PDA

View Full Version : Moore Reflects on I-AA Championship Boost

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM
As this article demonstrates, winning a I-AA championship could have a very profound impact on a program and as you'll learn below, a coach's waistline! Perhaps, I picked the wrong field!

Interesting read which talks about financial boost to the scholarships, increase in admissions and ticket sales...

Moore Gratified by ASU's Success

by Tommy Bowman (Winston-Salem Journal)
June 24, 2006

Coach Jerry Moore hasn't had much free time to reflect on the most notable day in Appalachian State football history, but he has the date etched in his memory.

"December 16," said Moore, recalling the Mountaineers' 21-16 victory over Northern Iowa in the NCAA Division I-AA championship game.

It's been like a string of red-letter days in the six months since, and Moore said that the whirlwind of excitement surrounding ASU's first national title in a team sport is finally down to a more manageable breeze. But the effects remain evident - from increased ticket sales and fund raising to overall pride in the program.

Not to mention the number of chicken dinners Moore has been treated to as a guest speaker at numerous events.

"You can tell that, too," said Moore, eyeing his waistline.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=8147&fromPage=137

BLUE TIGER
June 25th, 2006, 05:40 PM
As this article demonstrates, winning a I-AA championship could have a very profound impact on a program and as you'll learn below, a coach's waistline! Perhaps, I picked the wrong field!

Interesting read which talks about financial boost to the scholarships, increase in admissions and ticket sales...

Moore Gratified by ASU's Success

by Tommy Bowman (Winston-Salem Journal)
June 24, 2006

Coach Jerry Moore hasn't had much free time to reflect on the most notable day in Appalachian State football history, but he has the date etched in his memory.

"December 16," said Moore, recalling the Mountaineers' 21-16 victory over Northern Iowa in the NCAA Division I-AA championship game.

It's been like a string of red-letter days in the six months since, and Moore said that the whirlwind of excitement surrounding ASU's first national title in a team sport is finally down to a more manageable breeze. But the effects remain evident - from increased ticket sales and fund raising to overall pride in the program.

Not to mention the number of chicken dinners Moore has been treated to as a guest speaker at numerous events.

"You can tell that, too," said Moore, eyeing his waistline.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=8147&fromPage=137

The majority of JSU fans(including HC) want to enter the 1AA playoffs, and this decision will be made during the 2006 SWAC winter meetings. I seriously believe its going to happen in 2007.

Jafus (Thinker)
June 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM
The majority of JSU fans(including HC) want to enter the 1AA playoffs, and this decision will be made during the 2006 SWAC winter meetings. I seriously believe its going to happen in 2007.

Smile!

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM

Would going to the I-AA playoffs and potentially winning it make a big impact on Jackson St as compared to that of Appalachian State? Or not as much so because of JSU's solid backing?