PDA

View Full Version : Georgia... STUD Isaiah Crowell dismissed

ASU_Fanatic
June 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
will an FCS team be lucky enough to snag him? If he can put this behind him and stay healthy he would absolutely tear it up at this level, he was already on pace to be in the running for the Heisman by his Jr. or Sr. year.

cbarrier90
June 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
will an FCS team be lucky enough to snag him?

Not sure if "lucky" is the correct term...

If he can put this behind him and stay healthy he would absolutely tear it up at this level,

Ahh, yes. The classic "He Was the Number 1/ Five Star Prospect Out of High School So He's Automatically Guaranteed to Dominate FCS Competition" argument...

he was already on pace to be in the running for the Heisman by his Jr. or Sr. year.

850 yards as a freshman. Besides, he probably would have been splitting carries with Keith Marshall and whoever else the 'Dogs have in their loaded backfield.

Crowell will probably end up sinking into oblivion at somewhere like Georgia State. Such a waste of talent. Sad...

ASU_Fanatic
June 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
850 yards as a TRUE FRESHMAN in the SEC? that is outstanding, Todd Gurley>Keith Marshall. I could see him at Ga St. but I hope he comes to App.

cbarrier90
June 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
850 yards as a TRUE FRESHMAN in the SEC? that is outstanding, Todd Gurley>Keith Marshall. I could see him at Ga St. but I hope he comes to App.

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

ASU_Fanatic
June 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gifso you don't want a kid who ran for 850 yards in the sec as a true freshman to come here where we really need a consistent running back?

seantaylor
June 30th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Overrated player. Don't want him near the program.

ASU_Fanatic
June 30th, 2012, 12:39 AM
okay let your coach know that please.

Gringer1
June 30th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I think I heard this story before when his name was Washaun Ealey. That worked out really well, right?

blueballs
June 30th, 2012, 06:32 AM

10-4 on that...Don't need him and sure as hell don't want him.

blueballs
June 30th, 2012, 06:37 AM

As your rival as a GSU fan I hope he takes his act to Boone and destroys your team chemistry, gives your program a black eye with his entitlement thug attitude and behavior, and saddles your program a reputation for recruiting criminals to play ahead of HS recruits.

However, as a person who respects Jerry Moore and appreciates what he has built in Boone I hope he is smart enough to not go there. Besides, y'all don't need him either. Y'all have a good program and this turd will only sour that.

MSU Catz
June 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
The kid is a felon, I hope he can turn it around... but when did we lose track of what universities were all about?

GSU EAGLES
June 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
He's not as good as Trent Richardson who didn't exactly dominate Ga Southern in our game against Bama last year. Granted he had 175 yards on 32 carries, but it certainly wasn't like he was running all over us every play. His longest run was 22 yards so he earned every one of his 175 yards. Just making the point that a great RB in FCS does not mean he would completely dominate every team. Washaun Ealey didn't help Jax State all that much last year and he was a top 5 SEC running back.

PaladinFan
June 30th, 2012, 07:24 AM
This kid is from my hometown, and I've followed him for years. As talented a young back as there is in college football, as though starting as a true freshman at "running back U" wasn't indication enough.

I would stay away from him. He was trouble in high school, and trouble in college. I frankly want little to do with a guy that gets handed so many opportunities only to throw them away. I also am of the opinion that troublemaker rarely succeed at the FCS level as transfers. Not because they aren't talented, but because they can't get it together between the ears.

asumike83
June 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Taking on a kid who was dismissed for a DUI, marijuana possession, etc. is giving a young man a second chance to atone for his mistakes. Felony weapons possession of a presumably stolen 9MM with the serial number scratched off is something different all together. He was already on his 2nd or 3rd chance at UGA and now prison time is not totally out of the question.

Sad to see such a waste of talent but do I want him anywhere near Appalachian? No, thank you.

SU DOG
June 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Taking on a kid who was dismissed for a DUI, marijuana possession, etc. is giving a young man a second chance to atone for his mistakes. Felony weapons possession of a presumably stolen 9MM with the serial number scratched off is something different all together. He was already on his 2nd or 3rd chance at UGA and now prison time is not totally out of the question.

Sad to see such a waste of talent but do I want him anywhere near Appalachian? No, thank you.

+1 Well stated Mike.

2009Cowboy
June 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
He's not as good as Trent Richardson who didn't exactly dominate Ga Southern in our game against Bama last year. Granted he had 175 yards on 32 carries, but it certainly wasn't like he was running all over us every play. His longest run was 22 yards so he earned every one of his 175 yards. Just making the point that a great RB in FCS does not mean he would completely dominate every team. Washaun Ealey didn't help Jax State all that much last year and he was a top 5 SEC running back.

I don't think Alabama was really UP for that game.Do you? Sure Georgia Southern put up some yards but was never in the game. The Tide rolled with 1/8 of an effort.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I don't think Alabama was really UP for that game.Do you? Sure Georgia Southern put up some yards but was never in the game. The Tide rolled with 1/8 of an effort.

Oklahoma State had just lost the night before which put Bama back in contention for the title. There was no way they did not have a complete blowout on their minds.

Besides, Alabama had no problem getting motivated for Kent State, North Texas, and Vanderbilt.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM

okay let your coach know that please.

I don't know how Dominique Swope's career will turn out, but I do know that the had 1000 yards as a true freshman in 6 starts and ran for more yards on Alabama than any team did last year.

If I had to choose between Crowell and Swope and there was no criminal record to factor in I would still choose Swope. Of course with player's there are no guarantees, though.

danefan
June 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
He'll find Jesus and end up at Liberty.

cbarrier90
June 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
so you don't want a kid who ran for 850 yards in the sec as a true freshman to come here where we really need a consistent running back?

Do you remember anything about ASU off-the-field last season?

CropDuster
June 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
With the charges he's facing the only thing he's probably going to be playing is the trombone in prison.

dgtw
June 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Georgia did not face Alabama, LSU or Arkansas in the regular season last year. In the SECCG, he rushed for 15 yards on 10 carries against LSU.

mountaineer in Cane Land
June 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
the kid will never end up at App, Moore has a policy of never taking a player who was kicked off his former team, besides he is facing some serious charges, his playing days are probably over.

ASU_Fanatic
June 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
As your rival as a GSU fan I hope he takes his act to Boone and destroys your team chemistry, gives your program a black eye with his entitlement thug attitude and behavior, and saddles your program a reputation for recruiting criminals to play ahead of HS recruits.

However, as a person who respects Jerry Moore and appreciates what he has built in Boone I hope he is smart enough to not go there. Besides, y'all don't need him either. Y'all have a good program and this turd will only sour that.but let's be real those are normally the best players it just takes coaching to put them in their place. how do you think miami went from being known as a really good academic institution to a cfb dynasty? they went straight to the ghetto

frozennorth
June 30th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Georgia did not face Alabama, LSU or Arkansas in the regular season last year. In the SECCG, he rushed for 15 yards on 10 carries against LSU.
60 yards on 15 carries against boise. Not great, but not bad either.

R3TRO
June 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
but let's be real those are normally the best players it just takes coaching to put them in their place. how do you think miami went from being known as a really good academic institution to a cfb dynasty? they went straight to the ghetto

Your twisted view of this situation is frightening.

ericsaid
June 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Don't worry...by L town I'm sure he means Lenoir which means caldwell county which leads to skewed fews of such topics...guys never had to deal with these type of people in caldwell county

blueballs
June 30th, 2012, 06:56 PM
but let's be real those are normally the best players it just takes coaching to put them in their place. how do you think miami went from being known as a really good academic institution to a cfb dynasty? they went straight to the ghetto

Really??? When I think of the best football players I think of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Revis, Gronkowski, Manning, Rice, Davis, et al. None of those guys are thugs and they are the antithesis of thugs.

It doesn't take coaching to put a kid in his place, it takes parenting, if it ever gets to the piont where a college coach is going to be the difference maker chances are it is a lost cause already.

eaglewraith
June 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM
IF he ends up at an FCS school somewhere, I'm not too worried about him. He can't string more than 3 plays together without coming out of the game for an "injury."

He's also had issues with failing drug tests in addition to these weapons charges. I'm afraid he might be supremely ****ed here soon though with all that.

cbarrier90
June 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Your twisted view of this situation is frightening.

Yes, and he will hopefully learn.In fairness, his own signature says he is quite a young poster, so cut him some slack.

CID1990
June 30th, 2012, 08:53 PM
There's a team or two that I would not be surprised to see him playing for.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
There's a team or two that I would not be surprised to see him playing for.

Don't know if you're thinking it or not, but hell will freeze over before Jeff Monken will take this guy. Especially since we really don't need him.

CID1990
June 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Don't know if you're thinking it or not, but hell will freeze over before Jeff Monken will take this guy. Especially since we really don't need him.

lol

coover
July 1st, 2012, 02:28 AM
He'll probably end up playing for the Tattnall County Inmates. I think they play Division III or something!

kdinva
July 1st, 2012, 07:03 AM

:D xbowx

crossfire07
July 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
If he had been in Louisiana he would not be getting charged for any gun violations but for the serial number. I don't think he will be playing for anyone at any level.

eaglewraith
July 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM
lol

Think about what is required for a B-Back in this offense. Do you really think we need him in that spot?

I-16Bandit
July 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
I think I heard this story before when his name was Washaun Ealey. That worked out really well, right?

QFT.

ASU_Fanatic, are you just ignoring this prime example of why people are saying no to Crowell?

Seawolf97
July 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
LOL- You read my mind

BR54Niner
July 2nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
We'll take him in Charlotte. He can't get into too much trouble in Harrisburg and a player of his stature would bring instant credibility to our program. No wonder the bumpkins in Boone can't see the forest for the trees (maybe they should mow the grass. Wait, never mind)

AshevilleApp2
July 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
We'll take him in Charlotte. He can't get into too much trouble in Harrisburg and a player of his stature would bring instant credibility to our program. No wonder the bumpkins in Boone can't see the forest for the trees (maybe they should mow the grass. Wait, never mind)

I couldn't agree more. He'll bring the exact credibility that you need. Please recruit him.

Eaglesrus
July 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM

Apparently you don't know much about him. The way I hear it, he could find a way to get in to trouble if he was locked in a 4' X 4' closet by himself.

Tuscon
July 2nd, 2012, 03:46 PM

Is it not illegal in Harrisburg to carry an unlicensed, concealed weapon with altered identification marks in a school zone? Is it not illegal to do drugs there? I'm not sure what else he got in trouble for that we don't know about, but I do know he was given many many chances in Athens and still found a way to commit multiple felonies and get kicked off the team. Have fun with that.

EKU-n-GSU
July 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
10-4 on that...Don't need him and sure as hell don't want him.
You could tell he was bad news from the beginning. Served several partial suspensions for drug possession and other team rule violations; the gun thing is simply a logical progression of his descent into being a full-fledged hoodlum. Forget the FCS, FBS, or any other 'opportunities'. Being caught w/a weapon with an altered serial number is a serious offense...he's looking at 2-5 yrs. on that charge alone. Maybe he can get a pick-up game w/Adam Sandler...

kperk014
July 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM

Correct.

firemoose
July 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM

If that's the kind of players you want to build your team around then have at it. At least the weekly coaches meetings will have a new twist.

1. Check police blotter before inserting player into lineup. will be engraved on top of the blackboard.

Houndawg
July 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
You could tell he was bad news from the beginning. Served several partial suspensions for drug possession and other team rule violations; the gun thing is simply a logical progression of his descent into being a full-fledged hoodlum. Forget the FCS, FBS, or any other 'opportunities'. Being caught w/a weapon with an altered serial number is a serious offense...he's looking at 2-5 yrs. on that charge alone. Maybe he can get a pick-up game w/Adam Sandler...

If he can stay in shape while he's in the joint he can work on a comeback with the Griz.

CID1990
July 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Think about what is required for a B-Back in this offense. Do you really think we need him in that spot?

I like how I never mentioned GSU in two posts and trolled up a GSU fan anyways.

eaglewraith
July 3rd, 2012, 04:07 AM
I like how I never mentioned GSU in two posts and trolled up a GSU fan anyways.

The intent was there. You knew exactly what you were doing.

Hammerhead
July 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
He'll probably end up playing for the Griz.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5c4wl2Cn11qavta3.gif

CID1990
July 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
The intent was there. You knew exactly what you were doing.

You need to own your insecurity dude.

I actually didn't have GSU in mind specifically, but now that you mention it....

344Johnson
July 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, and he will hopefully learn.In fairness, his own signature says he is quite a young poster, so cut him some slack.

Like an 8th grader or something along those lines? Still an idiot.

major095
July 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
A picture on a Georgia web site message board, www.Georgia247sports.com, shows former Bulldog running back Isaiah Crowell, or someone who bears a strong resemblance, standing in the Alabama State University football complex. The picture is shot through the window of a closed door belonging to either head coach Reggie Barlow or the office next to his, which belongs to director of football operations Craig Payne. Another picture on the message board shows a dormitory or apartment interior with an Alabama State jersey No. 1 draped over the sofa. Crowell wore No. 1 in his brief tenure with the Bulldogs.

Barlow has not responded to a telephone call seeking comment.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/hornetchat/

1andDone
July 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
He's going to Bama State. Per twitter

eaglewraith
July 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM

After he gets out of jail.

eaglesrthe1
July 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I would think that the odds of him doing jail time of any significance from this incident to be small.

Grizalltheway
July 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
He'll probably end up playing for the Griz.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5c4wl2Cn11qavta3.gif

BUAHAHA LOOK TWO GRIZ JOKES ON THE SAME PAGE OMG LOL

PaladinFan
July 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM

Confirmed by the hometown newspaper.

crossfire07
July 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
His mother said the reports aren't true and that he has not made up his mind yet.

danefan
July 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Updated article

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/07/05/isaiah-crowell-hires-high-profile-atlanta-attorney-may-be-headed-to-alabama-state/?cxntfid=blogs_uga_sports_blog

kdinva
July 6th, 2012, 05:39 AM
ESPN says Alab. state.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8131704/former-georgia-bulldogs-running-back-isaiah-crowell-transferring-alabama-state-according-coach

Tuscon
July 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Idiot. JUCO for a year then transfer back up. Sadly, most big programs would still take him in.

WileECoyote06
July 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
He can play immediately. *shrug* Good for Bama State. Although I wonder why they are allowing him to enroll. UNC system schools usually reject anyone who has a pending criminal case.

Seven Would Be Nice
July 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM

I know you blindly hate all things SEC and especially UGA... but I agree 100%.

Overrated, zero work ethic, AND he's living the thug life?

I'll be shocked if he runs for another 850 yards in his career before being dismissed and applied for a job flipping burgers.

Seven Would Be Nice
July 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Idiot. JUCO for a year then transfer back up. Sadly, most big programs would still take him in.

Would State take him? Would you want him on your roster with all the other problems you guys have had filling your roster, I would think you'd want to avoid him at all costs.

Tuscon
July 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Would State take him? Would you want him on your roster with all the other problems you guys have had filling your roster, I would think you'd want to avoid him at all costs.

I never said I wanted him, that doesn't mean programs wouldn't take him. I don't think Coach Curry would take in that big of a project due to our off the field issues as of late. If he thinks he needs a gun in Athens, I'd hate to see what he thinks of Atlanta.