PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State's Hancock Stadium Renovation

mmiller_34
July 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Looks like the renovations will start soon according to the pantagraph.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-targets-aug-for-start-of-hancock-stadium-project/article_c29aeec0-b596-11e1-a0f3-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

DetroitFlyer
July 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
So, when I come there to see my Flyers play, the place will be all torn up? Great. Should we bring our own seats?

MplsBison
July 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but with the obviously superior Redbird Arena available - why do they keep the fieldhouse that's right next to the stadium?

Is there any need or possibility of getting rid of it to get the stadium more room on the west side, possibly for further expansion?

PS - Redbird arena is really nice! Wow! It's too bad that NDSU couldn't have an actual arena like that.

MplsBison
July 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
So, when I come there to see my Flyers play, the place will be all torn up? Great. Should we bring our own seats?

It says capacity will be 7000.

The 6000 Redbird fans and 20 Dayton fans should fit fine.

Redhawk2010
July 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but with the obviously superior Redbird Arena available - why do they keep the fieldhouse that's right next to the stadium?

PS - Redbird arena is really nice! Wow! It's too bad that NDSU couldn't have an actual arena like that.

Gymnastics, indoor track and field, indoor baseball/softball facility, PE facilities, athletic training room, etc