Also included in the Alumni News is a great annotated fold out of the renovated Fisher Field. Help me out, guys. I still don't understand two things:

1. Exactly where is this 60 yd. X 20 yd. practice area going to be? Are we starting a bowling team?

2. How can anyone in the visiting stands see the scoreboard? Hey, you may not like some of them, but they paid for a ticket too.

Answering an earlier question, season ticket prices are:

Adult: $70.00
Senior: $50.00
Youth: $35.00

65 Pard
June 27th, 2006, 06:01 PM
If they raise the scoreboard a little higher than shown in the rendering, everyone should be able to see it..
That practice field will be "to the north of the visitor grandstand", or directly behind them....those trees shown probably won't be there.

colorless raider
June 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Go 'Gate you have to start making the trek to Hamilton and forget these Princeton games. Loyality is rewarded as we will whip the Tiger!;)

Go...gate
June 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I'll be there, Colorless Raider, ready to bleed maroon for the 'gate.

Pard4Life
June 28th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Ask and ye shall receive. The application is included on Page 143 of the Alumni News which arrived within the last hour or two.

Also included in the Alumni News is a great annotated fold out of the renovated Fisher Field. Help me out, guys. I still don't understand two things:

1. Exactly where is this 60 yd. X 20 yd. practice area going to be? Are we starting a bowling team?

2. How can anyone in the visiting stands see the scoreboard? Hey, you may not like some of them, but they paid for a ticket too.

Answering an earlier question, season ticket prices are:

Adult: $70.00
Senior: $50.00
Youth: $35.00

Oh really? It arrived? Hmmm I guess that means I will be getting mine today given you are in PA and it is about a days difference. Can't wait to see the new fold out.

Season ticket prices are pretty reasonable I'll give you that.. maybe only a $10-15 increase over past years.. not bad at all. That's a really good senior and youth rate too.

Pards Rule
June 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Carney, I got my Alumni News yesterday but inasmuch as I got in at 11PM last night flying from Memphis on a bumpy ride in the company plane I was exhausted. So I will pull it out and see for myself.

Pard4Life
June 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Carney, Is this a 'pin-it-on-the-wall' type quality fold-out?

carney2
June 28th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Carney, Is this a 'pin-it-on-the-wall' type quality fold-out?

It is the exact same artist's rendition of the completed Fisher Field that we have been looking at for months now. It is, however, larger than anything we have seen before, so some of our questions (e.g., Where is the press box?) are answered; and it has a series of explanation boxes located here and there in an attempt to explain what you are looking at. Still, questions remain - such as the two I posed in an earlier post on this thread. I have also discovered one more:

The drawing shows 4 light standards, but the box that explains the lighting says that there will be 6. I am assuming that the two not shown will be located right in front of my seat - no matter where that may be. Any word on the location of the lights?

I guess that you can't tell a lot based on just this drawing, but both the press box and the scoreboard appear "adequate," at best.

Pards Rule
June 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Where is the coaches box, Carney?

Pard4Life
June 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
It is the exact same artist's rendition of the completed Fisher Field that we have been looking at for months now. It is, however, larger than anything we have seen before, so some of our questions (e.g., Where is the press box?) are answered; and it has a series of explanation boxes located here and there in an attempt to explain what you are looking at. Still, questions remain - such as the two I posed in an earlier post on this thread. I have also discovered one more:

The drawing shows 4 light standards, but the box that explains the lighting says that there will be 6. I am assuming that the two not shown will be located right in front of my seat - no matter where that may be. Any word on the location of the lights?

I guess that you can't tell a lot based on just this drawing, but both the press box and the scoreboard appear "adequate," at best.

From what you describe, it seems like the Alumni News stole the explanation box display from The Lafayette. They had a point-and-describe box in a spring issue.

I'd assume the coaches' box will be flanking the press box.

carney2
June 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Where is the coaches box, Carney?

Not stated, but I assume that P4L's guess of next to and included in the press box would be correct. Since the press box is shown as only one level sitting on top of the rest room and concessions in approximately the same location as that ancient rest room facility at the top of the home stands and with a concourse/walkway in front of it, I think that the old days of eavesdropping on the coaching staff's blue streaked screams has come to an end.

Pards Rule
June 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Well, maybe we can hear if the windows are open. Those guys can holla!

LBPop
June 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Any idea where they will stick the comped visitors? I'll be up in November--if the Hoyas can hang up a few wins, there might be a few other Georgetown fans. If not, it may only be family and close friends--especially with the likely weather. Hope we at least get a good seat. :nod:

carney2
June 28th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Any idea where they will stick the comped visitors? I'll be up in November--if the Hoyas can hang up a few wins, there might be a few other Georgetown fans. If not, it may only be family and close friends--especially with the likely weather. Hope we at least get a good seat. :nod:

Barring a dream season with the home team @ 9-0, I would expect that this game will be like so many before it at Fisher Field. That is to say, if you don't like your seat, just move. The occasionally faithful will be saving their "day of football" for the next Saturday vs. Lehigh. If you want something on the 50 yard line, I'm betting that it's yours.

Pards Rule
June 28th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Looked at the centerfold (was this Alumni News or Playboy?) and it said the coaches box will be cantilevered over the walkway, bringing it closer to - GODDAMNIT CAN HE CATCH A GODDAMNED BALL?!? SIT HIM DOWN NOW! - the spectator seats

Pard4Life
June 29th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Looked at the centerfold (was this Alumni News or Playboy?) and it said the coaches box will be cantilevered over the walkway, bringing it closer to - GODDAMNIT CAN HE CATCH A GODDAMNED BALL?!? SIT HIM DOWN NOW! - the spectator seats

Argh! Still did not get mine in the mail yet. I am getting anxious!

carney2
June 29th, 2006, 08:33 AM

You must be one of these fat cat contributors that I hear tell about because your Alumni News is obviusly "more complete" than mine. My interpretation of the drawing tells me that the coaches will be located in two small baseball style dugouts located at field level in the east end zone.*

*For those of you who are not aware, Fisher Field is one of the few football facilities in the nation that was laid out without any thought or planning. It was designed by some Lehigh engineers back in the '20s and the field runs east and west. Many a pass or punt has been lost in the sun.

carney2
June 29th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Forgot to mention, but the foldout gives the following information:

13,132 Spectator seats (That means that total attendance can be 13,500 or so. I know, for instance, at I-A games in big stadiums they count everybody - players, coaches, waterboys, referees, freebie administrators, special guests with sideline passes - everybody.)

488 Chairback seats

95 Toilets being installed in the south stands (Does this mean that the visitors in the north stands will have to exercise self control?)

Pard4Life
June 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM
You must be one of these fat cat contributors that I hear tell about because your Alumni News is obviusly "more complete" than mine. My interpretation of the drawing tells me that the coaches will be located in two small baseball style dugouts located at field level in the east end zone.*

*For those of you who are not aware, Fisher Field is one of the few football facilities in the nation that was laid out without any thought or planning. It was designed by some Lehigh engineers back in the '20s and the field runs east and west. Many a pass or punt has been lost in the sun.

xlolx But in truth, I think Fisher is built upon an old landfill. The stadium was well built and concieved for its time though.

Pard4Life
June 29th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Forgot to mention, but the foldout gives the following information:

13,132 Spectator seats (That means that total attendance can be 13,500 or so. I know, for instance, at I-A games in big stadiums they count everybody - players, coaches, waterboys, referees, freebie administrators, special guests with sideline passes - everybody.)

488 Chairback seats

95 Toilets being installed in the south stands (Does this mean that the visitors in the north stands will have to exercise self control?)

Also, don't forget the grassy knoll seating. I don't know how many extras they can fit in, but there should be a fair amount of room.

Wow! That's a lot of toilets! Those toilets were purposely all built in the south stands to spurn the Lehigh fans.

carney2
June 29th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Also, don't forget the grassy knoll seating. I don't know how many extras they can fit in, but there should be a fair amount of room.

Are you talking about the hillside area in the southwest corner between the south stands and the future varsity house? Will they sell tickets for this area? Is this a planned "seating" area? Does anyone know how Lehigh handles their hillside in the end zone nearest the main entry? Do they actually sell tickets for this area?

Pard4Life
July 6th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I recieved my copy in the mail Saturday (finally) and I noticed a few things that have been questioned on the board.

-It appears that the conceptual drawing does not actually match reality. The overhang on the upper concourse is not reflected in the drawing. In my mind, that completely changes what that area of the stadium will look like. If the press box extends as far back as the location the drawing, it is going to be quite spacious. The overhang would make sense since it would be moving the box closer to the field. Also, the caption mentions a luxury box... excellent idea.. I can't remember off-hand, but this is where the coaches' box will also be. So, they will likely hang directly behind the chairback seating.
Q: Is this going to be a bi-level press box?

-The 60x20 yard practice turf does work.... if you tear down the present varsity strength house. The caption said that the new varsity house will hold football offices and medicene/strength rooms. I assume other sports could use these facilities too. With a new facility, what purpose does the old one serve? Is it even in good condition? I don't know the specifics...
Note: I'm a bit indifferent to the practice turf, and I am dissappointed that there will be no trees planted around the entire stadium as depicted in the drawings.

-There will be a tunnel emptying into the visitor stands.. similiar to the ones on the south side... that is not reflected in the drawing.

-I noticed that concourse around the entire stadium.. very nice.. and there are detailed descriptions of what is going to be featured on each concourse.

-The grassy knoll seating will be in the southwest corner apparently. Maybe on the southeast corner as well for the brave people?

-And I don't understand the light configurations... I will leave that to somebody else.

-All in all, I seriously think that once this is completed, we are going to have one of the primier facilities in all I-AA... not just the PL. However, we need to put the fans in the stands to make it truly unique.

Pards Rule
July 6th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm ready! Will be there Sept. 16th for the first night game!! The grassy knoll, hmmm can see the theories now: a gust of wind came over that grassy knoll and knocked down the winning FG!!

UAalum72
July 6th, 2006, 11:32 AM
95 Toilets being installed in the south stands

Wow! That's a lot of toilets! Those toilets were purposely all built in the south stands to spurn the Lehigh fans.

Maybe the engineer just assumed the fans on the south side are full of s.it (rimshot!)