2. Jax State
3. Murray State
4. Tennessee Tech
5. Tennessee Martin
6. SEMO
7. Austin Peay
8. EIU
9. Tennessee State

It's been awhile since I've really kept up with the OVC, but it seems very strange to see APSU ahead of Tenn St. and EIU. What's happened at those schools? It seemed that EIU was always top half at least. Has Austin Peay just gotten that much better?

eiu1999
July 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
It's been awhile since I've really kept up with the OVC, but it seems very strange to see APSU ahead of Tenn St. and EIU. What's happened at those schools? It seemed that EIU was always top half at least. Has Austin Peay just gotten that much better?

Recruiting slipped the last few years under Coach Spoo. Coach Babers has brought a new energy to this team and the first signing class was one of the best in years.

EKU-n-GSU
July 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Bam, from BFE, KY....I've been there!

roTSU50
July 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Nothing is wrong with TSU! This will be one of best teams in awhile(not really saying too much since we have been down for awhile). We have QB that can throw rock along with great WR, and a deep backfield. We did bring in some great transfers to help out our Defense. Last year, our O did a great job. That will continue this year. D will have to step up!!!

roTSU50
July 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good amount of our O line is coming back as well.

TTUEagles
July 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM
TSU is going to be right up there...No way in hell they finish last...that spot is annually reserved for APSU.

Milktruck74
July 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Been there? Hell, I lived there. Very few places in America are as isolated as Eastern Kentucky. It's so fare out there, EKU isn't even in "Eastern" KY...more like central.

ekufbfan
July 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Been there? Hell, I lived there. Very few places in America are as isolated as Eastern Kentucky. It's so fare out there, EKU isn't even in "Eastern" KY...more like central.

FYI if anyone is intersested. If you divide Kentucky in half, EKU would (barely, we ARE actually in central KY) be in the eastern half of the state, while Western Ky U is in the western half of the state. Thus we have EKU and WKU, simple as that.xnodx

I hope that EKU ends the season as OVC Champs. We have a good core coming back and actually play JSU and Murray State in Richmond. No excuses for not having a good season and a better showing in the playoffs. GO Colonels!

msupigskin
July 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
My uneducated guess

1. Eastern Kentucky
2. Jax State
3. Murray State
4. Tennessee Tech
5. Tennessee Martin
6. SEMO
7. Austin Peay
8. EIU
9. Tennessee State

I don't disagree too much, but here's my opinion (not necessarily the way the official preseason vote will turn out):
1. EKU (prohibitive favorite and the pressure is on them and home games help this year)
2. Jax State (always picked, rarely come thru)
3. Murray State (if the defense improves Racers will challenge for the title)
4. UTM (most pieces of this up-down 2011 team return)
5. TSU (will win some big games this season; talent is there if QB play continues to improve)
6. TTU (not as good as last year, but still a solid team)
7. EIU (will improve with new coaching staff)
8. SEMO (could rise up the ranks if transfer QB performs)
9. APSU (still at their traditional spot)

344Johnson
July 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
People pay attention to the OVC? Since when? ;)

ekufbfan
July 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
People pay attention to the OVC? Since when? ;)

Just curious, if you are so uninterested, why did you bother to read the thread much less make a comment.....just guessing..... so you could really put us in our place and show us all how informed, intelligent and important you are. xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

EKU-n-GSU
July 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM
FYI if anyone is intersested. If you divide Kentucky in half, EKU would (barely, we ARE actually in central KY) be in the eastern half of the state, while Western Ky U is in the western half of the state. Thus we have EKU and WKU, simple as that.xnodx

I hope that EKU ends the season as OVC Champs. We have a good core coming back and actually play JSU and Murray State in Richmond. No excuses for not having a good season and a better showing in the playoffs. GO Colonels!

Went to high school in Richmond, obvious choice to go to EKU. 'Twas the late 70's/early 80's,and we were winning then, so what choice do I have. My dad still lives in Richmond, as do a few hundred or so good HS/college friends. Hell, my son was offered a scholarship to play DE there, and even with his mom/my wife being team captain of the volleyball team in '82/'83 he still didn't go. Doesn't mean I don't know where Richmond is, or where I'm from!?! Note the moniker...I still have hopes for a ressurection of EKU glory, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Where, oh where has Roy Kidd gone?

344Johnson
July 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Just curious, if you are so uninterested, why did you bother to read the thread much less make a comment.....just guessing..... so you could really put us in our place and show us all how informed, intelligent and important you are. xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

Relax? Clearly it was a joke? Napoleon Complex or what?

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Went to high school in Richmond, obvious choice to go to EKU. 'Twas the late 70's/early 80's,and we were winning then, so what choice do I have. My dad still lives in Richmond, as do a few hundred or so good HS/college friends. Hell, my son was offered a scholarship to play DE there, and even with his mom/my wife being team captain of the volleyball team in '82/'83 he still didn't go. Doesn't mean I don't know where Richmond is, or where I'm from!?! Note the moniker...I still have hopes for a ressurection of EKU glory, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Where, oh where has Roy Kidd gone?

Was not meant for you at all. Please read again, I said. "if anyone is interested" with a quote from someone called MilkTruk74. Being from Richmond and attending EKU, you should know as well as anyone how many folks think of Eastern KY U being in the heart of the mountains of EASTERN Kentucky. That's all, no insult to you intended. As far as your son "still not going to EKU", I could take that as a tongue in cheek insult toward EKU, but I am choosing to think it was not meant that way (please afford me the same).
Yes, would love to see EKU back the way we were in "the day". Roy Kidd was a great coach who never got the recognition in his home state that he deserved. Remember the year we were 10-0 and National Champs and UK was 0-10 , still all you heard was "Cats". Guess the price we pay for being 20 miles from Lexington.
Good luck to GSU and keep a place in your heart for EKU, we need all the support we can get. Peace.

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Relax? Clearly it was a joke? Napoleon Complex or what?
Joke? yeah, sure. Just like if I threw out a insult to NDSU, you would "clearly "think it was a joke.

Cocky
July 8th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Jack Crowe still Head Coach...Yes...JSU middle of the pack.
Talent cant trump being unprepared and bad game day decisions.

344Johnson
July 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joke? yeah, sure. Just like if I threw out a insult to NDSU, you would "clearly "think it was a joke.

I have a sense of humor. Most people do.

Redbirdz
July 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
The OVC championship will be between Jax State and Eastern Kentucky so the early game is critical.

EKU-n-GSU
July 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Was not meant for you at all. Please read again, I said. "if anyone is interested" with a quote from someone called MilkTruk74. Being from Richmond and attending EKU, you should know as well as anyone how many folks think of Eastern KY U being in the heart of the mountains of EASTERN Kentucky. That's all, no insult to you intended. As far as your son "still not going to EKU", I could take that as a tongue in cheek insult toward EKU, but I am choosing to think it was not meant that way (please afford me the same).
Yes, would love to see EKU back the way we were in "the day". Roy Kidd was a great coach who never got the recognition in his home state that he deserved. Remember the year we were 10-0 and National Champs and UK was 0-10 , still all you heard was "Cats". Guess the price we pay for being 20 miles from Lexington.
Good luck to GSU and keep a place in your heart for EKU, we need all the support we can get. Peace.

No offense taken, friend. When our son made his choice, he had multiple offers to play OT but really wanted to play DE, and EKU was the only school that offered the position. Believe me we would have been perfectly happy driving to Richmond and around the OVC to watch him play; trouble was he didn't want to leave GA. And I do remember the day when 'the' KY state rivalry was EKU vs. WKU - FB and BB...what a great tradition. FWIW - I'm still a huge 'Cat fan as well!

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I have a sense of humor. Most people do.

ok, your slam on the OVC was a "joke" and you "have a sense of humor", I'll accept that and hope you remember this the next time someone throws out a "joke" about NDSU. (otherwise perhaps you are just passive-aggressive...just saying xeyebrowx)

344Johnson
July 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
ok, your slam on the OVC was a "joke" and you "have a sense of humor", I'll accept that and hope you remember this the next time someone throws out a "joke" about NDSU. (otherwise perhaps you are just passive-aggressive...just saying xeyebrowx)

It wasn't even a slam. Just a bit of a joke because this board usually focuses on 2 conferences much more than the others.

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM
The OVC championship will be between Jax State and Eastern Kentucky so the early game is critical.

1. Agree totally. That early game between us is huge and especially for the team who loses.
2. Murray State will be a player in the OVC race.
3. EKU cannot lose the home games against JSU and MSU (either one of them) and expect to have the season anticipated. Would be a huge disappointment for fans and for expectations of restoring a program that hardly ever lost a home game to anyone.

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
It wasn't even a slam. Just a bit of a joke because this board usually focuses on 2 conferences much more than the others.

Okay, we'll let this one go......xbeerchugx

GO EKU!

344Johnson
July 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Okay, we'll let this one go......xbeerchugx

GO EKU!

even seeing emoticon beer makes me sick right now.

TTUEagles
July 8th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I could see any of the following winning the conference this year: EKU, Jacksonville St., Murray St., Tenn Tech (homer?) OR TSU....

ekufbfan
July 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I could see any of the following winning the conference this year: EKU, Jacksonville St., Murray St., Tenn Tech (homer?) OR TSU....

EKU at TTU-middle of the season, yes I could see us easily stubbing our toe against you guys. TTU always plays us tough and TTU was on the rise last year and a legitimate co champ. What are you expecting this year from your team?

TTUEagles
July 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
EKU at TTU-middle of the season, yes I could see us easily stubbing our toe against you guys. TTU always plays us tough and TTU was on the rise last year and a legitimate co champ. What are you expecting this year from your team?

I don't really know...Have a ton of letter-winners returning, even after losing a bunch of seniors...There still is a lot of experience along the lines and good RB's/WR's, QB is solid and returning for Sr. year. I don't know if "we" have that 1-guy to go to at WR like last year, maybe that's a good thing? RB's should be as good as anybody's in the league (depth-wise), but I worry (again) about the ability to pressure the QB and the play of the CB's...

Bam
July 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM

Well I was born in BFE (Catlettsburg, KY xcrazyx, but now live in the big city in the 859 now. GO COLONELS!!!!

colonelblitz
July 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well I was born in BFE (Catlettsburg, KY xcrazyx, but now live in the big city in the 859 now. GO COLONELS!!!! Bump to the 859... formerly the 606.. Colonels win it this year.

wheatstraw78
July 9th, 2012, 09:59 PM
My uneducated guess

1. Eastern Kentucky
2. Jax State
3. Murray State
4. Tennessee Tech
5. Tennessee Martin
6. SEMO
7. Austin Peay
8. EIU
9. Tennessee State

xcoffeex

Very uneducated guess if you pick TSU to finish last.

Tighteye
July 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
xcoffeex

Very uneducated guess if you pick TSU to finish last.

Let them sleep!

TTUEagles
July 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Let them sleep!

Some fans may be "sleeping" on TSU (I'm not - I'm a believer)... but, I highly doubt that any teams in the OVC are [sleeping on the Tigers]...

Milktruck74
July 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Well I was born in BFE (Catlettsburg, KY xcrazyx, but now live in the big city in the 859 now. GO COLONELS!!!!

Bam, I spent a lifetime in Pikeville. Well it was two years, but that is plenty enough for a lifetime. Also spent a year in London (a little better). I'm going on 3 in the 859. Stonewall to be exact. I love Lexington, it is now home. As far as the CKU rib...its just because I heard the HWY23 crowd bash anything west of Salyersville as "NOT BEING EASTERN" enough, and they often included EKU. I went to the Chatty game at EKU and tailgated, your fans were a class act. Shoot, I'm a big fan of the OVC....MY Mocs were OVC Champs last year. HA.xlolx

TTUEagles
July 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Bam, I spent a lifetime in Pikeville. Well it was two years, but that is plenty enough for a lifetime. Also spent a year in London (a little better). I'm going on 3 in the 859. Stonewall to be exact. I love Lexington, it is now home. As far as the CKU rib...its just because I heard the HWY23 crowd bash anything west of Salyersville as "NOT BEING EASTERN" enough, and they often included EKU. I went to the Chatty game at EKU and tailgated, your fans were a class act. Shoot, I'm a big fan of the OVC....MY Mocs were OVC Champs last year. HA.xlolx

Didn't defeat us...xwhistlex

:)

Bam
July 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Sad but true milkman. The fans that do show are great only wish more wouldcome out to support the team.

alvinkayak6
July 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
1. EKU
2. Jacksonville State
3. Tennessee Martin
4. Murray State
5. Tennessee Tech
6. EIU
7. SEMO
8. TSU
9. APSU

My uneducated guess